Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: How were/are your teenaged years?
“I hate/hated it.” 5 7.58%
“It was/is (for now) O.K." 35 53.03%
“They were/are (so far) the best years of my life.” 18 27.27%
Other, (explain.) 8 12.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,494
Re: The teen years of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXavierB View Post
Yeah, but that's assuming that your bad habits were the ones you didn't grow out of.

Growing up and being more mature is a good thing; it's people's definition of maturity that bothers me. For me, being mature means you can make smart decisions and take care of yourself. Other people would say that maturity means you don't like to do "kiddie" stuff anymore, like watching cartoons or having an otherwise silly personality.
I guess so, it depends on the person really. At least for me, I used to like video games and anime but just naturally grew out of them, lost interest and felt like I needed to seek out something a little more stimulating -- it wasn't really something I had to force because I felt like I needed to in order to be accepted as an adult.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

I remember I slept alot during classes, especially first period.

Life has never really changed though. Suffice to say I've had to be an adult ever since I can remember.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock 3DS ID: 1032-1351-5240
View Posts: 2,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXavierB View Post
My current life is exactly how you described your teenage years. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and weird. I have a handful of friends, and most of them have told me to go kill myself before. Right now I don't have anyone willing to accept me at all.
What is it that you're "crazy and weird" about?

Friends don't tell others go to go kill themselves, by the way.

I still, to this day (I'm 19 now, I guess that could still count as a teenager, but I'm count the 13 - 18 years here myself.) have only found one person.

But than again, she's the only one whom I've given the chance other than my mom. I guess that might say something, but I no for a fact that at least the majority of people out there would not accept me.

------

#24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
What's on his mind?
View Posts: 898

It's not all that bad. I have a close female acquaintance who I likelike and a succesful (and hopeful) academic and sports career ahead of me.

My school is amazing. It's the largest in my state, so there's always room for new friends. I don't do anything seriously detrimental to my health because it would ruin my athleticism.

I wouldn't mind having 6th grade aka 2004 back (for that was a hella year) but this year's pretty fine and will only get better
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,434

They've been just alright. No drugs yet (there will be within a decade), average number of friends, no problems with my family, not much problems with school. The girls are smarter than they were back in N.J., but the majority still aren't very sharp. Well, at least they're hot, right?

School time sucks. We need to be in our seats by 7:15, a time that I'm usually still sleeping. School really needs to take less time out of my life.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Hood's Gate
View Posts: 664

All in all, I'd say they were pretty lonely; but this year has certainly been the best year of my life.

I was pretty much a lone wolf throughout all of school, so I didn't really experience that much. I had a couple of girlfriends, but they were flops. Happy to say that I've never done drugs, though.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I will always be watching you from the shadows.
Send a message via AIM to AXavierB Send a message via Yahoo to AXavierB Send a message via Skype™ to AXavierB
View Posts: 1,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
What is it that you're "crazy and weird" about?
I just have a really goofy personality, and other people generally find me annoying.

Quote:
Friends don't tell others go to go kill themselves, by the way.
I know, I only call them friends because we hang out a lot. "Acquaintances" would be a much better word.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 12:32 AM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,474

I skipped highschool. So I'm not sure how to answer this since I was in University for most of my teen years I guess I'll go with that. I spent alot of time reading Spiderman and napping till I got to the middle of junior year or something in university as a 16 year old. Then I met my girlfriend, partied hard, got my degree, and got a job. The end.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 AM
American Psycho.
View Posts: 2,447

Pretty damn good so far. The only thing I dislike is SCHOOL. I often get 3 hours of sleep during the school year because of ****ing math and often find myself drink an espresso at least daily. Seriously. Will I ever frickin' use Geomotry around the house as an adult? Yeah, It's cookie-cutter classes in my town and guess what: I spend at least 2 and a half hours doing math all day while things such as History and English usually get between an hour or half an hour every day. Don't even get me started on science. Only once every 3 days do we get to do that. Most of time I never even get what the hell my teacher is saying. She explains how to do something ONCE and if you miss that you're ****ed for the rest of the year. That, and my classmates are all major douchebags so I can't afford to miss ONE day. I missed one day because of my Grandma's funeral and guess what: That was the ****ing day she explained all of thye complex math stuff. I nearly ****ing failed this grade because of my stubborn ***** teacher.

Sometimes I wish this ****hole of a Reserve disappeared.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,494

What's so bad about an espresso daily? Try drinking a 3-shot flat white twice a day.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 02:14 AM
ć -x.
View Posts: 17,715

Teenager years were pretty depressing and unpredictable. Been through those rough hormone changes and high shool life of being stupid and ignorant to those around me. Had hardly any friends, but the friends I made are the best of people that I have ever known and are still with me.

Right now if enjoying my last year of high school, everything is more depressing that ever... Life sucks at the moment, but I try hard to percieve it in another way. A way of pure happiness.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Liquid Gecko Liquid Gecko is a male United States Liquid Gecko is offline
Medic
View Posts: 1,512

meh, they're alright. got a few friends, but they're Good friends. 1 Girlfriend.
high school. i dunno, just like last year and the year before? just different work. guess homeschooling has something to do with that. oh and, drugs/alchohol...your freakin nuts if you need those to enjoy life...Axavierb. look for people that are "Weird" and such. ya never know.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Is an audioslave
View Posts: 2,699

Well, being a teen opens up alot of options for you and you gain alot of responsibilities. Prior to being a teen, I couldn't stay home alone, go biking to places in my town without a parent, go to friends houses unless they had a parent there, go to the movies by myself, etc. so I guess you gain alot of freedom once you are a teen. I hate how people tell me grow up alot though.

Quote:
In school, they said that I should stop watching anime and playing video games because "they're for little kids." That makes me really mad. Like, once you're a certain age you just instantly shun the stuff you used to like.
yeah, that happens to me too. My parents think I will "outgrow video games" and that's why they won't let me get a ps3, they think I will just stop playing them, lol.

I havn't done drugs really, I tried a cigarette, had a few drags, tasted like **** and never had one ever again, doesn't count really. I've never been drunk, never had a legit girlfriend, and...yeah, school work sucks, but what are you gonna do about it? just live through it and hope tomarrow is better.

You know that crazy kid on your bus that laughs at random moments because he's thinking about something funny that happened yesterday? Yeah, that's me
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

I'm not particularly fond of my teenage years.

I'll be twenty in seven days, so as I look back, sure, there were some good times. But mostly dark times for me. If I hadn't have found my faith, there's not telling what kind of hole I would have dug for myself.

Beer, drugs, and smoking have ripped my family apart on several occasions throughout my life, the majority of them being in my teenage years. Living most of my life in a single parent family (with my mom) has been a very humbling experience. We can't afford everything like the whole families do (with both the mother and the father), and do our best to get by.

I have sworn myself against drugs, alcohol, etc. I have seen what they can do to people. I don't want that to happen with my future family.

Also, my high school years were never really the best. I really despise how people like to shelve others away into stereotypes. The human individual is way too complicated for that. Just because a person has shown one side of himself/herself, doesn't mean that person is a nerd, jock, brain, etc, but people automatically label them for life about that anyway.

My teenage years have been a series of unfortunate events, but there have been good times too. In short, I can't wait to finally leave the nest.

???

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 7,291

Well...so far it's been complex due to "issues" and other things.
I'm not going to go into it, but if I was forced to pick, it's been the best.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

Just don't sweat the small stuff, no matter how much some of the people might think it, high school is not real life.

Being popular in high school does not equate success.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 AM
__
View Posts: 8,498

Where was I...? Well, in short, I agree with what AXavierB said. In long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijiro View Post
And Tonchiki; that's because at 16, here at least, you can legally move out of home.
Oh... Here, you're legally an adult at 18. I dunno if there's specific laws about moving out; I haven't really looked into it.

Quote:
By that time it is time to grow up. Life can be fun, but it's not supposed to be all fun and games. It's all well and good to cherish those early years; but it's not like you can live out of your parents' wallets for your entire life.

And if you don't start growing up in your teen years, while your brain is developing and things are changing around you, I think you'd probably get stuck in bad habits for the rest of your adulthood.
I'm aware of that, and that's not what I meant. I just think it's pretty strange when a six-year-old is on a cell phone and teenagers are doing nothing but working and drinking (I'd say schoolwork, too, but based on the people I grew up around, there wasn't much of that going on). You can argue that teenageres work to earn money for entertainment and such, but I have the same view that my old history teacher did, and that's that teenagers are too young to be worrying about jobs and instead should be making the most of the years while they can. I guess I myself am still a child at heart, though I'm legally an adult. I'm using my own experience as reference, so everyone's will obiously be different... (For instance, haven't really gotten the hang of stuff yet; I'm not very worldly. That could contribute to my mentality here.) I dunno, it's just a disheartening fact to me that the world in general is a jerk and everyone is getting more spoiled and materialistic at earlier ages. In short: My teenage years blew on the whole as a result of many combined forces. However, despite the fact that I'm a pessimist most of the time, I'm not about to let that foreshadow the rest of my life.

You're right about the habits thing, though. I personally don't think I myself evolved enough there; I'm gonna be a disaster on my own. However, since the first year of high school, I've gained the weird ability to wing everything (that is, deal with things as they come) and succeed adequately, so I might be alright anyway.

Actually, people who know me will see this stuff all over the place in things I like entertainment-wise (and also things I create); One reason I love and respect Paper Mario games is because they can be downright hilarious, entertaining, well-written, and appeal to all audiences without implementing vulgarity, something that takes real talent nowadays. I love Calvin and Hobbes for multiple reasons (one being I'm gonna be an animator, and it's been a big source of inspiration). It's a fantastic comic strip that focuses on childhood in a different way, and is very entertaining and unique. Mother 3's storyline, to my understanding, focuses in part on the simple, peaceful civilization versus the modern, greedy, materialistic civilization (a transformation that happens in the middle of the game abruptly, and is actually quite shocking, especially seeing many of the original villagers now act greedy or loaf around, watching their "Happy Box" (TV)). Ah, enough about that stuff.

But I suppose I was griping about society on the whole instead of just teenage years (which really weren't THAT bad compared to what it could have been... I had some good times, too). I also need to be able to describe my ideas in something that's not a jumbled mess, like the above. Sorry about that... I didn't want it to turn into an essay (but it kinda half-did anyway). I can really start rambling on about stuff that's important to me, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALL•E
I have sworn myself against drugs, alcohol, etc. I have seen what they can do to people. I don't want that to happen with my future family.
*High fives* This attitude needs to prevail.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
MUST HAVE STABBED HIM FIFTY ****ING TIMES!
View Posts: 5,357

I remember my teen years as though they were yesterday.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 PM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALL•E View Post
Living most of my life in a single parent family (with my mom) has been a very humbling experience. We can't afford everything like the whole families do (with both the mother and the father), and do our best to get by.
What? I lived in a single parent house with two more siblings and we could afford everything. In fact he's paying for the University fees of one and the high school fees of another. Oo
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,693

Well I'm 19 so legally an adult but still a teenager at the same time. These past couple years of teenager life has been pretty fun as you don't got all the responsibility of an adult but you still get more freedoms (ex driving). I'd have to say being a teenager for me was pretty awesome. The only thing I that I have to complain about it is acne.

Tags
auto-tags suck!, childhood>teenaged years?, life, teen, teenaged years>childhood?, years