Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
L.A Noire

Trailer

Trailer with gameplay etc




Screenshots

I saw this yesterday and am really excited for this game. Didn't see or find a thread on this so here it is.

I really like the look of the facial features and better graphics. Since one of the things I have always disliked about GTA or Red Dead, was the faces of the people. They always seemed less realistic compared to the environment.

I really like the whole crime solving thing. Since I am a fan of crime shows this game really has an appeal to me.


So are you guys going to be buying this as soon as it comes out (may 17-NA) or is this a let down from previous rockstar games. I'm curious what other people think.
__________________

Last Edited by Melpomene; 02-15-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 AM
W4NG-FL0W W4NG-FL0W is a male W4NG-FL0W is offline
GH3O ▲SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: W4NG
View Posts: 1,394
Re: L.A Noire

Looks like an excellent game but what do you expect its R*. Also you mis spelt Noire
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: L.A Noire

So I did. Haha fixed.

I really like the older settings in games now. Red Dead and now this. I find it something different and fresh to all the new modern or futuristic setting games.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Nico Nico is a male Norway Nico is offline
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Norway
View Posts: 2,488
Re: L.A Noire

This game makes me want to get an Xbox. The whole concept looks so awesome! I just love that whole "back in the old days"-vibe it gives you.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Zaius Ex Zaius Ex is a male United States Zaius Ex is offline
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
Join Date: Mar 2003
View Posts: 5,960
Re: L.A Noire

Game of the Year 2011? Perhaps it will succeed where Rockstar's last game failed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 05:02 PM
brokenjoker Sweden brokenjoker is online now
:coffee:



Join Date: Jan 2008
View Posts: 17,819
Re: L.A Noire

THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS MELP JEEZE: L.A Noire

But yours is obviously doing better than mine, so we should keep yours! (also mine is pretty old).

Anyway, yes, this game interests me. I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'm definitely going to try and rent it!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Nico Nico is a male Norway Nico is offline
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Norway
View Posts: 2,488
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
It is also on the Playstation 3.
Ah, I thought it was an Xbox exclusive. Well, I'd get an Xbox over a PS3 anyway, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: L.A Noire

But I searched Like 5 times I'm sowwy. ;-;
Maybe because I was spelling it wrong ^_^;;

I'll be buying it definately. I'm a fan of crime solving so this really hits my good spot.

But that face thing in your thread has been added to the OP.
GOSH I LOVE THE FACES NOW.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 PM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#notallmen

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,915
Re: L.A Noire

At first I thought it was too early for Rockstar to release a new game. After RDR, I would expect more time before their next big game, but I've always liked the idea of L.A Noire, and the game simply looks awesome.
Also, a lot of people seemed to have forgotten that this game (or its idea) had been announced a LONG time ago as a concept CG video. Like during the pre-PS3 e3 conferences. I thought it was long forgotten when R* suddenly put out that recent trailer and went as far as putting a release date for this year. Exciting stuff.
__________________
2NOTORIOUS
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
8bit 8bit is a male United Nations 8bit is offline
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
View Posts: 8,349
Re: L.A Noire

WHY IS THERE NO PC BUILD OF THIS GAME?

It's going to look like **** on console comparatively, and the whole point is a graphical thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ah, I thought it was an Xbox exclusive.
It was actually a PS3 exclusive, but a 360 port has been anounced.

Quote:
Well, I'd get an Xbox over a PS3 anyway, I think.
That's dumb.
__________________
Don't trust the police.
No justice; no peace.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
WHY IS THERE NO PC BUILD OF THIS GAME?
A lot of developers are dropping PC support for console exclusivity because of digital pirates =/

Quote:
It's going to look like **** on console comparatively, and the whole point is a graphical thing.
Yes, it will, but raw graphics =/= beautiful game. I'm more interested in gameplay these days, anywhoo.



Quote:
It was actually a PS3 exclusive, but a 360 port has been anounced.
True dat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Last Edited by tallgeese; 02-15-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:18 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
Console titles are pirated all the time; it isn't as if there's a significant gap or anything like that.
You need a chipped console, however. PC piracy is much bigger than console piracy. Console piracy requires more work on the pirate's end, especially with avoiding the Xbox 360 military police of doom and their banhammer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Last Edited by tallgeese; 02-15-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 PM
8bit 8bit is a male United Nations 8bit is offline
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
View Posts: 8,349
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
A lot of developers are dropping PC support for console exclusivity because of digital pirates =/
Nah, but that's a good scapegoat. The real reason is that publishers don't want to deal with the cost and hassle required to support PC releases of games, when there's a smaller market and more competition. Also, PC players tend to have [reasonably] higher standards. E.g., less tolerance for ridiculous DLC, or lack of dedicated servers for multiplayer games.

Quote:
Yes, it will, but raw graphics =/= beautiful game. I'm more interested in gameplay these days, anywhoo.
Yeah, but the graphics are the central point of this game. And it'd look so much better with some subsurface scattering on the characters and higher resolution textures.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
You need a chipped console, however. PC piracy is much bigger than console piracy. Console piracy requires more work on the pirate's end, especially with avoiding the Xbox 360 military police of doom and their banhammer.
Well, I think in terms of console piracy, the DS is a good example. It's much easier to pirate DS games than most PC games, and yet, it doesn't have the same issues as PC has that are attributed to piracy.
__________________
Don't trust the police.
No justice; no peace.
Last Edited by 8bit; 02-15-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
Nah, but that's a good scapegoat. The real reason is that publishers don't want to deal with the cost and hassle required to support PC releases of games, when there's a smaller market and more competition.
It's probably a combination of that and what I've mentioned. You can't honestly believe piracy isn't one of the reasons they are pulling away from PC support?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Well, I think in terms of console piracy, the DS is a good example. It's much easier to pirate DS games than most PC games, and yet, it doesn't have the same issues as PC has that are attributed to piracy.
I don't consider handheld portables to be the same thing as a home console.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
8bit 8bit is a male United Nations 8bit is offline
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
View Posts: 8,349
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
It's probably a combination of that and what I've mentioned. You can't honestly believe piracy isn't one of the reasons they are pulling away from PC support?
Why would piracy cause this? Perhaps AAA developers want to thwart the growing indie games scene, however, I'm enough of an optimist t0 assume this isn't the primary reason.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I don't consider handheld portables to be the same thing as a home console.
That's because they're not the same thing. Handheld consoles are handheld. I'm not sure what your point is, though.
__________________
Don't trust the police.
No justice; no peace.
Last Edited by 8bit; 02-15-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:34 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
I blame the 360 for gobbling up the PC's niche (Note that most big 360 games--at least up until two years ago--are also available for the PC, and that the 360 has historically relied upon genres that the PC market claimed as their own, such as shooters).
There is a chance that Microsoft did this with pirates in mind at one point or another.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
That's because they're not the same thing. Handheld consoles are handheld. I'm not sure what your point is, though.
I was talking about the variations in difficulty. (to pirate)

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
In any case, though, I highly doubt that piracy is why the PC gaming market is in the slump that it is; console title piracy was incredibly heavy two generations ago, and the big boys were able to survive without the tough anti-piracy measures they take today.
The difference between now and then is that blockbuster games take 50+ million dollars to develop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
8bit 8bit is a male United Nations 8bit is offline
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
View Posts: 8,349
Re: L.A Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
There is a chance that Microsoft did this with pirates in mind at one point or another.
Nah, the entire point of the Xbox was to secure DirectX as the de facto game development API, pushing OpenGL and friends out of the market. This would then force people to use Windows/Xbox as their gaming platform, as no games could be built for any other platform. That's why porting from Xbox to Windows and vise versa is particularly easy, relative to porting from other consoles to Windows, or between other consoles.

Quote:
I was talking about the variations in difficulty. (to pirate)
That was my point. DS games (and Wii games) are much easier to pirate than Windows, Linux, OS X, PS3, or 360 games.
__________________
Don't trust the police.
No justice; no peace.
Last Edited by 8bit; 02-15-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,868
Re: L.A Noire

As awesome as this has been (wow! we spoke about piracy without ripping off each other's throats out!), I think we're derailing this thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -