Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#441 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Schizophrenic Pretzel Schizophrenic Pretzel is a female United States Schizophrenic Pretzel is offline
I'm thinking of a number between one and tapioca.
View Posts: 215
Re: What Annoys You? - Gaming Edition!

I think the thing that annoys me the most in games is dealing with glitches that don't allow you to move. I was playing a VS game in Left for Dead and we almost made it to the end. All we had to do was get out of an elevator and make it to the safe room. Sadly, the game decided to randomly put obstacles in the way that made us unable to get out of the elevator. A smoker couldn't pull us out, we couldn't crouch and walk out, and there was no way for us to move the obstacle (a generator?) out of the way.
  #442 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
deimos-remus deimos-remus is a male United States deimos-remus is offline
Thread Killer Extraordinaire.
View Posts: 414

When you don't like a game that everyone else loves, and get attacked for your unpopular opinion.
  #443 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 PM
wubbwubbwubb

View Posts: 3,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimos-remus View Post
When you don't like a game that everyone else loves, and get attacked for your unpopular opinion.
This is so true. I once said that a specific game didn't interest me, and I was attacked by the Internet and "IRL"-friends.

#444 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I want damage reports!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keaton-King
Steam ID: Keaton-King 3DS ID: 4098-4674-3297

View Posts: 4,257

I don't really hate many things about video games, so I'll try to make a short list;

- Kids between the age of 10-13 on Xbox Live
- Attentionwhores on Xbox Live
- Car-related quests/missions in a game that has little to nothing to do with cars
- Timed quests/mission
- Repetitive combo's that only require you to smash X until the enemy is dead
- Dialogue that gives you choices but it all ends the same way anyways
- Usage of same enemy, but in different color and maybe a tad harder
- ❤❤❤❤ed up camera controll
- Long, boring and sometimes hard sidequests/missions that gives you almost nothing in reward
- Same quest/mission, different location
- Bad graphics unless the game is actually old, whats the new games excuse?
- Games that are too long
- Games that are too short
- Games with bad voice actors
- Games with bad ending
- Stupid side-characters that you HAVE to visit often to progress the game
- Easy final bosses that gives you NO challenge

Zelda Games Beaten: LoZ AoL ALttP LA OoT MM OoS OoA FS FSA TWW TP PH ST SS ALbW
  #445 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,484

Sonic Adventure 2
Trying to get A-Rank on Sky Rail
Kiss my ass, Sky Rail
  #446 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
cloneofshadow cloneofshadow is a male United States cloneofshadow is offline
*Placeholder Title*
Send a message via Skype™ to cloneofshadow
View Posts: 1,313

When people bash on a game just for attention.
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
  #447 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Let's eat!
View Posts: 3,039

I know I am new in Fire Emblem but how you move the characters. I know that's the point in the game, but it gets annoying from time to time. You want to move to this one spot and you end up ending 3 or 4 turns.
  #448 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Knight of Skyloft
Steam ID: Spoot
View Posts: 869

So, yesterday I just beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore difficulty mode for the first time, where you are restricted to 3 saves throughout the entire game, and dying puts you back at your last save point. This game usually takes me 8-9 hours to complete, so any setbacks can be quite bad if you don't already have a good idea where you're going to save at.

After beating Hardcore, some cool items are supposed to be unlocked for use in subsequent playthroughs: another suit, and a seriously overpowered, but hilarious, weapon. The weapon is called the "Hand Cannon", and it's in the form of a red foam sports hand (with index finger pointing). It doesn't fire anything visible, and the player character says "Bang!" and "Pew pew pew!" when he "fires" the weapon. It can shred almost any enemy to pieces in just one hit.

The only problem: someone at EA hates PC players. EA has made the PC version of both main Dead Space games inferior to the console versions. In particular, there's this really mean bug in the PC version of DS2 that hasn't been patched and probably never will be: unlike the console versions of DS2, where what I said about unlocking the HC and the suit is all true, the PC version's save counter, or something related to it, is screwed up. Unless you start and complete the game on Hardcore in a single session (including without going to the main menu), you get no special reward for completing the mode.

So, yesterday I beat the game on Hardcore for the first time, and I saw, also for the first time, that I should consequently be getting this hilarious, overpowered weapon for subsequent playthroughs. Well, I started a new game... and there was no weapon. Today, I rectified that situation. Yes, I went through the entire game in one session, though there was one major pause during that time (for sustenance). In the end, I got the prizes, and the HC was worth it. But I HATED, HATED, HATED not being able to use my computer for anything else for 8-9 hours. Fortunately, I only had one death, or else it would have taken me longer and pissed me off more.

tl;dr: I hate when publishers and/or developers screw up one version of a game so that its players need to put a ton more effort into something than players of the other versions do.

For those who don't believe me about unlocking the HC and suit on the PC version of the game: while it isn't proof that I unlocked it, you can go look at my Steam pictures for proof that said items can be obtained on the PC version. Some people have uploaded unlock-enabling save files to file-sharing sites, but I decided to prove my skill (and patience, and lack-of important-things-to-do... -ness), as I love this series. My Steam name is "DeinGesicht".
Last Edited by Left4Cuccos; 05-22-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #449 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 AM
The Regginator The Regginator is a male New Zealand The Regginator is offline
Ass-Kicker, Name-Taker
Send a message via Skype™ to The Regginator
Wii U ID: 80espiay
View Posts: 14,060

So last week I finished the main story of Xenoblade.

What annoys me is the lack of other games out there that offer the specific combination of enjoyable things that Xenoblade offered. What annoys me even more is the fact that my midyear holiday is coming up when this is happening.

Put more broadly, I hate it when I play a game which creates hunger in me for similar experiences, only to never have that hunger satisfied.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
Quote:
[8:29:31 p.m.] Rhiannosaurus Rex: so I ran away cos 40 year old women are not attractive
[8:29:40 p.m.] Rhiannosaurus Rex: but it was a dream so I couldnt run
Last Edited by The Regginator; 05-23-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #450 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimos-remus View Post
When people (not you, deimos) act like this is an issue when they go to a forum specifically for the game they don't like.

If they don't like the game, okay, but do they need to seek out the forums of games they don't like and say so in an environment anyone should be able to work out would contain an above-average population of people who do like the game?

/rant off
  #451 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Steam ID: sikora002
View Posts: 6,528

When an old series announces a spectacular comeback... then it gets cancelled.

Tags
brought what ___ you to, general gaming section, oh god what have i done