Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Hylian Knight
Send a message via AIM to Perfect Surrender
View Posts: 528
Re: Hardest( and cheapest) Boss Battles(Spoilers Warning)

Quote:
3.Gannon(O.o.T): The final form of Gannon is cheap. I mean, all you have to do to stun him is roll right between his legs and attack his tail. A pretty easy battle but still cool for the awsome music and graphics.
I totally agree with you!
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Grand Inquisitor
View Posts: 3,237

Hardest? hrm.

I'm trying to beat Nightmare in Fusion without an extras, and thats hard as hell.

Easiest: Gnawty- first boss from DKC.

I know there are more, but I just can't think of them.

Thanks to Captain Cornflake for the redesign, originally Pipking's.
Rules don't hurt, but mods make sure disobeying them does.|Adopted imstarbright
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2004, 12:09 AM
I have no idea.
View Posts: 4,183

I've been playing quite a bit of the old Sonic the Hedgehog games lately, and I was reminded of something...

Dr. Robotnik (Eggman), the final fight in Sonic 2. In my entire life, I think I beat him twice... out of who knows how many tries. You just... don't have that many options, as one of my freinds put it.

Edit:
Quote:
Death Egg Zone's Dr.Eggman(Sonic 2) When I was a little child, Dr. Eggman's huge robot was very hard for me. Now today(With the help of a few cheats codes at some points) I can take on him easy
Heh, agreed. (duh )
Never used a code though. >.>
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2004, 11:35 AM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,465

HBK(Shwan Michels) WWF WrestleMania 2001 for tha N64. The Heart Break Kid is hard. Took me 20 minutens to get the World Chapionship from him. "Oh oh Shwan..."

Super Queen Beryl(Sailor Moon: Another Story for SNES) 1st time around, can't beat her....2nd time, she only have 5,0000 HP(She was easy after 2nd time since I did a cheat code... heh)

Final Zone Dr. Eggman: Took me a while to defeat him(Sonic 1 for Sega Genisis)
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2004, 03:01 AM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
View Posts: 2,505
I'd say In FFIII(6) magimaster

When you fight him you can't physically attack. The fight could be really hard or really sad.The hard way is fighting him like normal. The easy way is equiping every one of your characters with wall rings(which reflect magic) and then walking away for a day. In the end Magi-master will run out of MP and then die(Magic enemies die when they run out of MP) Then as he dies he will try to cast Ultima, but he can't because he has no MP, so he loses pathetically.

Also the harder versions of the bosses in aLttP's four sword dungeon are somewhat challenging(OK fairly easy, except one) the Arghus one especially since the weak larva have been replaced with on-offs(which I hate because you can only attack half the time because they will electricute you)

Play with fire and get burned:
|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 45

actually i never get bad temoered when fight bosses in games...(that's wut im saving 4 the levels in the game that take so long cuz u always hav to repair console)...
hardest boss.....i never was interested in FF123...and so on(snes versions didnt cum out here, and i only have nintendo stuff)hardest boss...id have to think bout that....i dont seem 2 remember any...but there sum 4 sure...but io think, good games should always have really chalenging bosses(even when u know how 2 beat them)
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2004, 09:41 AM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,334

I still say Smithy from the end of Super Mario RPG was uber hard. It too me God knows how many tries to beat him, and even when I did I was pushed to the edge. He just had so many attacks that could wipe out a party member in one or two shots.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Mr. Wonderful Mr. Wonderful is a male United States Mr. Wonderful is offline
There is blood on my hands. How long till it lies on my heart?
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wonderful
View Posts: 7,608

I think I only had to try 2 times to beat Smithy. It didn't take much. For some reason, I recall that either I was constantly healing, which made the battle take longer, or he was constantly healing, which made the battle take longer. Heh. I beat him when I was 10 at like 1:00Am at night. I slept in front of the tv the night b4, and woke up at night to play games. Teh Perfect Crime. My parents never had a clue!
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2004, 05:44 AM
You know who else has the best tacos in the city!?
Steam ID: SomaCruz89
View Posts: 3,630

Lets see. Ansem's 2nd form when he fights you in the crater, that's hard. It took me likr 10 tries to finally memorize his attack patterns and to sucessfully avoid them and another a billion tries to finally beat this form. I was mad, because all the other stages after that one were easy as all mess. Also, Riku in his secend stage was hella hard too.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Narcissistic Misanthropist.
View Posts: 2,210

Bhaal in the Diablo II expansion set is absolutely insane... I forgot about that until I played the game on the weekend, but it's good online 'cause you can get about five or even ten blokes to mob him and just beat the piss out of him... *Evil laugh* Diablo himself isn't a piece of cake either, but he's nothing compared to Bhaal.. If that is his real name. <_<
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 07:24 AM
You know who else has the best tacos in the city!?
Steam ID: SomaCruz89
View Posts: 3,630

Also, I found the Omega Pirate hard. It is hard a hell at first, but once you figure out all the secrets to beat him, he's pretty easy. Also, Ridley from Fusion. I don't why I kept losing to him, but I did. It took me, I kid you not, 50 tries to bring the sucker down. It is easy now, but at the time, hard as all mess.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 07:27 AM

Oh yeah, Omega Pirate was some bull❤❤❤❤... I almost considered cheat to beat him, but I ended up dropping him in about thirteen tries.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Divine Dragoon
Steam ID: CodyDaviesTV Wii U ID: DragoonCody

View Posts: 14,989

The hardest boss I've ever faced was a boss whose name i can't remember from jet force gemini....

#34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 07:46 AM

Jet Force Gemini? That whole damn game was hard... I think.
Speaking of which, that game reminds me of Conker's Bad Fur Day, which sported an unbelievably cheap boss who was literally a pile of steaming ❤❤❤❤❤, at first I thought it was hard but then I got used to the art of toilet roll hurling. Same goes for the guy with brass nuts, because I simply didn't know how to do it, I do now though.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Goron
View Posts: 207

the hardest boss I ever faced is the boss of the 6th dungeon in ALTTP
and the cheapest rino in spider man the movie 2
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 38

End boss in XenoSaga (forgot its name)

This boss is super cheap against me. I'm at level 42 in the game, and whenever I fight this boss, it summons one of its helpers. Then out of nowhere it'll do it's ultimate attack against me and right after that, its helper will attack me and kill my party. It's so frustating, and I've lost five times due to that combo in both my save files.

Necron (Final Fantasy IX)

He isn't exactly hard most of the time, but in one battle where I was at level 70, he kind of went into a super crazy state and destroyed my party in about 5 minutes. I had no chance, he would just use his top attacks right away and decimate my party. I couldn't believe it either, I beat him at level 50 and beat him, so I thought since I was at level 70, I could destroy him, instead it was the other way around. I consider it my worst defeat ever.

Remedi (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)

Well, I beat Remedi in FFTA, but when I attacked her with my main character, he violated a law that I didn't know about (Remedi used Law Change on me) and I delivered the final blow, the judge ran up to me and handed me a red card. So Marche was sent to prison and instead of seeing the ending, I saw Game Over instead.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 03:22 PM
COOLEST NOOB RUNNER UP SPRING 2004

View Posts: 5,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by kure
Necron (Final Fantasy IX)

He isn't exactly hard most of the time, but in one battle where I was at level 70, he kind of went into a super crazy state and destroyed my party in about 5 minutes. I had no chance, he would just use his top attacks right away and decimate my party. I couldn't believe it either, I beat him at level 50 and beat him, so I thought since I was at level 70, I could destroy him, instead it was the other way around. I consider it my worst defeat ever.
Wow, I've been having some trouble with him soon, if you beat him at level 50, I guess I could try again (lvl 51). Final Fantasy IX has a long list of hella hard bosses, especially in Memoria. /=

[03:53] <+kazan> .8ball will the Cubs win a world series in Asci's lifetime?
[03:53] <&UB2R-B0T> ...LMAO
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kure
End boss in XenoSaga (forgot its name)

Remedi (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)
Sophie Peithos isn't too hard. Collect the all the parts for the Erde Kaiser Ether and blow away most of it's health, the rest is easy.

And I'll agree that Remedi is a cheap. I never had a law change used on me, but having all those Totema aiding her make the fight difficult. >.>
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Shatterpoint Shatterpoint is a male United States Shatterpoint is offline
Formerly known as Goffa and Brigoffa8
Send a message via AIM to Shatterpoint
View Posts: 723

1. Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts:

Although I'm sure someone must have said this already, this was imo the hardest boss in any video game i've ever played. Even at level 100, it is very very hard. You have to have many megaelixers...Sin Harvest >.> The cheap attack that brings you down to one hp and mp...and you don't even get donald or goofy with you <.< >.> The best i've ever done is getting him down to green health(I was sooooo close )

hmmm....other hard bosses for me were Emerald Weapon (FF7), Trance Kuja (FF9), My first time fighting Morpha and Gyrog...

can't think of any others right now

#40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 PM
I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffa
1. Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts:
You have to have many megaelixers...Sin Harvest >.> The cheap attack that brings you down to one hp and mp
You can stop Sin Harvest from working.
Remove all of Sora's special abilities (eg. Ragnarok, Blade Rush) and equip Strike Raid. As soon as he teleports and says "Sin Harvest", lock onto him and unleash Strike Raid, it will stop the attack. I'd still bring an elixir or two, just in case you don't attack in time, though.

Tags
battlesspoilers, boss, cheapest, hardest, warning