Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

Trailer here

From what I can tell here, it looks like Starkiller survives his apparent death at the end of the first game, and is back to kick more ass.

Anyway, is anyone else excited for this game? I really thought the first game was pretty sweet, despite the story being kinda poor. I personally hope that the sequel allows for more player input in the story, rather than simply forcing you along one plot line.

Anyway, discuss.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Most interesting man in the world
View Posts: 1,780
Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

I thought the story in the first was excellent and I enjoyed more than any of the new trilogy movies even. So I'm naturally looking forward to the second. I'm curious as to what it will be about though, I can't guess how it will go, or how Starkiller even survived. But whatever I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, plus it apparently has dual wielding and that is always awesome.

sig by Zorathan
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Cryptic Visions
Steam ID: TheJollyRajah Wii U ID: TheJollyRajah
View Posts: 1,797

The first game was enjoyable, but clunky. I hope they fix the targeting issues, repetitive boss battles, and give the game more polish overall.

But right now, I have little interest in Unleashed 2. There are TONS of other stuff they could make that fans would drool over, yet LucasArts ignores their fanbase and continues to make extremely mediocre games.
Last Edited by Cryptic; 01-03-2010 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 04:24 AM
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
View Posts: 5,061

The first game was fun to a point. It was riddled with design flaws and had terrible bosses. Nice fan service (except the story. ugh) The combat was lacking in a lot of areas.

I am interested in seeing what they're going to do here. The first game showed some serious promise for a future franchise.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom G
I thought the story in the first was excellent and I enjoyed more than any of the new trilogy movies even. So I'm naturally looking forward to the second. I'm curious as to what it will be about though, I can't guess how it will go, or how Starkiller even survived. But whatever I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, plus it apparently has dual wielding and that is always awesome.
Well, I frankly thought it would have been nice to have more choice. Instead of just choosing between light and dark in the last boss battle of the game, it would have been nice to be able to choose at every major plot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
But right now, I have little interest in Unleashed 2. There are TONS of other stuff they could make that fans would drool over, yet LucasArts ignores their fanbase and continues to make extremely mediocre games.
Like KotOR 3!

Anyway, while I am anticipating this, there a lot more Star Wars sequels I'd be more interested in.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'm pretty sure LucasArts is has taken the same path as LucasFilm by now.

I really wish they'd just ****ing make Battlefront 3. With today's technology, that game would kick SO much ass.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to Rew
View Posts: 14,292

I remember when news of this game came out a month or so ago, and I greeted it with a resounding "meh."

It probably won't be a bad game (but I do see incredible damage potential with continuity), but I really wish Lucas Arts would consider a game (or games) set during The New Jedi Order series. Fighting the Yuuzhan Vong on Wii/PS3/360? HECK YES.

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
I remember when news of this game came out a month or so ago, and I greeted it with a resounding "meh."
I'm in complete agreement with you there. I don't see TFU2 lighting up any sales charts.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,271

Mixed feelings about this. As a bit of a Star Wars nut, this kills the original story, which was actually really good.

But as a gamer, I'm excited. On 360 and PS3 the first one was a real disappointment, what with the lack of content and polish, but it showed some promise on the Wii. It's been announced that they're making a Wii version for number 2, and without a PS2 iteration in sight (along with Motion Plus available), it could be a much better title this time around.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 92

Actually, Bravo is NOT the only person who loved the original. The story fits in perfectly to the Star Wars Line (It even showed Vader over Kashyyk at the end of the Episode III) and Starkiller was a welcome addition to the series in my eyes. The DS version let me down, and the only response to the painting of Starkiller and Juno Eclipse kissing was, "WTF!!!!?????". I look forward to the next one.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 7,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
I must admit, though, that when the Youtube video was over and I saw links, I was far more interested in THIS:

It's gonna be a good year for gaming...
Me too. My list of must get games this year:

Bioshock 2
God of War 3
Fallout New Vegas
Batman Arkham Asylum 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Golden Sun DS
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Legend of Zelda Wii

There will probably be others, I just need to do my research and see if anymore appeal to me.

Join me and like-minded ZU'ers in the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread to create a support group to inspire and motivate others to reach their health, fitness, and wellness goals!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You! View Post
Actually, Bravo is NOT the only person who loved the original. The story fits in perfectly to the Star Wars Line (It even showed Vader over Kashyyk at the end of the Episode III)
Are you referring to the shot of them looking out over the Death Star being constructed? That wasn't over Kashyyyk; the Death Star was constructed over Despayre (I know, I know, my fan boy is showing).
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 92

Looked like Kashyyk. Maybe that's because the two of them look so alike.