Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I just bought this game today for Wii because I've been wanting it since I got my Wii and I LOVE IT!!

I've been a fan of the Medal of Honor series since I kicked my bro's butt all the time in MoH: Allied Assault on PC. Such a great series. Vanguard isn't too hard or too easy, it's not hard to figure out (although it took me a little while to notice the bad guys dropped ammo after you killed them) and the graphics are amazing.

Has anyone else played this game? Enjoyed it? Because I sure did!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Zeldafan1 Zeldafan1 is offline
Minister of Funk!
Send a message via AIM to Zeldafan1 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeldafan1
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern Ohio
View Posts: 3,132
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I hated this game.

This probably is the worst FPS on the Wii so far. It's not even worth getting on the Wii, you should have saved your money and got it for the PS2 for 20$ less.

For anyone to think of this as a good FPS, you should go back and play some GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Halo CE, and Half-Life. Because Vanguard is really just mediocre at best.
__________________


"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."- Stewart Alsop


Please PM Blizzaga to be a TP Specialist.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan1 View Post
I hated this game.

This probably is the worst FPS on the Wii so far. It's not even worth getting on the Wii, you should have saved your money and got it for the PS2 for 20$ less.

For anyone to think of this as a good FPS, you should go back and play some GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Halo CE, and Half-Life. Because Vanguard is really just mediocre at best.
We don't use our PS2 anymore. And I think it was worth the buy because I love the game. And sorry, but I've never heard of any of those games you listed. I'm happy with Vanguard.

I respect your opinion, but I love Vanguard. <3
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Goron red Goron red is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Goron red
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NC the best state ever
View Posts: 1,429
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Game Informer Online

It doesnt seem like such a great game to me.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Who cares what websites say?

I love the game. I thought it was cool. If anyone is trying to hurt me just because I enjoyed the game, then you can keep your comments to yourself. I do want people's opinions about the game, but not people's failing efforts to convince me that I wasted my money.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Mirror Image Mirror Image is a male United States Mirror Image is offline
This heart's a stranger, and you'll love it 'cause it's dangerous.
Send a message via AIM to Mirror Image
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,571
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Look the truth!

Duck for cover!
__________________
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Zeldafan1 Zeldafan1 is offline
Minister of Funk!
Send a message via AIM to Zeldafan1 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeldafan1
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern Ohio
View Posts: 3,132
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynella
I love the game. I thought it was cool. If anyone is trying to hurt me just because I enjoyed the game, then you can keep your comments to yourself. I do want people's opinions about the game, but not people's failing efforts to convince me that I wasted my money.
Then this thread is useless, if you can even argue to other people why Vanguard is so great, then you're wasting our time and others time.

Vanguard is mediocre. Plain and simple.
__________________


"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."- Stewart Alsop


Please PM Blizzaga to be a TP Specialist.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

No, the thread isn't useless.

This thread is for giving your opinions on MoH: Vanguard, not trying to prove the game is a waste of money.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Zeldafan1 Zeldafan1 is offline
Minister of Funk!
Send a message via AIM to Zeldafan1 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeldafan1
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern Ohio
View Posts: 3,132
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Saying the game is a waste of money, Is an opinion.
__________________


"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."- Stewart Alsop


Please PM Blizzaga to be a TP Specialist.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:29 AM
fireball Australia fireball is offline
I told you I was coming back
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Underneath a pile of DVDs
View Posts: 2,729
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

It is kind of on my buy if discounted list as I enjoyed European Assualt which I had bought at one of EB's mid year sales (always the best time to buy those maybe games around here). Its all dependant on other factors such as what other games are there, would it be better to what for title x which is similar and so on.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

It is. But saying it like "You should have saved your money" is trying to prove you're right when opinions are neither right nor wrong.

Simply saying "I think it's a waste of money" is saying it like an opinion, my friend.

Fireball: the company that makes MoH is EA, not EB.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Mirror Image Mirror Image is a male United States Mirror Image is offline
This heart's a stranger, and you'll love it 'cause it's dangerous.
Send a message via AIM to Mirror Image
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,571
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

How about you say why it isn't a waste of money?

Proving someone wrong is a lot more respectable than *****ing at them.
__________________
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I wasn't ****ing at them.

I want people's opinions, but I don't want them acting as if their opinions are fact.

I think the game isn't a waste of money because of the great gameplay, cool missions, epic story (WWII for cryin' out loud!) and even the great graphics. And I normally wouldn't care about graphics.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Zeldafan1 Zeldafan1 is offline
Minister of Funk!
Send a message via AIM to Zeldafan1 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeldafan1
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern Ohio
View Posts: 3,132
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynella
And sorry, but I've never heard of any of those games you listed. I'm happy with Vanguard.
Where have you been buddy?
Quote:
It is. But saying it like "You should have saved your money" is trying to prove you're right when opinions are neither right nor wrong.
That is still my subjective point of view.

Besides the PS2 and Wii version of Vanguard are in essence the same game. Only the difference is the PS2 version is slightly better, for 20$ less and it's a slightly better game for the PS2, that's a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynella
I think the game isn't a waste of money because of the great gameplay, cool missions, epic story (WWII for cryin' out loud!) and even the great graphics. And I normally wouldn't care about graphics.
That's still pretty poor justification. I wonder how you would review a whole game...

Graphics? The graphics are nothing to brag about, especially considering it's on the Wii, the
system with the worst graphics out of all 3 consoles. Not only that, but it barely improved from last-gen. Some review sites are even saying the game's graphics are worst from last installments of the series, and from what I've seen and played I agree whole-heartedly.
__________________


"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."- Stewart Alsop


Please PM Blizzaga to be a TP Specialist.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Hombre de Mundo Sweden Hombre de Mundo is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo



Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: EL's mind
View Posts: 13,676
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

It was a good game. Not great, but good. I found myself wasting lots of time in front of the tv, so I'm satesfied.
__________________
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan1 View Post
Where have you been buddy?
It's not my fault. Stores here just don't have any of the good games. I've never found any of those games you mentioned on Amazon either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan1
Besides the PS2 and Wii version of Vanguard are in essence the same game. Only the difference is the PS2 version is slightly better, for 20$ less and it's a slightly better game for the PS2, that's a better deal.
I don't use my PS2 anymore, like I said. I only play Nintendo now. And I'm happy with the Wii version. There's no point in getting it on PS2 now anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan1
That's still pretty poor justification. I wonder how you would review a whole game...
How so? I stated my opinion. How should it be poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan1
Graphics? The graphics are nothing to brag about, especially considering it's on the Wii, the
system with the worst graphics out of all 3 consoles. Not only that, but it barely improved from last-gen. Some review sites are even saying the game's graphics are worst from last installments of the series, and from what I've seen and played I agree whole-heartedly.
Ha, yeah right. I've seen the graphics of the Xbox 360 and I don't see much of a difference between them and the graphics of the Wii. I think the Wii's are better anyway.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Mirror Image Mirror Image is a male United States Mirror Image is offline
This heart's a stranger, and you'll love it 'cause it's dangerous.
Send a message via AIM to Mirror Image
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,571
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynnella View Post
I wasn't ****ing at them.

I want people's opinions, but I don't want them acting as if their opinions are fact.

I think the game isn't a waste of money because of the great gameplay, cool missions, epic story (WWII for cryin' out loud!) and even the great graphics. And I normally wouldn't care about graphics.
You were *****ing. That's my opinion. It can't be wrong.

And, that's what people do. They act as though their opinions are facts. Because it's what they believe. And you believe otherwise, so you're supposed to attempt to prove it otherwise, and so on and so forth until there's nothing more to be said.

And WWII doesn't make an epic story. I refuse to play most WWII games just because how God Damn trite those games are. Guess what! The allies win!

And there's plenty of reasons why this game should just be considered mediocre. I'm sick of WWII, as stated before. The graphics might be the best for FPS's on the Wii so far, but that doesn't change the fact the Wii can do so much more. Split screen multiplayer? I don't want anymore of that. I want some online. I want me some ****in' shooting my buddies in the face and screaming at them and having a good time, but I guess if I want that, I should just get an Xbox. And yeah, this really isn't a flaw for this game, or any wii game released so far, but Nintendo's, for not letting third party companies go online yet. Yeah, Nintendo sucks.

I like games that are original. Perhaps that's just me. You should pick up Half Life 2 GOTY edition, which has the original Half Life, and Half Life 2. Unless blood scares you. Blood and fun.
__________________
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror Image View Post
You were *****ing. That's my opinion. It can't be wrong.

And, that's what people do. They act as though their opinions are facts. Because it's what they believe. And you believe otherwise, so you're supposed to attempt to prove it otherwise, and so on and so forth until there's nothing more to be said.

And WWII doesn't make an epic story. I refuse to play most WWII games just because how God Damn trite those games are. Guess what! The allies win!

And there's plenty of reasons why this game should just be considered mediocre. I'm sick of WWII, as stated before. The graphics might be the best for FPS's on the Wii so far, but that doesn't change the fact the Wii can do so much more. Split screen multiplayer? I don't want anymore of that. I want some online. I want me some ****in' shooting my buddies in the face and screaming at them and having a good time, but I guess if I want that, I should just get an Xbox. And yeah, this really isn't a flaw for this game, or any wii game released so far, but Nintendo's, for not letting third party companies go online yet. Yeah, Nintendo sucks.

I like games that are original. Perhaps that's just me. You should pick up Half Life 2 GOTY edition, which has the original Half Life, and Half Life 2. Unless blood scares you. Blood and fun.
First, opinions are neither wrong, nor right.

Second, who cares if it isn't online? Who cares if it's split screen multiplayer? I've been able to ignore that since Battle Tanx on the N64. Seriously, I could care less about these things.

If you want online, then go play Allied Assault or something on Gamespy. I enjoy Vanguard just the way it is.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
sugar sugar is a female United States sugar is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to sugar Send a message via Skype™ to sugar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tempe, AZ
View Posts: 4,211
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

hey uh. When you ask for people's opinions, you're bound to get them delivered in a variety of ways. Some people are more straightforward and will share their opinions in a manner that reflects that. If you don't like that, you might not want to ask people what they think, because not everyone is going to mold their opinions and the way they deliver them just to please you.

I've never played the game.
__________________
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Sonic Rainboom Sonic Rainboom is a female Sonic Rainboom is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Carolina
View Posts: 30,586
Re: Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Of course. I guess I just wasn't expecting to get a lot of negative opinions about the game...
Closed Thread

Tags
honor, medal, vanguard


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -