Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Royal Hylian
Send a message via AIM to AnimalXingAddict Send a message via Yahoo to AnimalXingAddict
View Posts: 964
Who is your best character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Ah, the age old question Who are you the best with in Melee? Please tell me if this has already been done recently, but I don't think it has been. My favorite character is Mario. He is an all around character, his cape is great for reflecting stuff, and, like the trophy description says, "Mario reflects the actual skills of the player." Other favorites I have are Luigi, Fox, and Zelda.

PS: Since there are more than 10 characters in the game, I'm not going to post a poll. Just write out your favorite

EDIT: Don't just post something like, "i liek link bcause he is teh shiz!!1!," try to supply reason please

Formally known as Frodo/Triforce Seeker/Frodo of Middle Earth/Lord of the Bling or whatever the heck you want to call me...and yes, I am back
Last Edited by AnimalXingAddict; 02-28-2005 at 12:26 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Amanda Mullins
View Posts: 10,921
Re: What is your best character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Well i would have to say, Samus. I kick arse with her. But I do play very well as LInk, althogh many say he isnt that good in Melee. I think you just got to learn how to use him and same with Samus.

my website | deviantart | tumblr | zu art thread | blogger || avy/sig art © Amanda Mullins

hey hinkle-vinkle, eat ze armpit ja!?
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 135

My best characters are Link and Roy. Roy is a great heavy hitter and can kill enemies very quickly. His character is all about timing. Link is still pretty strong and the boomerang can be used a lot to start combos or give you a chance to get out of tight spots. They are both fast and not too light.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
GreatBayDeku GreatBayDeku is a male United States GreatBayDeku is offline
Is it just me or is it a tad salty here?
Send a message via AIM to GreatBayDeku
View Posts: 271

My best characters are Link, Roy, and Young Link. Yeah, a weird combination. I've beaten Level 9 Marth with Link before so I'm happy.

Signature by Steve. Avatar by me. <3
Proud member of the Clan of Courage
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Cake or Death?
View Posts: 391

Fox is my best character on there he was also my best character on SMB. He's cute, furry and a damn kick-ass character. I'm almost unbeatable when I use him.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to Eyes of Crimson
View Posts: 118

*sigh* I guess I'd have to say I'm best in SSBM with...Sheik. x_x;; I..don't believe I've lost yet using him/her/it/sock puppet.. I think it's because Sheik has a little bit of both far and close ranged attacks, (weak as they are..) and is kinda fast.. I've always been one to like a little speed. ^_^; Zelda's movement and attacks are a little too slow for me, so...I can't exactly say I like both characters, even if they are one and the same..in a way.... Well..maybe not.@_@;
The only things I don't like is the fact that I have to do transform as soon as I start a match. xD I can't remember to trick to start a match as Sheik without transforming, sadly.. And..it's kind of sickening jumping so much (which I do alot) because Sheik always makes that little irritating noise.. xD So..even if Sheik isn't the strongest character in the game, I use my strategies to my advantage so I still deal alot of damage. xD
Sheena: ...Hey! Stop taking over my speech!

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
The real folk blues~
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518

View Posts: 17,950

My best character in SSBM is Peach. She has great jump and I'm pretty good at using her attacks effectively. I've also become pretty skilled at timing the use of Toad for blocking. Zelda used to be my best, but now I've gotten better with Peach, and Marth as well.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Royal Hylian
Send a message via AIM to AnimalXingAddict Send a message via Yahoo to AnimalXingAddict
View Posts: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altamira
My best character in SSBM is Peach. She has great jump and I'm pretty good at using her attacks effectively. I've also become pretty skilled at timing the use of Toad for blocking. Zelda used to be my best, but now I've gotten better with Peach, and Marth as well.
Yeah, I've gotten pretty good at my blocking too, but I prefer Mario's cape to Peach's toad. Peach is a pretty good character as well, IMO.

Formally known as Frodo/Triforce Seeker/Frodo of Middle Earth/Lord of the Bling or whatever the heck you want to call me...and yes, I am back
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Amanda Mullins
View Posts: 10,921

Well like i said. Samus is my first choice. But THE ONE PLAYER THAT I HATE IS MR. GAME AND WATCH. he is REALLY cheap. all of his attaks are more amusing to the eye than effective...although he can do damage...but i think he is just annoying...

woah.......i just had a REALLY scary thought....what if TINGLE was in SSBM?.........ew.......thats scaring me just thinking bout it.

my website | deviantart | tumblr | zu art thread | blogger || avy/sig art © Amanda Mullins

hey hinkle-vinkle, eat ze armpit ja!?
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2005, 04:44 PM
The Ultimate Nintendo Fan
Send a message via Yahoo to Real Link
View Posts: 96

Link and Pikachu. Link because he has both great long and short range attacks. Pikachu because of his great speed and electric based attacks that are quite powerful. I am about as good with both of them and alternate between them pretty evenly.

NFL Picks Record: 41-27
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2005, 08:38 AM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,142

I'm best with Link. I really like his spin attack.

And Peach is scarily hard at level 9, if you ask me. Crazy foo'.

-Jan the Man
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Nothing says PARTY like her head on a Stick.
Send a message via AIM to 2 Dope
View Posts: 2,140

I would have to say that my best character is Zelda/Shiek. Its so easy to maintain control of Shiek if you ask me. Zelda Takes more skill and thats what I am working toward.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2005, 09:21 AM
zeldalives4ever zeldalives4ever is a female United States zeldalives4ever is offline
In our hearts and in our souls
Send a message via Yahoo to zeldalives4ever
View Posts: 269

link im pretty awesome at knocking people of cliffs or just plan killing them with the spin attack and also marth i love using his one sword attack were you throast (sp) down real fast knock people of cliffs real fast. an also mewto bc he has though psychic powers that kill people in an instint
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus
I'm best with Link. I really like his spin attack.

And Peach is scarily hard at level 9, if you ask me. Crazy foo'.
They're all pretty hard at 8 or 9, thanks to the rather lame and cheap enemy AI in the game. Seriously, I could drive a truck through some of the AI holes I've observed while playing the game.

Anyway, I tend to be best with kid Link and Samus Aran. If only there was a way to have kid Link's model have the shield from Majora's Mask and give Samus have that cool new suit from Fusion.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Half an eight
View Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
Seriously, I could drive a truck through some of the AI holes I've observed while playing the game.
Heh, same here... There was this one time when I was playing Event Matches. I picked level 4, Dino-Wrangling, where you have to beat a giant Yoshi. Well, just when the narrator (or something...) said "Go!" and the match started, Yoshi turned around, walked off the stage and died without even trying to save himself. So, I cleared the stage with the time of 00.87 seconds. You just try to top that.

Aaaand back on topic. I like playing with Link, mostly because I'm so experienced with playing as him on SSBM. I got the Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser trophies with him, and cleared the 51st Event Match, because a friend recommended using Link on those when I had trouble.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Cake or Death?
View Posts: 391

I've played this game so much on my friends GC I've decided to actually buy it for myself heh. then I can beat the spit out of him in my room using Fox to his full potential *karate chops*
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Goron
View Posts: 198

I'm best with Roy, and he's also my favourite character (his flaming blade is my fav.). Then other favourites I have is Link and Falco. Falco I like for his speed and Link for his A+down -attack, and his <-> smash.

The Legend of Zelda...
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

i use Link young link falco Ganondorf doctor mario and sometimes mewtwo

Falco because of his speed, i could use fox but he is a bit slower

Link is a easy character to use and is just fun to fight with

Young Link becuase he is basicly Link but with fire arrows and a bit diffrent spin attack

Doctor Mario because well he is just fun to play

Mewtwo is fun to be, i like his attacks and i think im pretty good with him not the best but good

Quote:
I am best with young link or link. they have alot of weapons and can shoot from far distances.
thats one of the reasons why Link is probably one of the cheapest characters you can use, he has more longed range(i think) needs almost no skill because as long as you know his moves its all good. he is a fun character to be, but he can be easily the cheapest character.

but maybe thats my opinion and some others i guess.

Quote:
Heh, same here... There was this one time when I was playing Event Matches. I picked level 4, Dino-Wrangling, where you have to beat a giant Yoshi. Well, just when the narrator (or something...) said "Go!" and the match started, Yoshi turned around, walked off the stage and died without even trying to save himself. So, I cleared the stage with the time of 00.87 seconds. You just try to top that.
lol i remember this happening to me, i just started the event and it said "Go" im ready to fight the yoshi when he jumps off the ledge

not sure what the time was but it was close to that (i erased the events so i cant check )

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
Last Edited by Unit7; 02-23-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason:
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezmok
That's happened to me too. Dunno if it was in .87 seconds though.

Oh, go ahead and laugh, but another character I play as a lot is Princess Peach. I've always liked her, and I always take advantage of when she's a playable character (Super Mario 2, Legend of the 7 Stars, etc.) . Here's hoping her new DS game doesn't suck.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to younglink07
View Posts: 29

sup! my best characters are mr. game and watch and falco. i like mr. game and watch just because he's annoying and he makes the other players mad. so they kinda freak out. but falco is my all time favorite on that game. he's my best just because he's really quick and i like doing jumping combos and things like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
bros, character, melee, smash, super