Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 12:45 PM
llll llll is a male Abu Dhabi llll is offline
strong anti supporter of oot remake.
Send a message via AIM to llll Send a message via Skype™ to llll

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
View Posts: 546
Sonic Versus Mega Man

Lets Face it, Mario is incomparable. Sonic should be lucky that he even got an invitation to the Olympics because that game would have worked out even without Sonic and his friends. Even compared to Nintendo's second best mascot the infamous Link, Sonic is no competition.


But I was wondering, here on the forums, which character do you like more, or which series do you like more.

As a sub topic as well, If Capcom had been in the console war instead of Sega, do you think Capcom would have been more successful? (Sonic, Virtua Fighter and House of Dead being comparable to Mega Man, Street Fighter and Resident Evil)
__________________

Last Edited by llll; 09-05-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Rat Ireland Rat is offline
If I had a time machine that would be fresh.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: AD 33
View Posts: 662
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Sonic 2 was my first game, so if it comes to the classic Sonic games I'm gonna have to go with the hog. But, if we're talking against the newer Sonic games, Mega Man all the way.

Also, I want Sega VS Capcom. Screw Tatsunoko.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Ty Ty is a male Canada Ty is offline
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.


Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Daisy Villa Apartments
View Posts: 15,180
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

I'll play along rather than being counter-productive.

I really like both. A lot. But Sonic to me seems to be more of a mascot than Megaman. Megaman is just another character to me.
I really like Sonic games and characters more than Megaman.

And if Capcom had all the resources to run a console, I think they would be more successful than Sega. Capcom has in my opinion better franchises, and it seems like a greater fan following. They just don't have Sonic. But unlike Sega, they have more than just a few big franchises. The last bunch of sega games i've played, I didn't really like. Can't say the same for Capcom.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,890
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by llll View Post
Lets Face it, Mario is incomparable. Sonic should be lucky that he even got an invitation to the Olympics because that game would have worked out even without Sonic and his friends. Even compared to Nintendo's second best mascot the infamous Link, Sonic is no competition.


But I was wondering, here on the forums, which character do you like more, or which series do you like more.

As a sub topic as well, If Capcom had been in the console war instead of Sega, do you think Capcom would have been more successful? (Sonic, Virtua Fighter and House of Dead being comparable to Mega Man, Street Fighter and Resident Evil)
First of all, you're a Nintendo fanboy. Second of all, Sonic can move at the speed of sound. He could snap Mario's neck and break Link's legs and they wouldn't even see his blur.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Brad Brad is a male France Brad is offline
bonjour tout le monde
Steam ID: gamingcakes
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Connecticut most of the time
View Posts: 3,700
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

I prefer Mega Man, just because his games are harder than most Sonic games I've played.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
llll llll is a male Abu Dhabi llll is offline
strong anti supporter of oot remake.
Send a message via AIM to llll Send a message via Skype™ to llll

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
View Posts: 546
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post
First of all, you're a Nintendo fanboy. Second of all, Sonic can move at the speed of sound. He could snap Mario's neck and break Link's legs and they wouldn't even see his blur.
Awh right, which button makes sonic break necks? Was is A or B or wasn't it some funky D-pad combo?

Oh wait...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,890
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by llll View Post
Awh right, which button makes sonic break necks? Was is A or B or wasn't it some funky D-pad combo?

Oh wait...
We're talking about the characters, not what moves have been given to them in their games. Nice try though, you still sound like a fanboy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM
1984 1984 is a male United States 1984 is offline
Daccus Illuminatus Misericors
Steam ID: nikohesus
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 'merica
View Posts: 6,436
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post
We're talking about the characters, not what moves have been given to them in their games. Nice try though, you still sound like a fanboy.
First of all, stop insulting people by calling them a fanboy, second of all, the way you try to support your point is ignorant, you pretty much just stated opinions that, although creative, don't relly match the point of the topic, as well as not mentioning Mega Man at all.

I honestly prefer Mega Man, because in the direction Mega Man is going, it's still very successful. The music is EXCELLENT, much better than Sonic's. Although at the time Sonic had superior gameplay and graphics, Mega Man was stil top notch for the NES and continues to be top notch. The Mega Man X series continued that by giving the series a darker tone but still had a Mega Man feel. Comparing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to Mega Man 2, Mega Man wins. Vice Versa for the first games. But as they say, Apples and Oranges.

(Although I still love Mega Man better)
__________________
Last Edited by 1984; 09-06-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Notsil Notsil is a male United States Notsil is offline
The Comeback Kid
Send a message via AIM to Notsil Send a message via Skype™ to Notsil
Steam ID: LTK419 Wii U ID: ZachtotheFuture

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: JT2
View Posts: 13,395
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

My votes going to Megaman. I dunno what it is about Sonic, but I never really "fell in love" with the games, with the exception to (oddly enough) Sonic Advanture Two. I dunno what it was about that game, but I loved (and still do) the hell out of it. Not to mentioned the Chao-game was enough to sell itself. The genesis Sonics are all solid games, but none of them come close to Megaman 2, 3 and 4, or the X series. As far as the newer Megaman games go, I'm not much of a fan. Similar how the newer Sonic games have been at an all time low. So, uhhhh. Megaman.

or

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,890
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohesus View Post
First of all, stop insulting people by calling them a fanboy, second of all, the way you try to support your point is ignorant, you pretty much just stated opinions that, although creative, don't relly match the point of the topic, as well as not mentioning Mega Man at all.
I'm not insulting him by calling him a fanboy, which he is. He basically claimed that Sonic couldn't compete against Link or Mario for no reason whatsoever, as well as making bogus remarks about the Olympics video game.

The way I support my argument is actually a sound one, you just don't know what you're talking about. Sonic does move fast enough to be able to beat the crap out of Link and Mario without them even touching him, and you've didn't even try to prove me wrong. You just said my argument wasn't a proper one and left it at that. And the only reason I left Mega Man out was because I just had to call out the thread starter on how biased he was and how stupid his whole argument is.

Try harder next time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Sorry, but Radek is actually Lawful Awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM
1984 1984 is a male United States 1984 is offline
Daccus Illuminatus Misericors
Steam ID: nikohesus
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 'merica
View Posts: 6,436
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post

The way I support my argument is actually a sound one
Oh, wow.

Let's see your argument.

Quote:
Second of all, Sonic can move at the speed of sound. He could snap Mario's neck and break Link's legs and they wouldn't even see his blur.
This sounds like something an eight year old would say. You're basically stating a biased argument about how Sonic can "kill" the Mario Bros. Even I agree that Sonic>Mario (at least the earlier games) but the way you state it sounds totally wrong, and you're about as worst as the topic starter. If you want to say that Sonic is better than Mario, you could've outright said it and given some examples instead of just outright saying something immature. Sonic does move fast enough to beat the crap out of the Mario Bros, but what does that have to do with anything? It doesn't prove that either gameplay, graphics, or music are superior, it just says something true but is irrelevent.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Snow_Storm Snow_Storm is a male United States Snow_Storm is offline
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Louis
View Posts: 9,465
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Sonic would rape Roll, Peach and Zelda and cum on the faces of Mario, Megaman, and Link after the sex acts. Just because he ****in' can. I gonna admit I have a bias since I grew up playing more Sonic games than Mario, Megaman, and Zelda games despite those being somewhat amazing series during my childhood.
__________________

The affluenza made me do it
Last Edited by Snow_Storm; 09-06-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Marin Marin is a female United States Marin is offline
Send a message via AIM to Marin
Join Date: Jun 2010
View Posts: 70
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post
First of all, you're a Nintendo fanboy. Second of all, Sonic can move at the speed of sound. He could snap Mario's neck and break Link's legs and they wouldn't even see his blur.
Dead people don't move, Sega fan. Nintendo's Sonic on the other hand... /kicktothegroin





I'm going to be the first person to actually post on topic.

Megaman vs Sonic

Sonic is made of... flesh and bone.

Megaman is made of reinforced titanium. As in, sonic could basically bunch him and break his arm. You can't slit his throat. You can't break his legs.

Sonic is incredibly fast, and relies on this to make up for rather mediocre physical strength.

Megaman can fire superheated concentrated plasma. Y'know what that is? Let's put it this way. Getting hit with that stuff is like taking a bathtub worth of the freaking sun and having it shot into your gut.

Sonic can run at the speed of sound. Megaman has defeated super robots that could run at Mach 10. Speaking of which, he can also stop time around him, making Sonic move, think, and act at exactly 0 miles per hour.

Megaman has over a hundred different powers to choose from. Sonic has... uh... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Sonic would rape Roll.
Oh, and Roll's only weakness in relativity to Megaman's is cowardice. That means his only chance there is turning into a werehog and scaring her away. I mean, she could just stand there and he'd kill himself trying. Don't forget the hundreds of robot masters that can conveniently be reprogrammed to help.

Megaman has beaten things faster, stronger, more durable, smarter, and more relentless than sonic.





The games on the other hand. Megaman is a living legend. If Capcom wasn't such a prostitute about which companies they let have his games he'd be a mascot just as much as say Link. With the upcoming online multiplayer Megaman games such as Rockman Online I anticipate that Megaman's popularity will skyrocket. He has *Gasp* over one hundred games, and his fanbase is incredibly large even given this.



*Sniffles* Beautiful.

As for Sonic... The old games are history, sadly. Until Nintendo gets it right, he doesn't really stand much of a chance I'm afraid.
(These numbers and fighting abilities aren't exaggerations at all, by the way. =3)
Last Edited by Marin; 09-06-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
llll llll is a male Abu Dhabi llll is offline
strong anti supporter of oot remake.
Send a message via AIM to llll Send a message via Skype™ to llll

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
View Posts: 546
Re: Sonic Versus Mega Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I'm not insulting him by calling him a fanboy, which he is. He basically claimed that Sonic couldn't compete against Link or Mario for no reason whatsoever, as well as making bogus remarks about the Olympics video game.

The way I support my argument is actually a sound one, you just don't know what you're talking about. Sonic does move fast enough to be able to beat the crap out of Link and Mario without them even touching him, and you've didn't even try to prove me wrong. You just said my argument wasn't a proper one and left it at that. And the only reason I left Mega Man out was because I just had to call out the thread starter on how biased he was and how stupid his whole argument is.

Try harder next time.
Who the hell cares how fast Sonic moves. I'm talking about popularity. This isn't some fantasy match up fight. I'm saying people like Mario and prefer Mario games over Sonic and starting a topic comparing the two would be stupid consider Mario>Sonic. The only opposition would be people who grew up with Sonic and have nostalgic feelings about him. The whole point of this topic was to see who is more popular, MegaMan or Sonic, Sega or Capcom. Comparing Nintendo to Sega or Capcom would be stupid on any forum, not to mention ZeldaUniverse.

Although Mega Man I think was better than Sonic in their prime (8 and 16 bits) both have been lacking in recent games (both drifting away from the plat former they used to be). The real test is to see how Sonic 4 does with the already released Mega Man 9 and 10.

Like I said in the beginning of the topic Mario and Sonic are incomparable. I'll note had this been in the 90's, Sonic would be the likely candidate.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -