Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#121 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Goron
View Posts: 248
Re: PC vs Console

It depends on the situation really. For real gaming (more "hardcore" gaming), PC outclasses console in every way. Any console player trying to pass them off as a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer is laughable. On the other hand, consoles are much easier and faster to transport and set up. It's also generally a better "party" gaming device in the sense that it's easier to have fun with friends, family, etc. when they come over although lately 360 and PS3 released games have been single-player/online specific with no option for splitscreen or otherwise.
  #122 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Ganon's Bane
View Posts: 5,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
For real gaming (more "hardcore" gaming), PC outclasses console in every way. Any console player trying to pass them off as a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer is laughable.
Yeah, except for the whole half of all hardcore titles being console exclusives thing.
  #123 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver arrow View Post
Yeah, except for the whole half of all hardcore titles being console exclusives thing.
The thing is they're not hardcore titles. People just call them hardcore to make themselves feel better about playing an inferior game. Take Counterstrike. Such an old game with pretty damn crappy graphics. But it's a game that takes so much skill to play effectively (even against bots) that hardcore gamers across the world continue to play it.

...Polamolecules"
  #124 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Ganon's Bane

Quote:
The thing is they're not hardcore titles. People just call them hardcore to make themselves feel better about playing an inferior game. Take Counterstrike. Such an old game with pretty damn crappy graphics. But it's a game that takes so much skill to play effectively (even against bots) that hardcore gamers across the world continue to play it.
Uh, not really. Competitive online FPS games are not the only hardcore games. There are plenty of hardcore single player games. There are classic arcade style games, rhythm games, adventure games, etc. These are not inferior. I guess I'm not hardcore for being able to AAA Max 300 in DDR since it's not a PC game.
Last Edited by silver arrow; 12-27-2010 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Goron

Quote:
Uh, not really. Competitive online FPS games are not the only hardcore games. There are plenty of hardcore single player games. There are classic arcade style games, rhythm games, adventure games, etc. These are not inferior. I guess I'm not hardcore for being able to AAA Max 300 in DDR since it's not a PC game.
As you said though, "classic arcade style games, rhythm games, adventure games". None of these save the latter is every a console exclusive and I wouldn't necessarily consider adventure games hardcore unless of course you're trying to do something within a certain statute of limitations. But then if you look at it that way, pretty much every game on the market from Soul Calibur to Lego Star Wars can be considered a hardcore game if you play it a certain way. And even then, I would consider the most "hardcore" gamers to be those who play MMORPGs simply because in order to succeed, you need to spend hours upon hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars to become "1337" and last I checked there aren't any real MMORPGs out there on consoles.

...Polamolecules"
  #126 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Ganon's Bane

Quote:
As you said though, "classic arcade style games, rhythm games, adventure games". None of these save the latter is every a console exclusive and I wouldn't necessarily consider adventure games hardcore unless of course you're trying to do something within a certain statute of limitations. But then if you look at it that way, pretty much every game on the market from Soul Calibur to Lego Star Wars can be considered a hardcore game if you play it a certain way. And even then, I would consider the most "hardcore" gamers to be those who play MMORPGs simply because in order to succeed, you need to spend hours upon hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars to become "1337" and last I checked there aren't any real MMORPGs out there on consoles.
None of the genres I listed are exclusive. There are series from every genre that are console exclusive though.

A game's only hardcore if you play it hardcore. So in a sense, there are no hardcore games, only hardcore players. Generally speaking though, a hardcore game is a game that appeals to hardcore gamers rather than casual gamers. A hardcore gamer being someone who closely watches the industry and continuously buys and plays them as their primary source of entertainment. I know most people who play your so called hardcore games aren't 1337 at them. You have to be obsessed with Counter Strike for it to be hardcore. It's like that for all games really.
Last Edited by silver arrow; 12-27-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,981

How about using some of the many, many hours you spend fruitlessly babbling on ZU (or Facebook, or Twitter; choose your poison) learning how your computers actually work (it's not hard, promise!)?
  #128 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

I guess the tables have turned and that it touches Sam to do the silly one liners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Gibdo
They don't need to make a good PC controller if the Xbox one works perfectly, though, do they?
My point exactly. You have to shell out 40$ more when it would come out of the box with an Xbox 360. You guys continue to prove that console gaming is superior. Face it, the PC is not a gaming machine. It's a multimedia system that also plays games. If you're willing to fork over enough cash to get it just right, whereas a console would have everything just right on the get-go.

???

#129 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655

I always love how of all the console fanboys, Xbox fans seem to hate PC gamers the most, even though the Xbox basically is a PC. The Xbox is essentially a PC with all the non-gaming stuff removed. This was Microsoft's whole plan for the Xbox; to make something with the simplicity of a console and the ease of development of the PC.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #130 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 02:04 PM

I love how all the PC fanboys have a superiority complex and look down upon console gamers for their decisions for comfort and accessibility.

And, for the record, I've never owned an X-Box in my life.

???

#131 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
I love how all the PC fanboys have a superiority complex and look down upon console gamers for their decisions for comfort and accessibility.

And, for the record, I've never owned an X-Box in my life.
I don't really hate console gamers; just 360 gamers. The other consoles do
I also apologize if I came off as acting like I was looking down on you.

By the way, what do you mean there are o good PC controllers. You can easily find some that are just as good as console controllers for less than $40.

Heck, if you don't like that, they even make adapters so you can plug whatever controller you want into the PC.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #132 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 PM
nutdudeguything nutdudeguything is a male Norway nutdudeguything is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7

You can buy some good games to a pc, but I think it`s funnier to play on a console.
  #133 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Like I said, I'm looking forward to being able to hook up my Wiimote and Classic Controller Pro. Just have to get the Bluetooth adapter first.

???

#134 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
In the beginning... There was nothing, and then, there was something.
Send a message via Skype™ to GamerRob1
View Posts: 86

Meh, I like PC's mostly. Although I must say I do like Nintendo Consoles more than the PC, besides the Wii of course. The Wii didnt really have many games that I liked, I dont like how they forced the wii to focus on a family setting.

Still, PC is my stronghold besides Nintendo Consoles.

Enjoys Zelda, Soon to be a director!

http://www.youtube.com/GamerRob1
  #135 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 53

well I would go alf-half because they both have their ups and downs.
  #136 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349

Quote:
My point exactly. You have to shell out 40$ more when it would come out of the box with an Xbox 360. You guys continue to prove that console gaming is superior.
Versus paying $60 a year to play online, and paying far more for games...

Quote:
Face it, the PC is not a gaming machine. It's a multimedia system that also plays games.
Yes. Is your point that you save money by purchasing both in one package, than by purchasing each in separate packages?

Quote:
If you're willing to fork over enough cash to get it just right, whereas a console would have everything just right on the get-go.
How do I download my games onto my console? I want to play Call of Duty, but I can't find the direct download link.

Quote:
I guess I'm not hardcore for being able to AAA Max 300 in DDR since it's not a PC game.
http://www.stepmania.com/
Last Edited by 8bit; 12-27-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #137 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Face it, the PC is not a gaming machine. It's a multimedia system that also plays games.
What? lol that doesnt even make any sense. You think that PC's can't play a game because that isnt their essential purpose? Many different people buy specific hardware for their computer depending on what they are using it for. Whether if its homework, writing, etc... MOST PC gamers own a PC that has a strong graphics card, more RAM, etc... and basically, a gaming computer. That makes the PC a gaming console and is upgradable and fully customizable unlike other consoles. Im not saying I hate consoles, I jsut like the PC more. Hopefully Nintendo's next console will be better than the Wii because its just... a family console. It lacked the hardcore gamer touch. Other than that Nintendo consoles are probably my favorite even more than the pc.

#138 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM

I didn't say that, GamerRob. I said that the PC has multiple purposes and thus you have to spend more money to get it the way you want it. Whereas with a console...

Meh, is it worth continually repeating myself?

???

#139 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that, GamerRob. I said that the PC has multiple purposes and thus you have to spend more money to get it the way you want it. Whereas with a console...

Meh, is it worth continually repeating myself?
Meh, makes sense. Even though it costs more money its just how the PC is. I havent upgraded my PC for about a year now and hasnt had any problems with any games at all. Plays Bad Company 2 on High with no problems. Its understandable for console players though. But the reason im posting here is because I luv Nintendo.

#140 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349

Quote:
And you save money, partially because its a 'multimedia machine' that you would own regardless, and partially because the games are cheaper.