Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 04:39 AM
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
View Posts: 9,202
Re: Your Dating Experiences

Companionship may be a nice feeling, but the only reason a man needs companionship is to A) Breed and B) Prevent himself from going insane in solitude. Dependence is not an issue in this day and age, thankfully.

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 AM
I will always be watching you from the shadows.
Send a message via AIM to AXavierB Send a message via Yahoo to AXavierB Send a message via Skype™ to AXavierB
View Posts: 1,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
Companionship may be a nice feeling, but the only reason a man needs companionship is to A) Breed and B) Prevent himself from going insane in solitude. Dependence is not an issue in this day and age, thankfully.
Exactly. Absolute solitude and deprivation of affection is maddening. It can make you feel sort of worthless. That's how it is with me, anyway.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 AM

But only the weak of mind have that danger of going insane in solitude. *shrug* It's not pleasant, but it's survivable.

#84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to AXavierB Send a message via Yahoo to AXavierB Send a message via Skype™ to AXavierB

Quote:
But only the weak of mind have that danger of going insane in solitude. *shrug* It's not pleasant, but it's survivable.
Meh, everyone is weak of mind when broken down enough. Personally, I'm extremely introverted, as I mentioned before, but at the same time a lot of my happiness depends on knowing other people care about me. If they didn't, my self-image would be completely damaged.

Then again, this could be used to argue that love is really selfish. We love people and hope they love us back. If they don't, we get hurt or angry.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 AM

"Meh, everyone is weak of mind when broken down enough."

"Everyone is weak of mind when their mind is weakened."

=/

#86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
"Meh, everyone is weak of mind when broken down enough."

"Everyone is weak of mind when their mind is weakened."

=/
Hey, don't you try to correct me. >=/

But what I'm saying is some people are so fragile that they literally can't live without companionship, and anyone has the potential to be pushed to that point. Also, unrequited love can turn people into stalkers. Not that I would know, I'm just assuming is all. <_< >_>
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 07:08 AM

If there's an inherent problem in the person that can happen, sure.

#88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Busy bee
Steam ID: EternaLegendEL

View Posts: 17,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXavierB View Post
It's true that love of any kind is a double-edged sword. Whether it's romantic or platonic love, becoming attached to someone is setting yourself up for sadness when that person is gone.
I know how that feels... But at the same time, it can grant you happiness if you are happy with the things you have acccomplished for them. I'm talking about if they have died loving you. But if they moved onto someone else... Hmmm... It's not the same feeling unfortunately.

Quote:
But at the same time, having no one to care for and confide in can be extremely painful. I've never had an actual relationship, but I have experienced this with the love I have for my family. Sometimes I feel like they don't care what I think for feel, and that drives me crazy. Sometimes I feel that the affection I get from other people is fake, and it's an awful feeling. I need to depend on someone. I don't agree with the concept of growing up as losing dependency on people. We're human and we're not perfect, so we're always going to need friendship and support from others.
Somehow, you always seem to steal the words from my mouth! But this exactly what I was meant to say.

Quote:
As for romantic relationships, the closest I ever came to one was a trip to the movies with my friend when I was eight. I had a crush on her at the time. Then she said she didn't like me that way. I... I just... I--I thought we had something special...
I know how that feels... To get rejected by the one you love... Why can't they at least give us chances?
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend View Post
I know how that feels... To get rejected by the one you love... Why can't they at least give us chances?
Because you're far too sensitive and needy.

#90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Because you're far too sensitive and needy.
How cold. Caring about people doesn't automatically make you "needy".
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
It does when you're treated like **** and you practically ask for more.

#92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Busy bee

Quote:
Somehow Lelouch doesn't know me and portraits me as a 'terrible, needy person.'

Yes that was cold.

Lelouch, I want some respect, if that isn't too hard to ask.

You seem to portrait yourself higher because you are older than most.

That is cold.

And as Xavier has said, I care for people. Surely the ones that only care for themselves are the 'cold type.'
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 AM
It is difficult to be alive.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jodd
View Posts: 11,393

Quote:
Lelouch, I want some respect, if that isn't too hard to ask.
Then stop whining about how terrible your life is. People might not just pick you as a generic whiny mid-teen from a mile off, that way.

From what I see, Lelouch is trying to give you the idea that he is more intelligent and has more life experience than you, because he is more intelligent and has more life experience than you.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Then stop whining about how terrible your life is. People might not just pick you as a generic whiny mid-teen from a mile off, that way.

From what I see, Lelouch is trying to give you the idea that he is more intelligent and has more life experience than you, because he is more intelligent and has more life experience than you.
First of all, I don't whine about my life in particular. That is asking for trouble. I only seek answers from questions that don't relate to me.

Second of all, heh, it's quite funny how you judge me as for being a whingy teenager. Since when did you know me?

And third of all, while Lelouch may be older, it doesn't mean that older people go through more than younger ones. Some older people sit on their computers all day when children could be travelling the world or experiencing different things everyday than most fat slobs do.

He might be intelligent when it comes to linguistic and meaningful skills, but he may lack what most have.

I'm not trying to portrait him as a negative person. But it is people like you who love to jump into conversations and to make a bad impression of yourself.
Last Edited by EternaLegend; 11-04-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason:
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
First of all, I don't whine about my life in particular. That is asking for trouble. I only seek answers from questions that don't relate to me.

Second of all, heh, it's quite funny how you judge me as for being a whingy teenager. Since when did you know me?

And third of all, while Lelouch may be older, it doesn't mean that older people go through more than younger ones. Some older people sit on their computers all day when children could be travelling the world or experiencing different things everyday than most fat slobs do.

He might be intelligent when it comes to linguistic and meaningful skills, but he may lack what most have.

I'm not trying to portrait him as a negative person. But it is people like you who love to jump into conversations and to make a bad impression of yourself.
This is a forum. Sometimes I read posts that make me rage. At the moment, a third of them are yours. Judging by both the content and the method of your posts, I can tell that you are whiny teenager. If you disagree with that judgment, re-evaluate the way you post.

Yes, some older people may experience less than some younger people, but it is rare, and I know that Lelouch is a fully functioning member of adult society, and thus has been exposed to enough to qualify him for passing advice onto younger people. Age doesn't determine what you experience in your life, but it does determine your perspective on it.

Quote:
If he has an abundance of meaningful skills, what could he possibly lack, apart from un-meaningful skills, ie skills that have no meaning? He can't press 80? Couldn't work a lathe to save his life? Is yet to build a ship in a bottle?

And the word you should be using is "portray". You are trying to "portray" him as a negative person. Not paint his damn picture.
Impressions? You think I care about those? I've been here years, and seen idiots come and, thankfully, go, and I care very little about what they have thought about me.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM
:coffee:

View Posts: 17,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Yes, some older people may experience less than some younger people, but it is rare, and I know that Lelouch is a fully functioning member of adult society, and thus has been exposed to enough to qualify him for passing advice onto younger people. Age doesn't determine what you experience in your life, but it does determine your perspective on it.
I disagree. Well, only by my experiences. Most of the time when I go to older people for advice to certain things going on in my life, they -most of the time- shake their heads, their eyes bulge and wonder why in the world I'm asking them such a question when they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's probably just in my general area of life, whereas, with you, it could, actually, be rare.

Everything else I agree with though.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 AM

You whined about how someone you "loved" wouldn't give you a "chance". If he was honestly such a ****ty person, one wonders why you're still dwelling on him, and by the sound of your posts the reason he treated you that way was because you became emotionally dependent on him, which either scared him off or outright disturbed him. And you said that Xavier "put words into your mouth" when he said that he NEEDED someone to depend on. I didn't portray you as anything, I only simplified what both your posts were saying in an attempt to make you realise how pathetic it sounded.

Either way, if he was such a dick to you, you should realise that he was never worth having to begin with and that you're probably better off without him. Otherwise you're no better than those domestic abuse victims who still insist that their husbands love them even after a hospital visit where someone saw through their pathetic "I fell" excuse.

And it's not because I'm older that I think myself superior. I thought you were older than me for a start, that didn't stop me from pointing out how pathetic your rather whiny posts sounded.

#98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenjoker View Post
I disagree. Well, only by my experiences. Most of the time when I go to older people for advice to certain things going on in my life, they -most of the time- shake their heads, their eyes bulge and wonder why in the world I'm asking them such a question when they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's probably just in my general area of life, whereas, with you, it could, actually, be rare.
As I said, it depends greatly on the issue, and the person. If a seven year old asks a 20 year old where babies come from, you can expect the 20 year old to be pretty knowledgeable on the topic. Whereas, if the same seven year old asked the same 20 year old why her parents broke up, it can be a very different story. If our older example hasn't experienced such an issue first-, or even second-hand, then advice on the subject becomes rather loose and not necessarily helpful.
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
View Posts: 4,374

Quote:
It's true that love of any kind is a double-edged sword. Whether it's romantic or platonic love, becoming attached to someone is setting yourself up for sadness when that person is gone.

But at the same time, having no one to care for and confide in can be extremely painful. I've never had an actual relationship, but I have experienced this with the love I have for my family. Sometimes I feel like they don't care what I think for feel, and that drives me crazy. Sometimes I feel that the affection I get from other people is fake, and it's an awful feeling. I need to depend on someone. I don't agree with the concept of growing up as losing dependency on people. We're human and we're not perfect, so we're always going to need friendship and support from others.

And... I basically just did a Yu-Gi-Oh!-style friendship speech.
^I never watched Yugioh, but....epic lulz anyway. xD

as Plato would say "a man who lives independent of the polic [in laymans terms: complete isolation] is either the best of them all or the worst."

We are social by nature, because well, that's kind of how we come into being. We want companionship. It is only natural.

Monty Python: the meaning of life, anyone know which scene I'm thinking of....?

EL, and Lelouch: I think you two should date. You both would make a cute couple. :3

Last Edited by Era; 11-04-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason:
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devia Erasmus View Post
EL, and Lelouch: I think you two should date. You both would make a cute couple. :3
They say opposites attract.

Lelouch, maybe I worded some things wrong. I don't believe in being totally dependent on other people. You're right that we need self-reliance, I'm just saying that people are fallible and sometimes need comfort from others. I'm not even talking about romantic love, because it's understandable not wanting the emotional baggage of a relationship. But still, familial love and friendship are things most people need. Of course, I can't speak for everyone.

ELouch is my OTP.
Closed Thread

Tags
dating, experiences