Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 652
Didn't get a Wii preordered! Help!

Ok, I have a HUGE problem:

I live in another state than I will be in on Nov 19th, so I have to send someone I know to preorder me a wii in that state so I can pick it up on the 19th...but of course, the preorders are out and I didn't even have a CHANCE.

I preordered TPWii--does this mean I'll have the game in my hands and not the Wii?

I talked to Gamestop and they said their entire Wii shipment was open to preorders, which by 10am this morning were all taken. They also said to me (on the phone) that they "are almost sure" there will be another Wii shipment before Christmas.

So I am SO screwed. I have to wait until sometime after Thanksgiving, maybe even until past Christmas?

The only way I can think of doing this is to camp out at a best buy or circut city to get one (since I don't think they took preorders). Any ideas?

Please help! It would SO suck to have to wait even more (and remember, I can't go to the store, I'm in a different state--I can MAYBE send someone for me).

My Art Studios: www.klewstudios.com
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,110
Re: Didn't get a Wii preordered! Help!

If it comes to it, you'll be able to preorder it on amazon. Your only chance aside from that is one of the less popular gaming stores, for example Toys R Us. Mine hasn't started preorders yet. If you say where you're going to be, perhaps someone here can help you out.

You could have posted in the preorder thread, though.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew View Post
Ok, I have a HUGE problem:

I live in another state than I will be in on Nov 19th, so I have to send someone I know to preorder me a wii in that state so I can pick it up on the 19th...but of course, the preorders are out and I didn't even have a CHANCE.

I preordered TPWii--does this mean I'll have the game in my hands and not the Wii?

I talked to Gamestop and they said their entire Wii shipment was open to preorders, which by 10am this morning were all taken. They also said to me (on the phone) that they "are almost sure" there will be another Wii shipment before Christmas.

So I am SO screwed. I have to wait until sometime after Thanksgiving, maybe even until past Christmas?

The only way I can think of doing this is to camp out at a best buy or circut city to get one (since I don't think they took preorders). Any ideas?

Please help! It would SO suck to have to wait even more (and remember, I can't go to the store, I'm in a different state--I can MAYBE send someone for me).
You could buy one online; but prices tend to be about $50 or more when it comes to buying a new system at launch, online.

If you have a (trustworthy) friend who will already be waiting in line at launch day because he didn't a pre-order either, you best bet would to ask him/her to get you one.

If you can't do either, then you'll be waiting a bit longer.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Zora Warrior

I just had a thought...Wal Mart is 24 hour, right? And they will be getting Wiis, right?
Couldn't I just go to Wal Mat a bit before midnight on the 18th and wait until they put the stock on the shelves?

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew View Post
I just had a thought...Wal Mart is 24 hour, right? And they will be getting Wiis, right?
Couldn't I just go to Wal Mat a bit before midnight on the 18th and wait until they put the stock on the shelves?
Wal Mart is open twenty-four hours? Mine isn't.

Even if your Wal Mart is open twenty-four hours, there's going to be a line. I doubt the manager would have just a bunch of people walking around the gaming section until the put it on the shelves. They'll probably make a line either outside the store or inside the store somewhere.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post
Wal Mart is open twenty-four hours? Mine isn't.

Even if your Wal Mart is open twenty-four hours, there's going to be a line. I doubt the manager would have just a bunch of people walking around the gaming section until the put it on the shelves. They'll probably make a line either outside the store or inside the store somewhere.
I waited in line there for the Gamecube about 2 hrs. and there seems to be alot more demand for the Wii. I would be doing the same thing again if I hadn't got a preorder at GameStop.

Wal Mart is the biggest chain in the fricken world Klew, they'll get the biggest shipment so I wouldn't worry about it. You have a very good chance of getting one if you get there early enough.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:02 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,440

Understand that most gamestop's around the country only had 14-20 pre-order spots, I'm rather certain that at launch there will be an extra 5-10 wii's per store availible. Just get to a retailer early on launch and you'lle be fine. I'm actually in the same boat, I'm just going to buy one at launch, shouldn't have too much trouble if I get their early.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Fanboys make the world go round
View Posts: 2,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacumgod View Post
Understand that most gamestop's around the country only had 14-20 pre-order spots, I'm rather certain that at launch there will be an extra 5-10 wii's per store availible. Just get to a retailer early on launch and you'lle be fine. I'm actually in the same boat, I'm just going to buy one at launch, shouldn't have too much trouble if I get their early.
Yea, my Wal Mart is open 24 hours, but for the 360 launch they made everyone wait outside. Also, even though they are open all day, the wal mart I go to don't put out the video game consoles/games until around 9-10 am....they don't sell them at midnight.

My Gamestop had 30 pre-order slots available today and I was #9 to pre-order. Gamestop is going to have online pre-orders Klew coming up soon. Check out their website everyday until they announce it and you should be fine. Target is also an option.

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

You could either camp out in front of the store the day before launch, but just realize chances are you're going to end up waiting for a long while with a bunch of other people. You could do that, or simply wait and try to find it online, or try to find a preorder somewhere else. The last option which isn't the easiest mentally but probably physically, is not to wait in line and simply just wait for the hype to die down a bit and pick it up at the store in March or something. (I really don't know how long consoles are in demand for since I have been out of console gaming until my interest in the Wii. The last console I bought was Ps2, but I didn't buy it until 2 years after it was released. I bought N64 near the release date.) Like the n64, the wii is something I'm going to try to get as soon as I can.

I have several options as well, I think I've given up on the online ordering and I'm going to try to find my luck after Christmas for it since I'll be in the states (I'm in Tokyo, Japan right now). If not, I'll just wait until I come back to the US permanently in July and by then, Nintendo should have plenty of Wiis floating about the country.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Zora Warrior

Thanks for the advice everyone...I feel a bit better to know that other people are in the same situation and have faith that it'll be possible to get a Wii at launch.

I guess I just got scared when Gamestop told me that they might get another shipment before chirstmas. I went <<Gah! Wait for Zelda for another month!?...cannot...comprehend>> You'd think it'd be easier now that we've waited so long, but nope. It's not.

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Fwoosh~
Send a message via Skype™ to Emma
View Posts: 53

Quote:
Are you positive? The same problem is happening to me. The worst part is that they kept telling me that they didn't know, even on Thursday. -____-;;

I wouldn't mind waking up early on Sunday and waiting there. But there might be people waiting in line to get those...T_T So, maybe getting there at 7:30 AM would be good?...
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Maybe I should find you a gun with training wheels
View Posts: 227

I am so mad at the stupid pre-order system. I aws called up and told that I could pre-order starting when the store opened Friday. My mom was super nice and went before the store opened while I was at school. You know what?!! She was the fifteenth person of the day to pre-order...and they only took 12 pre-orders. I will be so mad if I don't get to play Zelda the day it comes out. After waiting for years, I should be able to get the system the day it comes out after all of my long standing loyalty to Nintendo. It's so unfair the way that they set up the pre-orders.

It's not even a bit fair!
YuriaTayde-Aquas Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...So, yeah... He shoots globs of goo at you... I just don't see how that would help a bunch of monkeys take over the galaxy, unless of course it kills you, then the monkeys win... but in that case, why are you attacking it in the first place?
Quote:
YuriaTayde-Solar Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...is one of the more interesting enemies to fight, but again I wonder, what the heck does it hafta do with galactic domination?! Are they gunna build a heat proofe slingshot to send it to Corneria?... Maybe you flew so close to this planet cause you were bored, that makes a little sence I guess.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Previously lord-of-shadow
Send a message via AIM to Max Nichols
View Posts: 8,081

It is fair, actually. They have a limited supply. The way they set them up most places is on a first-come-first-serve basis, which means that the people who wait in line for hours from early in the morning get it, and the ones who don't dedicate as much time to waiting don't.

I personally got up at 6:00 on friday, and waited three and a half hours for the store to open. I was 9th in line, out of 18 preorder slots. I would have been pissed if the people who came near the opening and only had ot wait a halfhour or so got to preorder and I didn't.

No, the system is fair. The lack of supply is not.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-of-shadow
It is fair, actually. They have a limited supply. The way they set them up most places is on a first-come-first-serve basis, which means that the people who wait in line for hours from early in the morning get it, and the ones who don't dedicate as much time to waiting don't.

I personally got up at 6:00 on friday, and waited three and a half hours for the store to open. I was 9th in line, out of 18 preorder slots. I would have been pissed if the people who came near the opening and only had ot wait a halfhour or so got to preorder and I didn't.

No, the system is fair. The lack of supply is not.
First off, my mom was one of the first there. She went before the store opened. All of the people got there at about the same time. The store is in a mall and the mall isn't even opened until late morning.
Second, why did you get 18 pre-order slots when we only got twelve. I don't see how that's fair. The EB Games also by my house only took 6 pre-orders.
I don't even know why I'm posting because you probably won't agree with me anyway.
YuriaTayde-Aquas Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...So, yeah... He shoots globs of goo at you... I just don't see how that would help a bunch of monkeys take over the galaxy, unless of course it kills you, then the monkeys win... but in that case, why are you attacking it in the first place?
Quote:
YuriaTayde-Solar Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...is one of the more interesting enemies to fight, but again I wonder, what the heck does it hafta do with galactic domination?! Are they gunna build a heat proofe slingshot to send it to Corneria?... Maybe you flew so close to this planet cause you were bored, that makes a little sence I guess.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2006, 01:29 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by link1621 View Post
First off, my mom was one of the first there. She went before the store opened. All of the people got there at about the same time. The store is in a mall and the mall isn't even opened until late morning.
Second, why did you get 18 pre-order slots when we only got twelve. I don't see how that's fair.
I don't even know why I'm posting because you probably won't agree with me anyway.
The amount of pre-order spots availible really depends on the location, and popularity of the store, most any mall retailer will have more slots than a lone retailer, it's just good business.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Great Gibdo Send a message via Yahoo to Great Gibdo Send a message via Skype™ to Great Gibdo
View Posts: 4,818

I hope that this is just the Preorders, and when the Wii actually comes out they'll have alot more.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graet Gibdo
I hope that this is just the Preorders, and when the Wii actually comes out they'll have alot more.
I'm with you on that. Maybe it just happens that they don't want just long time Nintendo fans,like me, to gets the game. They want to expand the audience and if the new gamers can't experience it because of all the pre-orders, then they might not want to buy it anymore. They might think Nintendo is unreliable.
Quote:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2006, 06:10 AM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by link1621 View Post
I am so mad at the stupid pre-order system. I aws called up and told that I could pre-order starting when the store opened Friday. My mom was super nice and went before the store opened while I was at school. You know what?!! She was the fifteenth person of the day to pre-order...and they only took 12 pre-orders. I will be so mad if I don't get to play Zelda the day it comes out. After waiting for years, I should be able to get the system the day it comes out after all of my long standing loyalty to Nintendo. It's so unfair the way that they set up the pre-orders.

It's not even a bit fair!
It is completely fair. I'm upset too, odds are I won't get a pre-order, after all, Canadian pre-orders open while I'm at school also. However, since there is no possible way they can judge who the biggest fan is they simply say: Those of you who can get here first get a pre-order slot.

How is that not fair? How could they possibly make it any more fair? Seriously, do you expect them to call everyone in the area, ask them how much they want a Wii, and decide pre-orders based on that?

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Fanboys make the world go round
View Posts: 2,178

Quote:
The amount of pre-order spots availible really depends on the location, and popularity of the store, most any mall retailer will have more slots than a lone retailer, it's just good business.
Acutally, the EB games in my local mall only had 14 Wii pre-orders. I went to my local Gamestop, which is a lone retailer and they took over 30 pre-orders. I went at 8:30 and waited until 10am, which is what time they open. I got the 9th pre-order out of 30.

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM
its okay oscar. we were all dragons.
View Posts: 1,408

my gamestop only took ten. just order one from amazon when it comes out. but till then suck it up and deal with it. its a game system not the end of the world. though i didnt get one either. my mom was 20 in line. she went while i was at school.

Tags
preordered, wii