Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524
Re: G4's Top 100 Video Games of all the Times [Warning Joke List]

What is their reasoning for Super Mario Bros. making the top spot?

???

#62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,916

I would give it #1 if the list was The 100 Games That Made The Most Impact On Video Games, but to call it the greatest game of all time is a bit much.
1 person liked this post: The Doctor
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 35

Honestly, I'm not going to ❤❤❤❤❤ too loud and long about this list. I'm just so ecstatic that G4 is finally giving some air-time and money to this type of programming, I'll support it in the hopes that it encourages them to go back to the channel's roots.

BRING BACK ICONS.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Holder of the Triforce of Randomness!
View Posts: 543

Its a Joke.

And a bad list.

And to make it worse, they got 1 and 2 mixed up!

Oktaku/Blackbelt/Hacker/Student/Gamer/Human. Nuff said.

So....want some boredom? You can change lives with me and experience one life of boredom for free!

Unashamed Christian....ok?
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
DarkKnightGamer24 DarkKnightGamer24 is a male United States DarkKnightGamer24 is offline
Twili
View Posts: 405

I didn't really mean they aren't video games. I said it but I meant more as NONE of them are Top 100 games of All-Time! And if you REALLY think any phone game is, you're playing the wrong game. There is no way Angry Birds or Words with Friends stacks up against any Zelda game, Mario game, Assassin's Creed Game, Max Payne games, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham series, Mass Effect series (even though I don't like the games), Fallout series, or most of the console games. Is Angry Birds better than some Console games? Of course. But it isn't a Top 100 game. That's saying it is a better game than Thousands of games. Which just isn't true. And if playing a game on a 3 inch screen is the future of gaming I won't be a gamer anymore. That'd be bs. I highly doubt playing a game on a 3 inch iPhone screen (or Android) is the future of game.

I make Let's Plays on YouTube

Currently Let's Playing: Final Fantasy IX/Batman Arkham City

DarkKnightGamer's Channel
Check out my channel and give me some feedback and constructive criticism please!
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Crew of Gamers Crew of Gamers is a male United States Crew of Gamers is offline
Now with 50% less cameraman
View Posts: 264

This list wouldn't be that bad if it was a list of influential games, of which there are tons of on the list. I am glad they do have a lot of my favorite games, (The Sims, CoD4, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Pokemon), but the majority of the list does not seem right.

Super Mario Bros 3 > Super Mario Bros
Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy > Super Mario Bros
Super Mario 64 > Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario Bros
Luigi's Mansion > Super Mario Bros

See? I just listed some games that are in the same series that are better than Super Mario Bros. I do realize it is a classic and made a huge impact on gaming history, but to call it the best game of all time is wrong.

Thank you Chaos for the awesome signature!
2 people liked this post: Blak, The Doctor
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Has returned.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinespark
Steam ID: HylianChozo
View Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecora View Post
Never played Bioshock, so I don't really care. I just know that OoT is one of the most overrated games of all time and, though fun, is not worthy of its godlike status.
You spoke what I never had the balls to say on a Zelda forum. You sir are awesome.

I really wasn't surprised that OoT didn't make it far. Compared to what ALttP had to offer, OoT in the long run wasn't that much. I was still surprised though, because if one channel LOVES to go with the gaming bandwagon, it's G4.

Remember the Zelda conspiracy with the Videogame Deathmatch?

But I knew from the beginning that Mario was gonna be at the top. There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't know Mario. He's a videogame icon, and so he's pretty much the leader.

I just can't believe Chrono Trigger didn't make it further. Holy crap. O.o
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightGamer24 View Post
I didn't really mean they aren't video games. I said it but I meant more as NONE of them are Top 100 games of All-Time!
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just, like...your opinion, man.

Quote:
And if you REALLY think any phone game is, you're playing the wrong game.
It's one thing to have your own opinion, but you shouldn't really be shoving it down the throats of others as if it were fact. Your opinions aren't universal law that everyone else must concede to.

Quote:
There is no way Angry Birds or Words with Friends stacks up against any Zelda game, Mario game, Assassin's Creed Game, Max Payne games, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham series, Mass Effect series (even though I don't like the games), Fallout series, or most of the console games. Is Angry Birds better than some Console games? Of course. But it isn't a Top 100 game. That's saying it is a better game than Thousands of games. Which just isn't true.
Are you saying that everyone has to accept your Angry Birds opinion as fact?

Quote:
And if playing a game on a 3 inch screen is the future of gaming I won't be a gamer anymore. That'd be bs. I highly doubt playing a game on a 3 inch iPhone screen (or Android) is the future of game.
I don't. We're already making the transition with handhelds such as the Vita and 3DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinespark View Post
You spoke what I never had the balls to say on a Zelda forum. You sir are awesome.
You should have seen me during my earlier days on ZU. I was all "MM > OoT" before it became cool.

???

#69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
Majora's Mask should have been on the list instead of Ocarina of Time. Did everything the older game did, but better.
Ill agree to that, but there were already 3 games on the list, one more would've been overkill.

Quote:
I don't. We're already making the transition with handhelds such as the Vita and 3DS.
I think he's hating more of the fact that once simple mobile devices are now "trying to butt in to the game industry" which I can sympathize with.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 AM
formerly known as daeth
Steam ID: terrible
View Posts: 2,328

Quote:
Majora's Mask should have been on the list instead of Ocarina of Time. Did everything the older game did, but better.
At the time Ocarina of Time blew my mind. Majora's Mask at the time was.. meh. Disappointing is how I'd put it I suppose. If I were to have played MM first maybe it would've been the opposite. It's hard to say.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 04:11 AM
Glorious Leader
Steam ID: mister_blak
View Posts: 1,254

Pong is up there. PONG!

POOOOOOOONG!

WHAT THE ❤❤❤❤? HOW IS PONG GOOD?
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 04:13 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,332

Quote:
I disagree. Off the top of my head, OoT had a longer main quest.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 06-30-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Blak View Post
Pong is up there. PONG!

POOOOOOOONG!

WHAT THE ❤❤❤❤? HOW IS PONG GOOD?
um it's kinda one of the most groundbreaking games in history, guy
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 01:01 PM
DarkKnightGamer24 DarkKnightGamer24 is a male United States DarkKnightGamer24 is offline
Twili

Quote:
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just, like...your opinion, man.

It's one thing to have your own opinion, but you shouldn't really be shoving it down the throats of others as if it were fact. Your opinions aren't universal law that everyone else must concede to.

Are you saying that everyone has to accept your Angry Birds opinion as fact?

You should have seen me during my earlier days on ZU. I was all "MM > OoT" before it became cool.
Sorry to have "shoved opinions down your throat" man. Lol I was just trying to have a debate but you got upset or something and decided to just say stuff like that instead of actually debating. All of debate is personal opinion, therefore I'm obviously going to state my opinion. I'm just trying to have a fun debate here but all you're giving me is "stop shoving opinions down my throat" and "that game is too liked so I don't like it" arguments which are not really arguments. And don't take that personal, it's not a personal attack, it's just me telling you that you're hard to debate with because you don't make points towards the argument.

Check out my channel and give me some feedback and constructive criticism please!
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightGamer24 View Post
Sorry to have "shoved opinions down your throat" man. Lol I was just trying to have a debate but you got upset or something and decided to just say stuff like that instead of actually debating.
"It's a phone game so it's automatically shouldn't be on this list!!" has been your stance. You say you're debating, but the way you've expressing your opinion in this thread has been extremely fanboyish. You are not debating anything.

Quote:
it's just me telling you that you're hard to debate with because you don't make points towards the argument.
The irony.

???

Last Edited by Coconut Water; 06-30-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Twili

Quote:
"It's a phone game so it's automatically shouldn't be on this list!!" has been your stance. You say you're debating, but the way you've expressing your opinion in this thread has been extremely fanboyish. You are not debating anything.

The irony.
I believe I also said that Angry Birds isn't deep, has no story, and is just the same level over and over again with slight variations, which would be okay if it was Super Mario Bros series which were developed in the 90's (or so I do not know the exact generation I just know I played them in the 90's). Also I couldn't debate OoT because you gave no reason to argue with! You said it's boring. Which isn't a debatable point. You think it's boring I cannot argue that is an opinion that cannot be discussed. If I was a fan boy I'd say that Skyward Sword was a great game but its not because the motion controls are laggy and unresponsive at times, require you to re-calibrate way too often, and the story is good, but is compromised by the motion controls. See I stated reason as to why I didn't like the game so you can have something to respond to. Again I'm not personally attacking you, I just find you extremely hard to debate because "You're a fan boy, that's why you like OoT" isn't really a valid argument as to whether it is a good game or not.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Also don't say I'm shoving my opinions down your throat, I would say "In my opinion" but its a debate, debates are all about well facts but also how you interpret facts which = opinion.

#77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Glorious Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
um it's kinda one of the most groundbreaking games in history, guy
Elaborate. And if your explanation includes that it was the first ever video game (it wasn't) I shall reach into the internet and throttle you.

People who put Pong on lists like this have not done their research. Otherwise they might have heard of Computer Space. Pong was just the first well marketed/funded game.
Last Edited by Blak; 06-30-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Spiritual
View Posts: 810

So people only put Pong on their lists because they think it was the first video game and nothing else?

It can't possibly be because it was entertaining for the family and had a simple objective that everyone could enjoy.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Glorious Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
So people only put Pong on their lists because they think it was the first video game and nothing else?

It can't possibly be because it was entertaining for the family and had a simple objective that everyone could enjoy.
Most party games have that. What sets it apart from the others? Makes it exceptional? Makes it the 100th best game of all time?
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Spiritual
View Posts: 810

Personal opinion.

I say this because you say that "people who put pong on their list" which implies you are talking about about the average joe.
Last Edited by Antilles; 06-30-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote