Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #701 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Kuya Kuya is a male Philippines Kuya is offline
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eryth
View Posts: 8,345
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

The animations in the 2D versions are way better than the 3D versions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #702 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Valhelm Valhelm is a male United States Valhelm is offline
vladith
Send a message via Skype™ to Valhelm
Steam ID: Vladith
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
View Posts: 8,853
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

I think that, for the most part, the towns and cities in Oblivion were better than Skyrim's.
Last Edited by Valhelm; 02-22-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #703 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Asgard
View Posts: 22,497
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Macintosh View Post
Fire Emblem should never have made the jump to 3D. The 2D sprites were wonderful.
Radiant Dawn has ok animations. It was a step up from the previous game. But i do kinda agree. The 2D sprites were awesome. The DS game's sprites were atrocious.
__________________

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
Reply With Quote
  #704 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
insaney insaney is a male Trinidad and Tobago insaney is offline
Bang bang! Down down!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your mirror
View Posts: 27,442
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Link View Post
-Allowing bosses to heal during battle is incredibly cheap, especially if they're strong.
"Oh! You managed to make it half-way through my series of attacks? HERP DERP DIARAHAN"

*Heals 9999HP*

❤❤❤❤ing Elizabeth (P3) and Margaret (P4).
Reply With Quote
  #705 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Durgey Durgey is a male United Kingdom Durgey is offline
Akiba White
Send a message via Skype™ to Durgey
Steam ID: Durgey
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edinburgh
View Posts: 244
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Well here's a list of stuff other people tend to diagree with...

I liked Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2
Mario Galaxy was the most disappointing game I've ever played
I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game
I don't like any of the Half-life games
I think World of Warcraft is still pretty good
Reply With Quote
  #706 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Macintosh View Post
Fire Emblem should never have made the jump to 3D. The 2D sprites were wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Bawks View Post
The animations in the 2D versions are way better than the 3D versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhaym Van Houten View Post
Radiant Dawn has ok animations. It was a step up from the previous game. But i do kinda agree. The 2D sprites were awesome. The DS game's sprites were atrocious.

Fire Emblem 3DS would like to say hi.
Reply With Quote
  #707 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
BloodRawKnuckle BloodRawKnuckle is a male United States BloodRawKnuckle is offline
I am the Video Game Engine of War!!
Join Date: Apr 2005
View Posts: 1,375
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

-I found Fire Emblem a painfully boring RPG and a prime example of why I think "play it for the story"/"Story over Gameplay" is a terrible structure. A few cool characters didn't help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Killington View Post
Her menstrual cycle gives her super powers? I wish I was a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Down View Post
Forget Malon, Marin, Ruto, Zelda, Medli, Nooberu, Midna, Ilia and Aryl -
I present to you the only woman who captured Link's heart and loins:

Last Edited by BloodRawKnuckle; 02-22-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #708 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,524
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgey View Post
Mario Galaxy was the most disappointing game I've ever played



__________________

???

Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: BloodRawKnuckle, Boxer Briefs, The Doctor
  #709 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Kuya Kuya is a male Philippines Kuya is offline
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eryth
View Posts: 8,345
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post

Fire Emblem 3DS would like to say hi.
The 2D sprites still look better.
__________________
Last Edited by Kuya; 02-22-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #710 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,927
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRawEngine89 View Post
-I found Fire Emblem a painfully boring RPG and a prime example of why I think "play it for the story"/"Story over Gameplay" is a terrible structure. A few cool characters didn't help.
I think you are wrong. And that's my controversial opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #711 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Kuya Kuya is a male Philippines Kuya is offline
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eryth
View Posts: 8,345
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRawEngine89 View Post
-I found Fire Emblem a painfully boring RPG and a prime example of why I think "play it for the story"/"Story over Gameplay" is a terrible structure. A few cool characters didn't help.
Er... FE was more like "gameplay over story". Just look at Sacred Stones.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #712 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,881
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Luigi's Mansion is better than both Mario Galaxy games.
Reply With Quote
  #713 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Big Daddy Big Daddy is a male United States Big Daddy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Wall
View Posts: 447
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi View Post
Of course, the only sizable defense one could bring up or the sake of FF13 is the melodramatic (stupid) cut scenes ....because why else would you play FF? For a good RPG gaming experience? Heavens no.



"Moms are tough."

I actually did quit hitting auto-battle after a while and the game still sucks. I only mentioned it in my previous posts just because I find it hilarious that the feature exists in a game that -plays it self before the player even starts using auto battle-. The game rewarded nothing but mindless offense regardless of if you were using auto-battle or not. There was almost no reason to ever do anything else but attack.

But regardless, your defense on this subject brings me to a certain thing about gamer logic that makes very little sense.
That is the act of criticizing another player for using an option that the game makes readily available for you as a means to finish it. It's not like using auto-battle is cheating, nor is the game even remotely "challenging" without the use of it.

Well, at least it wasn't for me.

FF13 is the product of what fans have allowed modern day square to become; a company that sells their product by using things like visuals and "deep story telling" to excuse uninspired and shoddy game design. I played the game for hours and I still wasn't having fun. So why the hell would I -logically- finish it?

Oh, but my opinion on a game is invalid because I didn't play the ENTIRE thing. Despite playing it enough to get a feel for the game design and decide if I liked it.....no, had to see the credits roll for my opinion to count. Right.

lol "I don't take you seriously, here's my response to you!"
I never said using auto-battle was cheating. But you can't complain about it when you're given the option to not use it.

What's uninspired about the game? The story, setting, and characters are completely original, free of bull❤❤❤❤ cliches that the old Final Fantasies have used for hundreds of years.


You're damn right I don't take you seriously, since if you thought the game was easy, you probably didn't get past the sixth chapter. Fine, saying that you need to beat the game to understand it is untrue, but all of your concerns, like how the game was uninspired, too easy and that it played for itself, are invalid since the game shows marvelous worlds, bosses that require strategy to beat, at about fourteen hours in. The characters develop and show their weaknesses throughout the story; you can't rush it.





Uninspired? Shoddy game design?

And I obviously said the only thing I care about are the graphics and storytelling, right? Never mind the 6 unique roles for all 6 characters, the hundred accessories, weapons, and ugprading. Never mind enemies like the Raktavija that don't take damage from any attacks, all you have to do is hit auto-battle to win, right? I'd like to see you hit auto-battle and win a battle in Chapter 11.
__________________


- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

Last Edited by Big Daddy; 02-22-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Fal'Cie
  #714 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
What's uninspired about the game? The story, setting, and characters are completely original, free of bull❤❤❤❤ cliches that the old Final Fantasies have used for hundreds of years.



Just sayin'.

Along with them basically admitting that Lightning is "a female Cloud Strife" and the plot being a combination of VII's super steampunk and X's religious conspiracy.

There's a certain point where you start having to use "strategy" but this basically amounts to setting up effective buff/debuff, healing/defensive, and offensive paradigms and switching between them at the obvious moments. Some bosses require a bit of attention to their attack patterns (and these are the best battles in the game), but in general you can buff yourself to high heavens and attack like crazy and you'll win.
__________________
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 02-22-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #715 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
BloodRawKnuckle BloodRawKnuckle is a male United States BloodRawKnuckle is offline
I am the Video Game Engine of War!!
Join Date: Apr 2005
View Posts: 1,375
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
I think you are wrong. And that's my controversial opinion.
Fine, I'll admit I was making a gross overestimation with the "a few cool characters" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Bawks
Er... FE was more like "gameplay over story". Just look at Sacred Stones.
Too bad I still find the gameplay to be way too boring anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Killington View Post
Her menstrual cycle gives her super powers? I wish I was a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Down View Post
Forget Malon, Marin, Ruto, Zelda, Medli, Nooberu, Midna, Ilia and Aryl -
I present to you the only woman who captured Link's heart and loins:

Last Edited by BloodRawKnuckle; 02-22-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #716 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,927
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRawEngine89 View Post
Fine, I'll admit I was making a gross overestimation with the "a few cool characters" part.

Too bad I still find the gameplay to be way too boring anyway.
You are still wrong, in my eyes. And that is why this opinion is still, controversial.
Reply With Quote
  #717 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Kaylomaylo Kaylomaylo is a female United States Kaylomaylo is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The middle of nowhere.
View Posts: 60
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

My "controversial" gaming opinions?
Honey, you don't want to know.

1- Graphics should not matter when you're picking out game to buy.
2- I like linear games that give you the feel of exploration, but keep you on a predetermined path.
3- I bought a 3DS at launch. That statement alone should say enough.
4- I value replayability over the actual amount of time it takes to finish a game.
5- The GameCube is my favorite Nintendo console.
__________________

Signature made by yours truly. Best Zelda quote ever. :]
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6103-8665 PM me if you add me!
Last Edited by Kaylomaylo; 02-23-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: BloodRawKnuckle, Kuya
  #718 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Big Daddy Big Daddy is a male United States Big Daddy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Wall
View Posts: 447
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post



Just sayin'.

Along with them basically admitting that Lightning is "a female Cloud Strife" and the plot being a combination of VII's super steampunk and X's religious conspiracy.

There's a certain point where you start having to use "strategy" but this basically amounts to setting up effective buff/debuff, healing/defensive, and offensive paradigms and switching between them at the obvious moments. Some bosses require a bit of attention to their attack patterns (and these are the best battles in the game), but in general you can buff yourself to high heavens and attack like crazy and you'll win.
Just saying what? Black guy with an afro? Cliche? Yeah, but you're missing the point; Sazh has to live with the guilt of his son turning into crystal, he's depressed and has thoughts of suicide over blaming himself for his son's eternal rest. Sazh is a very deep character, but if you only looked at his appearance, you wouldn't find that. Compare this to the archetypal hero bull❤❤❤❤ early-mid FF games have, and you can see the characters in 13 have a lot more depth and nuances.

And oh God.
Lightning does not = Cloud! Okay. In the early stages of development, Toriyama told Nomura to create a strong, independent female, "someone like Cloud", but she doesn't look or act like him in the slightest.

I've never played 10, but 13's plot is not at all like 7's.

And how is 13's battle system any worse than any other JRPG's? It's sure as hell more complex than say, Golden Sun's.
__________________


- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

Last Edited by Big Daddy; 02-23-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #719 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,524
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylomaylo View Post
3- I bought a 3DS at launch. That statement alone should say enough.
I hope you're not using this as saying you're the biggest Nintendo fan ever. I've been a huge Nintendo all my life, but I'm also extremely poor. Thus, I wasn't able to get a 3DS when it first came out. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than you though.
__________________

???

Reply With Quote
  #720 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 02:50 AM
13th Canada 13th is offline
Crimson and Clover, over and over
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tittymadouche, Nova Scotia
View Posts: 4,259
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

I think it's controversial because at launch new systems are generally higher priced than they are a few weeks or months later, and the 3DS wasn't that big a thing. For a lot of the community, there didn't seem to be that huge a pull for it, because it lacked opening day games, so it seemed pointless at first because it wasn't really that useful until other games began to get released.
__________________
Of all the ships the most
Important is FRIENDSHIP
They always care<3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -