Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13
Sonic FanRemix

Has anyone seen this fan game yet? This was made by two fans! Two poeople! it's hard to belive because the amount of beautiful Artwork/Sonic model/details and busy backrounds really come to life once you start to play and see this in motion,and looks fun and it's Free!
you would think at first glance that sega would have made it.

What i really found creative and with details about the game so far is
1.the cloud dust as sonic runs(when it rains is more dark brownish)
2.In the backround at the start of act one,you can see the deathegg.
3.play all the acts and you will see the roboland sign get rebuilt in the backround.
4.The flowers are bouncy and happy just like from sonic 1 and 2
5.the rain effect is new,but brings more life into the game(insted of getting stiff feeling)
6.the shadow effects
7.certin place you run by you will hear birds chirping where the lots flower vines.

I can go on and on but you get the point.

I feel cheated out of sonic 4,have yet to play it,but i will.but when i do i'll feel that sega didnt even bother to put much effert or creativity into there game after seeing this fan game.only two people.....sega has no excuse,they even tried to take this down,yet they left those other fanmade sonic games alone...and everyone know the guys not making mony of this...so ya..

anyways check out the video,its realy amazing,even sonic running animation is perfect! and the movements are just like sonic 1 and 2.
Also i read that tails will be in the game.So far the guys have only released demo.

Video Link:YouTube - Emerald Hill Montage - Sonic Fan Remix
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Fabulous
View Posts: 1,893
Re: Sonic FanRemix

I saw the title and hoped it meant this game was actually out. It does look good but it's completely unfair of you to judge this and Sonic 4 before you've played either. I haven't gotten Sonic 4 yet either but I think it looks really good, and so does this. Why can't they both be good? Also, seeing as they're remaking Sonic 2 they don't have to worry about level design or anything. Of course the graphics are the highlight, it's the only thing they've had to put creativity in to
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

I thought it was funny that Yuji Naka allegedly said that Sonic FanRemix was 256 times better than Sonic 4.
Sonic 4 was an "ok" game for me.
But Sonic 4 critique is another story.

Sonic FR, at least in the vides, looks leagues better than Sonic 4, that's for sure.

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by riomhaire View Post
I saw the title and hoped it meant this game was actually out. It does look good but it's completely unfair of you to judge this and Sonic 4 before you've played either. I haven't gotten Sonic 4 yet either but I think it looks really good, and so does this. Why can't they both be good? Also, seeing as they're remaking Sonic 2 they don't have to worry about level design or anything. Of course the graphics are the highlight, it's the only thing they've had to put creativity in to
I agree i havent played sonic 4,I have seen gameplay and trailers,and its okay,but i felt they could have put more effert into the artwork in the game even with the new levels based off the old sonic,It just looked to stiff for me,and remind me of playing some flash game.but the puzzle's are intresting,i'll give em that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
I thought it was funny that Yuji Naka allegedly said that Sonic FanRemix was 256 times better than Sonic 4.
Sonic 4 was an "ok" game for me.
But Sonic 4 critique is another story.

Sonic FR, at least in the vides, looks leagues better than Sonic 4, that's for sure.

I read about what yuji naka said,not suprised lol to bad he left.
I think its okay,as i still want to play it,even though it wont look great as this sonicfan remix.

I think if they hired these guys it would turn out better for future sonic game episodes and more people would want to replay the game insted of once.as you could go back later and just run threw the lvs and seeing these awesome art/busy bacrounds telling a story/the details etcs
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Blah tea blah, blah puzzles blah, blah blah blah blah
Send a message via AIM to EnMod Send a message via Skype™ to EnMod
View Posts: 34

Must have played this demo like 10 times lol, I wish they'd finish it up already
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

I personally don't like this game. I mean, it looks great! Sure. But there's such a thing as TOO MUCH polish to the point where it's distracting from the gameplay. Like Sonic Colors, where there was so much stuff going on in the background and everywhere else that I couldn't keep track of the little hedgehog even on the 2.5D parts.

This is a lot like that.

Sorry guys, though the rampant fanboyism screams that this is better than Sonic 4, I call it as BS. You aren't going to be making a soda better by throwing in ten more cups of sugar.

If you want to see an awesome 2.5D game with lots of background interaction that gets it right, see Donkey Kong Country Returns.

???

Last Edited by Coconut Water; 12-14-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote