Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Scrumpadoochous
View Posts: 1,010
Re: Do you care about fashion?

fashion sucks, no one should cae about that.
EVERYONE has there on style, even having no style is a style

Mine-
Shirt: foot ball jersey or opened flannel with a tee shirt under it
Pants: either black pants or jeans with holes (most of the time any way
shoes: Vans or black Chucks (aka converse)
yeah just imagine that, i look pretty fly for a rabbie

but fashion is just like doing something because every one else does, no wait its exactly like that.
fashion is the uncool thing to do honestly, no matter what any one says
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post

Mine-

but fashion is just like doing something because every one else does, no wait its exactly like that.
You have no idea, do you? Oh wait, I'm on a Zelda forum... talking about fashion. I should have expected as much.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
You know you love it.
Send a message via AIM to Yami

View Posts: 6,884

Quote:

Mine-

Too bad you conform to fashion. Bad fashion at that.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Bobby Emerald Bobby Emerald is a male United States Bobby Emerald is offline
There's no reason why I'm not enough.
View Posts: 8,256

Yeah, I care about fashion. But I care about style too.
I need a bit of both to express myself. :>

Be happy about progress and realize nobody is above it, ALWAYS be happy with wherever you're at and be good to yourself.
Then, simultaneously, PUSH yourself to beat the plateaus.
Quote:
Your personal level of excellence dictates your mental level of deservedness that shapes your behavior of entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Women want equality. Therefore I would punch a woman just as hard as I would punch a man. Because I'm into feminism like that.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Scrumpadoochous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Too bad you conform to fashion. Bad fashion at that.
i actualy didnt know it was a fashion untill a couple years back, i had been dressing like that for atleast a year longer
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 PM
You don't know how I feel. It's like being cut up, little by little
View Posts: 292

I DON'T CARE FOR FASHION!

Don't turn away
Don't give in to the pain,
Don't try to hide,
Though they're screaming your name,
Don't close your eyes,
Only God knows what lies behind us

#67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 PM
#notallmen

View Posts: 5,949

Quote:
i actualy didnt know it was a fashion untill a couple years back, i had been dressing like that for atleast a year longer
What are you talking about?

Quote:
That's like a typical cool wannabe outfit. And jeans "with holes" was an actual trend from at least five years ago.

Meh, I'm outta here.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Scrumpadoochous

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
That's like a typical cool wannabe outfit. And jeans "with holes" was an actual trend from at least five years ago.

Meh, I'm outta here.

i have the least amount of intrest in being "cool" thats the least of my worries
i honestly have no intrest in keeping up with new clothes, so i were my old ones, which eventually get holes, you all make it soud like im a wannabe or something when im the farthest thing from...
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,585

Pfft, none of that skinny tie, or holey jean nonsense for me. It's the year of the gentlemen and it's going to be blazers, v-neck sweaters all over a nice but casual button up shirt + jeans for me! Actually, holey jeans might look nice with that. *ponders*
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehuty View Post
Pfft, none of that skinny tie, or holey jean nonsense for me. It's the year of the gentlemen and it's going to be blazers, v-neck sweaters all over a nice but casual button up shirt + jeans for me! Actually, holey jeans might look nice with that. *ponders*
Black blazer, a white casual dress shirt and black skinny tie with black skinny jeans and good (brown?) boots = pretty decent, though.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 18,829

Oh, I don't mind it. It can be fun. I remember looking through magazines for ideas regarding my senior ball dress.

I take pride in my appearance most days, though I certainly have my meh-ish days. Some days I'll wear whatever is the *trend* (I usually know what it is since my best friend is obsessive with that kinda stuff) and then some days I'll wear whatever the hell I like, with an effort to still look good. It's not something I'll go out of the way to keep up to date, though, since 1) I can't stand shopping for clothes/shoes, and 2) I can't afford to keep shopping for clothes/shoes. Ya.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:11 AM
REEEE-DICULOUS!
View Posts: 2,754

Anybody who has the capacity to appreciate art should care about fashion.

Fashion is the greatest cultural achievement of man. The only thing that seperates humans from the greater apes is accessories and puff-ball sleeves.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Anybody who has the capacity to appreciate art should care about fashion.

Fashion is the greatest cultural achievement of man. The only thing that seperates humans from the greater apes is accessories and puff-ball sleeves.
I care about style, not fashion. Fashion is just what people who think they know better tell you to wear.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 AM
REEEE-DICULOUS!
View Posts: 2,754

You're partly right there Eeyore.

Style and fashion are one and the same. They cannot be seperated. What is stylish is fashionable, and what is fashionable is stylish.

You are right in saying that fashion designers think that they know better than us ordinary folk when it comes to what looks good on the human body - and so they should.

Most fashion designers have spent years of hard work in universities and colleges studying the human form and pouring over hundreds of years worth of fashions and schools of design.

They are artists, and they should be respected as such.

EDIT: I've actually made a mistake here in only considering commercial fashion.

Most of the big name designers that everybody knows do not design clothes that are to be worn everyday. For one, very few people could afford these thigs, and secondly it's not practical for the vaaast majority of people.

In the same way that there are paintings that belong in a gallery, there are clothes that belong on a catwalk. I love Roy Lichtenstei's work, but I wouldn't want to hang one of his pictures in my front room. In the same way, there are fashions that should be appreciated but not necessarily worn going down to Tescos.

What you see in shops are often attempts at taking these designs, and making them into something practical that can be worn and enjoyed in everyday life. Nobody forces anybody to buy these things. If every shop stocked the same items, then I could see why people might complain. In my experience, that's not really the case.

Personally, I have very bland tastes, and am quite comfortable walking around in a burlap sack.
Last Edited by Vega; 08-30-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,466

I agree with most of what you say, but I'd say the difference between fashion and style is that fashion is what the professionals think; style is what we think. It just often happens that fashionable things are deemed stylish. That happens when fashion designers do their job well.

And I considered both ends of the fashion design industry with what I've said, in case that was unclear.
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 12:30 PM
rotaredom
View Posts: 11,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Although people say they don't judge on appearances, it's hard not to. Your appearance defines who you are. If you go the extra mile to make sure you look good it just shows your character of how you go the extra mile, which could apply to anything, be it a minor thing or a big project.

I know I'd rather date a girl that takes care of her hair, possessions and what clothes she wears, than one who doesn't want to make the effort because "they can't be bothered" - it just shows their character as being lazy. It's not all about money and brand names - it's how you wear them, as I know many people who look damn good and dress from cheaper high street shops as well as second hand shops.
I see your point, but that's often not true from what I've seen. People do have lazy days and stress too.

And yes, carbon copies are so annoying, I see them everywhere when I go out. I don't see what's so hard about taking some time to pick out something good and/or experimenting.

As I said, I like to mix fashion and style, because to be honest I sometimes find that fashion brings some ugly crap to the market that people seem to wear solely because it's modern. Like a guy I saw today with some extremely tight thin jeans, kinda made him look like a girl in tights.
Last Edited by ich Will; 08-30-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
The World is Yours!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimbob

View Posts: 5,031

I'm not a fashion concious person as such. I do have a few stylish shirts and t-shirts, but not that much. Reason sometime it costs a bomb for just one top or a pair of jeans. Thats why i shop at Primark for the jeans, 8 a pair sometimes less. Bargain. T-Shirts either from TK-Max, Tesco, Primark, JJB or BHS. Yes it may seem embarrassing doing this, but look at the bargains you get. I got 8 or 9 tops for the price of one pair of jeans at Burtons.

My work stuff comes from BHS, except trousers. They come from suit shops. Trainers and shoes from respected shops.

Facebook : Twitter
Formally known as Jimez
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 03:05 PM
You know you love it.
Send a message via AIM to Yami

View Posts: 6,884

I picked up 3 t-shirts for 15 at River Island in the sale. Great looking t-shirts that can fit a lot of occasions, and all for under the price of a pair of jeans at Burton.

I wouldn't be caught dead buying clothes from JJB, to be honest. There's a line between cheap and good and just plain cheap and tacky.

Sales are great. End of summer and winter sales. Visit your favourite high street chain when you can, spy what you like, and check it out again during the sale season to spot that item you liked beforehand. May take a while though :B Otherwise, buy it there and then. I picked out some nice ties and a few t-shirts from Zara for less than 20 last year, a few shirts from Next, but my highlight is always River Island sales.

Rarely do I pay full price, unless I really, really want it, and I can spare the cash. Otherwise, sales ahoy.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijiro View Post
Black blazer, a white casual dress shirt and black skinny tie with black skinny jeans and good (brown?) boots = pretty decent, though.
I always thought the black and white combo always looked nice but lately (be it in person or on TV) I've noticed that the kind of people who go with that specific colour scheme tend to be more...douchey? I dunno, I've been trying to find some non black blazers but I haven't found much. There only seems to be black, red and tan, I've been trying to work more with the red and tan but black will always have a special place in everyone's wardrobe.

One thing I try to make sure of is that I do not buy the expensive brand names, most of my clothes are cheap no-name types that you could probably find at Wal-Mart though I do have a small collection of Urban Behavior clothes but I get those during the clearance sales.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Light Spirit

Not true.

But yeah, black goes well with just about anything, anyway. Black blazers are neat because you can wear them with a more dressy style, or just stick it on top of a t-shirt of any colour and it still looks decent (Except if the colour is too dark, people that ignore the need for colour accent in their outfits are annoying. Black + black does not work, kids).

I buy expensive clothes, but they're rarely famous brands... they're just expensive anyway. I think the cheapest shirt I have cost me about 40-50$.

Tags
care, fashion