Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#241 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica
View Posts: 4,250
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Not this slut. I knew this one was gonna be.

3DS FC
Last Edited by Cayenne Pepper; 03-31-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #242 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 9,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne Pepper View Post
Not this slut. I knew this one was gonna be.
I fail to see the issue. Kairi is now going to be doing something besides running and getting kidnapped. This is probably the best thing they could have done with her.
  #243 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya View Post
I fail to see the issue. Kairi is now going to be doing something besides running and getting kidnapped. This is probably the best thing they could have done with her.
Not Kairi. I was referring to self when the word slut was uttered.

And I knew 3D was gonna be important....unlike Days.

3DS FC
  #244 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Not Kairi. I was referring to self when the word slut was uttered.

And I knew 3D was gonna be important....unlike Days.
Oh, forget I said anything then.
  #245 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Xena: Warrior Princess
View Posts: 677

Enough about the BBS KH1 KH2 story-spoiling crap. It's annoying as ❤❤❤❤.

And I still think the story to this game is going to be relatively inconsequential to KH1, 2, and 3. Again what I mean by this is if you didn't play it, you're not going to miss it. That's why BBS, Days, CoM, and 3D are on mobile platforms. SE doesn't expect everyone to play these games.

It's only really important to the enthusiast who really cares about digging into Square's convoluted and confusing plot.
  #246 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
Enough about the BBS KH1 KH2 story-spoiling crap. It's annoying as ❤❤❤❤.

And I still think the story to this game is going to be relatively inconsequential to KH1, 2, and 3. Again what I mean by this is if you didn't play it, you're not going to miss it. That's why BBS, Days, CoM, and 3D are on mobile platforms. SE doesn't expect everyone to play these games.

It's only really important to the enthusiast who really cares about digging into Square's convoluted and confusing plot.
Explain how you are going to understand who TAV and Xion are and Xehanort's plot without this game. There is literally no way to do it. Not playing at least this game and BBS will make the entire plot of 3 seem absurdly random.
  #247 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya View Post
Explain how you are going to understand who TAV and Xion are and Xehanort's plot without this game. There is literally no way to do it. Not playing at least this game and BBS will make the entire plot of 3 seem absurdly random.
I don't need to understand that crap. It's all invented after KH1 and 2 were already made. When I played KH1 and KH2 I really wasn't concerned about the internal workings of the plot. You don't need all those other games to understand KH1 and KH2, and they won't be necessary to understand KH3.
  #248 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
I don't need to understand that crap. It's all invented after KH1 and 2 were already made. When I played KH1 and KH2 I really wasn't concerned about the internal workings of the plot. You don't need all those other games to understand KH1 and KH2, and they won't be necessary to understand KH3.
You don't need them to understand KH1 and 2 because they were made after the fact. Since KH3 will be made with all three of these games in mind it will incorporate elements from them that might confuse people who didn't play them.
Last Edited by Kostya; 03-31-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #249 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

You WILL need to play KH3D to understand KH3

3DS FC
  #250 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You WILL need to play KH3D to understand KH3
I would really like to know why you assume this to be true. CoM explained some things in between KH2 and KH1, but very few people who played KH2 also played CoM, and they didn't have any problem understanding the gist of what was happening.

BBS is a prequel, and Days is almost completely inconsequential to the story. 3D will probably be the same. I would wager that there will be very little content in KH3 that connects it to 3D.
  #251 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 PM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
I would really like to know why you assume this to be true. CoM explained some things in between KH2 and KH1, but very few people who played KH2 also played CoM, and they didn't have any problem understanding the gist of what was happening.

BBS is a prequel, and Days is almost completely inconsequential to the story. 3D will probably be the same. I would wager that there will be very little content in KH3 that connects it to 3D.
To explain why not only is Xehanort alive, but there are multiple incarnations of him existing concurrently

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that DDD will be important to KH3.

3DS FC
  #252 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Light Spirit

Translated version of the secret ending. Interesting, I wonder if the next game will have three scenarios like BBS had only this time they'll use Sora, Riku, and Kairi.
  #253 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
Since about half of the main cast now consists of characters introduced in Days, BBS, and 3D, I don't see how you can really get the full experience without playing those games. Especially since what's going on in 3D directly relates to the events of Days and BBS, and apparently 3D explains why III is even going to occur. CoM and re:Coded you could probably get away without if you play Days and 3D.

Now, they'll probably do a synopsis, but if it's anything like KHII's synopsis, it won't actually tell you why things happened or how they link together, just that they did happen (of course, I don't blame KHII for Days coming out after it).

Quote:
That's why BBS, Days, CoM, and 3D are on mobile platforms. SE doesn't expect everyone to play these games.
That's somewhat ridiculous logic. Mobile platforms have bigger audiences. If they really wanted to, they could achieve a KH title with a bigger sell-through on a handheld than on console. The problem is that they always present them as supplementary to the numbered titles.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 04-01-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #254 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 AM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

The entire plot of the kh series thus far:

Just by existing, you can grow a heart. That said, the Organization had hearts.
Xemnas was aware of this. Xigbar and Saix were as well.

Everyone in the Organization were supposed to grow their own hearts so that Xehanort, like Sora, could connect to them.

When the members of CO found out, they rebelled. [Marluxia, Larxene, Zexion, Lexeaus.]

The ones that don't have yellow eyes didn't know. [Everyone else]

By connecting his heart to theirs [similar to how he did Terra] Xehanort can corrupt the Organization into becoming Xehanorts. Which is why they tried like F!U!C!K! to get Roxas back. Because Xehanort would have corrupted him. And when he reconnected to Sora, he'd corrupt Sora.

Saix and Braig are already part Xehanort already [yellow eyes]

Xemnas was going to turn the Organization into Xehanorts.
Then, those Xehanorts would corrupt the fake Kingdom Hearts created by Xemnas.
And with that, they corrupt the real Kingdom Hearts.
So the real Kingom Hearts becomes Xehanort.

Every heart will cycle in and out and become Xehanort.

So everyone everywhere will become Xehanort.....

Forever

That ❤❤❤❤ blew my mind!

3DS FC
1 person liked this post: Brotagonist
  #255 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Since about half of the main cast now consists of characters introduced in Days, BBS, and 3D, I don't see how you can really get the full experience without playing those games. Especially since what's going on in 3D directly relates to the events of Days and BBS, and apparently 3D explains why III is even going to occur. CoM and re:Coded you could probably get away without if you play Days and 3D.

Now, they'll probably do a synopsis, but if it's anything like KHII's synopsis, it won't actually tell you why things happened or how they link together, just that they did happen (of course, I don't blame KHII for Days coming out after it).

That's somewhat ridiculous logic. Mobile platforms have bigger audiences. If they really wanted to, they could achieve a KH title with a bigger sell-through on a handheld than on console. The problem is that they always present them as supplementary to the numbered titles.
Where do you come up with that assertion? Half the cast comes from Days, BBS, and 3D? That has to be a joke. The characters in Days that weren't in KH2 all died in Days, and the same goes for BBS. I'd wager a bet that very few or no characters from 3D will be in KH3.

Mobile platforms have wide audiences but the Kingdom Hearts audience started on the home console. Square knows that most people do not own a PS2, a DS, a PSP, a 3DS, and a PS Vita. They want their console base (who played the original games) to be able to play the next home console title without too much confusion.

That is why the mobile titles have been mainly inconsequential and will continue to be. We already know that everything that happens in 3D isn't really happening. FFS, Sora and Riku appear almost younger than in the first game. It's not entirely insignificant to the story, but it's not the main event, either.
  #256 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
Where do you come up with that assertion? Half the cast comes from Days, BBS, and 3D?
There have been six player characters in the main Kingdom Hearts games.
Three of them were introduced in BBS.

There are a number of characters who Sora is supposed to "reconnect" based on the ending of Re:Coded, which is in turn an explanation for the letter Sora receives at the end of KHII. Roxas is the only one who's appeared in a numbered title. The rest of them were introduced in Days or BBS and all reappear in 3D.

From what I understand, we still don't even understand what this means, and 3D will explain it somehow...without quite finishing the story arc.

BBS and 3D together sum up the meaning of KHII's ending. (Re:Coded adds some additional context that connects the events of CoM and BBS to the letter in KHII.) Without them, you don't even understand KHII, let alone KHIII.

Quote:
The characters in Days that weren't in KH2 all died in Days
Nobody died in Days. (See what I did there?)

Quote:
I'd wager a bet that very few or no characters from 3D will be in KH3.
Given that 3D doesn't actually resolve most of the characters' stories from BBS (from what I understand), and that the main villain of the series so far actually isn't seen in KHI or KHII (but appears in both BBS and 3D), III will basically be a BBS/3D sequel as much as if not more than it's a II sequel.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 04-01-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #257 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Given that 3D doesn't actually resolve most of the characters' stories from BBS (from what I understand), and that the main villain of the series so far actually isn't seen in KHI or KHII (but appears in both BBS and 3D), III will basically be a BBS/3D sequel as much as if not more than it's a II sequel.
Maybe you're right about this, just because there has been so much crap invented in the time since KH2 came out that they obviously can't just ignore in KH3. But I still think Square will try to make the numbered titles playable without having played all of the in-between games.
  #258 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Fabulous

^ It'll be playable, but whether you have any real understanding of what's going on I think will be in question. You'll know what you absolutely need to know (a la KHII vs. CoM, where you know Sora is asleep and Riku is helping him from the shadows, but not really anything about why or how), but that's it. I doubt there will be a full recap of everything seen in the ending of KH3D or BBS in KHIII.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 04-01-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #259 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Light Spirit

A translation for part of the ending. So the seven lights are apparently Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and Axel? Then I guess that means the thirteen darkness are Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansemnort, Xigbar, Saix, Roxas and...who else exactly?
  #260 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Fabulous

I don't know that Lea is supposed to be one of the Seven Lights... Mickey lists Sora, Riku, and himself, plus Ventus, Terra, and Aqua, and the last is obviously Kairi. Mickey's guess isn't retracted; to the contrary, Master Xehanort simply says that Sora and "the last one" (Terra?) are "on our side," and therefore "three lights are missing" (Sora, Terra, Kairi).

EDIT: Just re-watched the scene. Actually, "the last one" seems to be the seventh light, and the same person Xehanort says is already on the side of the darks. Hm...

His plan to possess Sora is thwarted, though, so I'm guessing he's going to wind up using some kind of backup (Vanitas?).

EDIT: 99% KHIII is going to start with the 7 lights, 13 darknesses thing and pretty much ignore all the other plot nonsense from KH3D or BBS in order to prevent confusion for new players.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 04-02-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote