Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Has returned.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinespark
Steam ID: HylianChozo
View Posts: 2,814
Re: Kid Icarus Uprising: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Might View Post
I've been using the Great Reaper Palm and it just completely destroys everyone! I guess it just depends on play style. Best I've done is 9-2 with a score of 2101 in Light vs. Dark and a win % around 90.
Play style and weapon stats, of course. I know Khao has a "super awesome" Drill Arm, however all of my Drill Arms are terrible. Same with Palms, I've never gotten a good one to date.

But play style as well, I guess you're more of a shooting person than I am. I NEVER fire my weapon when I don't have to. I love to run up to the foe, knock them into the air, and give them hell.

Also, I've officially given up on ALL Light vs. Dark matches. I can never win on that mode, no matter how many people I kill or how many points I accumulated, my team always seems to mess it up for me. Most of the people on my team are NOT ready for online yet, they barely do anything. They're almost as bad as the CPU teammates on offline LvD, and if you haven't tried that, it's pretty bad. xD

-If I become the angel, my team basically runs into the line of fire and kills itself.
-If a teammate becomes an angel, he runs into the line of fire and dies.

Dunno if my comrades know this or not, but the angel's main purpose is to SURVIVE, not fight off the opponent further. It gets on my nerves and ruins my psychological reputation. I'll stick to Free-For -All from now on.
Last Edited by Shinespark; 03-30-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Divine Might, Khaoabunga
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Divine Might Divine Might is a male United States Divine Might is offline
Timeless
Send a message via Skype™ to Divine Might
View Posts: 509

Quote:
Play style and weapon stats, of course. I know Khao has a "super awesome" Drill Arm, however all of my Drill Arms are terrible. Same with Palms, I've never gotten a good one to date.
Ah, I've been trying to get a better Drill, but it just doesn't happen. The Great Reaper Palm I have fits my play style perfectly though. I like to be sorta close and side-dash fire at enemies and then have some melee capabilities for when they get to close. Stats on my new one are.
Ranged - 5
Melee - 3
Melee defense +1
Backward-dash ch. shot +4
Side-dash cont. fire +2

I'm also trying to get a good melee weapon to try it out, but that's pretty difficult..They are the ones that usually kill me the most xD

Quote:
Dunno if my comrades know this or not, but the angel's main purpose is to SURVIVE, not fight off the opponent further. It gets on my nerves and ruins my psychological reputation. I'll stick to Free-For -All from now on.
This exactly! I absolutely hate when someone else becomes the angel because they just go join in the fight..then you try to protect them and you can't even attack their angel. I actually think the CPU sometimes is better than some of the players xD I had one that was beating me up pretty good.

I'm wondering if you play this with friends if they would be on your team for Light vs. Dark?
Last Edited by Divine Might; 03-30-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Khaoabunga, Shinespark
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Custom User Title
Steam ID: Khao84 Wii U ID: KhaoMortadios 3DS ID: 1075-0789-4675
View Posts: 11,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Might View Post
I'm wondering if you play this with friends if they would be on your team for Light vs. Dark?
I think you can actually switch teams before the match starts, at least you can when playing "Nearby."
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 9,390

Well I just beat the game. I have to admit, I was worried about this going in. They didn't have a lot to work with since the last game was 25 years old so I wasn't sure what to expect. However they found a nice balance between the two styles of combat and the perfect length for the plot. I thought it would be too short, and it would have been had the twist not occurred. They managed to make it work without feeling drawn out while also making the plot flow at a natural pace.

I may have finished but I can tell I'm not done with this game. I still need to get weapons with perfect stats, beat everything on level 9, gett all the idols, offer hearts to Palutena, and complete all the challenges. This stuff is going to keep me busy for a long time and that's not even counting the multiplayer. The 3DS has some good games in Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and OOT and Star Fox 3D but I think this game beats them all. It's the best game yet for the system with superb presentation and replay value. I give it a 10 out of 10.
Last Edited by Kostya; 03-30-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Khaoabunga, Shinespark
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Has returned.

Speaking of offering hearts to Palutena (read Kostya's post), what does it do for you? I know it says there's no reward, but I'm skeptical. Does is change the conversations between Pit and Palutena in-game, or does it ultimately give you more hearts, or...

WHAT DOES IT DO?! xD

So far I've offered 24,000 hearts.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Custom User Title

24000?! I have barely given her 1200!

I'm really curious to know if something will ever happen, but seeing how nothing happens even if I were to give her 20 times the hearts I've offered, I don't think I'm exactly close

Oh, I totally tried intensity 9 for the first time today.

IT'S FREAKING CRAZY.

Seriously, just a few hits and you're dead, and there's stuff coming from EVERYWHERE, you just can't stop moving for even a second, and that was only on the first stage, I only managed to beat 7, but I think I could handle 8.

9? I'd have to practice a lot.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Has returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
24000?! I have barely given her 1200!

I'm really curious to know if something will ever happen, but seeing how nothing happens even if I were to give her 20 times the hearts I've offered, I don't think I'm exactly close

Oh, I totally tried intensity 9 for the first time today.

IT'S FREAKING CRAZY.

Seriously, just a few hits and you're dead, and there's stuff coming from EVERYWHERE, you just can't stop moving for even a second, and that was only on the first stage, I only managed to beat 7, but I think I could handle 8.

9? I'd have to practice a lot.
Yeah, it's what happens after you've accumulated around 300,000 hearts with nothing good in the store.

If you thought level 9 intensity was rough for you, try flying in that circular motion with the buttons. ;-;

My thumb was practically given a steel coating after I finished the level. I seriously need the Circle Pad Pro. xD
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Light Spirit

I know Palutena takes over again after the Chaos Kin arc is done but before that you can offer hearts to her as well. Is there a way to switch between them? I haven't found it.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya View Post
I know Palutena takes over again after the Chaos Kin arc is done but before that you can offer hearts to her as well. Is there a way to switch between them? I haven't found it.
You can totally change back to Viridi on the options, can't remember where exactly, but I remember seeing the option in there, should even change the appearance of the Solo menu and all that. I'm staying with Palutena, though, I like Viridi, but I just can't worship her.
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
You can totally change back to Viridi on the options, can't remember where exactly, but I remember seeing the option in there, should even change the appearance of the Solo menu and all that. I'm staying with Palutena, though, I like Viridi, but I just can't worship her.
Eh, maybe I'll do that if I max out the number of hearts you can offer to Palutena.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Disaster Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Quin
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Qnez Wii U ID: Gunzelino 3DS ID: 4511-0457-1518
View Posts: 5,643

I'm really loving this game so far, the single player is very replayable, and long, so you'll spend a lot of time there. The dialogue and characters are awesome and the game play was much funner then I expected. Ground controls take a lot of getting used to, but after that its not that bad. Multiplayer is addicting and a great way to gain new weapons. Also loads and loads of content that puts games like starfox 3DS really to shame.

I'm using a Palutena bow right now, but its value is quite low so I'm trying to make a new one right now. Also trying to get atleast one good weapon from each class.
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Super High School Level Video Game Message Board Poster
Send a message via AIM to Hoopy Frood
Steam ID: powerageshadow
View Posts: 6,862

Mother of ❤❤❤❤ing god this game is good.

It took me a bit of time to tweak the controls to my liking, and a bit longer to get fully used to them but now that I am damn.

Best game on the 3DS right now, hands down.

Let's Play/Game Commentary |Twitter | Gaming Blog

Voted #1 Biggest Video Game Nerd Summer 2014
Last Edited by Hoopy Frood; 04-01-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Twilit Mask of Time Twilit Mask of Time is a male United States Twilit Mask of Time is offline
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,505

I beat the campaign today, and I have to say it was fantastic. I love pretty much everything about this game. Everything is just so rewarding, and that is really really refreshing. I feel like I have a reason to go back and play through all of the stages over and over again, and I have done it with a few stages already.

Also, I'm not very good at it, but multiplayer is loads of fun. Easily some of the best on the system.

What I would like to believe
AT:SS-MC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL-OoT-WW-PH-ST
CT:SS-MC-FS/fSA-LoZ/AoL-OoT-MM-TP-Alttp/OoX/LA
Last Edited by Twilit Mask of Time; 04-01-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 AM
we have outfoxed the fox, which makes us very bloody foxy

View Posts: 4,879

After reading loads of reviews for Kid Icarus Uprising I really want to get the game. Problem is I'm left handed and it seems the controls are already pretty hard to master for right handers. I was wondering how left handers are coping with the controls. Does it just take some time to get over? Or are there alternatives?
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM
__
View Posts: 8,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBean View Post
After reading loads of reviews for Kid Icarus Uprising I really want to get the game. Problem is I'm left handed and it seems the controls are already pretty hard to master for right handers. I was wondering how left handers are coping with the controls. Does it just take some time to get over? Or are there alternatives?
From what I understand, the Circle Pad Pro gives you the option to flip the controls. For other options, you can use the face buttons to move Pit (which I really don't recommend), and apparently they also give you the option of using a touch screen "circle pad" with your right thumb, which also probably doesn't alleviate much.

So for this game, it looks like the circle pad extension is your best bet, but I'm not a lefty and I'm not speaking from experience.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Silver Lining Silver Lining is a male United States Silver Lining is offline
Excelsior.
View Posts: 3,155

I wasn't planning on picking this up anytime soon, but after reading so many good impressions of the game from people, I went ahead and ordered it online. Should ship to me next week sometime. Can't wait! I really wasn't paying all that much attention to this game until the last minute and learning about the loads of content it has. Probably the quickest turnaround in excitement I ever had for a video game.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
we have outfoxed the fox, which makes us very bloody foxy

View Posts: 4,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonch View Post
From what I understand, the Circle Pad Pro gives you the option to flip the controls. For other options, you can use the face buttons to move Pit (which I really don't recommend), and apparently they also give you the option of using a touch screen "circle pad" with your right thumb, which also probably doesn't alleviate much.

So for this game, it looks like the circle pad extension is your best bet, but I'm not a lefty and I'm not speaking from experience.
Thanks for the advice. I'm kind of hesitant to fork over an extra 15 for such a clunky peripheral though. It also looks like an awkward control scheme with how far away the second circle pad is from the 3DS.

I might just try and use it with the normal controls. I tried practising using the stylus in my right hand (I'm weird, I know) and I feel like it's something I could get used to. Maybe I'll become ambidextrous in the process.
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Twili
View Posts: 439

I've been playing the online multiplayer a fair bit, and man is it addictive! Matches get started really quickly, and the whole thing is practically lag-free. Moreover, it's tons of fun, very fast paced and action-packed, with some great stages and power-ups, not to mention that all the weapon- and item-customization options from the singleplayer mode carry over to the multiplayer. When I first tried the mode out a week ago I got slaughtered and actually gave it up for a while, but after dramatically improving my weapon- and item-setup (not to mention my fighting strategy) I'm doing much better, usually finishing in the top 3 on Free-For-All. But even when I'm not doing that well I'm still generally happy with the playing session, since these are the kind of multiplayer battles that are very entertaining even if you end up losing (as long as you're not getting completely destroyed). The battles also earn you different goodies like hearts and weapons, which is really nice.

Light vs. Dark is also pretty cool, a nice twist on regular ol' team battles, but I'll probably spend most of my time playing the Free-For-All.
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Eh Steve!
View Posts: 303

I beat the game a few days ago and I am in love with it. The dialogue is charming and the game-play is fast-paced and challenging. Its going to take quite a bit more time to finish all the treasure hunting, I managed to finish Viridi's though =D

I saw a few people posting strategies for online play. I've got this awesome strategy of using Trade-off in conjunction with Pisces Heal. Gives major attack boost that mows down stuff. I've seen people using a really brutal one where they use clubs, like the black club and give it invisible shots. A strong ranged hit that you'll never see coming =(.

#100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM
__
View Posts: 8,498

I swear to high hell this game's soundtrack is one of the best to ever come out of a Nintendo game.

Jesus Christ.