Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 PM
turtles like strawberry
Send a message via ICQ to Asci Send a message via AIM to Asci Send a message via Yahoo to Asci Send a message via Skype™ to Asci

View Posts: 9,465
"What GC games should I get?" or "Since when does Ascius post in General Gaming?"

I'm probably getting a Cube for Christmas, and I'm wondering what games I should get. I don't like fighting, war, or first-person shooting games.

HELLO IM A TURTLS
join official zu chatroom if you're not dumb okay bye
http://www.twigathy.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi
if you miss me that badly then follow me on twitter
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:53 PM
[See above]
Send a message via AIM to Gunoung
View Posts: 1,676
Re: "What GC games should I get?" or "Since when does Ascius post in General Gaming?"

I assume, your getting WW, so I wont even say that.

Mario Sunshine - Although similar to Mario 64, a wonderful must have of a game.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3(or 4, not sure if its out) - A very well done game, fun and engaging.

Um, thats all I can think of for now....
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Previously lord-of-shadow
Send a message via AIM to Max Nichols
View Posts: 8,088
Re: "What GC games should I get?" or "Since when does Ascius post in General Gaming?"

I absolutely hate the Tony Hawk series... so I'd advise you not to get it But then again, I have a certain bias, I suppose, since so many people DO like it...

Anyways....

Skies of Arcadia: Legends - RPG
Super Mario Sunshine - Platformer
Super Smash Bros: Melee - who the heck knows?
F-Zero GX - Racing
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Racing

Those are all the must-haves that fit your criteria that I can think of.

Oh, and avoid Animal Crossing and Rogue Leader like the plague. They're overrated suckiness
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Not Perfect
Send a message via AIM to InfestedBarbarian
View Posts: 894

Soul Calibur 2 - it's a must
PSO ep 1 & 2 - ok for single player, don't waste money on online.

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I have no idea.
View Posts: 4,183

Aside from whats been said, I can only recommend to you Pikmin or Pikmin 2. I never played 2, but the first one was actually pretty fun. I guess Evolution Worlds is good too, the dungeons can get unbearably long, but its decent enough. Better for the DC though, the Japanese Voiceovers were left on.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to :Brave:Sora: Send a message via Yahoo to :Brave:Sora:
View Posts: 189

l-o-s gave out my list, I was gonna advise you to get MP but you don't like FPs.

I was adopted by Xx Tenkawa xX
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Norfair Thug
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron-X Send a message via AIM to Aaron-X
View Posts: 190

metroid prime is great game. first person or not. pso is good, but the single player mode is boring. if you can find the broadband adapter, get that. online mode is fun as hell. for maximum fun, get an xbox, live, and pso, voice chat is so much better than having one hand on a keyboard.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 06:35 AM
You are (not) alone.
View Posts: 2,204

eep! I don't mind some 1st persons but I don't really like em either. I also dislike war games a fair bit as well. IMO games should all be like mario, happy and up-lifting
l-o-s I really disagree with you, I love the THPS games. And Gunoung7, THPS4 is out and THUG (THPS5) should be out within a month. Disney Extreme Skate Adventure just came out a little while ago and I hope to be getting that soon, skating and Disney is an awesome mix

Some good games you might like included:
SCII - I haven't played it but heard good things.
MP4 - Great mario fun
SSB:M - I love this game, heaps of great fun.
TOS - Whenever it comes out it's certain to be good.
XIII - Ok, I know it's a shooter but it looks fun.
meh I can't remember anymore off of the top of my head (although there is a lot more.

MP5 (Mario for President!) should be out sometime soon. It looks like the best one so far although the title sounds really stupid.

EDIT: you could also call this "The "I'm taking andi's idea for a thread name" thread."
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Waiting for the day.
Send a message via AIM to Doctor OKO
View Posts: 3,178

Wind Waker- Duh
Super Smash Bros- Good beat em up
Skies of Arcadia
Viewtiful Joe.
Super Mario
Star fox.

These are all good games!
Pick a couple of these!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 08:38 AM
A BEING HERR GEEK
View Posts: 2,036

I like doshin the giant, it's a good game, but you must be that "type" to like that kind of game.

Maloney made this sigg. Peefy is cool.
I've adopted Shinji
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Life in slow motion.
View Posts: 2,825

::thinks of what comes out before christmas::

Mario Kart:Double Dash would be nice add to the collection. And even though its been said a few times already I also recommend Skies of Arcadia:Legends. Also thought Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy didn't look all that bad either, although I think Sphinx and the Shadow of Set had a nicer ring to it, heh.

Battle Arena | Live Journal | PM | Profile
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Moderator of Mystery
View Posts: 668

If you really love casual, fun multiplayer racing, by all means go for Mario Kart Double Dash. However, if you love a good challenging, aggressive racer with awesome speed, get F-Zero GX (actually, it's not the hardest game I've played, but it is a nice challenge).

EDIT: Metroid Prime plays so much like an adventure game, and isn't entirely an action game (as opposed to TimeSplitters 2, Nightfire, etc), so you should go for Prime too.

Proud, patient, and wise Nayru clan member.
Follow the rules or suffer the wraith of the mods.
"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence." - W.K. Clifford
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Goron
View Posts: 250

Get Animal crossing, Screw you LOS, i find that a very fun and innovative game, so *sticks tongue out* Bite me and my opinion!

GET ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!

If there were no rewards to reap ,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Grand Inquisitor
View Posts: 3,237

These are my experiences.

Zelda Wind Waker. Duh. I really didnt have to put this.

Metroid Prime. Plays in the first person, but controls a la Zelda with lock on. Focuses on action and adventure pretty evenly.

Ikaruga. Should be cheap (20 bucks) from best buy (if they have it). Pro: Absolute piece of art, masterfully crafted shooter. Hard Cons: Too hard for normal human beings.

Eternal Darkness. Great story, 15 bucks new at gamestop. Definitely worht every penny.

Super Smash. Fun. they call it fighting (which I know you said you dont like), but I call it party fighting, becasue it really isnt like most fighter, try it out if you dont think youll like it.

Super Mario Sunshine. Bundles of fun. Really fun. Maybe on the short side, and some of the levels get a tad repititive, but the water graphics are gorgeeous and the platforming is pure unadultered fun.

Rogue Leader is gorgeous, but its gameplay isnt too great. If you are a star wars nut... wel....

F-zero GX. Fast. Faster. Not fast enough yet. Keep going. Very hard ( not as hard as Ikaruga), simple mechanics, good controls.

* I havent played these two* Mario Kart Double Dash will be coming out, and Viewtiful joe. Check these out.

Thanks to Captain Cornflake for the redesign, originally Pipking's.
Rules don't hurt, but mods make sure disobeying them does.|Adopted imstarbright
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 40

- Metroid Prime & The Wind Waker are both unmissable.
- Skies of Arcadia Legends if you have not played the DC version.
- Soul Calibur 2 if you like fighting games.

They have already been mentioned, but I wish to stress them out.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Now With Less Activity Action
View Posts: 1,283

I liked Animal Crossing. But within a week it gets boring. Rogue Leader was fun though.

WW
FZero
SSB/M
SCII

More inials?

We are Faroreans. We are Courage!
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Goron
View Posts: 205

tww, ssbm, eternal darkness, kirbys air ride, super mario sunshine, metroid prime, final fantasy crystal chronicles (when it comes out) and other stuff.

Repping Farore Clan

I've adopted Deku Flower. PH33R!

Trinest is hot.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Knight of Cerberus
View Posts: 334

Well, let me think. SSBM is a must if you're getting a gamecube. That game has almost infinite replay value. It's kind of the Halo for the Gamecube. The Wind Waker is a pretty good game, if you're into Zelda, that is. Oh course, you wouldn't be ON this forum if you didn't like Zelda, so that was a pretty useless statement.

I also recommend Animal Crossing (If you like sim games), one of the Rogue Squadron games (I suggest Rebel Strike if you're getting either, since it has all the Rogue Leader stuff on it plus new missions), F-Zero GX (Good racing game), SCII (If you want one fighting game), and Viewtiful Joe (I like Capcom. So sue me.) That's just my opinion, though. But SSBM and WW should definately be on your list.

Signatue made by Malony. Avatar made by Ryoko. Visit their shops!

“For the way I figure it, in this business, a lot of your enemies come along. If I kill each one that comes, I should hit the jackpot sooner or later.”- Dante

“Grab your sword and fight the horde!”- Warcraft III
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:11 PM
turtles like strawberry
Send a message via ICQ to Asci Send a message via AIM to Asci Send a message via Yahoo to Asci Send a message via Skype™ to Asci

View Posts: 9,465

SSB:M does not qualify as fighting. It is its own genre. There is no other game like it. It's a multiplayer fighting action/adventure great thingy with minigames. I've played it. But, it's the only Cube game I've played, aside from Metroid Prime at Best Buy. I played it for about half an hour, and I didn't really like it.

So, the top picks are WW, SSB:M, Super Mario Sunshine, and Viewtiful Joe, and Mario Kart: Double Dash. Those were all already on my list, except Mario Kart: DD, which I have never heard of.

HELLO IM A TURTLS
join official zu chatroom if you're not dumb okay bye
http://www.twigathy.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi
if you miss me that badly then follow me on twitter
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,268

While we're at it, can anyone recommend some good GBA games (no cheesy anime RPGs, thanks) that really are good. I am getting heavily frustrated looking for games for my GBA SP and I just can't find anything. I got ALTTP/FS for GBA SP...

Isn't there some lovely dream game out there...
You know what, never mind, even cheesy anime RPGs are ok.

Tags
ascius, games, gaming", general, get or since, post