Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Knight of Skyloft
Send a message via ICQ to HoLy_LiNK
View Posts: 830
Re: Runescape

I started it to see what it was like then after playing for a while I stopped and never played it again I cried afterwards for playing it was so sad so please don't play this game it leaves you behind with mental scars (It is the crappiest game every made lets just put it like that)

<AdOpTeD By Veritas
Sig by ME!
Wii Number
1636 0258 3614 3011
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 12:27 AM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

How can you all bash runescape so much? The graphics are FINE and the music is GREAT. The quests are fun and involving, and I never found one quest too easy or boring (albeit the non member no requirement quests, as they are purely aimed at staring out players). It is CONSTANTLY updated and costs a mere FIVE dollars per month for THOUSANDS of hours of play. Who cares if the graphics suck in your opinion, it's JAVA. And it can be fired up on a narrowband connection easy. It has the most depth of any MMORPG, RPG, or video game in general that I've ever seen. And it has the most free content of any MMO out there. In fact, 90% of MMOs cost money to even play. The combat system is extremely deep. The story lines are great and have tons of humor etc. to keep you going. The ony thing bad about it is the repetition, and the training. Boringest parts of the game, can last for hours, but the rewards (tons of cash+ XP) are amazing.

I personally have been playing for 4 years and I love it to death. As well as Zelda, and I like both simultaneously thankyouverymuch!

I would like to see some arguements for the game please. Everyone has simply stated the graphics suck, its repetive, or just simply stated the game sucks (to the extreme) without any points.

I will say this right now. Nintendo is terrible, none of their games are worth paying a dime for. They SUCK OUT LOUD and nobody will every buy their products again because they just suck. How do you feel about that?
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Tab.
Send a message via AIM to Scoria
View Posts: 8,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus27 View Post
How can you all bash runescape so much? The graphics are FINE and the music is GREAT. The quests are fun and involving, and I never found one quest too easy or boring (albeit the non member no requirement quests, as they are purely aimed at staring out players). It is CONSTANTLY updated and costs a mere FIVE dollars per month for THOUSANDS of hours of play. Who cares if the graphics suck in your opinion, it's JAVA. And it can be fired up on a narrowband connection easy. It has the most depth of any MMORPG, RPG, or video game in general that I've ever seen. And it has the most free content of any MMO out there. In fact, 90% of MMOs cost money to even play. The combat system is extremely deep. The story lines are great and have tons of humor etc. to keep you going. The ony thing bad about it is the repetition, and the training. Boringest parts of the game, can last for hours, but the rewards (tons of cash+ XP) are amazing.

I personally have been playing for 4 years and I love it to death. As well as Zelda, and I like both simultaneously thankyouverymuch!

I would like to see some arguements for the game please. Everyone has simply stated the graphics suck, its repetive, or just simply stated the game sucks (to the extreme) without any points.

I will say this right now. Nintendo is terrible, none of their games are worth paying a dime for. They SUCK OUT LOUD and nobody will every buy their products again because they just suck. How do you feel about that?
That is by far, the best post in the world. You win an internets.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,310

Quote:
RS is alright for a "free" MMORPG; I'll give it that.

The graphics are bearable, but it's the sound and music that simply irritates me the most (and especially the sound effects).

The quests are alright, at least they have some variety between them. However, most of the quests aren't as in-depth as you say they are. Only the long, difficult (most of the quests are mainly difficult because they're so long =P) quests have some depth and a good story in them. Another thing is that the a lot of the quests aren't rewarding enough. You barely get any good cash from the quests. Perhaps you can wield a thing or two, or have access to a new place; but a lot of the quests aren't nearly enough rewarding as they should be.

I simply don't find RuneScape's humor appealing; mainly because it's geared towards kids (and the fact that it appears to mostly be UK humor). Of course; this is entirely a personal opinion.

The game becomes boring after a while. The combat system simply straight-out sucks; I don't even know how you can call it deep. A random ink blob generator? Come on. . . It's horrible and isn't fun and all. RS is the definition of a point and click game. That's what the entire game is based on; and that's all you. Point-click-wait-repeat. Obviously the game becomes less interesting after hours upon hours of clicking and realizing that's all you're doing.

The leveling system is horrible as well. You could spend weeks trying to level and only raise around ten levels. There isn't enough equivalence to how much time you put into leveling and how much experience points you get. I'm assuming this is how Jagex keeps a hold of the members for years and years. In fact, leveling just one skill to 99 would probably take around half a year.

Non-members hardly get any benefits at all. There are barely any updates for them, the area is significantly too small, there are barely quests. 90% of everything is in the members world. This automatically forces players to play $5. Not that I have a problem with this; it's just that you have to pay in order to get decent benefits.

80% of the members are terrible. Most of the members are pompous, ignorant, dull-witted, single-minded, judgmental, self loathing, and immature *refrains from using foul words*. A lot of members judge you on what level you are; if you're a lower level then someone, they see you as a lesser, and they think they're far more superior then you. I'm not going to even begin on how immature a lot of the memebers are (even enough a lot of them are in fact kids). . .

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me because I know you don't mean that (and even if you did; it still wouldn't matter, although, a few fanboys might get mad at you =P) .

Rant completed =P.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Tab.

*giggles like an idiot*

I think Samus was being sarcastic, but if he wasn't then I'm still going to laugh at the post.

RuneScape could be better if more than five people were working on it, cause that's roughly how many actually test and make the things in the game.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 194

Well, this sucks, I just read today that some people don't hate me and now I'm going to go against all of ZU. I play the game (nonmember) and I think that its a brilliant time waster (in a good way). This game is perfect for me for a few reasons.

1. If I got WoW it would eat my soul instead of RS just borrowing it between classes.
2. MMORPG's are just something that I can get into because I have this competitive streak that basically makes me want to beat down everyone at everything. My claim to fame is finishing a race with a foot stuck up through my foot just to win.
3. It really doesn't seem to be that hard to level up so far (level 51) I just sit down and click...watch TV...click...watch TV, its called multitasking.
4. I don't really care about graphics so the terrible graphics don't really bother me and even if they did its free so I really didn't expect much.
5. I already enjoy questing and exploring so as far as I am concerned this world is just another place to explore.

The only thing I really don't like about the game is that my friends (who ironically enough got me into the game not 2 weeks ago) will walk around and talk about it loudly in public portraying us all as the biggest nerds in the world. While I'm definately not denying my nerdom, I'm more of a covert nerd, I really don't talk about gaming in public I kind of just recede into my room at night and play video games. So walking around talking about levels, imaginary cities, and imaginary monsters is kind of... different since generally I talk about fishing and other much cooler stuff in public (thats a joke there).
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Tab.

Here are the only two reasons you should be playing RuneScape-

1. You computer is fifteen years old

2. You only have five minutes availible at the time and want to play an mmorpg

Honestly, there are far better free games out there that are better than even paying for the member areas in RuneScape. Example one is SilkRoad Online.

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

But I guess if chopping down trees is your thing.... go have fun getting that brand new axe of yours.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
master of my fate, captain of my soul
View Posts: 9,958

Runescape was the work of a fat man eating pizza on a friday evening. its the worst game in the history of everything. It is a disgrace to the internet itself and i feel sorry for the simpletons who play it...
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Tab.

It was good for its time, but now it's been many years and there's simply so many better things to play.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

I still have a members account for runescape. I have played on off for a couple of years now and I have to agree with what a guy posted earlier. You are never satified with your character. You have a goal, you reach it and then you make another one. You don't ever reach a level where you enjoy the game. I am level 100, a player moderator and have over 30,000,000 overall xp and have finished all the quests including the one this week. When I calculated the time I must have been on to reach that it is scary. If I wanted to gain a level in a skill it can take anything up to around 8 hours depending on the skill. That sounds really boring and it is. Something about the game keeps getting you back for that extra level though. In that time could have done something worthwhile with my time. I now only do each quest as it comes out and nothing else.

The game has a pretty poor community, especially in the free worlds. It is full of 11 year olds ripping each other off and insulting each other. The game gives back very little for the time spent to playing it. In most skills your level does not reflect how good you are but how long you have been doing whatever is is for. Only a couple of skills require you to think up good ways to level up.

The game does have a few good points such as the quests which I find fun. Pking (Player Killing)can be good fun and high tension if you have a good character build too. You might also meet some good people here if you look hard enough. Being able to log onto this game on just about any computer with internet access is also good.

Overall I'd recommend you all not to play this game. It takes up alot of time to achieve anything and before you know it you've lost the day. Even just to do a quest you need to reach some requirement levels which with a new character can take alot of time even for relatively easy quests. There are plenty of better games out there to play than this so do yourself a favour and do NOT create an account. If somebody directs you to the runescape site use the small X in the corner before it's too late!
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
What?
Send a message via AIM to runeduded8050 Send a message via Yahoo to runeduded8050
View Posts: 186

I play runescape but i have been playing it since i was 8. That game is pretty good and I like it but usually it is just for entertainment
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-26-2007, 09:22 PM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

You guys understand that training skills in any RPG is boring right? And that you don't have to train to have fun. CWs is a fast pased game that takes the already deep combat system even deeper with the catapults and explosive potions etc. There's the brand new barbarian assault, trouble brewing, and tons of other quick minigames, and things that make training fun (like pest control) and every world-wide holiday has a special event, there are emotes that are fun, and plenty of other things that would take forever to name. If I really, really have to, I can continue and name them, but you guys understand as is. I hope.

The max level you really need to have any fun is is around 80 with atleast 1000 skill total. I know some 10 or more people who did that in two months, so it doesn't take too long to get started or train.

And millions play this game... I'm pretty sure atleast 700,000 of them, or more would agree with me.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 777

i thnk rs is bad
i also think that some people like the game
people can like whatever they want
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Fringant Épéiste Fringant Épéiste is a male United States Fringant Épéiste is offline
View Posts: 7,662

another RS thread? What is this? thread 100 some?
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Vermilion Broken
View Posts: 457

I think alot of people don't like runescape because it feels like work and then a little period of enjoyment, but I'm not sure they realize how analogous RS is to real life.

Real Life is much less rewarding to the majority than RS is.
My father has worked all his life and he is horribly depressed and pissed about how his life is, he hardly has time to relax and enjoy life, he tells me about all the stuff he wishes he could buy or do.
He can't do much about it either because that is how the world is.

in RS it is much the same
you work you work you work, and then you MIGHT just get a little bit of time to enjoy the fruits of your labor, and god help you if you die with your good crap on, especially at low levels when you are poor as dirt.

I still play RS on and off again mostly mining, for some reason it's really relaxing.
Just the monotony of it.
Sherlock Holmes used similiar methods to relax as well, ex. reading dull monograms.

I'm not into the PK crap so I don't see many of the griefers.

If I could though I would be playing Ragnarok Online, unfortunately my computer needs to be replaced and can no longer play many games (including RO). =/
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
You can run, but you can't hide...
View Posts: 2,878

RuneScape is okay. Not the best, but worth playing and worth to be not called a bad game. I'm a member, and so is my brother. I'm a level 65

Quote:

Quoted for truth

Sig by Jackyjuju - Vivi Wilder
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Jiizasu Kuraisto
View Posts: 10,802

This thread is over a month old, revived...and I'm afraid I have to bury another Runescape thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
runescape

« MGS | Mii Spotlight »