Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Maybe our stars are unanimously tired
Send a message via AIM to Magna
View Posts: 566
Xbox Live Problems

I'm having a problem setting up Xbox Live. For starters, I've got a wireless connection to my computer for the Internet, and the wireless adapter is USB. When I plug the Ethernet cable into the back of my Xbox and into the comp, it still says, "Could not connect, check cables, bla bla bla". I'd like to know how to get a connection for Xbox Live, but I've got computer experience what-so-ever. Any ideas?

Anybody? Come on, I'd really like some help here...

created by <ans>.
Last Edited by Fenrir; 08-24-2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,130
Re: Xbox Live Problems

Odds are the way you are routing it through the computer simply is not proper to allow a connection to the XBox. I've personally never set anything up that way, but i do have a sugestion.

Assuming you are running XP, go into your control panel (classic view) and run the Network Setup Wizard. Select the first of the 3 options detailing how the computer connects to the internet(this one seems right for your situation). On teh next set you should see your USB router as the connection to the internet for your computer. If not, then select it. On the next step select your Ethernet port. Then yes it to death until it sets up your network.

That should work, if not, Microsoft likes screweing with people. Iff all else fail, run an ethernet cable to your router from the X box, or get another wireless adapter

Tags
live, problems, xbox