Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
The Hero Of Timelords The Hero Of Timelords is a male United States The Hero Of Timelords is offline
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme
Send a message via AIM to The Hero Of Timelords Send a message via Skype™ to The Hero Of Timelords
View Posts: 532
Doctor Who: The Eternity clock

For any Whovians out there, I just discovered this today. BBC Worldwide recently announced that on March 3rd they will be releasing a Doctor Who game for PS3, with a PC version coming sometime after.

Personally, I think the game looks decent. Definitely not an amazing game, but 100% worth playing if you're a Doctor Who fan.

The game sports 2-player co-op with the players taking control of the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) and River Song, the Doctor's wife.

There's the trailer, what do you guys think about it so far?
Last Edited by Avalanchemike; 02-28-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460
Re: Doctor Who: The Eternity clock

I hope my PC can run it...

because I REAlLY wanna get this.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
The Hero Of Timelords The Hero Of Timelords is a male United States The Hero Of Timelords is offline
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme
Send a message via AIM to The Hero Of Timelords Send a message via Skype™ to The Hero Of Timelords

It looks pretty awesome. I think it's also going to be on the PSV. That wold probably be the cheapest alternative if your PC cannot handle it.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Douchebag Supreme
View Posts: 1,089

I love Doctor Who but this game looks like ❤❤❤❤ guys. Graphics looks like something that would barely pass as a launch window Gamecube title, and the gameplay reminds me of a clunky and worse controller version of Metroid: Other M which also sucked. The company making the game has also only made Level Packs for Little Big Planet... This doesn't look like it's going to end well.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme

I like to keep optimistic. Like I said, it doesn't look like an amazing game, but it doesn't look terrible. Graphics don't matter that much to me, only thing I'm really iffy about is how the gameplay and storyline will be. I'm still going to get it, though. I'll do a little mini-review when i get it:p
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Hve­rungr
3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,265

Doctor Who game?

CURSES!!!! I havent the console for it.

And who cares about the graphics as long as the game is fun!

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
1 person liked this post: Tabby
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme

Like I said, it's available for the Vita is a cheaper alternative, and there is also a planned PC release in the near future.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,951

Hmm, Silence, eh. Might have to look into it.

Brings my list of Vita games I want up to five. Still not enough to warrant buying one though, sadly.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,951

Hmm, Silence, eh. Might have to look into it.

Brings my list of Vita games I want up to five. Still not enough to warrant buying one though, sadly.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme

If I get the Vita, this would be the first game I got for it. But I'll probably just play it on my PS3.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoras Past View Post
I like to keep optimistic. Like I said, it doesn't look like an amazing game, but it doesn't look terrible. Graphics don't matter that much to me, only thing I'm really iffy about is how the gameplay and storyline will be. I'm still going to get it, though. I'll do a little mini-review when i get it:p
A) It does look terrible. Graphics or no. It looks like the movement is clunky, the trailer consisted of showing cutscenes interspersed with footage of running and jumping (which implies to me that you won't be doing much of anything in the levels) with some random puzzles that are separate from the primary gameplay. I don't mind a game that consists of nothing but platforming and chases if it is well designed and has tight controls and this trailer shows me neither of these things.

B) I'm all for the "Graphics don't matter" philosophy but when you're getting weak-for-a-PS2-game graphical quality and around fifteen or twenty frames per second, that's indicative of a general lack of production value that will undoubtedly also be seen in other areas of the game.

C) After the tail episodes of last season I am sick and ❤❤❤❤ing tired of River Song. Seriously. Enough with her, writer guys. You rode her into the ground.
1 person liked this post: Nensense
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 AM
SpyroPDX Raver Supreme

I kinda enjoyed it. river is one of my favorite characters, so I am more than happy to see some more of her. I have a feeling she won't be as prominent next season. It's just she was the central plot twist for s06. And a good twist, IMO.
1 person liked this post: Tabby
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostOfMandrag View Post
C) After the tail episodes of last season I am sick and ❤❤❤❤ing tired of River Song. Seriously. Enough with her, writer guys. You rode her into the ground.
Agreed.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Dragon dildo
Steam ID: captainfalcons
View Posts: 455

I think you guys should play a ps2 game again to see that what you're saying about the graphics is nonsense.I don't know if we didn't watch the same video,but it clearly has graphics that are a lot better than any ps2 game.
Last Edited by SUPREMEJUDGE; 02-29-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote