Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
View Posts: 2,464
Ugh, I'm beginning to hate my mother!

Okay, a little background information: I'm a vegetarian. I've been one for three years and there is no stop on the horizon, and I don't take my convictions in stride, either you accept them or you get out of my face. I'm aware I come off as a hardline communist, but this betrays my individualist bent. I believe the individualism in some degree is a valid philosophy to live by, and I accept that my fine and developed personal tastes are not to be buried in the dirt because of family, state, friends, society...Ich hab mein sach auf nichts gestellt!

I see absolutely no reason to do something I do not feel obliged in doing, and considering that I am far more advanced than the average man or woman who looks to me in the street, it is my moral duty to believe such.

Anyways, my mother cooked a huge breakfast today since it is my sister's birthday and she invited a few family members over to share in their feast. The menu? Nothing a moron wouldn't eat: bacon, eggs, buttered toast, sausage. If you can't tell, I'm pretty disgusted by it all, and this is compounded by the fact that I have never liked any of this food and she didn't even leave my morning tofu and juice out for me when I woke up this morning.

The point of the thread is to share my utter disbelief and horror when she calls on me to do the dishes knowing full well that I refuse to touch meat or handle anything that would otherwise get that type of stuff on my hands or clothes. I told her that she was going to do it, and if she didn't like it she could get my brother to do so, and then she starts yelling in front of the guests and cursing me!

Afterward, she runs into her room and pulls the old parent card saying that I'm disrespecting her and undermining her authority(cough) as a parent and I'm a bad son. Me, her first-born, the only one who regularly listens to her out of my siblings, the one who lives a modest lifestyle to better handle the finances, a bad kid! Hearing this I told her she can go to hell and I refuse to wash up on the basis that she forgot to set aside my food and that she assumed I would be happy to do something I've already explained hundreds of times I would never do.

I don't know what to do anymore, I've already held family meetings and outlined my position multiple times and I've even gone as far as to throw away my brother's diabetes medication(another story, but it was made through animal testing) to prove my point, and to prove that it is a valid concern for humankind in conjunction with environmental issues.

I'm about to break because she thinks I'm wrong, when it is clearly her! What do you guys think I should do to rectify the situation, barring cleaning the dishes?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960
Re: Ugh, I'm beginning to hate my mother!

I think you should respect your mother.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:49 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,395

Suck it up. She didn't make your meal? Get off your lazy ass and make it yourself.

Don't like touching dishes with meat on them? I dunno what to tell you. If only they could invent something that lets you touch it without actually touching it... Something like... rubber gloves.

<Steam>
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
SCIENTIST Jwal SCIENTIST Jwal is a female United States SCIENTIST Jwal is offline
Ask me about my mushrooms!
Send a message via Skype™ to SCIENTIST Jwal

View Posts: 4,950

You complain and tick off a lot of people and play the victim. Be glad your mother didn't *****-slap you in front of everyone.

[My Zelda Wiki Page]
Jwal's Shop:FB|dA|Etsy
FC: 1332-7760-5087
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I believe in perversion
View Posts: 1,066

Tell her real men eat yogurt in the morning, slap her and tell her to make you some yogurt.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion
I've even gone as far as to throw away my brother's diabetes medication(another story, but it was made through animal testing)
I just noticed this.

What the **** is wrong with you?

Your brother needs that ****ing medication to LIVE, dumbass. I myself have a sister AND father who are diabetic, and throwing away their medication would basically be wishing death to them.

It was made with animal testing? Well guess what? Throwing away the medication isn't going to bring the animals back. If you want to make a difference, make a petition or form a protest or something, but don't put your brother's life in danger.

You sick ****. You don't even care about your own family, and yet you expect us to give two ****s about you BAWWWWWWWWing that mummy was mean to you?

Get out of my sight.

<Steam>
Last Edited by Silver; 09-12-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Soho hears the lies, the twisted cries, the lonely sighs

View Posts: 5,988

For once, I'm going to encourage you to be an *******s, Discussion. Because your mom's being completely unreasonable here. My sister used to be a vegan (haha, she's more hardcore than you!), and the smell of meat would cause her a ton of crap. Also, I don't ever see why I should have to do someone else's dishes anyways.

Or, you know, if you wanted a compromise... tell her you'll do all the dishes that don't have meat on them if she keeps them separated, but otherwise she can just kill herself. Odds are they're all mixed up by now, but, you know, she really should have actually put a bit of consideration towards you on this.

... Though, you know, you are a huge dick for throwing away your brother's insulin, and I honestly could not care less whatever half-assed defense you have for doing that. :/

You do realize that developing diabetes prior to the 20th century meant that you probably had at best a few years to live in constant torture, right? :O
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I caught you a delicious bass.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rheks
Steam ID: rheks
View Posts: 2,101

Get your own breakfast, wtf.
My parents never make breakfast for me. Seriously, just suck it up. You can't hate your mother from such a little thing.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
The real great 8
Steam ID: Chocobotamer
View Posts: 5,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
/Rant.
She gave birth to you.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Metropolis_Life Metropolis_Life is a male Canada Metropolis_Life is offline
Guardian of the Harikanian
Send a message via Skype™ to Metropolis_Life
View Posts: 504

For once Discussion, I totally agree with you. Not with the "throwing away the insulin" thing, that was the most retarted thing you've ever done, but with hating your mother. We are in the same boat, as I pretty much hate my mom too. (though for different reasons)
She b****es at me constantly to be organized in school and all that crap. I can't fight my nature to be disorganized and I don't give a crap about school either. I've already planned out my whole future (and I'll say right now that it largely involves rolling around in the cash I'll make from my twelve-part fantasy series) but she won't listen to it. Do you need math to become a fantasy author? Or do you even need it to become a lawyer? (my second job option) I don't think you do!

Anyhoo, back to your problems. You should probably ask her, real politely, to sit down and have a talk with you. Tell her very calmly your side of the story, and if she's a kind mother, then she'll listen. If that doesn't work, then maybe threatening to leave home would work. Or maybe pull some other card that would make her cry and listen to you.

Also, you should probably give back the insulin, or else she won't listen to anything you say. Believe me, I speak from experience.
1 person liked this post: Zelda lover
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 134

You're lucky. My mom never washes my clothes, cooks my food, or gets away from the computer watching her soap operas on TV. I even have to wash EVERYWHERE. Be thankful, Discussion, that you don't have a mom like mine. At least yours cares about you.

Sig by Necco
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
The real great 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feere Gorone View Post
For once Discussion, I totally agree with you. Not with the "throwing away the insulin" thing, that was the most retarted thing you've ever done, but with hating your mother. We are in the same boat, as I pretty much hate my mom too. (though for different reasons)
She b****es at me constantly to be organized in school and all that crap. I can't fight my nature to be disorganized and I don't give a crap about school either. I've already planned out my whole future (and I'll say right now that it largely involves rolling around in the cash I'll make from my twelve-part fantasy series) but she won't listen to it. Do you need math to become a fantasy author? Or do you even need it to become a lawyer? (my second job option) I don't think you do!
Things never go as planned. You should always have a back-up plan.

Believe Tott, he speaks from experience.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 PM

I do have a backup plan. You saw the lawyer thing, right?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
View Posts: 4,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
I've even gone as far as to throw away my brother's diabetes medication(another story, but it was made through animal testing)

Aww sh**, here we go again.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
The real great 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feere Gorone View Post
I do have a backup plan. You saw the lawyer thing, right?
SUPER TOTT is not blind. He simply wanted to add that part, because otherwise it would've felt empty.

Why do you want it to feel empty?
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
View Posts: 14,292

My mother died almost a decade ago, but there still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. And I think primarily of the ways that I could've been a much better son than the self-centered, spoiled twat that I was, sometimes in blatant disrespect toward her, especially considering all that she did and sacrificed for me (as well as my brothers).

Be thankful you still have your mother and make the most of the time that you have with her as well as all your loved ones. Life is too short for hate, especially toward the ones who (in a sense) gave you life.

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Link the Zora Link the Zora is a male United States Link the Zora is offline
Trying to get a room in the Stock Pot Inn since 2000.
Steam ID: NEVER!!!

View Posts: 9,361

Look, sometimes we have to do things we hate.

You think I like having to pick up a steaming pile of doggie crap? No. Do I tell someone else to do it? No. I suck it up and pick up the crap.

I hate animal testing. I really do, but if my family needed the medication to survive, then I'm willing to let that slide, even though I hate the fact that scientists used it to torture animals.

I have no problems with people not wanting to eat meat, but gods damn it, if you don't want to touch meat, there are ways to work around it like wearing rubber gloves so you're not in direct contact with the meat.

Look at your local Target/Wal-Mart store. I can gaurentee that there's some rubber gloves for sale.

You need to grow up and be a man. No wonder your mother is angry. She needs help around the house and you're resisting her at every turn.

If you're old enough to fix your own food, then do so yourself.

Are you old enough to go live by yourself? If so, then what are you waiting for? Go find yourself an apartment to live in and you can live life the way you want to.

If not...then I'm sorry.

andi: If you're part of the family, you must contribute. That's the whole point of it. Everyone pitches in to do the work.
I don't like scrubbing vinegar oil stains from the bottom of the cooking pot...but I do it anyway.

FG: Even JK Rowling needed to have a job before (and during) her writing of Harry Potter. It was only when she got incrediblly wealthy that she (probably) retired.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
It's what you are.
View Posts: 3,347

Simple solution: kill yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ranny
I can't do two things on the computer at the same ****ing time.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 315 View Post
Simple solution: kill yourself.
Funny, I would've suggested that myself if I hadn't felt some kind of kinship with Discussion after reading the OP.
I suppose this means I'll be going communist soon. At that point, I'll take your advise.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960

Incendiarism, you are a dangerous extremist. The similarities between you and Lee Harvey Oswald are frightening.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
Closed Thread

Tags
beginning, hate, mother, ugh