Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
space travel is boring
View Posts: 2,074
Nintendo left out again...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...s_6129441.html

Ok this makes me real sad, if Nintendo let this happen to themselves again they might suffer the fate of Sega!

They need to do something big or come out with an earlier release, if they think that thier Virtual Console will save them they need to think again, new gamers will not want to play old Nes and Snes games!

Plus they are seriously going to get left behind if they are using standard DVD unlike thier rivals Xbox, who are using HD DVD and Sony, who are using Blu-ray.

But it is also predicted in the article that Sony and Xbox will be loosing money on each of thier consoles.

And another thing i do not want Nintendo making games for Xbox and Sony like Sega are doing!

Please Nintendo do something drastic or suffer the same fate as Sega!

You all know where i am going with this!

What do you all think about this?
Last Edited by Ninboy; 07-24-2005 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
black earth rising
View Posts: 420
Re: Nintendo left out again...

We'll see who's ready to pay over five hundred dollars to get a Playstation 3 and one game when it comes out.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

Exactly. You people are all forgetting that not everyone has money flying out their ass. Microsoft and Sony may have a bit more powereful machines, but they're also charging hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Based on Nintendo's past, I think it's safe to say the new Revo shall be cheaper then the 360 and the PS3. Of course, there will be those with the money to buy Sony's and Microsoft's system, but the majority of gamers won't have enough. Some will just screw it and settle for the Nintendo, and others will save up for the 360 and PS3.

Personally, I believe patience is a virtue. I can 'strategise' that Miyamoto will make a new system and sell it only to white blonde females and no one else, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Let's just buckle up and wait for the release of the systems. Then strategise your freakin' pants off.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,252

^ Exactly *meant to be at milk but...*. PS3 is gonna do good, but that's why DS is dominating PSP in sales, no one wants to blow all that money on a game system. DS is a reasonable price.

Revo's gonna actually be affordable, PS3 and 360 are gonna have insane prices.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,270

I have seen people choose the PS2 over the GC even when the GC was less expensive. And they choose the PS2 because they think it's cooler and more mature, which is retarded. I think Nintendo needs to try to get a wider audience so people will actually buy there products.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I have no idea.
View Posts: 4,183

Aside from price concerns, one also has to note that this is merely a prediciton. "Assertions" backed by "projected numbers" aren't enough to convince me of anything.

I honestly doubt that Nintendo will take in only 9% of the total next-gen console sales between now and 2012 or that the Xbox will dominate the competition. Given that the current standings put Sony up front and Microsoft in dead last, I really don't see that happening.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
FF freak
View Posts: 186

I recently bought a PS2, so now I'm broke. My parents will probably buy the Nintendo Revolution for me, though. Man, how am I ever going to afford a PS3? My parents will NEVER buy that for me.
TMC-FS-Adult OoT-TWW-PH-FSA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL-OoA/OoS
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Light Spirit

View Posts: 4,727

you can't believe what they are really saying, We don't exactly know everything about the Rev. Think about it, We have not seen the Controller, Have not seen the specs, and we don't know what amazing games might be coming to the console.

So I'm not going to believe any of those just yet... Untill we know everything about all three consoles. But anyway it won't really care because all us hardcore diehard Zelda fans will buy a Rev....
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk
We'll see who's ready to pay over five hundred dollars to get a Playstation 3 and one game when it comes out.
You can tell yourself that to make you feel better about Nintendo position, but inside, you know it won't cost that much. Because, you see, unlike Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are willing to take losses on hardware in order to increase their market share. Nintendo's market share is going nowhere but down, and if it continues, so will their profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirren
^ Exactly *meant to be at milk but...*. PS3 is gonna do good, but that's why DS is dominating PSP in sales, no one wants to blow all that money on a game system. DS is a reasonable price.
And Mirren, DS isn't "dominating" PSP in sales. First of all, it came out 6 months in advance and should be expected to do well. But, that aside, we've only been seeing the Japanese sales charts. In the one US sales chart that I've seen recently, DS was getting pounded by PSP. In fact, it was getting pounded by GBA as well. Even in Japan, "dominating" is a stretch. DS is winning, but the tide could still turn.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,083

I don't think I can offer my hopes to Nintendo as of yet, but I don't think they will be knocked out of the console wars the next generation. If anything, their direction is rather not in accordance to most people's tastes but they'll either luck out or actually develop some genuinely good games(hopefully classics at a bigger quantity). If anything, I don't think anybody can take the Nintendo seriously and obviously, it will an easy target for the market to butcher the name. But we can only see what happens. I'm just hoping for a little rebound to get Nintendo back in touch with people's liking or at least steer them back to the right direction. Or at least pull out an ace under their sleeves.

Yes, they're definitely plotting something. They better be.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
black earth rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek 84
You can tell yourself that to make you feel better about Nintendo position, but inside, you know it won't cost that much. Because, you see, unlike Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are willing to take losses on hardware in order to increase their market share. Nintendo's market share is going nowhere but down, and if it continues, so will their profits.
Playstation 3 will cost about 460 bucks. Games, probably around 50 again.

460 + 50 = Over five hundred dollars, like I said.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,270

Quote:
Playstation 3 will cost about 460 bucks. Games, probably around 50 again.

460 + 50 = Over five hundred dollars, like I said.
Sorry to tell you but the games are going to get higher than 50 bucks, maybe 70 dollars per game.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 PM
black earth rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ganon
Sorry to tell you but the games are going to get higher than 50 bucks, maybe 70 dollars per game.
Even better.. for Nintendo, I guess. Looks like we're back to the SNES game prices now.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 PM
It's certainly does look like a fish...
View Posts: 281
You guys love making up numbers

First of all....I highly doubt X360 or PS3 will be 500...heck, M$ already stated it will be around $300 dollars (probably a lil more) but not at 400....for Sony to compete against them...they can NOT be much higher...PSP had a reason to be pricier than DS...much more xpensive tech and better processors...play PSP ridge racers, and DS ridge racers...the PSP makes DS look OLD already (im not a sony fanboy, just a realist), and then XBOX360 is only going to use DVDs, not HD-DVD...Revolution though is going to be stunted in terms of Resolution capabilities...big time...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 11:53 PM
black earth rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronaroth
First of all....I highly doubt X360 or PS3 will be 500...heck, M$ already stated it will be around $300 dollars (probably a lil more) but not at 400....for Sony to compete against them...they can NOT be much higher...PSP had a reason to be pricier than DS...much more xpensive tech and better processors...play PSP ridge racers, and DS ridge racers...the PSP makes DS look OLD already (im not a sony fanboy, just a realist), and then XBOX360 is only going to use DVDs, not HD-DVD...Revolution though is going to be stunted in terms of Resolution capabilities...big time...
Sony announced the price of the PS3.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Captain Eaglefort Captain Eaglefort is a male United States Captain Eaglefort is offline
Master of All I Survey
Send a message via AIM to Captain Eaglefort
View Posts: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by an article in Game Informer
Nintendo has proven over and over again that it likes to go it's own way when it comes to how the company does buisness. Whether it's backwards compatability or high-definition gaming, the upcoming Revolution system is no different.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently shot down the rumor that downloads of old Nintendo games would be free. However, he did not detail an alternative price structure. Currently, Nintendo is in negotiations for the rights to old third party titles for the Revolution. Iwata has also hinted that downloaded classic titles may recieve a graphical facelift. Meanwhile, standard online play of first-party Nintendo games (current, not classic titles) will be free, but third-party ones may charge a fee. Nintendo also says it will offer a wireless USB network adapter that can hooked up to your PC as an access point for your Revolution an Nintendo DS.

Despite the Revolution's enticing offering of classic games, the recent news that it will not support high definition resolution has some gamers disappointed that the is at stark odds with both Microsoft and Sony's demand that games mandatorily utalize HD. Nintendo believes that the console's games will still look great without HD, and says it doesn't want to incur greater costs for either developers or consumers. Does this mean that Nintendo will pass on the savings on to the custumer at a time when next-gen games are expected to hit $60?

Recently, reported specs leaked online claimimg that the Revolution was powered by two 1.8GHz IBM PowerPC G5 processors, a 600 MHz ATI graphics chip, and a 7.1 digital sound chipset. The platform will appearently have 128 MB of main memory and 256 MB of embedded DRAM.

Whether these are true or not, Nintendo is still working on the system, with Shigeru Miyamoto stating that the Revolution's contoller is the unknown ace-in-the-hole. Early on, it was believed to be a large touchscreen with configerable virtual controls, while recent rumors say the system's controler will be gyroscope based.

Already confirmed titles for the Revolution include games from the Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario,and Super Smash Bros. series. Square Enix has also committed its Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.
Nintendo dances to the beat of its own drum. Relax everyone, it'll all work out for the best.

Change it again... I dare you. It only gets worse from here.

"You know what they say -- home is where you hang your enemy's head." ~Gogron gro-Bolmog from Oblivion.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Goron
View Posts: 286

I dont think thats it's fair to compare or predict about the Rev, the specs havent even been revealed. What jerks...I dont trust anaylysts(sp) my guess is that most of them are biased.

Quote:
I have seen people choose the PS2 over the GC even when the GC was less expensive. And they choose the PS2 because they think it's cooler and more mature, which is retarded. I think Nintendo needs to try to get a wider audience so people will actually buy there products.
I think that have been trying to do that, they have been getting more M rated games lately...and Geist which surpirisingly is M rated is being published by Nintendo...they are just making sure not to let people just flood crap games like Leisure Suit Larry on there system. They are getting more mature games without hoping onto the bandwagon...
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:48 AM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,252

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik84
And Mirren, DS isn't "dominating" PSP in sales. First of all, it came out 6 months in advance and should be expected to do well. But, that aside, we've only been seeing the Japanese sales charts. In the one US sales chart that I've seen recently, DS was getting pounded by PSP. In fact, it was getting pounded by GBA as well. Even in Japan, "dominating" is a stretch. DS is winning, but the tide could still turn.
And when I saw a US sales chart, it was doing extremley well, better than PSP.

Timing doesn't completely make it have an advantage over PSP. They're not big time, head-liner systems like PS3, Revo and 360 are, they're new handheld games, nothing huge. Even if PSP came out first, it wouldn't have been doing better than DS, because no one is racing to buy the handheld game that comes out first. DS is doing good because it's innovative, unique, original, and reasonably priced. What's the point of buying PSP when it's just another regular handheld game system with good graphics? No one wants to spend 500 bucks to get all the upgrade for small-screened handheld video game system. It's simply not worth it when all people don't have money in their asses.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2005, 01:03 AM
View Posts: 101

^^^ The psp is $250, not $500 and the screen is a lot bigger than the ds.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

We're talking about the Revolution, PS3 and X-Box 360 sales, not the PSP sales. Please take that to a different thread. Like the Sony PSP and DS thread.

But yeah, as I already said, price will help the Revo. And as many others have said, the Revo is still a mystery to many people. All we know is it's a sleek black box that has backwards compatibilty and old old games you can buy. Nothing about games, graphics, innovative features, controllers, anything. So let's just wait.

Tags
left, nintendo