Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I PWNED WITHYLA
View Posts: 146
Talking Animal Crossing 3DS

For the fans of Animal crossing, Animal crossing 3d is a big deal. While we wait patiently, what are you excited for? I'm excited to dress up like Link and finally get to swim in the ocean.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
-x.
View Posts: 17,736
Re: Animal Crossing 3DS

The game looks so finished to me.

I guess they're just waiting for a good time of the year to release it to get the best sales?

I really need a laid-back game on the 3DS, and Animal Crossing is the best game for that. I loved the GC and DS version (not the Wii), so I'm definitely getting it on the 3DS. Plus you can now swim and decorate the walls of your house with clocks, pictures etc...
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,548

I'm most exited for the new village layout, and the return of the train!

You can tell this is going to be the biggest change for the series in a long while.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,916

I liked the GCN, DS, and Wii games, and I think this one will be great, too.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
and Lucas too
View Posts: 716

I just hope it comes out before/during the summer D:

I've been really, really looking forward to spending quiet summer days and nights in my lil' village, ever since I heard AC3DS's announcement. I have such great memories of doing thus with ACWW.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
I PWNED WITHYLA
View Posts: 146

Something I forgot to add, I'm sort of unhappy about the height of the characters, they look a little weird... I'll still get the game for sure, but I liked the height of the characters in previous games.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock 3DS ID: 1032-1351-5240
View Posts: 2,903

Lol. Wait patiently. Can't say I'm doing that all too well after the only two 3DS Nintendo games that were announced at E3 2010 and still don't have release dates are the ones that made me want to purchase the 3DS - Animal Crossing and Paper Mario.

I don't know what to expect from the game. I don't think it will be a repeat of CF, but that doesn't guarantee it will be good, unfortunately. Hopefully it will at least be WW-level, at best GCN level or better. I think it will be at least WW level as it has made additions of actual worth, like outdoor furniture.

But the longer we wait for this game, the higher the expectations grow, and with this series which has been consistent at being underwhelming, that's worrisome.

------

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 AM
knyghtofninja knyghtofninja is a male United States knyghtofninja is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Skype™ to knyghtofninja
Steam ID: _knyght
View Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Lol. Wait patiently. Can't say I'm doing that all too well after the only two 3DS Nintendo games that were announced at E3 2010 and still don't have release dates are the ones that made me want to purchase the 3DS - Animal Crossing and Paper Mario.

I don't know what to expect from the game. I don't think it will be a repeat of CF, but that doesn't guarantee it will be good, unfortunately. Hopefully it will at least be WW-level, at best GCN level or better. I think it will be at least WW level as it has made additions of actual worth, like outdoor furniture.

But the longer we wait for this game, the higher the expectations grow, and with this series which has been consistent at being underwhelming, that's worrisome.
That's a good point. I understand the need for developers to get people hyped up about their product, but the risk that comes with it are the severe expectations. It's the way the market kind of goes along now, though. But I honestly find enjoyment from the games that don't try to take the spotlight. They tend to offer more than what you expect, thus making the experience that much better.

The expectations, dreams, and obsessions only make the moment when you actually have the game in your hands that much sweeter. The drawback is the criticism that follows, and with a stack of expectations...it can make for quite the slaughter. (Especially if the game does terrible.)
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 02:38 AM
UltimateLink64 UltimateLink64 is a male United States UltimateLink64 is offline
Skyloft Knight
View Posts: 158

I loved the first three but I wasn't as excited for this one as I was for the others. I not sure why exactly because swimming and wall decorations are things I wanted after I played the first one. My feeling may change as time goes on and I may pick it up.

A knight can never turn down a fight.
Last Edited by UltimateLink64; 04-02-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 AM
MM is GOTY all years MM is GOTY all years is a male Australia MM is GOTY all years is offline
New Leaf Dream Code: 6900-2411-2959
View Posts: 1,276

If this turns out to be anything near GC level, then it'll be an insta buy for me. WW and CF were both really disappointing.