Oh, forgot to add these;
The Zelda series is not losing steam, I throughly enjoyed Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess as much as any other Zelda.
The Sims is one of the best gaming franchises, ever.
Nintendo should never have sold Rare to Microsoft.
Its one of the reasons im not enjoying Skyward Sword as much as i'd like.
I can agree that a game being particularly hard ruins the enjoyment, as it does for me as well, but I didn't really find Skyward Sword to be too hard. Harder than most games in the series, of course, in regards to enemies. Did you personally find it too hard? I'm just curious to see someone else's view. I found it greatly reasonable even in Hero Mode for a lot of the time... except for Lizalfos. In Hero Mode, those particular enemies were terribly hard, taking double damage at the same time as being very hard to lay a single hit on. It was Zelda II all over again with the Lizalfos in Skyward Sword's Hero Mode. I dread the thought of getting to the Stalfos warriors in that mode.
I don't mind voice acting as an atmospheric element, but I hate it when heavy voice acting is used for most of the primary script. (FFXII is a rare exception.)
I like Wii better than NES, SNES, and N64.
I very much dislike dual-analog control for first-person aiming.
2D Mario is in general much better than 3D Mario.
Other M was a pretty good game, though it doesn't approach the Prime series, Fusion, or Zero Mission.
So was Phantom Hourglass.
I did not find A Link to the Past or Super Metroid to be very enjoyable.
If Skyward Sword had more levels/world areas and more enemies (both enemy types and greater frequency), it would be the greatest game ever.
I liked Golden Sun: The Lost Age more than the original.
Dark Dawn's only problems were the pacing (too much pointless dialogue) and the ending.
I don't like Final Fantasy Tactics.
I don't like Final Fantasy IV-VI very much.
I liked Final Fantasy XII a lot.
Yeah. Its one of the reasons im not enjoying Skyward Sword as much as i'd like.
Yup, that's particularly what got to me about the game. It had many parts that were frustrating. I don't know exactly where you are in the game, but for me it wasn't just the Silent Realms, some of the objectives later on in the game can also be pretty frustrating.
Originally Posted by cloneofshadow
This has now become a troll and don't get flamed at thread.
Yes, because opinions that don't agree with yours are trolling.
Alright, got more time now to make a full list so...
-The Xbox 360 is the best console out in the market right now.
-I don't see any difference whatsoever between 360 and PS3 graphics
-In contrast, I think the Wii is the worst, most overrated console out there, only with a few good games
-Mass Effect 3 is going to be using EA's Origin instead of Steam. I'm pleased with this announcement.
-I believe SS deserves either a 9/10 or 10/10
-Gears of War 3 is the best in the trilogy
-Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is the best PC game ever
-PC gaming is currently and will always be superior to console gaming, if it is much more expensive
-Halo 3 is indeed the best of the Halo's and the best FPS multiplayer experience on the 360
-Battlefield 2142 is the best multiplayer game in general to date
-I LOVE Ilia in TP
-In fact, I love TP more than OoT, WW, and MM (still making up my mind where it stands with SS)
-I don't care for the original LoZ
-The Zelda series needs to start placing as much emphasis with its stories as it does with its gameplay
-Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie was the best N64 game(s)
-^Nuts and Bolts was still good
-Steam really, really, REALLY sucks.
-Assassin's Creed II is indeed the best out of all of them so far
-Nazi Zombies should be a stand-alone game, and it would be AWESOME
-Xbox Live Gold is worth it (and yes, I do pay for it myself)
-WoW however is NOT worth the $15 a month subscription
-WoW in general wasn't that great
-Most of MM sidequests were a waste of time
-I don't really care for the Mario series anymore. Only the old ones (pre-N64)
-The Witcher 2 is GoTY
-Nintendo fanboys are the worst category of fanboys
-Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 suck
And others. I'll just cut off the list there
Born to fight
Trained to kill
Ready to die
But never will
PC Gaming Is Horrible
Nintendo is a horrible company that should have never existed
Almost all Nintendo games are horrible
Final Fantasy is a Terrible series
Dualshock is a horrible controller
The 360 has the best D-Pad for Fighting games
The WiiMote is the best control to use for Brawl
Resident Evil 5 is the best in the series
Metroid Other M > Prime 1-3
Skyrim is a horrible, buggy games
Original Xbox was the best console ever made
Zelda 2 is the highest quality the series will ever get
Sonic 06 is one of the best games ever made
The Wolf form in Sonic Unleashed was done perfectly
Call of Duty was one of the most innovative games ever made
RPGs in general are horrible
Chrono Cross > Chrono Trigger
Tripping was a good idea to add into fighting games
The Mega Man in SFxT is one of the best incarnations
The Wii had the best online service this console generation
Friend Codes are a perfect system
-Nazi Zombies should be a stand-alone game, and it would be AWESOME
I agree. Treyarch doesn't make great CoD anyway. They should stick to what they ARE good at.
Originally Posted by Lex
I hate using a PC for gaming.
Bethesda games are incredibly boring.
Zelda should have voice acting.
Borderlands is the best shooter of this generation.
Silent Hill is better than Resident Evil.
The re-voice for Silent Hill 2 sounds just as good as the original.
HD remakes are great.
Sonic Adventure 1/2 are great games. (Even if the voice acting is horrible.)
Tales of Symphonia had a good storyline.
CoD is awesome.
JRPG's aren't getting stale (Just play ATLUS games, you fools!)
Mario Sunshine is the best Mario game.
Code Veronica is easily the best Resident Evil.
Gee, that's all I got for the moment.
Oh, and Pokemon should just stop now. R/S/E were the last good ones.
- I'm of the sincere belief that, currently, Tetris is the best video game ever created.
- I do believe that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game of them all thanks to consistently solid dungeon design (with some of the finest dungeons in the series), good combat, excellent bosses and mini-bosses, a great soundtrack, a fascinating and varied game world, and the best use of a villain in the franchise yet.
- Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Portal are all contenders for my "Most overrated series of this generation" award.
- The Old Republic is not a better MMO than World of Warcraft.
- I've had more fun with Call of Duty on the PS3/360 than I've had with any other game on those systems.
- I consider the 3DS a better system than the DS thanks to the simplicity of the channels, the Virtual Console, the Ambassador games, and backward-compatibility that makes my DS superfluous. Whether this upgrade was worth $250 is an entirely different question though.
- I'm actually looking forward to Mario Party 9.
- I think Other M is as bad as they say, thanks to awkward game design on top of the absolutely horrendous story and utter butchering of Samus Aran as a character.
- I consider MC to be the worst Zelda game I've played, or least entertaining one. As of this moment the only Zelda games I haven't played are FSA and OoS.
- I think MM is the worst of the 3D Zeldas due to its very disappointingly short length, the emphasis on boring sidequests as well as an underwhelming villain that doesn't hold a candle to Ganondorf in OoT or WW.
- I find the extreme exaggeration of Navi as "annoying" to be dry, boring and stupid.
- I think the Wii and DS was the best generation Nintendo has ever had both in terms of commercial success as well as games produced for the systems.
- Final Fantasy XII is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, Western or Japanese. It's only overtaken ever so slightly by Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Skyward Sword has the best combat out of all the Zelda games, but the worst overworld and some of the weakest dungeons of the 3D Zelda (not counting Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass).
- The greatest game of the last decade was probably World of Warcraft.
- I think Radiant Dawn is a pretty good game and I liked it much better than Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem (GBA) or Sacred Stones.
- Pokémon Black and White were better than Diamond/Pearl and Ruby/Sapphire.
- The Vita manages to interest me even less than the PSP did.
- Nintendo hasn't even scratched the potential of the best that the Zelda series can be.
Here my post for this thread
-I hate a majority of the 2d zelda except Adventure of link.
-I Enjoy the final fantasy XIII-2 demo.
-I like skyward sword more then twilight princess.
-Like Pokemon gen 4 more then pokemon gen 3.
-Western Role playing game are overrated.
All first person shooters are the same.....so Call of Duty to me is nothing special
I do believe that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game of them all thanks to consistently solid dungeon design (with some of the finest dungeons in the series), good combat, excellent bosses and mini-bosses, a great soundtrack, a fascinating and varied game world, and the best use of a villain in the franchise yet.
How's this controversial? Isn't Ocarina of Time universally well regarded by fans?