Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
None of that has any relation whatsoever to their ethnicity. That's their own personal merit, which you're simply associating with their ethnicity for some reason beyond my comprehension.
I didn't say it was, Mademoiselle Sapphira was implying I liked women for pure ethnic or racial reasons which simply isn't true. I used them as examples of women I like not because they are white, but because they have fine acting/singing skills. I seem to be the only one attributed with making assumptions in this topic, for some odd reason.

Quote:
Just because someone's Jewish doesn't automatically make them smart, like above that's down to their own personal merit.
Making room for that, yes, of course. What I find admirable is their history as a people and how they are today, which I see as a sort of parallel to the mexican people and one they should pay attention to. However, once again I am the victim of liking things purely on a racial or ethnic value, right?
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,132
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
So why did you create this topic? To yell at those of us who don't date Latino men?
Clearly women who won't date Latinos should be ASHAMED of themselves.

EDIT: Lelouch, we keep posting at the same time, haha. I would be hard-pressed to find a non-Jew who would be willing to stop celebrating Christmas and Easter, which is why, if I do get married, I will most likely marry a Jew. And I don't want to celebrate non-Jewish holidays, and I don't want to raise my children to celebrate them either. Again, I'll probably end up marrying a Jew.[/QUOTE]

That is a rather tall order for someone who supposedly doesn't actually believe in a God, but that's where my criticism goes into I:SB territory and into another topic so I'll halt there.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Sapphira Sapphira is a female Sapphira is offline
Resident Feminist, Sex Educator, and Micropipetter
Send a message via AIM to Sapphira Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphira
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA.
View Posts: 1,632
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
I didn't say it was, Mademoiselle Sapphira was implying I liked women for pure ethnic or racial reasons which simply isn't true. I used them as examples of women I like not because they are white, but because they have fine acting/singing skills. I seem to be the only one attributed with making assumptions in this topic, for some odd reason.

Making room for that, yes, of course. What I find admirable is their history as a people and how they are today, which I see as a sort of parallel to the mexican people. Once again, I am the victim of liking things purely on a racial or ethnic value.
Well, you're making generalizations about Jewish women and Jewish people in general, and you keep talking about how much you admire us, as if we were some sort of historical artifact. It's really an uncomfortable feeling.

Stop calling yourself a victim. You're not a victim or anything. You're just sitting here, making generalizations about people, over and over, based on ethnicity.

The whole point of this topic was that you wanted to know why "white women don't date colored men," and you admit that you've had white partners. So, again, what the **** is the point of this topic? Are you just going to sit here and continue to spew out ethnic stereotypes about Jews and white women and what we're all like?
__________________
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Coconut Water

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,494
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

If I fall in love with someone, the color of her skin would be the least of my concerns.
__________________
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
B-Rock the Islamic Shock B-Rock the Islamic Shock is a male United States B-Rock the Islamic Shock is offline
OBAMACARE IS INVINCIBLE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The White House
View Posts: 4,717
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Making room for that, yes, of course. What I find admirable is their history as a people and how they are today, which I see as a sort of parallel to the mexican people and one they should pay attention to. However, once again I am the victim of liking things purely on a racial or ethnic value, right?
lol wut? Parallel the mexicans? So why is it that you harbor so much dislike for your ethnic group?
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,132
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
I didn't say it was, Mademoiselle Sapphira was implying I liked women for pure ethnic or racial reasons which simply isn't true. I used them as examples of women I like not because they are white, but because they have fine acting/singing skills. I seem to be the only one attributed with making assumptions in this topic, for some odd reason.
You gave their achievements as an example of why you loved white women.

Quote:
Making room for that, yes, of course. What I find admirable is their history as a people and how they are today, which I see as a sort of parallel to the mexican people and one they should pay attention to. However, once again I am the victim of liking things purely on a racial or ethnic value, right?
Yes, you are. This is tantamount to nationalism in that somehow everyone who comes under a particular category, even if in name only, is associated with the qualities of a particular stereotype.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Silver Silver is a male Union of Britain Silver is online now
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver


Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The abyss
View Posts: 21,297
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Discussion, you realize you are being racist by stereotyping white women and Jewish women, right?

And as with Blizz, if I love someone, I don't give a **** about the colour of her skin.
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Jehanne Jehanne is offline
Orphan Black

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the 19th century.
View Posts: 17,352
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALL•E View Post
If I fall in love with someone, the color of her skin would be the least of my concerns.
I honestly don't think Discussion is talking about love.
__________________
  #109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
You gave their achievements as an example of why you loved white women.
Uh, acting/singing skills are universal, they are not the only ability of white people, no?

Quote:
Yes, you are. This is tantamount to nationalism in that somehow everyone who comes under a particular category, even if in name only, is associated with those qualities.
Haha, oh wow. Marx would call you out on that, comrade!
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,132
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Uh, acting/singing skills are universal, they are not the only ability of white people, no?
Exactly, so why did you give those people and their achievements as examples of your preference of white people.

Quote:
Haha, oh wow. Marx would call you out on that, comrade!
Well then Marx can kiss my little white arse if he somehow thought that what I said was wrong. Not every British person is a tea-drinking royalty-worshipping monocle-and-bowler-hat-wearing well-spoken noble (however hard they might try), just like not every Jew has the qualities you seem to attribute to them. Further, if they DO have those qualities, I would say the fact that they're British or Jewish is far from the actual reason for that.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Coconut Water

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,494
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion
Uh, acting/singing skills are universal, they are not the only ability of white people, no?
Samuel L. Jackson and Ice Cube rock. ^^

Antonio Banderes also rocks. Technically, he's white. But who cares?

Oh, and there's Queen Latifah. Awesome.
__________________
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,132
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALL•E View Post
Samuel L. Jackson and Ice Cube rock. ^^
Ice Cube is a poor example of a singer
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
Exactly, so why did you give those people and their achievements as examples of your preference of white people.
I already explained this: it was because Sapphira, and for some reason you, believe I hold them as ideal for no reason, which isn't true. If it were I might as well discount a ton of music I listen to as it was developed in part by african americans, jamaicans, gypsies, and other people I should classify as lower or inferior since I seem to only love white people.

Quote:
Well then Marx can kiss my little white arse if he somehow thought that what I said was wrong. Not every British person is a tea-drinking royalty-worshipping monocle-and-bowler-hat-wearing well-spoken noble (however hard they might try), just like not every Jew has the qualities you seem to attribute to them. Further, if they DO have those qualities, I would say the fact that they're British or Jewish is far from the actual reason for that.
I think you're missing the point. What I'm referring to is the analysis of history, and using what you learned in relation to today. This is why I said they are an example of overcoming those barriers, but by no means the example. The reason I single them out is because anybody who understands how the europeans felt about the jews would know where I'm coming from.

It is not a matter of superiority based on race or ethnicity.
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Coconut Water

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,494
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Ice Cube is a poor example of a singer
I was referring to acting. Have you seen Anaconda? He was awesome in that! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion
The reason I single them out is because anybody who understands how the europeans felt about the jews would know where I'm coming from.
You speak as if all Europeans have the same mind. Here we go with stereotyping again.
__________________
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Antonio Banderes also rocks. Technically, he's white. But who cares?
Yet he's the guy women think of when you say tall, dark and handsome. I heard he tans before his roles and once said he had no idea he was white until he came to america.

Quote:
Oh, and there's Queen Latifah. Awesome.
I thought she was hot in Hairspray I don't even know why doesn't she like women
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Sapphira Sapphira is a female Sapphira is offline
Resident Feminist, Sex Educator, and Micropipetter
Send a message via AIM to Sapphira Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphira
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA.
View Posts: 1,632
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
I already explained this: it was because Sapphira, and for some reason you, believe I hold them as ideal for no reason, which isn't true. If it were I might as well discount a ton of music I listen to as it was developed in part by african americans, jamaicans, gypsies, and other people I should classify as lower or inferior since I seem to only love white people.

I think you're missing the point. What I'm referring to is the analysis of history, and using what you learned in relation to today. This is why I said they are an example of overcoming those barriers, but by no means the example. The reason I single them out is because anybody who understands how the europeans felt about the jews would know where I'm coming from.

It is not a matter of superiority based on race or ethnicity.
And now you're telling us that Europeans feel a certain way about Jews, and that you understand this? And stop singling out Jews.

Seriously, almost every time you talk, you spout out another generalization or stereotype about some group of people.
__________________
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
You speak as if all Europeans have the same mind. Here we go with stereotyping again.
Read a book sometime, it will help you gain a perspective about the subject. Jewish jokes were often used even if the person in question was not an anti-semite, and you can often see them in literature of the period. People may not have been serious about it, but it's still pertinent today with comedians using such jokes at the expense of others.
  #118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Sapphira Sapphira is a female Sapphira is offline
Resident Feminist, Sex Educator, and Micropipetter
Send a message via AIM to Sapphira Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphira
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA.
View Posts: 1,632
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Read a book sometime, it will help you gain a perspective about the subject. Jewish jokes were often used even if the person in question was not an anti-semite, and you can often see them in literature of the period. People may not have been serious about it, but it's still pertinent today with comedians using such jokes at the expense of others.
Wow, historically, some people were anti-Semitic? That's new information. And thanks for getting all defensive about comedians making Jewish jokes. I'm always so highly offended by it.

Seriously, you made a huge generalization and got called out on it. Suck it up.
__________________
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Lord Zero Lord Zero is a male Wales Lord Zero is offline
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cymru
View Posts: 9,132
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
I already explained this: it was because Sapphira, and for some reason you, believe I hold them as ideal for no reason, which isn't true. If it were I might as well discount a ton of music I listen to as it was developed in part by african americans, jamaicans, gypsies, and other people I should classify as lower or inferior since I seem to only love white people.
You do hold them ideal for no reason. You say you loved them because of their acting skills and stuff, plenty of other ethnicities have equal or better talent. Further, their skills are nothing to do with their whiteness. Therefore for you to hold them ideal as white people in light of things that have nothing to do with their whiteness, you, sir, are a racist.

This is exactly like patriotism, in that a patriot will hold certain values sacred, and associate them with their country, when in actuality those values can be held sacred regardless of the country. Therefore it's loyalty to a patch of land under a mask. Like your love of white women is grounded purely in the colour of their skin despite the achievements you listed. That's a stepping stone away from how white supremacists think white people are superior because some people who just so happened to be white did something worthwhile once.

Quote:
I think you're missing the point. What I'm referring to is the analysis of history, and using what you learned in relation to today. This is why I said they are an example of overcoming those barriers, but by no means the example. The reason I single them out is because anybody who understands how the europeans felt about the jews would know where I'm coming from.

It is not a matter of superiority based on race or ethnicity.
You lost me. That either has no relation to people of a certain category being associated with certain categories in my initial statement, or simply proves my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
Seriously, you made a huge generalization and got called out on it. Suck it up.
QFE. Again.
__________________

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Discussion Discussion is a male Cuba Discussion is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Discussion
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I.A.B.F.
View Posts: 2,464
Re: How come it's harder for us colored folk to get with white women?

On the subject of generalization, this was rampant throughout europe, you guys would have just as easily called em out on it had I said "the majority of europeans were antisemitic" which, while much more accurate, is still a generalization. You guys deal with it, I'm right.
Closed Thread

Tags
colored, folk, harder, white, women


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -