Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Lone Gunman
Send a message via AIM to Sir Chuc
View Posts: 2,816
Re: Symphonia

If Symphonia is indeed the distant prequel to Tales of Phantasia (SNES, PSX & GBA), then the tree's name is indeed Yggy.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Soul Child
View Posts: 144

Let me say that this GAME ROCKS. I loved fighting Abyssion in mania mode and actually saved on a different file just before i am about to fight him to do it over and over again. My fav. character is Abyssion and Kratos and Yuan.

I really do belive this to be a indirect prequel to Tales of Phantasia since, both have Martel in them and the Eternal sword. And since Dhaos in the GBA version transeforms into feather Dhaos and loks exactly like the angel yggdrasill. And since sheena and suzu have the same last name.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via AIM to Narume Uzuzaki
View Posts: 73

Quote:
Here's your info
Okay...how do you find him?please.
I am legolas maiku's musume(daughter).Princess Aurion,Spazzie,Lakura Nightwing,EvilFred,Anime Queen,ilinerTC,and WhiteEyedHyuuga are my tomodachi..Currently looking for ZU boyfriend...If your an anime/manga fan be my friend! If your a Naruto fan, im the friend for you!
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
alt er relativt
View Posts: 1,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelett
Okay...how do you find him?please.
Answer:

Well first you have to have gotten the Derris Emblem(from Derris Kharlan). Then head to the back of Exire across the long bridge and up to the monument. The four people you fight with must have a elemntal stone equiped to them, you must equip Aquamarine, Opal, Ruby, and Garnet. When you approach the monument a cinetmatic will occur and he will show himself.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 84

i just brought this game today, ive been playing it all day and i just got kicked off. myhead still hurts from the graphics. love the game, but the way the characters run bothers me. they sortof... hover, i guess. anyway i'm stuck at the fire seal place coz i cant beat those big dog things grrr!! i think i avoided the wild animals too much grrr

thanks zelink for the awesome sig
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 AM
Ruining your life since 1992
Send a message via Yahoo to Mokujin
View Posts: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleafclover
i just brought this game today, ive been playing it all day and i just got kicked off. myhead still hurts from the graphics. love the game, but the way the characters run bothers me. they sortof... hover, i guess. anyway i'm stuck at the fire seal place coz i cant beat those big dog things grrr!! i think i avoided the wild animals too much grrr
I don't know how you didn't beat them but,the way I beat them is that I have the whole team attack only one dog at a time and then go for the others.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Gerudo Thief

thanks, i didnt realise that you could tell the others what to do. lol

#28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 07:16 AM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,790

It was the first Tales game I played and I really liked it. Unfortunatly as has been mentioned I doubt that any other tales games will cross the ocean (Things really don't look good for Eternia) and even if they did chances are there won't be a version for the 'cube. Ah well, I can hope.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Ruining your life since 1992
Send a message via Yahoo to Mokujin
View Posts: 551

It is funny the way I see how stupid Lloyd is.
I mean the highest grade he ever had gotten was a 25. :moodswing
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Oo, look! A PEANUT!!
Send a message via AIM to Alsenei Send a message via Yahoo to Alsenei
View Posts: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokujin
It is funny the way I see how stupid Lloyd is.
I mean the highest grade he ever had gotten was a 25. :moodswing
You're right about Lloyd being dense, but Colette kinda is, too. That's kinda what makes the game funny at some points. Not to mention Colette's clumsiness. Before now, I was busy enjoying playing the game again, so I better go back. It's still so fun even the second time!!

~S.A.M.C.V. =^:^=
.::..Touch them and I'll go Zelda on you..::.
Last Edited by Alsenei; 04-06-2005 at 10:20 PM. Reason:
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to FISSURE
View Posts: 33

ToS is my favorite tales game. The story, gameplay, and graphics were superb. I loved the story, it had so much emotion and feeling. I found myself up at 7 Am trying to beat the game before. The game was so fun to play. It had those types of enemies you just wanted to kill. They seemed so heartless you just had to take them out. Simply one of the best games i have ever played.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 38

I hav completed tales of symphonia 3 times now.Do u need any help?
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2005, 10:42 AM
I Like good Music!!!
View Posts: 449

You have to admit though the world map is a bit crap though I mean the mountains are nearly as big as the chracter your running around as.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
alt er relativt
View Posts: 1,269

Thanks for the offer but your not alone out there. Some people here have beat nearly 10 times. I myself have only beaten it three times, fourth time trough right now, but I know every secret the game has, secret attacks, combos, bosses, items, etc. So as you can see many others share your knowledge. My advice to you is just to answer any possibles questions people have in this thread. You get the satisfaction of helping out and you get it added to your post count.

P.S. Welcome to ZU. I see you are a newb. Make sure to read the rules and newbie guide for help. If you have additonal questons just PM me. If you want a sig or avy just drop by a shop. I have my own if you're interested. There is a link to it in my sig.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Sword
I saw somewhere in GameFAQs that the tree's name is Yggdrassill
Yeah I heard something similar but I don't think its name is Yggdrassil. I heard that Yggdrassil's name came from a Giant Tree of all life in some sort of Mithology. They said that in one of the issues of Nintendo Power. That might be what you heard.

As for the tree I think that it either was Symphonia as the name, or they want the player to decide. Although it would be kinda pointless for the player to pick the name of a tree, but my guess is as good as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhox
You have to admit though the world map is a bit crap though I mean the mountains are nearly as big as the chracter your running around as.
As for the running around character thing, ToS used that as a way to show your Party's movement throughout the world. You could choose whatever character you wanted as the "avatar' or something, and that was basically a party representative. Seriously though, if the creators had made the character as small as the cities themselves, movement across the worldmap would have been a lot more painful than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokujin
I don't know how you didn't beat them but,the way I beat them is that I have the whole team attack only one dog at a time and then go for the others.
I actually had trouble the first time with those dogs. What you have to do is spend some time levelling up.You have to be level 9 or 10 to beat it easily.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
ʕ͡ᴥʔ
Send a message via Skype™ to Lly
View Posts: 5,795

It was a good game, addictive, great replay value, but the voice acting was kinda bad, especially for Genis.

What I really can't stand about ToS's fanbase is the that everyone is obsessed with Kratos. Why? Kratos is EMO, I tell you, over-angst! He has the whole dark-mysterious thing, never gets along with anyone when he's in your party, had shaggy emo-liiking hair, and wears wicked tight armor. (Cue Dashboard Confessional)

IMO, Yuan is much coolyer! =P

Heheh... no offense to all you Kratos fans out there. xD
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Gerudo Thief

hahah i have a secret crush on kratos :embrsd: , lol, hes so much like my boyfriend, xceot my bf's hair is darker.
oh yeah I FINISHED IT!!! finally, it took me like 2 weeks coz i could only play it 4 about 2-3 hrs a night coz of school, and i need to do it again, i finally looked at all those gamespot and whoever pages and realised how much i missed by not cheating grrr!!!!
i guessed like right away that oh i cant say that...
and i dont know how to put a spoiler thingy in... oh well and kratos is SO not EMO!!! anyway
i hated colettes voice acting, and lloyds at times too but besides that it was pretty good considering its only a game

#38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2005, 02:24 PM
ʕ͡ᴥʔ

Quote:
oh well and kratos is SO not EMO!!!
Oh, come on, back up your claim with evidence, woman. Don't tell me convince me!

Anywhoo, anyone notice how simmilar Kratos and Regal are?

The reasons:

1. They both have creeepy hair
2. They are both the only ones Raine can ahve an intellegent conversation with, really.
3. They both killed the ones thay loved to save them from becoming big monster thingies.
4. They're both dark and mysterious, and say so little it's annoying.
5. By some strange coincidence, they meet someone related to the ones they killed whom they loved during the game, and proceed to stalk them, never actually TELLING the person they killed who they did.

The differences are that Kratos is a serious dude with hair that looks like it has been cut by an egotistical rooster, and if you gave him a pair of Chucks, a sweater and square glasses, he'd look emo. Regal has some sort of sense of humor and does not look the part of an emo dude, but his dark mysterious personality sort of gives him one. And in adition, Kratos is really just Shadow the Hedgehog in a different package.

-SC
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Gerudo Thief

jesus you really have some issues about kratos, hes a goddamn cartoon character jees.
i was just saying i dont believe you, you dont have to be an ass abouot it

#40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
ʕ͡ᴥʔ

Why are you calling me an ass, praytell? I simply asked you to back up your claim. If you're going to form an opinion that goes against another, it's a general rule of thumb that one should state why.

How do I have issues? I'm simply stating that I don't like a certain character because I don't like angst too much. And please do not insult me for forming an opinion on a cartoon character, as you yourself did state that you had a "secret crush on" the character.

Anyway, I do not in any way want to start an argument, nor do I want to get this topic closed, so I would suggest that we stay on-topic and if anyone wishes to shower me with criticism, I'd ask that you would kindly PM me personally.

Moving on.

Tags
symphonia