Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Masturbation- good or bad?
Good 38 82.61%
Bad 1 2.17%
Undecided 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
forte Morocco forte is offline
destroy space lincoln
Send a message via AIM to forte Send a message via Skype™ to forte
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: space time
View Posts: 14,423
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbitrator View Post
The intent to become knowledgable is irrelevant as to the status of his stupidity, and ignorance doesn't mean "without the desire to become knowledgeable at all", it just means "unaware of a fact" usually, except the contexts in which it is used tends to mean that someone is unaware of something they really should be expected to know.
lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc

Okay, take out the desire to part.
__________________
IGN - Maeby | FC - 5215 1135 7950

Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Eternal Paradox United States Eternal Paradox is offline
“The Earth? We ate it yesterday.” —Yann Martel
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
View Posts: 3,075
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkin View Post
Eternal Paradox: For all we know Wikipedia is full of biased wankers. There is always contradicting evidence. Sources are hard to find: Ever tried researching 'negative masturbation' on the internet?

If you want my source, go ask... practically any scientist, or go read a book or something. While it helps some, it definitely has a detrimental effect on others.
But it's the scientists who are promoting masturbation. During the Clinton administration we had a surgeon general who promoted masturbation.

Sexual Health: Sex Matters: Myths About Masturbation
"Despite the fact that there is no evidence that masturbation impairs physical or mental health, there are many people who still believe that it's harmful - or worry that it might be."

I looked for information on whether it was bad for you. Couldn't find any.
__________________
A message from God.

Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War - River Song
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,232
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc

Okay, take out the desire to part.
What would you say to someone who thought that the UK was in the Middle East? Would you call them stupid? Yes, you would, because despite their probably innocent ignorance, it's still stupid. Same goes here I'm afraid.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
SacredSturgeon Holy Roman Empire SacredSturgeon is offline
Imperator Romanorum
Send a message via Skype™ to SacredSturgeon

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sacrum Romanum Imperium
View Posts: 22,768
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Paradox View Post
It is held in many mental health circles that masturbation can relieve depression, stress and lead to a higher sense of self-worth
If it really does this, it's only by a very small amount. -_-


Anyway, I see nothing wrong with masturbation. It feels good and doesn't cause any harm. Yeah.



Also, I love how one of the tags of this thread is "masturbationgood"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,232
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor SacredSturgeon of Nayru View Post
Also, I love how one of the tags of this thread is "masturbationgood"
I noticed that, and the first thing I thought was "Newspeak holy ****."
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Awkin Awkin is a male United Kingdom Awkin is offline
Nothing really mattress
Send a message via Skype™ to Awkin
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Engleberry
View Posts: 5,584
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Because everyone is really going to forge scientific evidence in order to make it appear like masturbation is okay. This ****'s in the news all the time, about how masturbation or other sexual activities are good for health one way or another.
That's not what I was saying.

I get this every time I try to present a controversial idea. Go ask someone who is not inherently biased, and see what you find out there. It'll mean a lot more if you do it yourself, because nomatter what I say people seem to have a special desire to protect masturbation.

EP: I see no actual evidence there, just some cracker saying 'Masturbation's fine'. I think there's some preciously western idea that goes 'If there IS a minor problem around masturbation - don't tell the people hooked up on it. One of them hormones makes people aggressive and arrogant.'

I'm not saying that if you masturbate your legs will fall off: but aren't 'those scientists in the news' (Or was that the arbitrator?) working for the people who make a living off not upsetting people and telling them roughly what they want to hear?

Just because you didn't find any information doesn't mean it's not out there. Try harder.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is a male United Kingdom Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Island
View Posts: 20,843
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

I dont even see how lust can possibly be such a bad thing in religion. Lust is a natural feeling people have and we cant control it. (at least I cant)

Personally I think masturbation is fine, no matter how you do it when you do it or who you do it with.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,232
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkin View Post
That's not what I was saying.

I get this every time I try to present a controversial idea. Go ask someone who is not inherently biased, and see what you find out there. It'll mean a lot more if you do it yourself, because nomatter what I say people seem to have a special desire to protect masturbation.
So basically it's exactly what you were saying. YOU have a special desire to attack it for whatever reason, without providing any evidence to contradict the VAST amounts of evidence from a VARIETY of sources to the contrary. Is the entire media part of some vast conspiracy to make masturbation acceptable and undermine the moral integrity of our great country? Let me guess, are you a Daily Mail reader?

Quote:
EP: I see no actual evidence there, just some cracker saying 'Masturbation's fine'. I think there's some preciously western idea that goes 'If there IS a minor problem around masturbation - don't tell the people hooked up on it. One of them hormones makes people aggressive and arrogant.'
Is that why we don't tell alcoholics and drug addicts it's bad for them despite their tendency towards violence too? Oh wait. We do.

Quote:
I'm not saying that if you masturbate your legs will fall off: but aren't 'those scientists in the news' (Or was that the arbitrator?) working for the people who make a living off not upsetting people and telling them roughly what they want to hear?
Is that why there's something in the news pretty much every day about how something we take for granted will give us cancer? Is that why the scientists are only too happy to tell us about new virii or superbugs and whatnot? Is that why there's something in the news every day about children being abused by their own parents? Is that why we hear about muggings, rapings, killings on a daily basis?

Oh, right, yeah, sorry. If the media fabricates stories about how OTHER people are suffering, it'll make us feel better about our own ****ty lives under Big Bro-I mean, Gordon Brown.

Jesus Christ. You're worse than me after I first read 1984.

Quote:
Just because you didn't find any information doesn't mean it's not out there. Try harder.
How about you PRESENT this information to us instead of sitting there with a probably smug grin saying "I'm right but I'm not going to prove it, all evidence to the contrary of what I'm saying is wrong, and you're all wrong because you disagree with me and believe what the evidence tells you."
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
Last Edited by Lord Zero; 01-09-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Bobby Emerald Bobby Emerald is a male United States Bobby Emerald is offline
There's no reason why I'm not enough.
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York
View Posts: 8,256
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Kitty View Post
I dont even see how lust can possibly be such a bad thing in religion. Lust is a natural feeling people have and we cant control it. (at least I cant)

Personally I think masturbation is fine, no matter how you do it when you do it or who you do it with.
Many people can control lust, sometimes it's just hard to do so.
__________________
Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.

Be happy about progress and realize nobody is above it, ALWAYS be happy with wherever you're at and be good to yourself.
Then, simultaneously, PUSH yourself to beat the plateaus.
Quote:
Your personal level of excellence dictates your mental level of deservedness that shapes your behavior of entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Women want equality. Therefore I would punch a woman just as hard as I would punch a man. Because I'm into feminism like that.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Lady Rao Lady Rao is a female Lady Rao is offline
Banned User
Join Date: Oct 2008
View Posts: 225
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

I think that of God didn't want us to do things like that, he would have made our arms shorter.

Anyway, i think it's normal for someone to masturbate as some point at their lives...
Why shold anyone stop someone from doing something that is normal. Now if someone's obsessive about it, then there's a problem, but once in awhile is normal.

If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend you really shouldn't do it, but if your alone for the most part of life, i guess that's one way to get pleasured...
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
The Bex Express Australia The Bex Express is offline
Let me get the hose.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Downunderverse
View Posts: 4,118
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Man, this is going well so far for a masturbation thread.

As for me, I can't imagine having anything against people jerkin' it. They're your sexual organs, people.

Also, Awkin (and I'm pretty sure this exact discussion came up in the last masturbation thread we had), it really would help if you could reveal some of your sources. "Ask any good scientist" is not giving a source. It actually makes your argument (which I have no opinion on at this point) seem less credible, if anything. It's alright to just give an opinion, but when you start claiming that it is a scientifically supported theory, you won't be taken seriously unless you can show where you found this out.
__________________


Sig by my Robert
Okay no room for banners but I won Most Fabulous Hair and Coolest Member guys
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,232
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Especially when the copious amounts of actual scientific evidence say something otherwise, you'd better have a DAMN good source to contradict all of them.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku is a male United States Hatsune Miku is offline
Sweet Devil
Send a message via Skype™ to Hatsune Miku
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Urbandonment.
View Posts: 14,252
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

I basically agree with everyone who is pro-masturbation.
As for the rest I want to say:
Come send a request to join my group!
Zelda Universe Forums - Masturbation is a sensation. I just don't want to stop. Group!!!
__________________
Poop apples.
Bricks are like donkeys.
Boats take for ever to eat.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Eternal Paradox United States Eternal Paradox is offline
“The Earth? We ate it yesterday.” —Yann Martel
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
View Posts: 3,075
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkin View Post
EP: I see no actual evidence there, just some cracker saying 'Masturbation's fine'. I think there's some preciously western idea that goes 'If there IS a minor problem around masturbation - don't tell the people hooked up on it. One of them hormones makes people aggressive and arrogant.'
That "cracker" has a PhD in medicine.

Quote:
Just because you didn't find any information doesn't mean it's not out there. Try harder.
Well the information I'm looking for contradicts the current scientific understanding on masturbation. Why don't you provide a source? Your the one with the claim that masturbation is bad.

You told me to check some books, so here are three:

http://books.google.com/books?id=WhU...sult#PPT238,M1
That first one is a biology text book. It says "In fact there is no medical or scientific evidence that masturbation is harmful."

http://www.christianyouthcounseling....en%20Years.pdf
The second is a religious article. It says: " There is no scientific evidence to indicate that this act is harmful to the body."

http://books.google.com/books?id=KsW...um=2&ct=result
The third is a 1991 report on sex. It says: "Is masturbation bad for you?: No, it might even be helpful"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm
And a news article from 2003 showing how preliminary results showed that masturbation lowered your cancer risk.
__________________
A message from God.

Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War - River Song
Last Edited by Eternal Paradox; 01-09-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Razekial Razekial is a male United States Razekial is offline
Sounding a mosaic
Send a message via AIM to Razekial
Join Date: Jul 2005
View Posts: 2,808
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

I do not find masturbation to be harmful in any way. Some studies suggest, as previously mentioned, that it might actually safeguard a prostate from cancer, etc. But that's obviously not the biggest reason for masturbating, now is it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkin
EP: I see no actual evidence there, just some cracker saying 'Masturbation's fine'. I think there's some preciously western idea that goes 'If there IS a minor problem around masturbation - don't tell the people hooked up on it. One of them hormones makes people aggressive and arrogant.'
Awkin: If you want to present your arguments in this thread, please provide a source for your claims. Last time you said what you just did you failed to do so even after being asked by several people. Let's not do that again.

And, not trying to sound "holier-than-thou" here, so I'm sorry if it comes off as such, but how do you honestly expect to be able to attempt to debunk others for lack of evidence when you yourself have failed to provide any actual information on a controversial argument, even after having been asked to do so many times over 2 or more threads on this topic? "Look it up yourself" and "any creditable scientist agrees" is not good enough.
__________________
Last Edited by Razekial; 01-09-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

I'm fapping right now.
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Redonkulous Homunculus United States Redonkulous Homunculus is offline
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: right here.
View Posts: 13,410
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead View Post
How come no matter how many times I talk about it either online or offline, no one ever brings up the Deadly Sin, Lust, as a reason for why masturbation is considered bad? It's much more reasonable and legitimate than "it is morally wrong and evil".
because the deadly sins are not biblical. those were completely made up by Dante when he wrote the divine comedy, mor specifically- theInferno.

the catholic church used his writings as scare tactics for the illiterate poor to keep them in check and paying their tithes/buying indulgences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torayuri View Post
I think that of God didn't want us to do things like that, he would have made our arms shorter.
well, you know- we do kinda have to, ya know- wipe our asses......

I see what you mean,and it's a cute comment, but I had to just put that out there
__________________
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8516&dateline=1360969  553
"Always make graphs. You'll never accomplish anything in life without graphs." -SacredSturgeon
Last Edited by Redonkulous Homunculus; 01-10-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Rash Rash is a male United States Rash is offline
Resident Pigmask
Send a message via ICQ to Rash Send a message via AIM to Rash Send a message via Skype™ to Rash
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
View Posts: 942
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

If God didn't want certain things to happen, then there'd be an endless loop of actions He could take to prevent them.

If He didn't want us to masturbate, he'd make our arms shorter. Since we then couldn't wipe our asses, He'd remove the need to wipe the ass. Etc.

If it was so important to believe in, say, deadly sins, why wouldn't He show us a some better concrete proof that these sins are truly deadly?

If God had the power to do all these things, what's keeping Him from doing them? Why would He need to interfere in some ways and not in others? Either He does everything, or He does nothing, and from what I've seen, it's more reasonable to say that He does nothing. Keep masturbating, people.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Nothing!
Last Edited by Rash; 01-10-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Hack&Slash Thailand Hack&Slash is offline
EVERYTHING
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Forest of Pain
View Posts: 1,907
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

" ... and masturbation is a great exercise for your strumming hand, you know?" - Daron Malakian (SOAD guitar)

He said that on a Youtube video. I believe it was guitar lessons with Daron or something. And I agree completely.

Masturbation is good - for guitar players.
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I don't encourage it. Wait. That didn't sound right, but you know what I mean, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Snow_Storm Snow_Storm is a male United States Snow_Storm is offline
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Louis
View Posts: 9,465
Re: Masturbation-Good or Bad?

Hey guys, thought I came by and force my religious beliefs on why masturbation is a sinful act despite some Christians actually think it is not.

Acts 17:11 Archive: Masturbation, What Does the Bible Say?

Here's the TL: DR version:

Quote:
The Scripture is strangely silent about this universal issue, while not shy about all sorts of other sexual situations and perversions... in great detail concerning sex with animals, etc. Yet the bible says nothing about masturbation. This is odd, don't you think?

Some, mistakenly, cite Onan in Gen 38:9 as suggesting that masturbation is a sin. In fact, "onanism" has become a synonym for masturbation. But this is obviously an error, and a rather daft one at that. We know what Onan did, for it is spelled out for us in lurid detail; and we know why it was a sin: he was maliciously using and cheating Tamar in way that was wrong. In any case, what Onan was doing was certainly not masturbating, and you have to be pretty dimwitted to miss this.


In fact, there is no place in scripture where masturbation is even mentioned, much less forbidden. This is a very odd situation since it is so common a human experience, and given that scripture speaks of other sexual sins (some fairly perverse and rare) without any shyness at
all.

Since scripture does not forbid masturbation directly, neither should Christians in general.
"Nothing beyond what is written" in terms of how we should help lead others to the Lord is the rule. But since you asked, or clicked, as the case may be, we will give you the best answer we can using what we do know from scripture as our guide. We should stick to emphasizing the things God has told us are important, and not be teaching things that the Lord has never expressed His opinion on

Sex was not created for this, you can be sure. [I}That God allows masturbation to even work is a mystery (ever try tickling yourself?) and so it is reasonable to assume that it is a "gift" to keep ourselves from temptation.[/I]
.
Does any religion consider masturbation a sin? - Yahoo! Answers

Is Masturbation A Sin?

I'm not giving the TL: DR of those links because it was even TL: DR for myself.

Also, I think the whole "Wasted Seed" is straight-up B.S. So, when you have a wet dream, something you can't even control , it is a sin, huh? Somebody your body does involuntary is a sin?

Now, I personally don't think mastubation is a sin. I can say, if done too much, it can be addicting. And if you have a f'd up mind, it can lead to sin, like say, rape. However, that's if you can't tell from right or wrong when it comes to this subject.
__________________

The affluenza made me do it
Last Edited by Snow_Storm; 01-10-2009 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad, masturbationgood, scienticific evidence


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -