Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Will 2013 bring the BIG hits?
Hell yeah, everything and more u can imagine! Even a new Miyamoto franchise! 2 13.33%
Of course, at least 3D Mario for Wii U and Zelda for 3DS! 7 46.67%
No 3DMario nor Zelda but yeah Smash, Kart and Pokemon 6th gen. 3 20.00%
Not sure... ... I don't really trust Nintendo anymore... 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Hylian
View Posts: 626
Re: Nintendo E3 Paradiso Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyStar View Post
I don't understand the fascination with Retro Studios.

They made what? 2 games for Nintendo so far? Why are they being held in such high regards?
Not being rude, I honestly just don't get it.
=x
I don't get it either. They only made four games, and already fanboys treat them like the second coming of God.

They're good, but until they make a wide variety of games that are consistently good, this is uncalled for, imo.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
**** YEAH!
Send a message via Skype™ to America
Steam ID: colton_o_weekly
View Posts: 1,299

I think we can all agree it's nice to see that the Wii U is getting tons of third party games. But thing is, most of them are either:
A) Ports
or B) Ports of games already out on other systems.

That just bothers me. Why buy Batman Arkham City on XBox and THEN buy it on Wii U later on? Why buy a Wii U when you don't already play Nintendo games?

It's mainly going to get people who either like Nintendo games, or it's going to get people who had a Wii and missed out on the third-party support the other systems had.

But that's just my opinion. Thoughts?

Oh and I want to buy the Non-Specific Action Figure so much.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Custom User Title
Steam ID: Khao84 Wii U ID: KhaoMortadios 3DS ID: 1075-0789-4675
View Posts: 11,512

Even though I'm a huge Nintendo fan, right now I'm much closer to getting a PS3 than a Wii U, the few exclusives it has, while some look pretty damn good (I'm seriously in love with Rayman Legends) are not really system sellers for me.

It doesn't help either that the ports are all sequels of franchises not available on Nintendo systems.

I REALLY want to play Assassin's Creed III, but not before playing I and II, same goes for Arkham City with it's prequel. Don't even care if they're not direct sequels connected to eachother, I just like to play games in order.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Boxer Briefs Boxer Briefs is a male United States Boxer Briefs is offline
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Send a message via AIM to Boxer Briefs
View Posts: 932

^ Are we even sure Rayman Legends is exclusive to Wii U? Remember that Rayman Origins was multiplatform...

I got the impression Legends would also be multiplatform but with the Murphy touch screen controls added on for the Wii U version.
Last Edited by Boxer Briefs; 06-07-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 PM

View Posts: 10,461

So far it's been described as a Wii U exclusive, but I wouldn't rule out the game being released on other platforms in the future.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Boxer Briefs Boxer Briefs is a male United States Boxer Briefs is offline
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Send a message via AIM to Boxer Briefs
View Posts: 932

Yeah, I wouldn't either. They already said as much for ZombiU, and we know Ubisoft tends to milk their franchises by publishing them on every platform available; Rayman 1 has been ported 8 times, and Rayman 2 10 times...

Not that this is a bad thing; it makes their games widely available, and it means they don't play favorites.
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Sweet SS Zelda Sweet SS Zelda is a male Canada Sweet SS Zelda is offline
Twili
View Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift_Knight View Post
I don't get it either. They only made four games, and already fanboys treat them like the second coming of God.

They're good, but until they make a wide variety of games that are consistently good, this is uncalled for, imo.
Retro games may be fun, but Retro needs to make more games and have a consistent proven track record before they can be revered. Four is not enough. Ten seems like a better number. Excessive hype can be deadly and have killed some franchises.

1 person liked this post: AgentNimble
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

View Posts: 8,365

I'll just leave this here.

I still think their conference sucked, but at least now I understand why. This makes things a bit better, I guess.
Last Edited by Kuya; 06-07-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: AgentNimble, AWJ, Florina Laufeyson, Sentient
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
This is one of the few instances where the 3rd party controller is superior to the 1st party.
Hell no. Mad Catz. Every time I've purchased one of their controllers they either had some malfuntion or broke easily.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Retro is to Nintendo as Pixar is to Disney. As far as I'm concerned, they are gods.

???

#70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 587

I still CANNOT believe that Nintendo totally ignored Project P-100 during their conference.

It looks extremely fun and is made by Hideki Kamiya who directed Bayonetta, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe. I'm sure they could have cut down some of that embarrassing Just Dance performance and that mess of a Nintendo Land explanation to make room for what looks to be a gem of a game.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen desharu View Post
Retro games may be fun, but Retro needs to make more games and have a consistent proven track record before they can be revered. Four is not enough. Ten seems like a better number. Excessive hype can be deadly and have killed some franchises.
Here are the reason of why I am excited for Retro's game

1) It's most likely going to be geared to the "core" gamer.

2) They have stated that they are working on a game that everyone wants them to do.

3) They have hired people that have worked on Uncharted and Darksiders.

4) They created one of the most critically acclaimed titles of all time (Metroid Prime) and they successfully transitioned into making a totally different type of game (the excellent Donkey Kong Country Returns).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Fist View Post

I still think their conference sucked, but at least now I understand why. This makes things a bit better, I guess.
I still think they have several unmentioned games that they could have presented but Nintendo has said that their focus this E3 was on presenting games that are going to release on or very near the launch of the Wii U.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda4eva! View Post
I still think they have several unmentioned games that they could have presented but Nintendo has said that their focus this E3 was on presenting games that are going to release on or very near the launch of the Wii U.
That was a bad choice.
1 person liked this post: rosh
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,872

Quote:

Except thatAonuma is in charge of the Zelda series has been for a long time now.
The reason is that we didnt see a new Zelda game is because we just got Skyward Sword a few months ago.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that Miyamoto was really busy with Pikmin 3 and his new IP.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Johnny Sokko Johnny Sokko is a male United States Johnny Sokko is offline
Hylian
View Posts: 609

Does anybody else think that Nintendo's E3 presentation would have been much less disappointing if they didn't do the Nintendo Direct? Since they repeated all that stuff anyways at E3, I think the controller redesign, pro controller, and Miiverse would have been great surprises. I think Nintendo had enough new info this year to completely destroy the competition, but the way they set everything up was pretty terrible.
2 people liked this post: AWJ, Shinespark
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 AM
**** YEAH!
Send a message via Skype™ to America
Steam ID: colton_o_weekly
View Posts: 1,299

Quote:

That image of "Or else we'll have *CDI Zelda*" bothers me

Because that basically is saying once the guys doing it now quit/die, we won't ever have a good Zelda game and I just can't see that being true.

That and Zelda would be made by other companies very well, if they had the right company.
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 02:54 AM

I think his point was that a rushed Zelda game would be bad.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

Quote:

You DO realise that Miamoto is just the CEO, he doesn't have anything to do with the games besides being a small part on the idea team.

He had time to make a presentation on the U and many more things. There is no excuse.

This E3 is the proof I needed to make sure Nintendo is going down the drain.

There are little to no console exclusives, just re-releases of things like Mass Effect 3 (and only 3), Assassin's Creed 3 (WiiU won't be out till at least next year, if the lack of info says anything...), Batman, etc, etc, etc. I (and probably most of you) already have those games (save AC3), you don't want to buy them again, and if you do, you need to buy either an X-box or PS3 to play the games that come before them.

No information released on any console exclusives, besides that one zombie game and Mario Party U (don't care what it's actually called).

Last thing. Nintendo's main focus in E3 was the stupid Mario Party-esque game. Seems legit.

This month has been nothing but bull❤❤❤❤ in everything I love... The R+V chapter was ❤❤❤❤, no information on Pokemon B/W 2, etc, etc, etc.

Pop this in a time capsule: "HEY NINTENDO, I LAUGH AT YOUR BANKRUPTCY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!" Open it in 10 years if not less.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
Last Edited by Major Liftz; 06-08-2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Hylian Scholar
Steam ID: TheOriginalPlatypus
View Posts: 173

You guys are whiney about this console. Maybe one day all the companies go bankrupt and we have no new video games. What would you do then? Whine more?

"Waaah I know absolutely nothing about the future of the wii u but I'll complain about something I don't fully know about or understand based on limited information I know..." Is what I see so far from people. =\ WE don't know how this console will do. You can't make judgements about whether it has a huge 3rd party support... We don't even know if it has to be ported... At this moment in time we know nothing.

Most of us are guys and we want information now because thats how we get most of it these days. However you have to get over it and stop being so negative. =\ The Wii U wont be a bad console anyways.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Being a lunatic isn't enough
View Posts: 1,929

I admit if Nintendo had shown a new Zelda game during the conference I would probably be defending them now.
Last Edited by Luna Tique; 06-08-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
View Posts: 4,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadows View Post
This E3 is the proof I needed to make sure Nintendo is going down the drain.
Welcome back to E3 2008.

Quote:
There are little to no console exclusives, just re-releases of things like Mass Effect 3 (and only 3), Assassin's Creed 3 (WiiU won't be out till at least next year, if the lack of info says anything...), Batman, etc, etc, etc. I (and probably most of you) already have those games (save AC3), you don't want to buy them again, and if you do, you need to buy either an X-box or PS3 to play the games that come before them.
Quite true, but therein lies Nintendo's dilemma. People like you have been crying for good, solid third party support for years, but the fact of the matter is that, and we can see this quite clear with the PS3 and 360, "solid third party support" means a whole, whole, whole lot of ports.

It also means that a lot of the games being ported will be sequels in some shape or form, because we just don't see a lot of quality third party games nowadays that are completely fresh out of the gates.

It's up to the respective third parties to determine how they will handle this. I reckon the go-to decision will be to treat the Wii U like it's another HD console upon launch and make games for it like they would the PS3 and 360, with some kind of touch-screen functionality slapped on for mandatory use on the U Pad.

Quote:
No information released on any console exclusives, besides that one zombie game and Mario Party U (don't care what it's actually called).
Err, now you'r just spouting bull❤❤❤❤, dude. The conference opened with goddamn Pikmin 3, a game you had never seen before ever. We got a new look at New Super Mario Bros. U, with a new power-up and some info of how the U Pad can be used along with the other players. We got the announcement of Wii Fit U, a game no-one knew would exist prior to the conference, and some of the activities it would have.

Quote:
Pop this in a time capsule: "HEY NINTENDO, I LAUGH AT YOUR BANKRUPTCY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!" Open it in 10 years if not less.
Welcome back to E3 2006.

Tags
my body is ready, needs more red, nintendo