Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Love yourself.

View Posts: 9,295
|OT| Minecraft Thread VI: Sally 'takes' her master's sword

NOTE: Minecraft is not a disc-based PC game but a downloadable indie developed title, which is currently 25% off during the BETA period. You can buy it here from Minecraft.net, the official site. There's also the option of buying a gift code, which you can give to friends or family.

Welcome to the Official
MINECRAFT THREAD
- VI Edition -

Server Status:

IP: Tohopekaliga.com

The Server Costs Money!

Help our server admin Tohopekaliga keep it up by donating a few dollars. Every little helps!

ZU Server Rules:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
  • Taking items from non-(community/dungeon/abandoned) chests is a no-no. If someone hides a chest in the middle of nowhere and has it buried in a nondescript thing with no identifying ownership, it is fair game. A chest in a hidden room in someone's fortress is not fair game.
  • Do not knowingly damage/destroy other peoples' creations. This includes (but is not limited to) adding blocks to make water/lava spread where it wasn't intended, popping holes in things "for teh lulz", and placing extra blocks to mess with a look or a walkway.
  • PvP is not enabled: You are incapable of harming other people. Since there is health, pushing people off ledges is mean and unnecessary.
Thread Rules
Spoiler:  
Do not:
  • Simply ask to be whitelisted. These posts are spam and will be deleted on sight.
    • PROTIP: Simply asking one of the OPs via PM isn't any better.
  • Stray too far into spammy side-conversation. If this becomes a problem, the thread will be temporarily locked.
  • Any reports of griefing / harassment / who the **** stole my wooden pickaxe will now be PM'd to either me or Melpy. Anything at all to do with these things that are posted in the thread will be deleted on sight. This is to prevent the dramaz and so that a situation doesn't escalate into something worse through arguments.
  • Directly quote pictures. Put an asterisk in the tags or put them in [espoiler] tags.
    • Make a simple comment concerning pictures. Make suggestions, ask questions, etc. You do not need to simply comment "I like this!"
Do:
  • Ask someone you actually talk to to get you whitelisted.
  • Ask questions
  • Make constructive comments regarding the works of others
  • Help others by providing links or information
  • Show us your work!
Get on the Server - Whitelist:
Spoiler:  
To get onto the server, you need to be invited by someone who's an OP on the whitelist. (Melpomene, GKANG ) It's best if you don't bug people over and over to be added, because that'll have an adverse effect and people will be less likely to invite you. Contact one and if they like you and know you, they will let you on. Do not post in the thread about it.

What we want is for you to be a part of our community. Post around any of the sections which interest you (not just this thread), join in with competitions, make friends. We want people on the server who we like and trust, so if you just joined the forums making a single post asking to be added then little else, you're putting yourself in a hole. You can of course note that you'd like to be on the server, but this only needs to be stated once.

So that's about it! Posting your work and showing your enthusiasm will always help, we generally love to see your creations. Posting in either [IMG] or [YOUTUBE] tags is fine! Just remember, there is no set criteria for you to pass in order to be whitelisted. We aren't necessarily looking for XXX amount of posts, so do not spam. Just have fun!
Other Useful Information & Links:
Spoiler:  
The Minecrafters of ZU Social Group:

It's practically a dedicated Minecraft subforum - get deeper discussion on specific topics to do with builds / adventures, or just talk about YouTubers. 50+ MEMBERS OMFG YES.

- - - - - JOIN TODAY - - - - -

Or if you're creative and everything, you can help make a texture pack at Snow_Leopard's new social group!

- - - - - JOIN TODAY - - - - -

ZU Minecraft Videos:

If any of you at all have videos of the server or to do with the server, post a link in the thread and I'll update this for you. Get you guys a lot of views hopefully. SUBSCRIBE TO EVERYTHING.

GKANG (MinecraftZU)

Tott <3 Rebecca (Chocobotamer)

JesterMX6 (jestermx6gaming)

BlizzagaLantean (BlizzagaLantean)

Cody (CodyDaviesTV)

Snowleopard (Snowleopard)

Melpomene (Melpy Reznov)

Useful Links:

Random ZU Server Maps:

- Harbour Town (incomplete)
- New map Angeled / Straight Down
- Cilly Landmarks
Dynamic Map of the Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
How to get to the New Map

When you join the old world, head towards the welcome center you see before you.

Outside behind it with a fence is a teleporter on the ground. Right click the middle of it.

Once you arrive at rapture. Head right out of the small room down the corridor. You will see an opening. Go into that and that is the portal.
Jump in the water.

Ta-da.

#2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM

View Posts: 10,473
Re: |OT| Minecraft Thread VI: Sally 'takes' her master's sword

Has anyone else been following the progress of the Artifacts mod?

The Artifact Modders

http://www.cogscomic.com/Artifact/De...c_Artifact.jpg <- Frickin' huge.

The makers have been working on it for several months now, and are aiming to have it finished by the end of the year.

It's incredibly well thought out. The labyrinths/dungeons themselves are amazing - they features puzzles rather like those in the Zelda series, albeit longer and more apparently more challenging, since one dungeon can take several hours to complete. Since some of the pictures in that promo pic up there are outdated, here are some fresh ones.

Temple rooms:

Temple entrances:

The temples themselves are actually "TARDISes", being coded so that they are bigger on the inside than the outside, even though there's a smooth transition when you step inside one.

Last Edited by Tohopekaliga; 10-10-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Dude.
6 people liked this post: Andy, Anonymous1, GKANG, Holden, Orangy, Slimer
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Slimer
View Posts: 1,269

That's awesome.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Terminian
View Posts: 160

That's an amazing mod!

One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. - Tony Robbins

Wisdom in my opinion, is having humility, kindness, understanding and intelligence. And then knowing how to deal with people who dont. - Johnny Nesbit
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

Oh uh Toho (or someone) can you please post up the four options again in this thread? Thanks :3
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Anonymous1
View Posts: 507

Whoa, that's an awesome mod! I didn't even know that it existed, I've been missing out...

ZU Let's Play Subforum
| My Let's Play Forum Thread | Directors of ZU (Youtube | Web | Forum)
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Din's Minister of Magic
View Posts: 976

Toasting in an epic bread.

Is anyone else having a problem with fullscreen mode with 1.8? For some reason, about about 10 minutes of gameplay, it locks up on me, but works fine in windowed mode. But if I try to go back to fullscreen, it just goes black until I go back to windowed.

It's kind of annoying.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Love yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like-a-some-bow-deee! View Post
Oh uh Toho (or someone) can you please post up the four options again in this thread? Thanks :3
It's the thread poll.

3 people liked this post: Artemis, Jor-El, Slimer
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKANG View Post
It's the thread poll.
Herp derp I'm on my phone lol so i cant see the poll... I'll just leave now...
2 people liked this post: Coconut Water, quick silver
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Slimer
View Posts: 1,269

Let's make one giant city for the new World.
1 person liked this post: Panique
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,864

I voted for the second option because I can't be bothered transitioning to yet another world once 1.9 comes out.

On a different note, I'mma gonna go check if the most recent ark griefing got to my chests.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
View Posts: 3,856

By their use of words like TARDIS and Time Lords, I assume that the creators of the Artifact Mod are Doctor Who fans/fan. Am I right in assuming this?
Also, the screenshots for it looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Love yourself.

I just tried installing OptiFine to try and get the game running but it didn't work whatsoever. It's shooting my CPU usage from 10-16% to 100%, either completely crashes when I join the server or runs at literally 0.2fps or thereabouts and ugh. I went into the options and turned everything off, the sky, the animations, render short, no lighting etc - same crap in SMP and maybe 8-10fps in SSP, but it's still pointless with short render distance which crashes when you change it to anything larger.

This happens running vanilla Minecraft (with OptiFine now), on both this 3GB laptop and another newer 4GB laptop. I used to run the game perfectly with fraps recording beyond other programs at the same time before, but now yeah.

SUGGESTIONS, I WANT TO PLAY

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 AM
quick silver quick silver is a male United States quick silver is offline
Snooty Mcfumbles
Send a message via Yahoo to quick silver
Steam ID: bagordy40
View Posts: 1,738

Alright, new world, bring it on.

So long Temp world. Scott, your users have given their input, please get things going soon.

As for the ark, I think people are going to want to place stuff back in their boxes, I dunno how you want to handle that, but I'm not putting anything there until I know the move is only hours away.

I've already lost all my gold, diamond and iron to thieves/griefers so I don't have much use for the ark anymore, although it'd be nice to keep my stone, brick and wood. The ark should never have been placed anywhere near spawn, that was a huge mistake.

What should have happened is we should have had an unveiling day where everyone could have deposited their stuff over maybe two days, and then the ark should have had a schematic made of it right then before griefers could get to it.

What it turned into was a huge invitation for morons to (likely) pull everything of any worth out of the chests and drop them into a lava pool.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,331

... or a massive pillar of lava.

I voted for the top option, but I'm all good with starting a new, temporary map.

This time, people, make your settlements a little farther from spawn.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 10-11-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

View Posts: 11,900

I voted for the second. I would have voted for the last one except it is too early for a new world. (unless you mean when 1.9 comes out) Unless this is for later on. I didn't see the post just the poll.

I assume old #2 includes old #1 stuff as well?

Toho, If you don't want to move stuff over between worlds, if the two old worlds are available once again I can move selected structures over manually in-game for people that ask. So only wanted structures are moved into a place selected.

Might take a while, but I'd do it if people wanted to keep their ♥♥♥♥e.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 AM

View Posts: 10,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKANG View Post
I just tried installing OptiFine to try and get the game running but it didn't work whatsoever. It's shooting my CPU usage from 10-16% to 100%, either completely crashes when I join the server or runs at literally 0.2fps or thereabouts and ugh. I went into the options and turned everything off, the sky, the animations, render short, no lighting etc - same crap in SMP and maybe 8-10fps in SSP, but it's still pointless with short render distance which crashes when you change it to anything larger.

This happens running vanilla Minecraft (with OptiFine now), on both this 3GB laptop and another newer 4GB laptop. I used to run the game perfectly with fraps recording beyond other programs at the same time before, but now yeah.

SUGGESTIONS, I WANT TO PLAY
Hmm...which version of Optifine are you playing with? There are a few different types, in order to counteract the different types of lag.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else to suggest...perhaps update to Java 7 if you haven't already? Or allocate more memory to Minecraft? ie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
I voted for the second. I would have voted for the last one except it is too early for a new world. (unless you mean when 1.9 comes out) Unless this is for later on. I didn't see the post just the poll.

I assume old #2 includes old #1 stuff as well?

Toho, If you don't want to move stuff over between worlds, if the two old worlds are available once again I can move selected structures over manually in-game for people that ask. So only wanted structures are moved into a place selected.

Might take a while, but I'd do it if people wanted to keep their ♥♥♥♥e.
Aye...I voted in the end for option 4, but I'm still not sure that I'd want a brand new map until the full version of Minecraft has been released, in case there are any changes to biomes or world generation (we already know that there's soon to be a change to Stronghold air portals).

Speaking of the official release, today Notch confirmed Jeb's earlier tweet - there'll be no more official updates until Minecon, just prereleases.

Quote:
The adventure update is going great! We’re adding features and cramming in content, and then started feature creeping and content creeping. What we’ve got on our hands now is somewhere in between a finished Adventure Mode update and a version of the game we’d be proud to call just “Minecraft”. Not “Minecraft Beta” or “Minecraft Alpha”, but just plain and simple “Minecraft”.

And we’re going to release that version of the game live on stage in Vegas at MineCon! Woooo!

Up until then, instead of trying to squeeze in another real release, we’re going to do weekly (or so) pre releases, aimed at advanced players. We release these via twitter, so make sure to follow me (@notch) and Jens (@jeb_) if you’re interested in those.

Also, we’re finally adding a dragon.
The Word of Notch
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarael View Post
Hmm...which version of Optifine are you playing with? There are a few different types, in order to counteract the different types of lag.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else to suggest...perhaps update to Java 7 if you haven't already? Or allocate more memory to Minecraft? ie.

[youtube]yG-GhI2BZ4c[/youtube]
GKANG may have posted that while the server (particularly the area near the ark) was experiencing exp orb lag from me dying via drowning in the flooded area of the lowest floor.

Oddly, this lag didn't last anywhere near as long as it did for me the last time I died. (Which also meant that I lost all my stuff: A whole two dirt blocks. Alas.)

That said, from what I remember, GKANG still had framerate issues even after the orbs disappeared.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Super Duper Shuper Mega Beta... Erm, What?
Send a message via Skype™ to Carge-N-Targe
Steam ID: Carge
View Posts: 3,346

New thread already? Cool.
Anyways, I would like to invite everyone to the following website that mR opened a couple weeks ago. It's all about strongholds:
http://www.minecraft-stronghold.net

(3DS Friend Code: 4596-9662-4006 PM me if you are going to add me)
AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE A TIMELORD PARTY BECAUSE A TIMELORD PARTY IS NOT BOUND BY TYPICAL TEMPORAL PARAMETERS AND THUS DON’T STOP
Last Edited by Carge-N-Targe; 10-11-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 AM
View Posts: 1,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carge View Post
New thread already? Cool.
Anyways, I would like to invite everyone to the following website that mR opened a couple weeks ago. It's all about strongholds:
http://www.minecraft-stronghold.net
That website doesn't appear to exist.

Hello, world.
ZU Minecraft: Minecraft |OT| | COME PLAY WITH US: KyleMC
Elsewhere on the internet: YouTube | Twitter

Closed Thread

Tags
endermen are friendermen, farorean men of glory, little children, minecraft, nayru is best pony, texture packs, tiny childs