Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Favourite Fire Emblem game?
Fire Emblem 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light 1 1.47%
Fire Emblem 2: Gaiden 2 2.94%
Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of the Emblem 1 1.47%
Fire Emblem 4: Geneology of the Holy War 5 7.35%
Fire Emblem 5: Thracia 776 0 0%
Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals 0 0%
Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword 17 25.00%
Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones 18 26.47%
Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance 11 16.18%
Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn 10 14.71%
Fire Emblem 11: Shadow Dragon 3 4.41%
Fire Emblem 12: New Mystery of the Emblem 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#221 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 AM
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

View Posts: 8,345
Re: Fire Emblem

Well, Amelia has enough defense to receive barely any damage. On top of that, she's able to dodge easily and can double enemies. Although Gilliam has better defense, he suffers in speed.
  #222 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Parrot Grass Parrot Grass is a male United States Parrot Grass is offline
Hero of Time
Send a message via Skype™ to Parrot Grass
Steam ID: KamiTsurugi
View Posts: 13,608

Going off of general consensus, General Amelia is the best route if you are using her. Yeah, the move kinda sucks, unless you use Swiftsoles, but the only real reason for stocking up on mounted units and flyers is because of rank (other than things where you only really need a flyer or 2), so if you are using Amelia, you may as well make her a General, because she wrecks everything.
1 person liked this post: Kuya
  #223 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM

I actually like her better as a super trainee. She's pretty much a Swordmaster with a lance.
  #224 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission J. Frog View Post
Going off of general consensus, General Amelia is the best route if you are using her. Yeah, the move kinda sucks, unless you use Swiftsoles, but the only real reason for stocking up on mounted units and flyers is because of rank (other than things where you only really need a flyer or 2), so if you are using Amelia, you may as well make her a General, because she wrecks everything.
Reading GameFAQs again are we? FE fandom generally agrees that mounted is better.

The thing is, there is no "correct" way in using the trainees. The general consensus in the FE fandom is usually:

Ross: Zerker
Amelia: Paladin
Ewan: Dark magic user (either Druid or Summoner)

Thats even if people are using them at all.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #225 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
Reading GameFAQs again are we? FE fandom generally agrees that mounted is better.
Not really. I see more people say it's better to have Amelia go General rather than mounted: http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php...mode=show&st=0

And why does it matter if you read GameFAQs? Are you saying that the people there aren't part of the FE fandom?
Last Edited by Kuya; 03-23-2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #226 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline

A lot of the gamefaqs people are.....a bit stuck in the past when it comes to talking about stat junk. Or maybe ive just been a Serenes Forest member too long. (way too long)

SF has changed quite a bit. They have pretty much stopped being Stop Having Fun Guys and started realizing a lot of...interesting things.

#227 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Stuck in the past?
  #228 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Lord Elrond commands you to read this thread, newb.

#229 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome to my Kingdom!
3DS ID: 1607-2455-6525
View Posts: 1,431

I always made Amelia a Paladin before it was the concensus <hipster glasses> but that was just because I really hate low movement with passion.

Out of all those misconceptions, I'm extremely guilty of always using the Est-type of characters, even if they are suboptimal as hell (like Sophia, who keeps dying and making me restart that damn desert chapter yet I keep using her like an idiot). I just love the pretty green colors in my stat screens at the endgame too much to give up on them.

Last Edited by Zero III; 03-23-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #230 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Hero of Time

Quote:

The thing is, there is no "correct" way in using the trainees. The general consensus in the FE fandom is usually:

Ross: Zerker
Amelia: Paladin
Ewan: Dark magic user (either Druid or Summoner)

Thats even if people are using them at all.
Come on, give me some credit here.

Basically, there are 2 ways to do Amelia. One is the "give a ❤❤❤❤ about rank" version in which Paladin is no doubt better. Then there's the "General Amelia" route. Either way works, because SS is ❤❤❤❤ing easy as hell, but General Amelia is just more destructive and has a bit more versatility in that she can use all 3 melee weapons. Plus it's funny as hell to see Amelia in that huge armor.
1 person liked this post: Kuya
  #231 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
I always made Amelia a Paladin before it was the concensus <hipster glasses> but that was just because I really hate low movement with passion.
When was that ever the general consensus?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Are you trying to show me how much SF has changed? Just wondering because that post is confusing me.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Are you trying to show me how much SF has changed? Just wondering because that post is confusing me.
  #232 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post

Out of all those misconceptions, I'm extremely guilty of always using the Est-type of characters, even if they are suboptimal as hell (like Sophia, who keeps dying and making me restart that damn desert chapter yet I keep using her like an idiot). I just love the pretty green colors in my stat screens at the endgame too much to give up on them.
Est types are tricky creatures. I dont really agree that avoiding them at all costs is a good idea. Its like the whole Low Turn Count thing. Newbs to the series shouldnt try it until they get a really good feel for how ❤❤❤❤ works. Cuz Ests are hard to use because of how they work. They are the ultimate growth units, but it takes a lot of effort and manipulation to pull off.

Bawks, the post in that thread about PEMN But PEME thing is a huge indicator that the SF mindset has changed. Before, it was PEMN. End Of Discussion. (PEMN = Personal Experience Means Nothing. PEME = Personal Experience Means Everything.) That sort of mindset is pretty new to that part of the FE fandom.

Rich, mostly because GameFAQs writers dont update things and dont take into account a lot of how the fandom changes its mindsets. I dont really lurk their boards much but the actual FAQs are painful to read.

#233 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Hero of Time

Quote:
Rich, mostly because GameFAQs writers dont update things and dont take into account a lot of how the fandom changes its mindsets. I dont really lurk their boards much but the actual FAQs are painful to read.
I use SomethingAwful Let's Plays. In the short time I've followed them, I've learned more about each FE game than GameFAQs has taught me in the years preceding discovering that wonderful forum.
  #234 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

FE is more the type of game you learn best by trial and error, not reading other into other people's advice, though some small tips can be useful. In my opinion.

I think the only time I've used a guide was in FE8, Ch. 14 Ephraim's story on Hard Mode for tips with those damn Druids and their Berserk. Made snatching Rennac a pain. I think I just ended up sending Gilliam out to make them use all of their Berserks and retreating everyone else.

Many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
Last Edited by Golddron Sex; 03-24-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 PM

I agree that you learn best by trial and error, but reading other people's thoughts are helpful, too. Sometimes you can't rely on just your experience, since RNG can screw you over.
  #236 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,927

I always made Amelia a General because I found the total lack of Knights in the game to be appalling. That, and I always have loved the General class.
  #237 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM
*GASP* WHO STOLE MY POPTARTS?!
Send a message via Yahoo to Karaszure Send a message via Skype™ to Karaszure
Steam ID: raikarasu
View Posts: 3,688

Turns out the team doing Fire Emblem: Awakening is bringing back a blast from the past. They're adding a marriage system into Awakening, a feature that was once prominent in Genealogy of the Holy War.

Video + More Info Here

My understanding of it: It's like a combination of Radiant Dawn's support system and the rescue system implemented in every game. Any units that are bound together in this way can share movement range. For example, if a Knight (heavy defense guys) and a Pegasus Knight (speedy flying units) were adjoined, they would consist of one unit, and mostly utilize the Pegasus Knight's movement speed. Plus, they'll always participate in double battles with each other.

Two more nifty features with this is the addition of "marital stat bonuses" and "heart points." These aren't the correctly translated terms (I can't translate them), so that's what I'll be calling them for the time being. Any units that support each other can get bonuses to stats when in combat, and to coincide with this, your bonded units raise heart points as they continue to spend time together. The raised heart points can lead to some interesting conversations. If the heart points are high enough, your characters can literally be married to each other and have kids at the end of the game.

However, the one downside to this is that if two units are bonded together, they are completely inseparable, unless commanded to do so by the player. Part of me thinks this is going to be the new Support system...which in truth I don't approve of. I recently got back into playing Sacred Stones, and after watching some of the support conversation dialoge from Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword on Youtube, I love the witty banter between characters as they interact with each other, and part of me doesn't really want that to go away. But if this is the future of the series...I might just have to roll with it.

What do you guys think?

Twitter | Soundcloud
Nintendo Network ID: Karaszure
3DS Friend Code: 3136 6671 5270
Sig by me
  #238 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Hero of Time

Okay, so it hasn't been 3 months, so I can still revive this thread with even more trivia and ❤❤❤❤. While I was on SomethingAwful, I decided to mark the Fire Emblem Megathread and found this post that strengthens my unconfirmed idea that all of the Fire Emblem series is in the same world. Warning: Awakening spoilers and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zore
So, something interesting a lot of people have been picking up on and commenting on. Relies a bit on some story spoilers for Awakening but deals more with how the Fire Emblem cosmology works out.

So we know that Awakening is directly tied to the Marth games as Marth is an explicit historical figure and you recruit Tiki during the course of the game. More interesting is that there are a lot of weird easter eggs that point towards the idea that all the Fire Emblem games occurred on the same world.

The Genealogy of the Holy War is a historical book that actually explicitly shows up in a support conversation.

During the Manakete supports there is talk about how they sealed their ability to transform into dragons into gems, they used to be able to just do it. Also people who can use stones to turn into beasts have shown up, and the rabbit-people who actually join your army mention they aren't the only kind of Tanguel.

Leanne and Naesala are apparently historical figures as mentioned in one of the supports.

Also, this is the biggest spoiler and most tenuous connection, the son of My Unit's name is Mark, has amnesia, is involved in time travel and is a master strategist who got lost on his/her way to the present.

Obviously there's still a hell of a lot of stuff that's inconsistent between the games, like the nature of the 'Fire Emblem' itself and the various roles Dragons play across the games, but its weird that they're trying to imply that all the games now take place in the same world.

Well, except for Fire Emblem 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momomo
I think part of its continent is shown the map.
  #239 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 PM

I called it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momomo
I think part of its continent is shown the map.
Wait, which continent?
Last Edited by Kuya; 05-20-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Fist View Post
I called it!

Wait, which continent?
Right, that post was quoting the bit about "except Fire Emblem 8," thus implying that he's talking about Magvel.

Tags
3-13 archer, alm's cod piece, fe3ds, fe4, fire emblem, florina is awesome, gr9, hector rules, hornet hairs, ikexsoren otp, is marth in this game, jeigan, moldy onions, rng, roy sucks, shanam, sigurd, soren, thracia 776 is pain