Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 AM
yare yare daze
Send a message via Skype™ to MotokoChill
View Posts: 1,355
Re: Private Gaming Corporal Discussion

lol I always hated those games for some reason.
9!
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 02:02 AM
OLÉ, OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ
View Posts: 17,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK: 5895/9999 View Post
Like SMG's with spray damage or what? Only ones of those I've found so far are weak, even though it's sprayed.
Yeah, exactly. Once you find the ones that do x4 projectiles you make light work of pretty much all creatures. I still keep my distance for human and Eridian opponents though.

Mind you, you don't find any really useful ones 'till like the end of the game.
Quote:
Also, confirm whether the places you go into are instances or not please (ie. loot / boxes comes back with bosses every time you enter.)
Big bosses such as Sledge or Nine Toes don't come back, but Mini Bosses like Bone Head and pretty much anything else reappears. Loot boxes replenish after you leave the sector.
Quote:
Oh, and what's the level cap and can you continue it in a game+?
The cap is fifty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsil View Post
Alpha Skags suck. I remember Marley and Moe were SO damn hard until I was over leveled for them, then I stomped them out.
Yeah, Moe and Marley are the second hardest beast mini-bosses. The hardest is definitely Mothraak with Skagzilla as a close third. I was disappointed when you never had to fight a giant Lava Crab Worm.

But yeah, as far as Moe and Marley go, I remember seeing my brother spend half an hour fighting them, and I was like "**** that," so I waited 'till I was like, 5 levels higher than they were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
3. Why didn't any of you start as the Hunter? For shame, people.....for shame.
I started as the Hunter, but it doesn't really matter. Roland and Lilith are just as good. Brick sucks though. Never chose Brick unless you want to play co-op.

Did you guys know you can jump on enemies to hurt them? If my Xbox wasn't RRoD'd right now I'd try it out. It's probably going to be the first thing I do once I get it back.

That is, of course, if Mass Effect 2 isn't out by then.
Last Edited by Loveboat; 12-30-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason:
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

View Posts: 21,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chari View Post
What're you stuck on? If it's Mr. Orange's Konohona Shuffle then I say good luck to you...
Nah it was Susano wacking the firey heads off the Crimson Helm's Orochi form. I got passed it (after many many MANY tries.) and am now about to face Orochi in the moon cave. Apparently you gotta do that same sort of thing again. D: Not looking forward to it.
ef hann á sér í vá veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal viđ kveđa
ef hans freista firar

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
You can run, but you can't hide...
View Posts: 2,878

You have to do it more than 2 times, my friend. D:

Usually it only takes me around 2 tries each, because for me Okami has this fun way of not responding whenever I do that kind of stuff.

Sig by Jackyjuju - Vivi Wilder
Last Edited by Chari; 12-30-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason:
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Sage of Wisdom

View Posts: 4,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK: 5895/9999 View Post
As for Super Mario Wii, I'm up to the world with those caterpillars in. Haven't been playing it much though, mainly when my nephew was over.
Right now, we're at the water world. Penguin suit is easily the best.

I'm a bit confused to why they decided to put two random colored toads as playable characters when they could of easily put in Toad or Wario or just someone better known. :/
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
*GASP* WHO STOLE MY POPTARTS?!
Send a message via Yahoo to Karaszure Send a message via Skype™ to Karaszure
View Posts: 3,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
Did you guys know you can jump on enemies to hurt them? If my Xbox wasn't RRoD'd right now I'd try it out. It's probably going to be the first thing I do once I get it back.
Yeah, I did. You can actually get a trophy/achievement for killing an enemy that way.

It's cleverly titled "My Brother is an Italian Plumber". XDDD

Twitter | Soundcloud
Nintendo Network ID: Karaszure
3DS Friend Code: 3136 6671 5270
Sig by me
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,981

Okami felt far more fluid with the analog stick, which makes sense, really; the less control you have, the more accurate it will be (ie. the less room for error). Great game either way.

I thought Oddworld Inhabitants said they would have released the Oddbox by now.
Last Edited by Sam; 12-30-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason:
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 PM
OLÉ, OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

Hey Blaine, since you're the self-proclaimed Borderlands Expert, can you explain something about Class Mods to me?

I know they don't affect skills you can't reach yet, but can they still put points into skills that are "lit up" on the skill tree, but are still level zero? And as for skills that are already level 5, do class mods still bump those up? Like, for example, If I have Bird of Prey up to level 5 so Bloodwing can attack 5 enemies, if I have a +3 Bird of Prey Class mod, would he be able to attack eight enemies?
Last Edited by Loveboat; 12-30-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason:
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
*GASP* WHO STOLE MY POPTARTS?!
Send a message via Yahoo to Karaszure Send a message via Skype™ to Karaszure
View Posts: 3,688

Quote:
Hey Blaine, since you're the self-proclaimed Borderlands Expert, can you explain something about Class Mods to me?

I know they don't affect skills you can't reach yet, but can they still put points into skills that are "lit up" on the skill tree, but are still level zero? And as for skills that are already level 5, do class mods still bump those up? Like, for example, If I have Bird of Prey up to level 5 so Bloodwing can attack 5 enemies, if I have a +3 Bird of Prey Class mod, would he be able to attack eight enemies?
I honestly don't know, since my Hunter isn't spec'd for the Rogue Tree in any way. But this might tell you more information than I ever could:

Borderlands Wiki

And I only call myself that because I'm really the only one that plays/has played Borderlands the most. Nothing more, nothing less. Though I suppose I COULD invite the real experts over here.

Twitter | Soundcloud
Nintendo Network ID: Karaszure
3DS Friend Code: 3136 6671 5270
Sig by me
Last Edited by Karaszure; 12-30-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason:
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Jiizasu Kuraisto
View Posts: 10,823

I'd like to take the chance to say that some people in this board should lighten the hell up when discussing the production and gameplay of virtual realities. Let's all get bitter at eachother because someone else said Nintendo sucks ass, or w/e. plz.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
heart of a lion
Send a message via Skype™ to Red
View Posts: 15,922

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. Once you find the ones that do x4 projectiles you make light work of pretty much all creatures. I still keep my distance for human and Eridian opponents though.
My Assassin/Controller Siren mainly uses a double anarchy. Level your SMG skill up, and the things are just damn unfair. Killing Guardians on playthrough 2 was too damn easy for me. The one I was using had a 54 round mag, and with the amount of projectiles, mixed with my SMG skill stuff, and damage of the gun, I could just plow through their shield like nothing.

Quote:
Big bosses such as Sledge or Nine Toes don't come back, but Mini Bosses like Bone Head and pretty much anything else reappears. Loot boxes replenish after you leave the sector.
You've not done playthrough 2.5, have you? All major bosses sans the final one respawn as well.

Quote:
But yeah, as far as Moe and Marley go, I remember seeing my brother spend half an hour fighting them, and I was like "**** that," so I waited 'till I was like, 5 levels higher than they were.
Your brother sucks then. They didn't take me nearly that long. Even on playthrough 2. =/

Quote:
The amount of damage it does is terrible though. If you're trying for the achievement, just find a skag pup, injure it till it almost dies, then just keep jumping on it.
Last Edited by Red; 12-30-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason:
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Kingslayer
View Posts: 27,731

So for Christmas I got Dragon Age: Origins because it looked really interesting.

However, it started to slowly disappoint me. I started off as a Dwarf Rogue Commoner and got up to the point where you have to escape from the prison and I just kind of lost interest there. A little later I tried out an Elven Magi, but during the basement scene my interest was lost. I went for the Dalish Elf and got through the opening story and everything and went out into the wilderness. I collected the three vials but just lost interest again.

I think it's just bringing me back to the days when I played MMOs. Here I am out with a party of NPCs as the only ranger and 3 melees and they still come after me. The combat seems extremely boring from what I've seen, and somewhat difficult. One yellow ranked caster and a white melee guy wiped our party of four (including me)

So what's the problem here? Am I playing two of the worst opening stories and then hitting a low point? Does the combat improve as the game goes on?
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 12-30-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason:
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
heart of a lion
Send a message via Skype™ to Red
View Posts: 15,922

Dude. Play through the beginning of the damn game first before you judge. Gets a helluva lot better after your initiation into the Gray Wardens.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Your Salvation Through Destruction
View Posts: 1,016

Also, playing it on PC or console really does make a difference, it's generally agreed that the console version sucks.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Mr. Wonderful Mr. Wonderful is a male United States Mr. Wonderful is offline
There is blood on my hands. How long till it lies on my heart?
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wonderful
View Posts: 7,608

So I'm really surprised by how good 358/2 Days is. I mean, it's not exactly mindblowingly good, but it doesn't suck. Honestly, I think the best part of the series is Shinomura's music, hands down, which makes me unable to WAIT for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 09:45 PM
OLÉ, OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I honestly don't know, since my Hunter isn't spec'd for the Rogue Tree in any way. But this might tell you more information than I ever could:

Borderlands Wiki

And I only call myself that because I'm really the only one that plays/has played Borderlands the most. Nothing more, nothing less. Though I suppose I COULD invite the real experts over here.
I was asking it in a more general sense. The Bird of Prey reference was just to provide an example.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 PM
#firstworldproblems

View Posts: 5,908

I've been trying to find out if Tomb Raider II is available on the PSN, but no luck. I swore I read that it was out already somewhere.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 PM
__
View Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Irving View Post
I've been trying to find out if Tomb Raider II is available on the PSN, but no luck. I swore I read that it was out already somewhere.
Er, it is.
Quote:
released for ...the PlayStation Network in 2009.
Last Edited by GooeyKablooie; 12-30-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason:
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
#firstworldproblems

View Posts: 5,908

^I'm going back to find that game. I watched the whole playthrough the other day, and I can't wait to play it myself again after many, many years.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
always willing to stand corrected

View Posts: 17,466

Who else was super excited to see the old Crash Bandicoot games on the PSN? And who else bought them? Eh, eh eh?

Closed Thread

Tags
metroid, mike was here ash smells, my trident she growsss, prime