Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 PM
View Posts: 3,400
Phantasy Star Universe *Hype time*

Around Fall, the next installation of Phantasy Star will be coming out. It allows you to either play the single player story mode, or the online CORPG. Having you choose four classes (Human, Newman, Cast, or Beast) having 3 giant worlds, 15 bosses, and ability to opperate vehicles, this game really struck my eye. I was surprised the game didn't so much hype.

The battle system looks improved now, as you are able to pull of more combos, and are now able to duel-weild one handed weapons (i.e. saber+handgun) Also an improvement is that you can more people in your party.

The Japenese Beta testing has come to a close for a while. The screens, videos, and what not made it look like it was a great time, now seeing as it only had 15-25 people testing it, imagine what it would be like once the thing was up and running where thousands of others go out to kick alien butt.

Now, as far as story goes, it is stated to be about 40 hours long with voice acting (please get Crispin Freeman in there!) The story revolves around you fighting against an organization called SEED, which appear to be monterous alien sent to destroy other living races. You know the old dealy.

The game will come out to PS2, Xbox 360, and PC. The major down side of ths is that the Xbox 360 will have a seperate server. Sorry, Xbox Live better luck next time...

Now, I'm wondering, could it rival the ever popular World of Warcraft? If you buy the game what class will you be?

Express how you feel on the next big online RPG.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
T.I.M.E.
View Posts: 3,545
Re: Phantasy Star Universe *Hype time*

Pretty lame how it doesn't use XBox Live. It will probably be as tedious (and overpriced) as FFXI for 360.

Since it doesn't use XBox Live, I'll probably only be getting this for the story mode.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Jiizasu Kuraisto
View Posts: 10,797

It looks nice, I played the Gamecube version a lot with my friends, so this is interesting. Unfortunately for me I will most likely not get the game, as I'd prefer to have it for a console, and I'm not planning to buy Xbox 360 or PS2.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,674

I loved PSO, I spent so many hours on that game........and I had a collection of FOnewears, with their awesome magic and jester hats.

So I am kind of miffed that PSU was cancelled for Cube, and is the only console left out, because of the fanbase on cube.....but I am looking forward to this game! I am definitly going to be a Newman force.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html

Tags
hype, phantasy, star, time, universe