$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#2161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
"Is this fashion? Or is it haunting our children?"
Send a message via Skype™ to EmptyStar

View Posts: 3,031
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Buggier than a lollipop in an antfarm

Oh, one warning to everyone considering purchase/ already purchased Dawnguard:
Apparently MANY people have been having trouble.

-As soon as the DLC gets installed, Vampires will randomly spawn in cities and towns similarly to Dragons. At higher levels these can wipe out cities.

-Clearing the storyline doesn't stop the attacks. It doesn't matter what side you join either; they will attack even if you've sided with the Vampires.

-The attacks can occur at any time of day; A group of 3 charged into Dragon Bridge at 11:20 AM and starting massacring an old lady in my game.

-Apparently there is one Vampire, "Mysterious Traveler", that sneaks around and will appear non hostile when you confront him. He can be wearing anything. He sneaks into houses and kills civilians at night. Respawns when killed. Never encountered this yet, myself.

So yeah, just something to consider. I'm at lv 33 right now and haven't had any casualties yet.
*knocks on wood*

#2162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,152

Son of a gun....
Dang it, that sounds fun. Hopefully it's true that I'll have it in about a month.
  #2163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
formerly known as daeth
Steam ID: terrible
View Posts: 2,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insert Pony Name Here View Post

LOL dumb Dragons.
I watched a group of spiders take out a dragon up in the hills near Morthal. Made my life a lot easier at the time because I was a lowish level and was pretty weak vs dragons.
  #2164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 340
Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Personally, I think Ulfric is a bigot. You walk into his palace(What? A "true son of Skyrim" is lazing around a palace?) and find people addressing him like a spoiled child. "You will be high king". Then he stands up and gives a speech about "I fight for this and that", and Galmor acts like a kiss ass. His whole personality just seems a bit self righteous. Its like hes doing it for himself. And why exactly does Skyrim need independence again? Things seem fine to me.

The imperials aren't that bad. Sure, they executed you. But the captain of the guard was the one who gave the order. That's an individual action. And Lokir of Rorikstead was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I only hate the imperials because they suck up to the Thalmor. But I really just hate the Thalmor. It makes sense though, considering they got their butts kicked in the Great War.

Personally, I want to be king..

Anyway, what does everybody else think? Not about me being king. About the civil war in Skyrim..Whose side do you take?

I hate em both..So..Yeah..But I need that house in Windhelm.
  #2165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,899

Solitude was simply closer to where I was at the time, and I didnt feel like traveling all the way to Winterhold.
So I joined the Imperals.
Last Edited by Dayman; 07-05-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 AM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

I first joined with the Stormcloaks. You know the rebels are almost always the best choice. But I have to admit the more I fought for the stormcloaks the more I didn't like them. I guess in the end both picks are horrible. Either you join with the racist stormcloaks or you join the Thalmor. Let's face it. Imperials are nothing more then just a puppet.

Truth is I actually never understood why Ulfric felt the need to bring about the civil war to begin with. What exactly happened to want him to challenge the High King for the throne in the first place? Was there some incident that happened between Skyrim and the Imperials that led to Ulfric thinking there needs to be a change?

Oh wait. I almost forgot about the Talos part. Wow. that's actually rather embarassing. But the thing about that aside from a few very minor quests you never really see the Empire or anyone really care about if someone worships Talos or not. One of those quests that I know if is you get from the Thalmor themselves.

I almost always end up going with the Imperials. I always figure that my character climbs the ranks within the military and you know slowly try and fight the Thalmor.

I hope we get a DLC where you can actually fight the Thalmor. You know knock some heads and destroy them... at the very least cripple their presense in Skyrim.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #2167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Zora Warrior

You make a really compelling point..If you ask me, Skyrims pretty lame to begin with. Sure, the gameplay is awesome..And fighting dragons is fun. But the story is disappointing. The fight with Alduin was disappointing. The last fight with Harkon in Dawnguard was more epic then the whole main questline of Skyrim..

I made it my own kind of epicness by being a total rogue..Sneaking around people, slitting throats, killing them with instant blows on archery. I made it fun by making everyone I crossed paths with my own prey. And I spent a long time hunting them, just so I could kill them all one by one, and still remain unseen from the others. That's how I had my fun, anyway..
  #2168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,152

The Empire only enforces the ban on Talos when the Thalmor are breathing down their necks, and frankly, the Thalmor wouldn't even be in Skyrim if Ulfric hadn't started his rebellion. Plenty of Imperials worship Talos (Legate Rikke, Jarl Elisif, and even the Emperor), they just keep that fact away from the Thalmor.
Furthermore, anyone who believes the Empire are the Thalmor's puppets needs to take a closer look at the documents found in the Thalmor Embassy.
  #2169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,899

^Not to mention the priest that openly praises Talos in Whiterun.
Last Edited by Dayman; 07-06-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Janus
  #2170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Zora Warrior

You gotta feel pity for the Empire. The Thalmor almost wiped them out. Remember the Great War? I hate those stupid elves. If the empire got their butts kicked by the Thalmor, what's with Ulfrics head, if he thinks that he can take them on themselves? If the empire didn't surrender, there would be a lot more bloodshed. The Thalmor would've wiped out the Nords completely.

Ulfrics a bigot..By defying the treaty between the Thalmor and Imperials, and challenging them, all the guys gonna do is provoke bigger bloodshed.
1 person liked this post: Major Liftz
  #2171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Disaster Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Quin
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Qnez Wii U ID: Gunzelino 3DS ID: 4511-0457-1518
View Posts: 5,643

Ulfric is a tool of the Thalmor, so choosing his side won't help much against them.
3 people liked this post: Dayman, Janus, Major Liftz
  #2172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,497

So I started a new save not long ago, and I'm working on leveling Smithing to 100. Have they increased the number of forges you have to do to level up? I can't remember it taking this long on my earlier save. I'm not even on level 80 and it takes at least 20 iron daggers to level up one step.
  #2173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
So I started a new save not long ago, and I'm working on leveling Smithing to 100. Have they increased the number of forges you have to do to level up? I can't remember it taking this long on my earlier save. I'm not even on level 80 and it takes at least 20 iron daggers to level up one step.
Ya, leveling smithing has a few more requirements than iron daggers now. If you want to level smithing, you have to make armor and weapons at around your level of smithing.

I just make iron daggers to enchant and sell for 200 gold each.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
Last Edited by Major Liftz; 07-10-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Nico, I got this from an actual walkthrough awhile back, and its helped me a lot. Now it's a LITTLE more resourceful then iron daggers but it shouldn't be a problem if you got some good gold.

What you want to do is have a back up. I go to the black smith, and spend gold on every iron piece they have, to make iron daggers. BUT I also buy every leather, and leather strips that they have. You could use them for leather, but most of the pieces require maybe four pieces of leather.
You should make hide helmets, and leather braces. The choice is yours..But they require the least amount of leather.

I leveled up quickly using this technique. Mind you, it requires a lot of fast traveling between Markarth, and Whiterun(My favorite smithing places) when people run out of the supplies you need. And it also requires patience, as well as a heap of gold. Gold comes easy in Skyrim, if you ask me.

Its always good to have a back up. When I run out of material for daggers, I use the leftover materials to make hide helmets or leather bracers. Or I just do leather bracers in all, since there's usually more leather then there are ingots.
Last Edited by Shadow; 07-10-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Nico
  #2175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 PM
jesus take the prndl
Send a message via Skype™ to ArtsyGal
View Posts: 1,917

Am I the only one here who abused the Oghma Infinium exploit?

[Music Thread]
  #2176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm stronger now, I'm ready for the house, such a modest mouse
Send a message via Skype™ to Michael
View Posts: 3,960

Have any of you come across a legendary dragon yet? I've been searching and leveling up for hours trying to find one but I'm not having any luck. I'm a level 72 so I know my level is high enough for one to spawn. I'm hoping it's not some stupid glitch.
  #2177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

I wish I could say I just finished killing a couple of legendary dragons just now but...

Well someone thought it be great if Xbox users got Dawnguard before everyone else.

Seriously? Level 72? I don't think I have ever made it to lvl 40. While I suppose it's because eventually I feel like I am just sorta destroying enemies left and right once I get around to lvl 30 that things get boring. Though I really should consider changing playstyles.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #2178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 AM
jesus take the prndl

I just want Dawnguard to come out for PS3 and PC so I can play it e_e

[Music Thread]
  #2179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Zora Warrior

The highest level I got is a level 23..And it just gets boring as hell..I've beaten the Companions questline twice, and the Thieves Guild..Although I gave up the second time, because I thought the "nightingale" thing was stupid..And I beat the Dark Brotherhood questline, and am starting again with a pure assassin character. I sided with the Imperials and even that was disappointing..

And I've noticed that Skyrim isn't that fleshed out..In all those hours of gameplay. After going to every inn and every house, do you kinda notice that some of the NPC's have the same voice as some others?

I destroyed Alduin, which was a major disappointment..He was too easy. And the dragon encounters are fun, but disappointing..They said the dragons would do things like swoop down and grab other creatures and carry them into the air.. I've never seen that, except for some scripted encounters..Which is just one guard.

Well, Dawnguard was fun..At least
  #2180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM
jesus take the prndl

I got up to level 71, IIRC. I finished the College of Winterhold, Dark Brotherhood, Companions, and Main/Dragon Crisis questlines (on separate characters though, for roleplaying purposes).

I made it to the part of the Thieves Guild where I got the Skeleton Key, but I stopped after that because I'd rather not return it >

[Music Thread]

Tags
addiction, cocaine, digital drugs, dovakin, heroin, how do i stop playing, methamphetamine, oblivion, skyrim, the elder scrolls