$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#681 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923
Re: Your "Controversial" Gaming Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi View Post
FF13 is seriously one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. I couldn't even finish it. The game practically plays itself for you (lol auto battle) the pacing was just horrible.

I thought it was so bad that I don't even take interest in the series anymore after that entry.

I don't doubt that the new one is an improvement, but KH2 was an improvement over kh1 and that game sucked too.
That isn't a controversial opinion.
  #682 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
View Posts: 1,515

While there's no doubt it's the hardest Zelda game, Adventure of Link is not as difficult as everybody says.
  #683 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,635

The so called "non-linear" segment in FFXIII was probably the worst part of the game.
  #684 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhaym Van Houten View Post
In the past decade, yes...this is most definitely true. In the old days, Square was pretty damn cool. Making decent games with pretty cool stories and junk. Nowadays? Nah. Now its like "how angsty can we make the protagonist? How stupidly complicated can we make a battle system? How many zippers and belts can we put in character design?" No one Monolith Soft went "You guys can go eat dicks." D:<

Enix was pretty cool at one time too....

I'm not really a fan of SE, but I agree.

The one thing that does annoy me with SE is their current status with Final Fantasy.

I'm not a fan of FF but it annoys me in general when it feels as if the developers purposely ignore the fans. That's what it seems like SE is doing with FF.
  #685 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 14,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuit View Post
The so called "non-linear" segment in FFXIII was probably the worst part of the game.
Non-linear, but still nothing to do. If there's not going to be anything to do, might as well keep it linear, really.
  #686 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
so ridoclus
Send a message via Skype™ to Jordan
Steam ID: deafas♥♥♥♥
View Posts: 10,866

honestly sometimes I think developers confuse non-linear gaming with just being lazy and having everything be vague boring and general enough so it will all fit together eventually. Totally unrelated, does anybody here know that game Final Fantasy X-2?
1 person liked this post: BloodRawKnuckle
  #687 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

I tried playing it for two hours before I finally succumbed to the beast within. My memory of the proceedings are unclear but when I came to the Playstation was a fine black powder.
  #688 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
View Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi View Post
FF13 is seriously one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. I couldn't even finish it. The game practically plays itself for you (lol auto battle) the pacing was just horrible.

I thought it was so bad that I don't even take interest in the series anymore after that entry.

I don't doubt that the new one is an improvement, but KH2 was an improvement over kh1 and that game sucked too.
(lol don't use it). Obviously the game'll play for you if you hit "auto battle". -__- If you want it to be more challenging, select the abilities for yourself. The pacing wasn't horrible; I don't know what you're talking about. The story is one of the best parts of the game. They're regular people who have been branded outcasts. They all have problems of their own, and we see this (Sazh's depression; Vanille's bubbly, cheerful demeanor masks her inner sadness) throughout the story. I also can't take your criticism seriously, since you "couldn't even finish it".

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
Non-linear, but still nothing to do. If there's not going to be anything to do, might as well keep it linear, really.
Right, because chocobo riding, tons of secret areas, treasures and 64 missions is nothing to do.

- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

#689 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 PM

Hey, hey, I liked the game, but I didn't enjoy the open areas.
Last Edited by Ty; 02-20-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #690 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
I also can't take your criticism seriously, since you "couldn't even finish it".
I think if any game is bad enough to make me stop playing, it is a failure as a game.
  #691 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
It's a ribbon!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763

View Posts: 27,390

It is not controversial opinion that the game is pretty mediocre. It's not a horrible, face-clawing game by any means.

I did like the game (played it twice), there's the option to disable the auto-battle from showing up at all. That shouldn't be a problem. Using auto-battle and then complaining is like willingly cutting yourself and complaining that it hurts and that someone is making you do it.

It wasn't the best jrpg ever. It was an alright game that could've used a lot of improvements.
Last Edited by insaney; 02-20-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #692 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
View Posts: 5,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
(lol don't use it). Obviously the game'll play for you if you hit "auto battle". -__- If you want it to be more challenging, select the abilities for yourself. The pacing wasn't horrible; I don't know what you're talking about. The story is one of the best parts of the game. They're regular people who have been branded outcasts. They all have problems of their own, and we see this (Sazh's depression; Vanille's bubbly, cheerful demeanor masks her inner sadness) throughout the story. I also can't take your criticism seriously, since you "couldn't even finish it".[COLOR="Silver"]
Of course, the only sizable defense one could bring up or the sake of FF13 is the melodramatic (stupid) cut scenes ....because why else would you play FF? For a good RPG gaming experience? Heavens no.

"Moms are tough."

I actually did quit hitting auto-battle after a while and the game still sucks. I only mentioned it in my previous posts just because I find it hilarious that the feature exists in a game that -plays it self before the player even starts using auto battle-. The game rewarded nothing but mindless offense regardless of if you were using auto-battle or not. There was almost no reason to ever do anything else but attack.

But regardless, your defense on this subject brings me to a certain thing about gamer logic that makes very little sense.
That is the act of criticizing another player for using an option that the game makes readily available for you as a means to finish it. It's not like using auto-battle is cheating, nor is the game even remotely "challenging" without the use of it.

Well, at least it wasn't for me.

FF13 is the product of what fans have allowed modern day square to become; a company that sells their product by using things like visuals and "deep story telling" to excuse uninspired and shoddy game design. I played the game for hours and I still wasn't having fun. So why the hell would I -logically- finish it?

Oh, but my opinion on a game is invalid because I didn't play the ENTIRE thing. Despite playing it enough to get a feel for the game design and decide if I liked it.....no, had to see the credits roll for my opinion to count. Right.

lol "I don't take you seriously, here's my response to you!"
Last Edited by Tigerboi; 02-20-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #693 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Story was pretty deep in that game. those characters had some of the most interesting, deep personalities out there. In my opinion anyway. It really was a treat to get to witness.
  #694 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
View Posts: 5,061

I told you, moms are tough.
  #695 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 AM

Hey, giving birth is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly for like, an hour, so they have to be.
  #696 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 AM
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
View Posts: 2,594

Quote:
Hey, giving birth is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly for like, an hour, so they have to be.
I remember that joke from Friends, Chandler tells a woman who has about to give birth "Hey, you know, what would be more painful, giving birth or getting kicked in the nuts? I mean, it's funny because noone will ever experience both pains so there's not an answer..."

On topic: I've only cleared one mission in Halo 2, and it's the only part in the game and entire series I enjoyed playing.
Last Edited by DeiStar; 02-21-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #697 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei~ View Post
I remember that joke from Friends, Chandler tells a woman who has about to give birth "Hey, you know, what would be more painful, giving birth or getting kicked in the nuts? I mean, it's funny because noone will ever experience both pains so there's not an answer..."

On topic: I've only cleared one mission in Halo 2, and it's the only part in the game and entire series I enjoyed playing.
Funny, I used to watch that show all the time, and I don't remember that. I'm sure i've heard it before though.

Anyways, Halo 2 had the best campaign out of the 5 games. Reach being a close second.
  #698 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Twili
View Posts: 424

Quote:
Funny, I used to watch that show all the time, and I don't remember that. I'm sure i've heard it before though.

Anyways, Halo 2 had the best campaign out of the 5 games. Reach being a close second.
Eh, I'd place CE above Reach, but otherwise I'd agree.

-Nier seems a bit of a mixed bag so far. Nothing outstanding but still interesting.

-The Clawshots are the most overrated item in Zelda.

-Alternatively, the Stepladder is the most underrated.
  #699 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
GH3O ▲SS
View Posts: 1,394

-Allowing bosses to heal during battle is incredibly cheap, especially if they're strong.
2 people liked this post: Panique, The Doctor
  #700 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Segfault
View Posts: 1,814

Fire Emblem should never have made the jump to 3D. The 2D sprites were wonderful.