Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082
Re: Smash Bros. Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt
Some characters I would like to see would be:
Ivan(Golden Sun) He could use all of his different types of wind techniques
Ganon:Mabey a copy of bowser?
Cell shaded Link:you could charge his spin attacks and use different types of arrows or mabey the deku leaf
Skull kid:he could shrink players for a set period of time or get tatl or tael to attack and destract the opponents
Pent(Fire Emblem)He could be like a copy of Zelda with all of her different spells
Thats all I can think of for right now.
Erm, Pent? Nino really has nothing on him. But sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdecimal
Why is the word 'gay' used as an insult? It's could offend any one on the ZU forums if they were of that inclination...
I'd ignore it. A huge chunk of the teen population utilize that word for many things, usually not directed with the real meaning. But let's not get off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnapp
id like to see some DBZ caricters and dont forget naruto^_^
Realize the boundaries set upon the word "Nintendo"
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Monster from your nightmares
View Posts: 510

Hmm... I know what I would like to see, GIGA BOWSER MAKING A COMEBACK! Who doesn't love that guy? Well... not in that way...

Petey Piranha would be a cool addition, not to mention Wario and Ms. Mowz. Oh, and what about Bowletta?

Besides that, I'd enjoy seeing Manyula (a new Pokemon), Kalas, Giacamo, Folon and Malpercio (and possibly Mizuti) from Baten Kaitos, Princess Eirikai and Prince Ephraim (from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), King K. Rool, a Kremling, possibly Koopa Troopa, Krystal, Glover, Smash Guy (a random bloke I just made up), Kid Icarus, Anyone from Advance Wars, Groudon (another Pokemon) and possibly someone else, but I forget who
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Ephy and Eirika? Hm. Good choices but Eirika seems like a generic swordsman-type. I'd rather see the old Fire Emblem characters annyhow. Kid Icarus was cool, but I doubt they'll revive him even if he got a trophy.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Goron
View Posts: 206

I want SSB3 to have an enhanced adventure mode. When I mean enhanced I mean better! There could be bosses at each of the game-related stages and better variety of enemies to fight, even if they're not playable.

Signature made by insaney! Thanks!
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Yeah, new emphasis on the adventure mode wouldn't be bad. And considering the last few levels of Adventure Mode in SSBM weren't really that at all...
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

The Adventure mode would really have to be updated to make it more playable, instead of just fighting enemies like you would on Classic mode, or having to race to find your goal.

The trophies should return, but you should get new trophies created from saved games on your memory, which the GC incarnation did just a few times...
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM
High There
View Posts: 3,090

I hope trophies do return and play an ever bigger part then they did in SSBM. Trophies were extremely fun to collect (unlike many other things you need to collect in othe games). If there were even MORE trophies that would be insanely awesome. Imagine like 400-500 trophies, phew.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Sage of Wisdom

^ Hm. I don't know. The trophy thing might just want people to spend extra cash and such.

I'd like adventure mode to have more of a "puzzle" element to it, y' know, so to speak enchance the adventure.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlin'
I hope trophies do return and play an ever bigger part then they did in SSBM. Trophies were extremely fun to collect (unlike many other things you need to collect in othe games). If there were even MORE trophies that would be insanely awesome. Imagine like 400-500 trophies, phew.
I would happily play the new SSB if more trophies were involved, maybe making only certain characters and stages available, when a certain number of trophies have been collected, e.g,
Unlock Skull kid only after collecting All of Link's trophies, Zelda's trophies, and Majora's Mask, Four Giants, and the Moon trophies, a bitlike the way unlocking al the characters' unlocked all-star mode!
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Well, it gets more tedious than fun after a while. Especially the Home Run Contest trophies.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AydenGrannus]
I want SSB3 to have an enhanced adventure mode. When I mean enhanced I mean better! There could be bosses at each of the game-related stages and better variety of enemies to fight, even if they're not playable.
Nice idea with the bosses. I've never thought of that and it would work quite well.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnapp
id like to see some DBZ caricters and dont forget naruto^_^
Unfortunately, only Nintendo characters are in Super Smash Bros. So I highly doubt we will see DragonBall Z characters, Sonic or any other characters that aren't in Nintendo, or are in various systems, such as DragonBall Z.

Here is my List:

Characters that are on by Defaut (18):

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dee

Starfox Series
Falco
Fox

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong

Metroid Series
Samus

Pokemon Series
Pikachu

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Roy

Unlockable Characters (20):

Mario Series
8 bit Mario
8 bit Luigi
Toad
Wario

Zelda Series
8 bit Link
Fierce Diety Link
Ganon (Pig)
Majora's Mask
Shiek
Cel Shaded Link

Earthbound Series
Ness

Starfox Series
Slippy

F-Zero Series
Black Shadow

Donkey Kong Series
Diddy Kong

Pokemon Series
Blaziken
Mewtwo
Umbreon

Yoshi Series
Shy Guy

Kid Icarus Series
Kid Icarus

Fire Emblem Series
Nergal
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 04:10 AM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
View Posts: 4,842

I'd like the next to have a full sized adventure mode. You know something youm save and it takes plus n10 hours to beat... and you walk around buy items ( whennin battle items will still drop but buying them you have 'em to save yourself) money would be earned by winning battles.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:43 AM
rotaredom
View Posts: 11,955

Shiek, SSBM is far from perfection. Heck, I think it is overrated. It has a lot of unnecessary crap characters (Peach, Ice Climbers, Dr.Mario, Pichu) that no one really wants to play as. And even if someone does, what the heck is the difference between Dr.Mario and Mario?

I posted on page 3 if you want to know what characters and features I'd like in SSBR (Super Smash Brothers Revolution).

SSBR should be more deep. No, not talking about online play, I don't care about that. We need deeper moves, ways to play a mode that allows us to level up a character and get new gear and moves. And I beg for no trophies again.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 69

olimer(from pikmin)
grovle(the evolved vertion of treeko)
i dont know if megaman is from nintendo but i want him
sonic
shadow(sonic clone)
young link
mewtwo
wario
mew(oh my god plese bring mew in as a player)
goman
link on epona
skull kid(and a unlockable skull kid with majora's mask on)
zero (megamans friend)

and i think a good item like mega blaster or somethink that can kill a enamy in one hit but you can only use it onece per time you get it
Last Edited by link+zelda; 06-29-2005 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:51 AM
rotaredom
View Posts: 11,955

Oh yes, Megaman, I had forgotten about him. I really want to play as him. Would be nice if he could transform into other forms. You know, when he killed a boss he stole their abilities.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Zelda4ever
Shiek, SSBM is far from perfection. Heck, I think it is overrated. It has a lot of unnecessary crap characters (Peach, Ice Climbers, Dr.Mario, Pichu) that no one really wants to play as. And even if someone does, what the heck is the difference between Dr.Mario and Mario?

I posted on page 3 if you want to know what characters and features I'd like in SSBR (Super Smash Brothers Revolution).

SSBR should be more deep. No, not talking about online play, I don't care about that. We need deeper moves, ways to play a mode that allows us to level up a character and get new gear and moves. And I beg for no trophies again.
Well nothing is perfect, but my point is that due to it's genere (2D fighter) I think that this is a series that won't last long. There is only so much you can do before you can't move forward any further. Yes there will be minor enhancements and new levels, characters, and moves, but I think online will be the last major step for the franchise. And I think that for what Smash Bros sets out to do, it is pretty close to perfect.

Deeper moves? I think Smash Bros did have some decent moves, but the main appeal of the game is that anybody can play (I experienced this first hand with my friends) and you don't really have to memorize move lists or anything. The only thing I'd really like, as I indicated in my last post, is for them to power down Smash attacks, so that weak and intermediate attacks aren't rendered useless.

I agree that clones should be dropped or given original moves, but as long as the game remains balanced, I'm all for more characters. It adds variety, and some people I'd imagine are quite good with them. They can be seen as expert characters that are difficult to master.

You're not going to play the *free* online mode for the game? I can't wait!

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729

Pichu and Dr. Mario bad fair enough. But peach was one of the characters I thought had some good depth with the differnt smash moves ect. And it took me a month to learn to use the ice climbers in a proper manner (its all about their ability to weild two items) and I thought they were a fine addition to the character roster.
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 09:54 AM
High There
View Posts: 3,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek 84
Well nothing is perfect, but my point is that due to it's genere (2D fighter) I think that this is a series that won't last long. There is only so much you can do before you can't move forward any further. Yes there will be minor enhancements and new levels, characters, and moves, but I think online will be the last major step for the franchise. And I think that for what Smash Bros sets out to do, it is pretty close to perfect.

Deeper moves? I think Smash Bros did have some decent moves, but the main appeal of the game is that anybody can play (I experienced this first hand with my friends) and you don't really have to memorize move lists or anything. The only thing I'd really like, as I indicated in my last post, is for them to power down Smash attacks, so that weak and intermediate attacks aren't rendered useless.

I agree that clones should be dropped or given original moves, but as long as the game remains balanced, I'm all for more characters. It adds variety, and some people I'd imagine are quite good with them. They can be seen as expert characters that are difficult to master.

You're not going to play the *free* online mode for the game? I can't wait!
I agree with almost everything you said. Especially the fact that the SSB series may be reaching the 'top of the mountain' when it comes to new, fresh gameplay.

Online play is what is going to make this game shine. Sure, I would love new characters, tons of trophies, a great adventure mode, but online play is going to take this game to it's limits. Imagine playing SSB with anyone, anytime. Imagine rankings; seeing how high you rank in the country (or maybe even in your state/area). A possible leveling up system might add some sort of new dimension to the game, but I'm not sure if it would work well with online.

This game is going to be huge. For this game to be as amazing and as influencial as the first two it is going to need new (original, uncloned) characters, adventure, trophies, and a solid online mode.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Dark_Link7
View Posts: 38

OK evryone (about) from melee, and zora/deku/goron link sonic and shadow (even though i know it wont happen owned by sega) and if they only added one character it should be ONI LINK i mean come on that would be the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
bros, revolution, smash