Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2006, 06:42 PM
-
View Posts: 8,224
Top 10 Favorite Video Games Ever

Well since I'm pretty sure there isn't a thread like this right now... I decided to make one...

1. Final Fantasy VII
Its just really fun. The entire game was a blast.
2. Final Fantasy X
First FF I beat... and just a lot of fun.
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
I really like the battle system, the graphics are probably some of the best EVER, and its just really funny... and fun.
4. Resident Evil 4
It's scary, has great graphics, the controlls are great, and its my first M game so that is a plus.
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Its OoT. No need for a explanation.
6. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
It was a nice quick and easy play through. I liked the graphics a lot and all the sword moves were pretty cool... Also has some the best Zelda boss's in my oppinion.
7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Like MC.
8. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
I don't know why I like this so much... Its fun. Plain and simple.
9. Final Fantasy VIII
First FF game I got into... It pretty much is the game that got me onto RPGs.
10. Paper Mario
First RPG I ever played. And its still one of my favs.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I wish I could vomit blood on you... people
View Posts: 2,045
Re: Top 10 Favorite Video Games Ever

10.) F1 World Grand Prix 2 (90%)
A good and fun F1 racing game, handels well, looks nice, although it's pretty outdated now.

9.) Super Smash Bros. Melee (91%)
Great fun in multiplayer, lots of fun in single player too

8.) F1 Racing Championship (91%)
Another good F1 game for the N64. More realistic handeling then F1WGP2, and slightly less outdated

7.) F1 2002 (92%)
A very good F1 sim. Looks great, handels great, and has lots of different modes.

6.) Paper Mario 2: The thousand year door. (93%)
A great RPG, a great game, and pretty funny. shame theere's no replay value.

5.) Mario Kart 64 (95%)
It got me into Mario Kart- and racing games- still great fun today.

4.) Timesplitters Future perfect (95%)
A brilliant FPS (Best ever, IMO) that improves upon it's predesecors in every way. Doesn't take itself seriously, which is a good thing.

3.) LOZ Ocarina of Time (95%)
A great game. Seeing the opening clip for the first time, when 3D was new, was, amazing.

2.) Mario Kart DS (96%)
Simply brilliant. Takes the best bits out of all the previous Mario Karts and improves them. Adds some great touches of it's own, too.

1.) LOZ A link to the past (97%)
Probably my most played game on the SNES. It got me into Zelda. It never loses replay value, for me.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
♥ ♥
Send a message via AIM to Nucco
View Posts: 1,668

Here are mine:

10) BattleTanks - Not a well known title, but loads of fun
9)Sonic(like all the Sonic Game) - High Speed action
8)LoZ - Great Classsic
7)Super Mario Bros.-Gotta love it
6)Wind Waker
5)Soul Caliber 2 (Gamecube Version)- OMG this game rocks
4)Super Smash Bros Melee- A great game where you get to pummle Nintendo people
3)Metroid Prime - Sweetness
2)Resident Evil 4 - OMG This game is awesome
1) Ocarina of Time.....I don't care, NP says it and I agree
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Timaeus
View Posts: 371

1) Paper Mario (N64)
2) Paper Mario (GC)
3) OoT
4) MM
5) WW
6) Super Mario 64
7) Jak 3
8) Jak 2
9) Mario Kart 64
10) Mario kart: DD!!

Yep. Nintendo fan

Sig and avy made by Cal

I have adopted Shadowmere, Zero Hex, and Master Sword 12. You mess with them, you answer to me!! forum
Friends: DarkShadowLink9, Shadowmere, Dathen, Zero Hex
PM to join the group of Friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leminnes
Balloons hate the human race.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Goron
View Posts: 172

10.ninja gaiden (nes)
9.zelda ocarina of time (n64)
8.mario kart 64 (n64)
7.secret of mana (snes)
6.mortal kombat 2 (arcade, snes)
5.super mario world (snes)
4.castlevania 3 (nes)
3.super mario bros 2 (nes)
2.super metroid (snes)
1.zelda a link to the past (snes)
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:14 PM
La La Bah Cha!
Steam ID: sabian720
View Posts: 2,555

Alright

1.RE series
2.FF:Crystal Chronicals(Gamecube)
3.WindWaker
4.River City Ransom(NES)
5.Monster Hunter(PS2)
6.Onimusha series
7.Prince of Persia series
8.Counter Strike(PC)
9.Every....EVERY Mario game alive
10. Sonic(the one where you can raise your Choas and stuff)

Thanks to Lulu for this awesome sig And Awkin for the banner.

My Band Site
I'm Cam...BAH CHA!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,556

Tricky to limit it to ten. I could probably go out to thirty or so.

1. Ocarina of Time (A groundbreaking experience)
2. Super Metroid (Not as groundbreaking, but perhaps even a bit more perfect)
3. SMB3/SMW (Mario at his best, too close to separate)
4. Pokemon R/B/Y/S/G (Not as high in quality, but I can't deny its appeal)
5. Super Mario 64 (Hasn't aged well, but another groundbreaking experience)
6. Goldeneye
7. Majora's Mask
8. Super Smash Brothers Melee
9. Metroid Prime
10. Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2

I am never satisfied with my ordering. Honarable mentions (no order):

Golden Sun/Golden Sun: LA, Super Mario Bros, Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 4, ALTTP, Meteos, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart 64, Tetris and Doctor Mario, Mario Paint, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Smash Brothers, SMW2: YI, F-Zero GX, DKJB, Metroid Zero Mission/Fusion, NBA Courtside, Ken Griffey's MLB, Pikmin I & II, Wario Land III, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Halo, Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 03-29-2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 11:08 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,287

Umm, I wish I could truly answer that. I can't put them in order, but I can probably name what are currently my ten favorite games (I plan to play a lot of games I missed out on, this summer)

1. Wind Waker- Grand, unique, lengthy adventure, all good for me.

2. Resident Evil 4- This game pretty much had legal possession of my soul for a couple months. Brilliant campaign, some of the best variety in the gameplay I've ever experienced. Then, yes, Mercenaries was the single greatest extra yet.

3. Timesplitters Future Perfect- Story mode, while short and kinda bland, is absolutely hilarious. But alas, the game stands above many because of the great multiplayer and loads of extras to keep you playing for hours on end.

4. Super Mario RPG- This was the first RPG that I actually took seriously, and even now, it's one of the few that I'd play again just because I enjoy it that much.

5. Paper Mario- It's a never ending battle in my mind to decide if this or Mario RPG is better, but no matter what, this rates as one of my all-time favs for endless reasons, mostly because, once again, it was one of the first RPGs that I took seriously and enjoyed every last bit of it possible.

6. Mario Kart Double Dash- I can imagine that this would turn a lot of heads. Fact of the matter is, this is one of the few games that I pick up any time, play it, and enjoy it as much as I did when I first played it.

7. Soul Calibur 2- Superb fighting game. Near perfect controls (GC's controller made some of the combos needlessly difficult, though), and a heckuva lot of unique characters. And the value for it is literally through the roof.

8. Super Smash Bros. Melee- Not only is this game just plain fun, but like Soul Calibur and WW, value through the roof. There is simply so much to do in this game that I'm still working on getting 100% completion; and I've owned it since the day it came out!

9. Mario Party 2- Yeah, I'm crazy, but I love the Mario Parties, and this one remains one of my favorites. Perfect boards, perfect minigames, and boy, when you get three friends to play this with you, it's a riot.

10. Grand Theft Auto Vice City- I feel ashamed at times to say it, because it has such generic gameplay, but I can't get enough of raising hell across the city. Plus, I love the 80s.

Honorable mentions- Winback: Covert Operations, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime Echoes, Geist, Castlevania Circle of the Moon, Lords of the Realm II, Myth II Soulblighter

I'll be back with more, and I swear, in the next few months when another one of these is made, I'll have all kinds of things swapped and added and removed and whatever else you can think of.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Mr. Gamer
Send a message via AIM to Wonko Send a message via Skype™ to Wonko
View Posts: 166

10) Resident Evil 4- To be fair, I've only added this to my list recently, so there's no saying if it'll be on there a few years from now. Damn good game, though.
9) Kingdom Hearts- I love it. I just got KHII today and played it for 6 hours.
8) Tetris- Infinitely replayable... gotten me through many long car rides.
7) Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire- I'm a pkmn master in this one. I don't know why I never caught 'em all in the other games, though.
6) Mario Kart DS- I love Mario Kart, and this is the best MK to date. What's not to love?
5) World of Warcraft- I'm not usually into MMOs, but this one sucked me in.
4) Super Mario World- Second best platformer ever made.
3) Sonic 3 & Knuckles- Best platformer ever made.
2) Super Smash Bros. Melee- Best multi game of all time. It was hard choosing between this and...
1) Ocarina of Time- Which literally brought me to my knees in awe of the beauty I'd experienced. This game is the reason I'm a Zelda fan.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 102
Ooh... I like this idea. Though it might be hard to narrow it down to just ten games...

In no particular order...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past(SNES)
The first Zelda game I really played. I remember coming across it while visiting my cousin and just running around and playing with the items. I was already hooked. A year or two later my grandmother bought it for me and we both fell in love with it.

Starfox(SNES)
It was such a unique game when I played it... The graphics were cool (and revolutionary at the time) and the gameplay was just a blast. It was a difficult game too. I only actually beat it on the level2 and level3 paths for the first time about a year ago. Hehe, I used to remember how to get into the Black Hole, but I lost said knowledge years ago and have never managed to find that blasted face meteor ever since. I saw this one for the first time at my cousin's too, infact it was the same trip I discovered Zelda. Sometime later I saw it in a pawn shop and grabbed it up. (Or did I buy it in the pawn shop first? Gosh... now I'm not so sure...)

Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
...I think I'll just keep this one for myself.

Perfect Dark & Goldeneye007
I list these two in the same place because they were both so similar. Goldeneye was an outstanding FPS when it came out, and it still is. There was nothing else quite like it. Perfect Dark was just like Goldeneye, but expanded upon with even more great content. My friends and I played both games for years...

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, & IX
What can I say? They were the first RPG's I ever played and from the moment I first saw each one I was hooked and new I'd have to have them. I played them all to death and got very good at them. I think they all had great stories, characters, and graphics (for their respective times). Each one was just a blast to play and they had great music too.

Resident Evil 2
Mmm... once again, I saw a friend playing it and I was instantly hooked. It was the first Resident Evil game I purchased and beat myself. I love the setting, the weapons, the characters, the story... the monsters... everything about it. It along with Final Fantasy and the other RE games are what finally convinced me to stop being a Nintendo fanboy and get a Playstation/2.

Resident Evil: Director's Cut & Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
These two are grouped separately from RE2 because they were just so damn hard. RE3 on Hard mode took lots of planning and strategy, and lots of adrenaline to dodge enemies. It was a great accomplishment to finish that game on hard. The same with RE: Director's Cut (and the original RE); Hunters in the original were just so damn dangerous and menacing. After I first encountered them in the mansion I was decaptitated a few times and had to put the game down for months. None of the other games have ever had an enemy that was quite so heart-pounding to face off against. You didn't just fight a few of them either... No, you had dozens and killing each one that you were forced to cross paths with was an accomplishment.

The Resident Evil Remake
It was one of the only actual remakes in any media I can think of that truly just remade the original without making it unrecognizable. It was a bit easier (the Hunters were toned down) but it contained plenty of the old fun, with enough things switched around to make you get lost all over again as well as scare the living bleep out of you. It had great graphics too, as well as voice-acting. Though the cheesy voice acting of the original had it's own charm. ...and you can't forget the killer live-action FMV's.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Well I've talked about it elsewhere on the forum already, but to summarize: it was just a great game all around. A great Zelda game. It didn't feel like a gameboy game. It felt just as solid as A Link to the Past. It had, in my opinion, the best story and setting of any of the Zelda games. The crazyness of Koholint Island was prevelant, but not overbearing or overdone. It took itself seriously, but was light hearted at the same time and provided many challenges with so many secrets to discover.

Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm
Like so many of the other series listed here; when I first saw C&C on a friend's IBM I loved it. To date, no game has quite captured the feel of the very first C&C. It was radical and strange, but believable at the same time. C&C kicked off the RTS genre with it's unique yet familar world, awesome units, and unforgetable storyline and arch villian: Kane himself.
"The rivers will flow with the blood of those who oppose us." --Kane, Nod

Tiberian Sun itself wasn't quite as good as C&C due, I think, to the 3rd person perspective FMV's with actors playing the role as the actual commander. However Firestorm reintroduced the storytelling in a form as though the generals were actually talking to you, and it brought in some great additions to the main game. (units, maps, and such) It was a hell of a challenge to beat too. (Oh, and the music in the games rocked too)

MegaMan X
One of my all time favorite Mega Man games. I first fell in love with the series when I was very little (3 or 4) when I'd go over to my friends and he'd play Mega Man 3 on the SNES. Years later I finally got Mega Man X and beat it on my own. The same with X2, X3, X4, and X5. I loved each one, though X5 felt a bit unfinished. It was still a fitting conclusion to the X series. (according to the original producer X5 was the end)

Oh darn... just one spot left... what to put? Road Rash 64? Turok: Dinosaur Hunter? Duke Nukem 3D/64? Starcraft? Aliens Vs Predator 2? Ah... I know... how could I forget.

Arcanum, Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
I still play this one reguarly to this day. It is a true classic and a very unique RPG. The concept of Magick vs Science was quite original when it came out. Sadly Arcanum was heavily pirated and the developer who made it (Troika) is no longer around, but it's a great game none the less (as it was voted in several magazines when it was released). The setting, especially, is a fresh twist on RPG's. Instead of a sci-fi world, or medieval landscape we find ourselves in a land reminiscent of Victorian England in the late 1880's. There's too much to say here, really, however Arcanum will always be one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with Zelda.

Edit: Just let it be known there are many games that deserve to be on this list. I already mentioned a few, but Mario Kart/64, the Bloody Roar series, Super Smash Brothers/Melee, the Sonic the Headgehog series, Rogue Squadron 1&2, Red Faction, the Half-Life series... or Grand Theft Auto games? As I said, there are just too many to list and not enough space. Suffice it to say there are lot of great games out there that will forever be classics to me.
Last Edited by Langolier; 03-29-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Captain Fap
Send a message via ICQ to e_alert Send a message via AIM to e_alert Send a message via Yahoo to e_alert Send a message via Skype™ to e_alert

View Posts: 3,186

Ah, I might as well...

a. Perfect Dark
Oh, dear God, this game is orgasmic. Not only did it manage to improve on the classic masterpiece that was GoldenEye, but it hasn't yet been beaten in gameplay. Always, always a winner. And this is not to mention the storyline, which left me in tears by the end of my first playthrough. I was that sad it was over.

b. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
My favourite Zelda game, period. It's visually stunning, auditorially nostalgic, and it has that incredible mix of new and old inventory to keep you happy. The bosses were some of the best in the series, it featured the all-important sword techniques made famous by The Adventure of Link, and to top it all off, it's one of the most challenging Zelda titles to speed run. I'm working on a run right now to combat the record.

c. GoldenEye 007
The classic shooter that is arguably a defining point for console FPS games, proving that it was indeed possible to have a high-quality first-person shooter games using a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse. Many hours are still spent on this game's incredible multiplayer, or improving mission times. I've played this so much that I am at a professional gameplay level, and while I do not hold any records on this title [fun fact: I share two records on Perfect Dark], I do get times that are highly respectable and non-cheat inclusive. The only person who even has a chance of competing with me in my neighbourhood is my brother, and only because he knows my style so well. I just play it that much.

d. Super Mario 64
Whom can forget Mario's debut into the 3D realm? This is another game that I play at something of a professional level [notice a pattern, anyone?], simply because I play it so much. The gameplay dynamics of this title are absolutely beautiful; simple and stunning. Of course, I am working on a run for this title during the "breaks" from my TMC run, as this is such a short title to run and doesn't require as much long-term effort.
A classic save-the-princess fairytale, Super Mario 64 has many worlds to explore, and even when you think you know the game inside out, there is most likely more for you to discover. Another trick, another shortcut. A glitch, maybe? I still enjoy this title immensely. It never dies.

e. Metroid Prime
An incredible game, and the long-awaited 3D debut for this series, and a spectacular debut at that. I'd like to think I am good at this title, and I reasonably am, but nothing special. I still play this title every now and then, but the game really requires you to play it all in one go, lest you forget your place. Even still, a frequent play, and one I enjoy at no end.

f. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Before you ask - no, I really don't think I play this title at a professional level. There are far too many tricks in existence that I would like to do but can't, so I don't count myself up there with the big boys. However, I do play this game a lot, even now. Perhaps not as much as I'd like to, but quite a bit nonetheless, and I can still do a good number of the easier tricks. Just a few days ago I was playing through this title again, reliving the moments when I first played this title.

g. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
My first ever videogame. I still love it to pieces, despite the fact that my copy rarely boots up on the old N64. Many hundreds of hours have been wasted blasting my way through platform-like levels, jumping hovertrains and even participating in dogfights. This game began my long-term love of videogames as a whole, and after not sleeping in the first week I owned this title, I knew my life would revolve around gaming in some way or another. I just knew that this is what I would want to do with my life. And I've known it since that first week without a break in belief.

h. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Like Shadows of the Empire, many, many hours have been wasted improving my now-deleted profile for this game. As with all games I play this much, I am at an above-average level of skill. Of course, this isn't one of those titles that I have made a professional effort into playing, not unlike Ocarina of Time and Shadows of the Empire. Every now and then I pop this title in and fight for the Rebellion Alliance once more.

i. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
My second Zelda title, and one I particularly revere. Emotional power is not a common quality of a Zelda game, but Link's Awakening delivers this in truckloads and plus some. Marin is a particularly unforgettable character, Link's only known in-game love interest so far. Always a must-have.

j. Mario Kart 64
A classic. Just a pure classic. Racing at its' finest. I still compete aginst my brother in Battle, and I know some pretty decent shortcuts above the average knowledge. I occasionally pop this one in and improve times or race my siblings, but time is usually spent playing other titles, so the times I play this title are much less than I would like.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 12:42 AM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

Just for grins, I think I'll reply here. Before I begin, I don't know what my top 10 favorite games are. Therefore, I'm going to say what comes to mind. First is my favorite, though.

1. Total Annihilation
Shocking as it may seem, being webmaster of the largest Zelda fansite on the web, my favorite game is not, in fact, a Zelda game. Total Annihilation is, in my opinion, the epitome of the RTS genre, even though it is around 9 years old these days. It utilized rather boxy 3D models, but that worked for the theming, and the sheer fact that it was a 3D game (no sprites or anything) at that time is commendable. What really makes it shine, though, is its wonderful setup of units, and how they behaved. There were, with the original game, about 70 units per side. With the expansions, there were another 50 or so for each... and then there's the thousands of fan-made units. The game was designed to have more units added easily. That's awesome.

Then, of course, there's the fact that the game doesn't use the "rock, paper scissors" method, which is still predominant in the RTS genre. Units could shoot at anything. A ground trooper could, with his little EEG gun, point to the sky and shoot at passing enemy planes. It wasn't effective, of course. You'd watch the rounds fly into the sky, and miss the plane entirely.

...Of course, when there's 100 robots shooting their rapid fire guns in the air, someone's gonna hit it. Which is what makes the game awesome. Every round fired is not designated hit or miss as soon as it's shot. The projectile is generated, and it travels toward the enemy, and if it wasn't lead properly by the unit, it'll miss. If there was a tree in the way, it'll hit the tree. If another unit walks in front of the ****, it'll hit that. That is what is truly awesome about TA.

2. Starcraft
I am, at heart, a PC RTS gamer, no matter how many things suit my fancy. And while purists of the TA community don't like to admit it, Starcraft is an amazing RTS game, though for different reasons from TA. Brood War is a must, though.

3. Majora's Mask
I am of the opinion that the best Zelda game is Majora's Mask. It is quite different from the rest of the Zelda series, and I just love everything about it. Except, possibly, the goron race thing at the end when trying to get the fierce diety mask...

4. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Mighty fine RPG gaming, right there. Open ended, do whatever you want, and have things actually be affected (a bit) by it all. And, of course, still have a very good storyline. I'd grab ES4 in an instant, if my computers could handle it.

5. Freelancer
Many a day was spent on this game, a while back. Haven't played it much recently, mostly because I haven't a clue where my disk is. (Same goes for Morrowind.) This is a very cool space sim. has the most intuitive control scheme I've seen, albiet simplistic. There are many things I'd like to do in it, but it's still awesome. The things that I can't do in Freelance, but want to, are found in X^2: The Threat, another space sim, but its controls gave me some issues, so I'll list Freelancer, and not X^2 as one of my favorites.

6. Ocarina of Time
Come on, what's not to love?

7. Dawn of War
Strategy game #3 on my list here. This game is in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, which some people will know of me that I love Warhammer 40k. Multiple armies, etc. Aside from the connection to that, this game has some incredible bits that I've seen in no other RTS. Namely, the way the game handles artilery, and close-quarters combat. Explosives, and artilery rounds, will send troops flying high and far, scattering units around, and leaving squads to scramble back together around their leaders.

And the close-quarters combat... I've seen nothing like it in a video game. Rome: Total War and the like had interesting games, but even if you zoomed in, you couldn't really see much going on... they'd be swinging swords and stuff, and people fall. But in Dawn of War... you can watch them swing swords, daggers, random implements at each other... parry attacks, jump around, and generally have the chaos of a melee. And, of course, there's always the times when someone gets a sword right through the chest, and then they kick the body off their sword.

8. Pokemon Red
Yes, you read correctly. Pokemon. I haven't played the newer Pokemon games much, sadly, but I did own Red back when it was new, and played the thing all the time. Got all the pokemon, and all. Still play it now and then, when I happen to find my old GameBoy Brick and the cartridge. Pokemon was, and is, freaking awesome, no matter what people might say.

9. Shogun: Total War
Strategy #4! I don't really know why I love this particular game, but I do. The whole setup of the Total War series is great, all of them are excellent games, but Shogun is the one that just wins for me. I'm not sure why, really. I suspect it's because the little movies it uses to show events amuse me. Watching the Ninja sneak around... hehe.

10. Tales of Symphonia
It says a lot when I have 40 hours of gameplay on the thing. In one week. This is a very impressive RPG, and I cannot think of anything that could be significantly improved about it. The story was enaging--even if it was slightly generic in overall premise... but aren't they all? The characters have considerable depth to them. The random conversations were somewhat pointless at times, but it still added so much to it all. A true masterpiece of an RPG.

Well, there we have it. I've figured out what my 10 favorite games of all time are. There are certainly many more games that I adore (like Sim City 3000, some other Zeldas, Chrono Trigger...)
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
1. Total Annihilation
Shocking as it may seem, being webmaster of the largest Zelda fansite on the web, my favorite game is not, in fact, a Zelda game. Total Annihilation is, in my opinion...
(shortened for space) I think I'd put Total Annhilation on my list if I'd ever played it. I watched my friend play it for hours way back in the day though and it was indeed a cool game. I loved the soundtrack and the story was interesting. I had no idea the combat was that unique though. One of these days I'll have to find it somewhere. I do believe it is my friends favorite game of all time.

Quote:
8. Pokemon Red
Yes, you read correctly. Pokemon. I haven't played the newer Pokemon games much, sadly, but I did own Red back when it was new, and played the thing all the time. Got all the pokemon, and all. Still play it now and then, when I happen to find my old GameBoy Brick and the cartridge. Pokemon was, and is, freaking awesome, no matter what people might say.
How could I forget Pokemon on my list? A friend from school got me hooked when he showed it to me. He was playing Red, and so I went out and got Blue. Hehe, I still remember my first party...

Wartortle, Pidgeot, Mr. Mime, Magmar, Snorlax, and Pincer. Gosh, that was so long ago it seems. I stayed with Pokemon up until Gold and Silver. I played Gold all the way through once and never quite got around to starting again. My team that time was Furaligator, Jynx, Magmar, Victreebell, Tyranitar, Hitmonlee, and before Tyranitar: Sand Slash.

Those were fun games to play against people... I creamed all of my friends. Pokemon Statdium and Pokemon Snap were great too.

Super Mario World definetly deserves a mention... being that it was the very first game I ever actually beat.

Hehe... suddenly I'm reminded of Gyromite on the NES for some odd reason. Yeah. Way too many games I want to list in this thread.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 01:43 AM
turtles like strawberry
Send a message via ICQ to Asci Send a message via AIM to Asci Send a message via Yahoo to Asci Send a message via Skype™ to Asci

View Posts: 9,465

1. Gamecube: Super Smash Brothers Melee.
Best in a group of people, and still awesome with just a couple, it's the best multiplayer game I've ever played, and the most fun I've ever had playing a video game. No contest. The most unique fighting game ever, you just can't match the fun you have with a group of friends playing Super Smash Brothers, making different kinds of battles, like a Pokemon Battle, or a Sword Users Only Battle, or a Characters You Loathe Battle... This game has caused on several occasions whoever's family we may be around at the time to get severely pissed at us and yell at us for all the noise we were making screaming at close battles, and yelling at each other because they somehow pulled off a move that "Never worked before, I swear! I want a rematch!". Super Smash Brothers Melee is, put simply, one of the best games ever.

2. Arcade/PS/PS2/Gamecube: Dance Dance Revolution.
Sure, it's nerdy, unconventional, and you look like a complete moron while playing, but I haven't played any game as much or with such passion as I do DDR. I LOVE this game. It's good exercise, great fun at parties, and easy to learn. My personal favorite mix is Extreme 2, since it has Love Is Orange on it, but I will play any mix. DDR is such a unique video game, and it's seriously one of the most fun things you can do. Ever.
Edit: Actually, I played Mario DDR in a Game Crazy once. My god, that was fun. There was this one where you have to hit the arrows with ghosts on them or a Big Boo makes its way up from the bottom of the screen and blocks the arrows from view, making it harder to play, and there were other things you had to do, like hitting arrows with turtles twice to not miss that arrow.. Grah, so much fun. Nintendo was an idiot to discontinue it before I got it.

3: SNES: Super Mario World.
Grah. How could I forget Super Mario World? It was really the first video game I ever played, and I played it FOREVER. I loved this game so much, and I have to say, I kicked quite a bit of ass at it back in the day. This game was simply one of the most fun games ever to exist. It was colorful, had a brilliant map system, and was really LONG, too! there was so much to explore and to discover, and it really never got boring. I know I'm not the only one here that jumped up and down in pure joy when they first took the princess back from that damn Bowser's grimy 16-bit claws.

4. Game Boy Advance: Pokemon Emerald.
The best of the Pokemon series. The Battle Frontier was just WONDERFUL. I don't have over 300 hours played on it for no reason. I've always loved the Pokemon series, and this seems to be the height of its awesomeness so far. I have high expectations for Pokemon Diamond.

5. Nintendo 64: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
There's nothing to be said about this game that hasn't already been said. Awesome.

6. Too many consoles to list: Tetris.
Infinite replay value. Infinite. The classic puzzle game. Too bad it always has to be screwed up. For example, you could not play normal, unchanged, original Tetris on Tetris Worlds.

7. Nintendo DS: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
I LOVED Superstar Saga, and when I heard of this new Mario and Luigi DS coming out, I went to Best Buy as soon as I could and bought it right away. The depth of the battles is amazing, there's so much stuff you can do with the unique style of fighting it has, and it's got such a hilarious story. The game is quite brilliant. It's not the highest ranking DS game on my list for no reason.

8. Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal.
The Battle Tower addition to Crystal was awesome. But the real selling point of these games was the junction of Johto and Kanto. It added a whole new awesomeness to the game, one that has not yet been matched.

9. PS2: Katamari Damacy.
One of the most unique games ever was one of my most favorite. It's so fun, and the unique concept just adds a whole new level of kickassity. Also, the music is some of the best music ever to be played in a video game.

10. Gamecube: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
The original Paper Mario had a very fun concept, and the sequel to it was even better. I love the RPG style of the game, and find it to be more fun than other Mario platformer style games.

11. Nintendo DS: Mario Kart DS.
Sure, it's a lot like other racing games, but it's a lot brighter, and doesn't concentrate SO much on the cars themselves rather than the racing. This version of Mario Kart makes it higher than the other three I've played simply because of the Wifi addition. It's really fun to play against people you don't know. I have three gripes about it though. There is a way that you can go really fast by drifting constantly. Some people don't want that. They just want a good race. Second, you can't play every track on Wifi. Third, people quit if they start to lose just so they can have a high record. It's stupid. You should play for fun, not just to win. Games were made for entertainment. Be entertained.

31$forty2wo. Gamecube: Amazing Island.
Now, Amazing Island is... Well, it's... Hmm. Amazing Island is a game where you draw your own monsters and have them participate in repetitive minigames. The fun in this game is NOT in the minigames whatsoever. All you need to have fun playing this game is at least one sick mind and one open mind. Believe me, the concept of the game sounds stupid, but you just can't help but laugh when you see a giant penis with baseball bats for veins sporting the message "I WANT A HUG" down its back "punching" a robot like there's no tomorrow.

I can't believe I originally left Super Mario World off of this list. How stupid of me.
By the way, I love this thread. I just thought I'd say that. I'm also very proud of my post.

HELLO IM A TURTLS
join official zu chatroom if you're not dumb okay bye
http://www.twigathy.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi
if you miss me that badly then follow me on twitter
Last Edited by Asci; 03-30-2006 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 02:14 AM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langolier
(shortened for space) I think I'd put Total Annhilation on my list if I'd ever played it. I watched my friend play it for hours way back in the day though and it was indeed a cool game. I loved the soundtrack and the story was interesting. I had no idea the combat was that unique though. One of these days I'll have to find it somewhere. I do believe it is my friends favorite game of all time.
The soundtrack! My god, how could I forget that? That's one of the many great things about that game. First game I ever saw that had a full orchestra for its soundtrack. (Only other one I can think of is Halo, actually.) The idea of having battle music and standard music is cool as well, but it didn't always mesh properly... but that is of little consequence... the effect is still there. Minding my own business, building up a massive army for invasion, when suddenly there are multiple explosions shaking the screen! A loud fanfare starts up, and a battle begins! Oh, the glory.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Ocarina of Time
Well of course.

Majora's Mask
Not quite as good as OoT, but awesome nonetheless.

Knights Of The Old Republic
Great setting and gameplay, interesting characters, fun side quests. Took up large chunks of my time even though it ran very averagely on my computer.

Perfect Dark
Great fun, Combat mode adds hours of gameplay.

Diddy Kong Racing
Kids game? You might think so. But gameplay++

Age Of Empires 2
Love the custom map functionality. Still play it at LANs.

Age Of Empires 3
A decent advance on the series.

Sonic 3
Great times from way back.

Star Wars: Battlefront
Cool multiplayer fun.

Ratchet and Clank 3
Interesting gameplay. Maybe not in my 'top' 10, but I've only thought about this quickly.

I've probably missed a few, or aren't in the right mood to add some I would at other times. But of course, the perfect list cannot be made. This one is far from it.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 08:38 AM
You can't blow kisses through a gas mask.
View Posts: 176

This is in no particular order:

Sim City, the SNES version.

Majora's Mask, best Zelda game.

Super Bust-a-Move, I reaaaaally like it and I'm not sure why.

Xevious, Awesomely, awesomely hard.

Skies of Arcadia, a pretty unique RPG compared to others I've played.

Jet Set Radio, Best music, amazing counter culture reference fest. Awesome graphics.

Frequency, hyper unknown and hyper awesome rythem game.

Goldun Sun 1 and 2, first RPG's I really played, they got me hooked.

Original SNES Zelda, soooooo good in every way.

Finally, I don't know. It's hard to decide. I'm gonna' go with... *GASP* I almost forgot! I would never of forgave myself. ADVANCE WARS SERIES!!!! BEST GAMES EVER!!!!!

"Not in this country I ain't..."
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Goron
View Posts: 305

MY favorites ALWAYS change,but this is it right now:

1. The Legend Of Zelda:Majora's Mask

2. The Legend Of Zelda:A Link to the Past

3. Super Mario World

4. Devil May Cry 3

5. Driv3r

6. The Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time

7. The Legend Of Zelda:Wind Waker

8. Super Smash Bros. Melee

9. Tetris(the original on Game Boy)

10.Mario Kart:Double Dash!!

Formaley known as Linkfan 101
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2006, 09:23 PM
BACK SLASH!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainTMS
View Posts: 2,549

10) Paper Mario (One of my favorite RPGs)
9) Jak 2 (Great story/writing)
8) Lego Star Wars (I hate people who hate this game)
7) Jak 3 (Just...better than Jak 2)
6) Wind Waker (I know, I know. My friend just got it and he asked me questions about it all the time and I didn't want to let him down so I started playing it again and I got hooked on it)
5) Soul Caliber 2 (GCN) [Because of Link]
4) Super Smash Brothers Melee (awesome.)
3) Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door (Same with Jak 2 and Jak 3)
2) Soul Caliber III (Character Creation mode)
1) Ocarina of Time (To awesome to describe in words)
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Alexander
View Posts: 1,306

The one list, that beats them all:

10. Ocarina of Time(down here because of those damn fanboys)
9. The Wind Waker
8. Advanced Wars: DS
7. Mario Kart DS
6. The Minish Cap
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. A Link to the Past
3. Animal Crossing: Wild World
2. Majoura's Mask
1. Star Wars: Battlefront 2

We all know though that this is the best game in the world though *Drumroll please*:
Balloon Fight
Quote:
The list to beat the list that beats them all:
What a copy cat .
Last Edited by Alexander; 04-02-2006 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite, games, top, video