Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2,850
Re: The ABSOLUTE hardest game you ever played?

Animal Crossing (DS version). I'm serious. I spent over a freaking YEAR on it and I'm missing less than 40 items. I used ACC and nookbay to access rare Nintendo items that are only given out in foreign countries that don't even appear in the catalog. Getting everything is more time consuming than college! After catching every bug and fish in the game, there is virtually no point in spending hours a day on it, just a little bit every day. Every day. EVERY day. Keeping up with your garden, checking the shop, searching for fossils, (until you fill up the museum) and trying to max out your bank. (I've cashed in a little over 10 million and to max it out you need 999,999 bells) I've gained every golden tool and have 6 neighbor pictures. (Also doesn't appear in the catalog) 5 years after I stopped playing I picked it up again after purchasing AR.

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

Last Edited by Archon; 01-18-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 40

probubly super mario galaxy 2 i hate it its so damn frusrtrating its not even funny. i paid 65 bucks for it and traded it in at gamespot and got 15 dollars in brand new condition fu** am i mad!
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,176

FFXI Online. One out of my top 3 favorite games is also the hardest game I have ever played. You will die in this game a LOT, and most things take a very long time to do, spending extensive time just to get a bunch of people together so that a certain item you need MIGHT drop off of a monster. If it doesn't, a lot of times you'll have to go through the entire thing again.

Opinions on Fi because banner: I really like Fi for her character design but the way she is used in the game is, IMO, part of a direction Nintendo has been going since WW that I disapprove of: having the game play the game for you.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
But Vegeta, Trix are for kids
View Posts: 979

Two games come to mind:

1) Call of Duty's Zombie mode: It's a game you can't win. You survive for as many levels until they finally get you, but that one's a bit cheap so...

2) Halo 2/3/ODST/Reach campaign solo on Legendary w/ Mythic Skull (if the game has it) on: Good luck, that's all I have to say. They're hard enough to beat with four people co-op on legendary.
But never will

Wolf Pack Pride
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Sage of Wisdom

View Posts: 4,480

Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES is probably the hardest game I ever played. I never gotten pass stage 4. Every time I would try to jump on to another platform, some bird would come out of nowhere and knock me off the edge every time.

That game has some kick ass music though.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

View Posts: 10,415

Probably this game. Seriously, the boss at the end is freakin' invincible. Your weapon doesn't seem to do any good against it at all - it regenerates health faster than you can take it away. Funnily enough, though, it doesn't seem too eager to finish you off, either. Maybe it's just laughing at you?

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
1 person liked this post: Sam
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɪᴅ ɢɪʀʟ
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonair
Steam ID: jackyjuju 3DS ID: 4597-0537-4657
View Posts: 454

FFS, QWOP.
I can never get into a proper running stance.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Vinyl Scratch Vinyl Scratch is a male Antarctica Vinyl Scratch is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Vinyl Scratch
Steam ID: psn_vinylscratchp0n3
View Posts: 781

OoA. Even my friend who is awesome at Zelda games can't beat the Wing Dungeon Boss. Seriously. It's friggin' ebil! And yes, it's harder than Japanese Mario 2. I've almost beaten that one.

PS3 Online ID: vinylscratchp0n3
3DS Friend Code: 5155 2916 9295, Pokémon X
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Goddess of the wind
View Posts: 269

Phantasmagoria... but i played it when i was reaaaally young, and it was so damn freaky and scary. After that, nothing has been ''too'' hard... Well, i regret playing Fear all alone in my dark basement on a 90'' projector. god, never finished the game.

i recommend you all searching up Phantasmagoria. its a fantastic nostalgic game thats really really old.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Hime
View Posts: 1,790

Metroid: Other M, hard mode.

God, the Queen Metroid. And her freaking Metroid eggs. I died around 30+ times before I finally beat her.

It's been FOREVER, ZU.

FOREVER.

HOW YOU BEEN!?
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to zay
Wii U ID: Zay.95

View Posts: 11,725

master quest or AOL

SIG BY CAYLEY

Alle Menschen werden Brüder
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 330

Ima have to say, right now it's Super Monkey Ball for the ipod. That game is frustratingly hard at times.
Megaman 3 used to give me a lot of trouble too. It's hard to get good at, but once I did, it was definitely one of my favorite games in the series.

As for the initial question, I'll give you my top 5 (excluding games that are supposed to be hard, like I Wanna Be The Guy)

1. Super Monkey Ball (ipod touch)
2. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
3. Kid Icarus (NES)
4. Zelda 2: Adventure of Link (NES)
5. Ninja Gaiden (NES) (I guess)

http://www.youtube.com/user/moodscello
^my youtube channel. I cover zelda music.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Geek, and Proud of it
View Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira View Post
Pokemon Snap,that game was a pain in the behind.
Really? ...Wow. I admit, it's not exactly EASY, but if you know what you're doing, you can both get all the areas and a picture of Mew AND get pictures of all the Pokemon in the game in just a few hours... I did that once...

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Hardest game I've ever played? Final Fantasy IV. The DS version. Not that the original game wasn't hard (although admittedly, I wouldn't know), but the DS version... God. Half the bosses, and quite a few enemies, are PAIN INCARNATE. In fact, when I got to the final dungeon, I just got the ultimate weapons and armor and ran from every random encounter. And as you can imagine, there were A. LOT. OF. THOSE. Another really hard part: Lodestone Cavern.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica
View Posts: 4,250

It has to be Zelda 2. It is the overall hardest game I ever played.
However, there are certain games that have parts harder than the entirety of Z2.
Days against that ****ing tentacle monster.

3DS FC
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 AM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Ghosts 'n Goblins for the NES. I only remember beating the first level.
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Ganon's Bane
View Posts: 5,781

I never found the MegaMan games to be that hard. All of the X games are easy except for X7 as long as you get the upgrades. The classic games can be a little difficult if you're playing on japanese mode. Even then, they're not bad. MegaMan & Bass was much harder. A perfect level of difficulty in my opinion.

Then came MegaMan 10. I swear this game is 1,000 times harder than all of its predecessors. It seems that the game knows you can buy several energy tanks, so it upped the difficulty to make you need them. In the previous games, I never needed them except occasionally against final Wiley in mm7, and that was just 1 tank. I had to use a bunch in 10.

The hardest game I've beaten is Battletoads. I played on a rom and used save state often to master the game without having to ever start over. After I mastered it, I went back and beat it fairly.

Doom on Nightmare is also really hard. I never could beat it. Seems impossible to me, but many have succeeded.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Geek, and Proud of it
View Posts: 30

You know another game that is really hard for me? Spirit Tracks. You know how the Tower of Spirits is supposedly easier than Temple of the Ocean King, because there's no time limit, and you don't have to revisit previous parts? ...WROOOONG! The later levels are BRUTAL, and because there's no time limit, they take MUCH longer to complete than Temple of the Ocean King. And then there's that freaking Skeldritch, the boss of the Sand Temple...
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,176

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - This game's hard only because of one stage... ONE. STAGE. that took like 3/4 of a year to beat... On World 10, Stage 5, almost the ENTIRE stage is made of platforms covered in tiny little spikey pyramid things that you have to jump across, and with the annoyingly "everything is inflated" physics that for some reason they decided to go with for this game which didn't make any sense since the physics engine in the first 2 games were FLAWLESS. ...but yeah... like SEVEN JUMPS on these things which most of the time you just bounce right off of them into the abyss below because the physics make it impossible. Then, when you get to the end,here's a safe spot that looks just like the other 5 safe spots, but it's FAKE! Congrats, you have to do the whole thing over again... One of the most brutal levels in the history of video games. ...and the rest of the game wasn't even that hard! It was just that one stage... The game wasn't nearly as good as the original two either... I was disappointed...

Opinions on Fi because banner: I really like Fi for her character design but the way she is used in the game is, IMO, part of a direction Nintendo has been going since WW that I disapprove of: having the game play the game for you.
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Hat Wizard
View Posts: 609

Without a doubt, you have to burn the rope, I can never reach that stupid rope.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

Lets see.... it would have to be Home Alone for the SNES i can never get past the first part of the game