$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#281 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Bang bang! Down down!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
View Posts: 27,500
Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, that image started appearing on the front page a tiny while after New Vegas had been released

Also, if somehow Caesar dies before the ending, and you work for the Legion and put Legate in charge, you really get the WORST ending.
  #282 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post
I'm still pissed off that the slayer perk needs UNARMED for you to acquire it, even though it's for both melee and unarmed.
I have a gift for you my friend.

By the way, I'm currently a few hundred points from level 30, and I'm getting pretty close to the end of the story (at least I think I'm close anyway). Does New Vegas have any kind of new game plus or anything? I would prefer to start at level thirty with all my skill points and items, and then just reinvest in different skills and perks so I can have a melee character; that way I can skip all the grinding process and just get right in.

I also plan on doing hardcore mode next game; having to deal with food and water sounds pretty interesting. The only thing that sounds hard is the weight problem; I already am almost always on the verge of being over-encumbered (though at least with a melee character I would have less weapons to juggle) and I really don't like the thought of having to take even more things into account.

Also, one last thing; where do I get the lawnmower blade for the Shishkebab? I have all the other parts I need, but I can't find a lawnmower blade anywhere. I want my flaming sword damn it!

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #283 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

No, there is no new game plus, sorry to say. You can't even keep playing after the ending, unless you have a mod for it; although I'm not sure if it works yet, I haven't tested it.

Goacbcs Freeplay after MQ at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community

Thanks for the mod :>
  #284 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Panic bomb, baby.
View Posts: 1,329

Brought another character to 30 doing the NCR storyline.

Independent ending was way better.
  #285 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

QUESTION!

Can you get the Shishkebab in FONV?

Because goddamn it. I want it. Favourite melee weapon in FO3

nvm, got one, Bardon in Hoover Dam had one for sale after a few retries.
Last Edited by insaney; 11-25-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #286 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2010, 01:36 AM
The Artist Formerly Known As Flex Buffchest
Send a message via Skype™ to Sgt. Pepper
View Posts: 2,854

I'm getting it free from my friend's, brother's, friend's, cousin who I know. His brother works at Bethesda. Although, I cannot get it because that requires a trip to Baltimore which is about an hour away, and I don't have time for it. I could get him to send it to me for Christmas, though.
  #287 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2010, 03:11 AM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney
nvm, got one, Bardon in Hoover Dam had one for sale after a few retries.
What do you mean retries? Can you change the stock by reloading a save or something?

I'm trying to get a shishkabab too; I have all the other parts but I can't find a lawnmower blade anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Zora View Post
I'm getting it free from my friend's, brother's, friend's, cousin who I know. His brother works at Bethesda. Although, I cannot get it because that requires a trip to Baltimore which is about an hour away, and I don't have time for it. I could get him to send it to me for Christmas, though.
Wait, you mean Bethesda is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland? I live about 40 minutes from there!I never thought to make the connection; I just assumed they just happened to have the same name, since Bethesda is a pretty common name.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #288 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Bang bang! Down down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Hawk View Post
What do you mean retries? Can you change the stock by reloading a save or something?

I'm trying to get a shishkabab too; I have all the other parts but I can't find a lawnmower blade anywhere.
By passing 3 days so his stock is replenished/changed.

Also when I was checking the vendors, Blake at Crimson Caravan had a lawn mower blade for sale, and his stock never replenished.
  #289 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post
Also when I was checking the vendors, Blake at Crimson Caravan had a lawn mower blade for sale, and his stock never replenished.
Well he doesn't have one in mine. Oh well, I really don't need it. The Shishkabab is just a curiosity in this playthrough; it's not until the next one that I'm going to focus on melee.

By the way, during I Can Make You Care, I was able to ask if I could join the Followers of the Apocalypse along with Veronica. I was told to come back the next day. However, when I came back later they were all killed by the Brotherhood (is it late enough that I don't have to bother with spoiler tags yet?). Is there any other way to join the Followers?

#290 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 16

Finished with my NCR guns and sneak character a week ago.... I had Boone and Rex. And I also finished by Yes Man guns and END character, with Arcade. Finally last night I finished my Legion playthrough with energy weapons, science and repair, using no followers. So today I started my Mr. House melee playthrough with Veronica and ED-E, about half way in. I play this game FAR too much....
  #291 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Bang bang! Down down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Hawk View Post
Well he doesn't have one in mine. Oh well, I really don't need it. The Shishkabab is just a curiosity in this playthrough; it's not until the next one that I'm going to focus on melee.

By the way, during I Can Make You Care, I was able to ask if I could join the Followers of the Apocalypse along with Veronica. I was told to come back the next day. However, when I came back later they were all killed by the Brotherhood (is it late enough that I don't have to bother with spoiler tags yet?). Is there any other way to join the Followers?
I kinda just wait 3 days right there. 24 hour increments three times and his stock refreshes/he gets new stuff.

Also I don't think you CAN join the Followers... which was weird. The only seemingly TRUE good group you can't join.

Tags
fallout new vegas, obsidian