Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Liquid Midnite Liquid Midnite is a male Trinidad and Tobago Liquid Midnite is offline
ZU's Playboy
Send a message via AIM to Liquid Midnite
View Posts: 287
Kingdom Hearts 2 info and pics

info. from www.ign.com

September 26, 2003 - As we originally reported yesterday, Square Enix held a press conference this afternoon to officially announce two of its biggest games for 2004. The first, dubbed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, was unveiled exclusively for the Game Boy Advance; and despite what was assumed earlier, is a direct sequel to last year's big PS2 RPG (taking place immediately after the events of the first game). The game will feature Sora, Donald, and Goofy, and sport some of the most amazing CG movies ever created for the GBA. Expect it in 2004.

The second title, Kingdom Hearts II, is slated for the PlayStation 2 and takes place several years after the end of Chain of Memories. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are joined by a Jedi-cloaked Mickey Mouse as they continue their adventure into other worlds and battle the forces of an evil mummy-wrapped ruler. Whether or not Mickey will be a part of the battle team, however, remains to be seen -- as the footage we were shown was strictly taken from cut scenes without a hint of gameplay; Though it was revealed that Sora and other characters will see costume redesigns to solidify the game's more advanced timeline.

Square Enix dev-team members have already been credited as saying that Kingdom Hearts II will answer several of the other games' lingering mysteries and expand upon the identity of the mysterious figure seen in the special video ending from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. It will be co-published by Buena Vista Games and be released "sometime in 2004 and onward."

We honestly wish that we could show you the five minutes-plus worth of trailer footage that Square Enix presented along with its announcement, but cameras were barred from filming these segments. But fear not IGN faithful, we're expecting more on Kingdom Hearts II fairly shortly.

pics from www.ansemreport.com

KH2 pics

GBA KH pics
Last Edited by Liquid Midnite; 09-27-2003 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Soho hears the lies, the twisted cries, the lonely sighs

View Posts: 5,988
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 info and pics

aa... a red-cloaked enemy...

and videos!

and of course riku's back!

... man, i can't wait for the ansemreport pictures to come up...

/me wonders how the heck they got them...
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Soho hears the lies, the twisted cries, the lonely sighs

View Posts: 5,988

sorry, but i have to put these up...

can a mod merge these topics since i can't edit...?

Quote:
In addition, KH2 is set to take place several years after the New Kingdom Hearts GBA game: Chain of Memories which, despite rumors, takes place immediately after the events of the first game.
and a statue of sora in kh2...

http://ansemreport.com/images/rightsidestat.jpg

i knew he looked more mature than 15...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Liquid Midnite Liquid Midnite is a male Trinidad and Tobago Liquid Midnite is offline
ZU's Playboy

He has 2 keyblades now?.. maybe he IS duelwielder.... but andi.. wat videos are u talkin about?
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,130

I wonder if Nintendo has coerced Square Enix into putting KH2 onto GC? Or if putting FF:CC was out of KH:CoM and FF:TA? THey must be strikign a deal and i can't see which way it would go, but how awesome would it be to have KH 2 on GC?

WHo knows, does anyone know where a transcript can be found, because i wouldn't be suprised if IGN was assuming it was only for PS2
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Now With Less Activity Action
View Posts: 1,283

The thing is that the GBA is the ONLY major (and really popular) portable platform available. It does not matter that it is a part of Nintendo, they just want an awesome portable game.

Hope you are right though...I WISH I HAD A PS2 JUST FOR THAT GAME!!!

We are Faroreans. We are Courage!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Guardian Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishSamurai
The thing is that the GBA is the ONLY major (and really popular) portable platform available. It does not matter that it is a part of Nintendo, they just want an awesome portable game.

Hope you are right though...I WISH I HAD A PS2 JUST FOR THAT GAME!!!
They can't make games for a Nintendo doesn't allowe them to, and the only way Nintendo is letting them make GBA games is my telling them they have to make GC games. I don't know the ratio of GBA to GC games though or if it is even on an everygame basis. THink Tengen, they weren't allowed to publish games for a Nintedno console without Nintendo letting them.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 12:34 AM
[See above]
Send a message via AIM to Gunoung
View Posts: 1,676

Well, I hope they put some onto GC, seeing as how it is really the only platform I have, cept n64. /Hopes.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Mercutio
View Posts: 2,764

You see, Sony actually owns quite alot of Square. And Kingdom Hearts is a Sony-Exclusive series, Chain of Memories is an off shoot game, which is most likely being developed by a different team. I severely doubt Kingdom Hearts 2 will be appearing on the GameCube. Looks promising, I love the original so I can't wait for the sequel... Final Mix left me hanging for more. I'll be importing as soon as it's released, might just get my cousin to put in a pre-order for me...
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 01:39 AM
I have no idea.
View Posts: 4,183

This is an occassion deserving of an uber-drool.
Sora looks so completely awesome!! I hadnt heard of Chain of Memories before now. More good news! The graphics look improved as well.
I adored the first one so much, I hope 2 comes stateside not too long after the Japanese release. But by then, I may know the language............we'll have to wait n' see if Im accepted to the class or not. (its at a university)
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:30 AM
Waiting for the day.
Send a message via AIM to Doctor OKO
View Posts: 3,178

What was final MIx. It looked amazing but i couldn't get it the the UK!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:37 AM
Sage of Wisdom

Final Mix was a remixed version of the game, originally the game was released in Japan and then in Western Territories. When it was localized for western territories various things where added, bosses (Sephiroth, Phantom etc.) where the main loss in the Japanese version. Final Mix was the rerelease and it included the bosses missed, new keyblades, new abilities, new scenes (A Sephiroth/Cloud duel, Rikku being greeted by Maleficant, Rikku's heart lost in Kingdom Hearts, One of the unknown's first appearances) as well as a fight against the aforementioned unknown character, the secret movie Deep Dive (Different to Another Side/Another Story) which unveiled the dual keyblade unknown (With Oathkeeper and Oblivion as well as a Kingdom Key), the blindfolded unknown, glowing eyed unknown and Mickey. There seem to be at least 4 keyblades according to that movie.

The game also included Gummi Ship missions to keep travelling between worlds more exciting. It was also released in a platinum box set with tonnes of extras, which I got my cousin to by me. =P Definately awesome.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Waiting for the day.

Damnit!
Why wasn't i born American why why?
Oh well i suppose we get KH 2 at least. It's like The UK dont count in the gaming industry..
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:47 AM
Sage of Wisdom

America didn't get Final Mix, either. Only Japan received the Remix (Much like FFX: International - though Europe received this, and it seems there'll be a repeat performance with FFX-2: International.) UK gets alot of things over the US, like the aforementioned FFX: International, possibly FFX-2: International. You could import the game, I've seen various translation guides for it online.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:50 AM
Waiting for the day.

Yer spose so and microsoft word can translate too..*Ponders abotu forking out 70 for an import*
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Previously lord-of-shadow
Send a message via AIM to Max Nichols
View Posts: 8,088

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercutio
You see, Sony actually owns quite alot of Square. And Kingdom Hearts is a Sony-Exclusive series, Chain of Memories is an off shoot game, which is most likely being developed by a different team. I severely doubt Kingdom Hearts 2 will be appearing on the GameCube. Looks promising, I love the original so I can't wait for the sequel... Final Mix left me hanging for more. I'll be importing as soon as it's released, might just get my cousin to put in a pre-order for me...
Before the merger, Sony owned about 22% of Square... now, they only own 9% of SquareEnix.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 09:54 AM
ZU's Playboy

L-O-S always has the 411

but seriously... does neone know wat video andi was referrin to??
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Guardian Dragon

The video that there weren't alloed to be cameras around for, meaning that no one has it, meaning that those pictures are just about all of the available media until IGN procures it and forces you to be an insider to watch it.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Sage of Wisdom

And that 9% just happens to score them exclusivity to the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts main series (Offshoots like CC and TA don't count). Square has also mentioned that, much like the PS1, the PS2 suits their needs alot better than the other 2 consoles.

AnsemReport.com seems to think they'll have images from the video, even though camera's weren't allowed in the conference. We'll see soon enough.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 96

Yes! the pieces is falling on their places!
I think Blind is riku, and dual weilder is that blondy guy who has his back turned. Him we can't se his face!
It's most realistic... The hair fits...

And yes! I have wainted sooo long about information about KH2!

But one thing is bottering me. why is these two games on to different console. I don't want to buy a GBA... And I don't have money for it either...
:mad:
and one more thing: Why isn't riku at the poster Square-Enix gave out? And who is that blond guy? (That I think is dual weilder)

Tags
hearts, info, kingdom, pics