Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via Yahoo to Torn & Filthy
View Posts: 451
Why does Bowser hate peach?

Okay I've played as many mario games as possible but could never figure this out why does Bowser hate Peach?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
great job
Send a message via Skype™ to Hazel
Steam ID: Corprime 3DS ID: 3282-3979-3742
View Posts: 4,520
Re: Why does Bowser hate peach?

Hate?

Bowser, is, in fact, IN LOVE with Peach.

You even figure that out in Paper Mario.

Bowser always wishes that Peach would like him. And that he could wipe Mario out. He steals the Star Rod for those reasons.

Bowser kidnaps Peach so he could convince her to love him. He hates Mario because he always gets in the way.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
If you're out here why do I miss you so much
Send a message via AIM to lefty Send a message via Skype™ to lefty
Steam ID: lftenjamin
View Posts: 6,265

Don't you think its obvious. Bowser is just another villain, wanting to take over the world (in this case mushroom land) to do it, he must marry peach, then kill her, or destroy all mushroom land, and make it a wasteland of koopas.

He hates peach, cause she has what he wants, and he doesn't no how to get it, cause evrytime he tries, it ends up in dust cause of Mario. Every time he fails, he hates Peach, and the inhabitants of mushroom land even more. DUH

or believe Neglected, that works too I guess.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

Neglected and lf9 got it pretty close to the mark. There could be another reason, though. She's a princess. He's an evil freakish king with a crapload of evil henchmen. It's the law that he HAS to kidnap her.

Oh, and play Paper Mario 2. That fits in with what Neglected was saying.

Days since last signature update: 0
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:13 AM
great job

The first also states this. Here's a semi-direct quote from the first game. I'm too lazy to get it out and play through the first five stars, so I'll improvise.

"Bowser always wished "I wish I could trounce Mario" or "I wish Princess Peach would like me." However, we never grant such greedy wishes, so bowser stormed the Star Sanctuary and stole the Star Rod so all of his wishes could come true."

Like I said, it might not be an exact quote, but I'm not ready to spend hours getting to the Shy Guy's Toy Box or wherever to dig up the real thing.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:44 AM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,255

And all of these years I always thought Bowser kidnapped the Princess to lure Mario in as bait to finally destroy him. I've only fallowed up with the NES, SNES, GB, GBC, and N64 Mario games. Anything else, I'm at a loss of information. Here's a newbie-ish Mario question. How many different Princesses (good guys, not bad) have their been in the Mario games? I know of two: Daisy & Peach Toadstool. Daisy was in Donkey Kong and Super Mario Land, and Peach was in pretty much all the rest...I think.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:51 AM
great job

Well, that too. Like I said, Mario just gets in his way. If Mario's out of the picture, Bowser would be unstoppable and would be able to do whatever sick things he wanted to do to Peach.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

There is a third princess, but she isn't really important to any of the games. More-so, she was just a mention in Paper Mario 2 with Luigi's Adventure- Princess L'Eclair of Waffle Kingdom. Although really the only two Princesses that have anything to do with the games is Peach and Daisy.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_link93
There is a third princess, but she isn't really important to any of the games. More-so, she was just a mention in Paper Mario 2 with Luigi's Adventure- Princess L'Eclair of Waffle Kingdom. Although really the only two Princesses that have anything to do with the games is Peach and Daisy.
Yeah, but you only get a couple mentions, and only if you speak to Luigi.

Now, off-topic time:

do you think they should make a game where you actually go through that adventure? I've always wanted to play a game where the hero plays the grass in a play.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
peaceandturtles
View Posts: 812

I don't think there's anything complicated to Bowser always kidnapping Peach. I believe it's only because he loves her, and maybe once or twice so he could get Mario outta the picture by using Peach as bait. (Although it's mainly love, Bowser even teams up with Mario to save Peach in the Mario RPG for SNES).

As for the Princesses, I think only Peach is. But that's my opinion, I can't picture Daisy as a real princess, only the Princess's sister. And I do not believe there are any others rather than Peach... Eclair shouldn't count cause she's not actually in a game where you play someone trying to save her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Neglected
do you think they should make a game where you actually go through that adventure? I've always wanted to play a game where the hero plays the grass in a play.
Yes. I agree whole-heartedly. I thought that was great; grass... Poor Luigi, lol.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:16 PM
great job

Actually, Bowser teams up with Mario and Luigi in Superstar Saga to "rescue Peach's voice" also. For about ten seconds, then the cruiser is destroyed, is ordered around by Popple, lands in Stardust Fields after being thrown from the psychotic Beanstar, and is finally taken over by Cacklette to become... BOWLETTA!!!!!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:21 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

Quote:
I've always wanted to play a game where the hero plays the grass in a play.
This is the first time I've ever heard of that expression....does it mean "I've always wanted to play a game where the hero isn't the main character"? Well if that's what it means, I have good news. IGN made an article about nine months ago about a game called "Super Princess Peach DS" and this time, it is Mario who get's kidnapped (as weird as this is going to sound but, finally they've made a game like this. I don't mind a "Princess in distress", but come on, they should have a new story by now). Click on the link above to read a little more about it.

-BGS

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Razorblade Salvation.
Send a message via AIM to The Four Sword
View Posts: 2,334

In reference to BGS's latter post:Thats very strange...IMO it seems better to have the Hero the main character. Of course there should be some kind of twists or a original crisis unlike the ''Damsel in Distress'' gimmick. Who knows, it might be a worty experience...although I don't really approve of those kinds of things...

-TFS
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoronSword
This is the first time I've ever heard of that expression....does it mean "I've always wanted to play a game where the hero isn't the main character"? Well if that's what it means, I have good news. IGN made an article about nine months ago about a game called "Super Princess Peach DS" and this time, it is Mario who get's kidnapped (as weird as this is going to sound but, finally they've made a game like this. I don't mind a "Princess in distress", but come on, they should have a new story by now). Click on the link above to read a little more about it.

-BGS
Well, yes and no. Yes, because The hero of the game series overall isn't the main hero of that specific game. No, because I mean the hero of that game plays the role of grass in the show. And I can't imagine Mario getting kidnapped and Peach saving him. If they do that, they should do the same with a Zelda game. It will give Zelda a reason to wield that sword.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 01:12 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656

Quote:
And all of these years I always thought Bowser kidnapped the Princess to lure Mario in as bait to finally destroy him. I've only fallowed up with the NES, SNES, GB, GBC, and N64 Mario games. Anything else, I'm at a loss of information. Here's a newbie-ish Mario question. How many different Princesses (good guys, not bad) have their been in the Mario games? I know of two: Daisy & Peach Toadstool. Daisy was in Donkey Kong and Super Mario Land, and Peach was in pretty much all the rest...I think.

-BGS
There is Princess toadstoll. Oh and yes Bowser is in love with princess peach.

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Razorblade Salvation.
Send a message via AIM to The Four Sword
View Posts: 2,334

Uh...Princess Toadstool is Princess Peach.

-TFS
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

Quote:
Daisy was in Donkey Kong
-BGS
No she wasn't. Daisy wasn't in Donkey Kong, and the girl in Donkey Kong wasn't a princess. She was called Pauline, and she was Mario's girlfriend

Days since last signature update: 0
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek
No she wasn't. Daisy wasn't in Donkey Kong, and the girl in Donkey Kong wasn't a princess. She was called Pauline, and she was Mario's girlfriend
Ah thank you for that correction. So we have three damsels in distress: Pauline(Donkey Kong), Princess Daisy (Super Mario Land), and Princess Peach Toadstool (all the other games).

Quote:
Well, yes and no. Yes, because The hero of the game series overall isn't the main hero of that specific game. No, because I mean the hero of that game plays the role of grass in the show. And I can't imagine Mario getting kidnapped and Peach saving him. If they do that, they should do the same with a Zelda game. It will give Zelda a reason to wield that sword.
Well we still don't know why Princess Zelda is weilding that sword (maybe she'll be considered a "warrior princess", meaning instead of being on the thrown all day and acting "lady-like", she will be fighting...or at least defending herself from Ganon's minions in the castle....ok now we've gone completely off topic, this is suppose to be about Bowser/Mario/Mushroom Kingdom, not about Zelda), but there was a CD-i game that did consist of Zelda being the main playable character (but that's not considered an official game of Nintendo...).

Ok, enough off topic discussion, and let's get back to Bowser...

-BGS

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

Out of interest, how come Princess Daisy is held captive by the alien, Tatanga?
After rescuing her, what happens to her, and why does Mario end up with Princes Peach?
That's always confused me lol!
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
black earth rising
View Posts: 419

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever heard of that expression....does it mean "I've always wanted to play a game where the hero isn't the main character"?
-BGS
Uh, it's not an expression.. in Paper Mario 2, Luigi tells Mario that he had to play the part of a clump of grass in a theatre before.

Tags
bowser, hate, peach