Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 AM
space travel is boring
View Posts: 2,073
Re: And So The Revolution Approaches...

That would be awkward, hmmmm, how about a rechargable battery that comes with a charger, or you just charge it from the console with a USB cable, hey they stole nintendo's ideas, why not Microsofts idea.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninboy
That would be awkward, hmmmm, how about a rechargable battery that comes with a charger, or you just charge it from the console with a USB cable, hey they stole nintendo's ideas, why not Microsofts idea.
You could have two so when your playing the game one could be in the controller and the other charging away. When your battery runs out you switch them around.....and again and so on etc, you get the idea.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 AM
space travel is boring
View Posts: 2,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyko
You could have two so when your playing the game one could be in the controller and the other charging away. When your battery runs out you switch them around.....and again and so on etc, you get the idea.
Yup :3, lets just see how much 1 controller costs?

Slaying Ganon with a remote... Priceless...
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 432

Well, this is my idea, I had posted it on future Zelda games but it best explains how the next zelda will probably be controlled: "I can't help but imagine swinging and thrusting your sword at enemies in Zelda. If you want to switch weapons, you can go to the menu screen and set them to different directions on the D-pad (remember how on the Nintendo 64 they used the C-buttons for this?) so the quick weapons thing won't change.

You will no longer need shoulder buttons because aiming will be simple (just aim with the remote and shoot your arrow with the Z-like trigger on the back, I'm glad they brought that back!!!)

Movement of Link will be controlled by the analog stick (so that doesn't change). And the big A button will be the action buttom to push items."

Doesn't it seem a little more "revolutionary" now? Also, imagine first person shooters! Man! They'll be awesome! It'll be like the light zapper gun on the NES, where you'll just point and shoot. The damn shoulder buttons won't be needed to aim. Movement of the character will be controlled by the analog and you'll wave the remote to move your gun around.

Translation: "Not to us, O Lord, but to Thy Name give glory!"

Oath of the Knights templar. Who were the Knights' templar? In laymen's terms, some bad-a$$ warrior monks who protected pilgrims on their way to the Holy land.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Forever breaking the fourth wall
View Posts: 1,685

Well...there it is. I'm damn well impressed! However, from the looks of things the controller won't exactly be up to scratch for every genre on games, but I can't wait to get my hands on the thing and try out all the Nintendo classics.
Nintendo delivered what they promised.

Thanks to Kynnella for the sig.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:38 AM
The incidental artist!
Send a message via AIM to Iroas Send a message via Skype™ to Iroas
View Posts: 3,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa
The video makes exciting implications, but shows nothing as far as control itself goes. It's still too early to judge how well it will handle.

As for the port at the bottom, that's for peripherals like the analog/dual Z-trigger controller to plug into. The back of the controller clearly shows a lock-in opening similar to those where batteries are commonly stored.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/6...g_3073869.html
well, it actually does show control.. how could you say it doesn't?

and about the remote control... compare it to your cellphone, see any similarity's?

I'm very sure the batteries are rechargeble like a cellphone .. and if I remember correctly the port is used for that, the only negative part about it is that it's connected to the rev (I think) for recharge and you can't play.... I'm not really sure where I heard this, but if I'm not mistaken it was officialy anounced
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 AM
I am the right hand of destruction
View Posts: 652

All i know is that this new style of controller better be good. Im a bit upset with it so far. I just cant see myself with it im my hands using it like anyother controller. But who knows it might be the best thing yet. I hope.

Thanks for the sig and avy V99
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
I have no idea.
View Posts: 4,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroas
well, it actually does show control.. how could you say it doesn't?
On the screen, not what the person is doing. And even so, watching someone else doesn't tell me how it feels. I was referring more to how natural it would play in my own hands, not what it looks like to watch someone else play it. Something impossible for a video to show.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Elihwa sekat gnidaol... tiaw
View Posts: 416

Well, as far as wireless controllers and batteries go...I'm guessing it'll be similar to how a Wavebird is. Now, I don't own one, so if anyone who does is about...how are those things on batteries? If your battery goes dead in the middle of a boss battle and such, it wouldn't be too much different from if your Wavebird did. You'll just have to be careful about the power level.

| LJ | Fanfics | dA |
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 AM

I have a Wavebird and the battery life is actually pretty good. The only time it went while I was in the middle of a game was when I was racing in Double Dash. If the Rev's controller has the same battery life as a Wavebird then there should be no problems.

#91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is a male United States Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is offline
♥♥♥♥ My Life
Send a message via AIM to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Send a message via Yahoo to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
View Posts: 1,382

I honestly, hate the revo controller> it's like, turning it into pc type gaming, but a more point and shoot style. Fine for shooters, terrible for anything else in my opinion.

Now, the fact that gamcube controllers can be plugged in is good news in that convetional gaming game be achieved still, but honestly, the new controller looks horrible. I am really scared for the future of gaming,
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:38 AM

If it is like a wavebird then everyone should have no problem. Because when i use my wavebird i can tell when the battery is getting ready to expire because i start to loose some control in the game. Becasue the controller becomes less sensitive. In fact i cant think of a time when my controller just up and died in the middle of a game, because i change the battery when i see that the controller becomes less sensitive.

#93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

I think this is indeed a very bold step for Nintendo. I personally believe that this is awesome, and that this is indeed a great idea. I heard someone saying earlier that this could have been an add on to the Gamecube. I'd just like to ask where all the money in that is.

Well, this could be very good, or really bad. I and a lot of my friends have simply abandoned the idea of buying the X-Box 360 and PS3 [we never really like any of the three consoles at first]. So see, this could be really good, and turn a lot of people away from Sony and Microsoft in this console war. Or this could be bad, and scare a lot of casual gamers. A lot of people may be intimidated with problems such as "What if the battery dies?" "What if my arm gets tired?" "What if the sensor doesn't work?" "What about the graphics?" "That's to complicated for a FPS."
But then again, bold's nothing new for nintendo it seems.

And I'd just like to ask you guys, for those of you still living with your parents [don't be embarrassed, I live with mom and dad too.], do they seem excited about this? I mean the whole thing Nintendo was talking about is making a console all ages would be attracted to. Does this really interest all ages? Oddly enough my mom and dad seem pretty excited. Usually my parents just say "Great, another system to buy.", but this time they actually look forward to buying it. It's quite odd.

Any of you think this could very well be a turn on for all ages?
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
...Now, the fact that gamcube controllers can be plugged in is good news...
Is that really a fact? Do you have any links for that? If that's the case, then I see no problems, since you can have all the new possibilities of the Revolution controller and use an old controller to play the older games or games developed for traditional consoles.

Regarding the batteries issue, I'm not sure why people are still talking about it. Wireless controllers already exist and don't have problems like that. Besides, PS3 will also have wireless controllers, so this (non-)issue is not Nintendo/Revolution specific.
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 AM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,465

Man, I hate the Revolution Controler. It looks like a remote control for a DVD player. How in the hell I can play any games with a remote control? Seriously, I was wishing that Nintendo did something "Revolutionly" with their controller, not giving their fans a remote to play with. It's a good thing that Nintendo is going to allow gamers to use their Gamecube controller with the Nintendo Revolution, because if the new controller don't work for me, I sticking with the GC controller. I am going to have my final judgement once the Revloution comes out.

The affluenza made me do it
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Zora Warrior

I want to see a link proving the gamecube controller can be plugged in, just to be sure its not just a rumour.

Does anyone have a link...?

300th Post.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyko
I want to see a link proving the gamecube controller can be plugged in, just to be sure its not just a rumour.

Does anyone have a link...?

300th Post.
Check out the pic at the bottom of this post.

Guys...a lot of you are saying that you'll want to use the Cube controller as an alternative. Do you not realize that that destroys the whole damn point. Most complaints are about the fact that it looks like a remote. In all fairness, its function is innovative. As they said, Nintendo has made something that opens up a new way to play games.

#98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Dead
Check out the pic at the bottom of this post.

Guys...a lot of you are saying that you'll want to use the Cube controller as an alternative. Do you not realize that that destroys the whole damn point. Most complaints are about the fact that it looks like a remote. In all fairness, its function is innovative. As they said, Nintendo has made something that opens up a new way to play games.
Because the new romote style looks like it is going to suck big time. It seems like it will be hard to get used to and take control of. That is why everyone wants the Gamecube controller to be able to hook up to the Revolution.

#99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Zora Warrior

Yeah but its backward compatible to the Gamecube and you can download old games. Yes it would be a good idea for this new controller to be used for diffrent tpyes of games like FPS and say fisihng games, there are plenty of casual gamers who might want to use the normal controller.
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokussj1420
Because the new romote style looks like it is going to suck big time. It seems like it will be hard to get used to and take control of. That is why everyone wants the Gamecube controller to be able to hook up to the Revolution.
Be optimistic here! Do you not realize the possibilities that it opens up. You could interact with a game like never before. The most popular example being able to actually swing a sword, but think in a broader scale of how the new controller will allow a brand new way to play and expirience games. Check this out- http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html

Tags
approaches, revolution