Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 298
Views On Smoking

Currently, for the past year, I have been smoking marijuana everyday. Now I'm not a chronic smoker, because I only smoke 1 bowl a night. (To people who do not know what that means, I go through a gram of marijauna a week.)

All studies show that no one has ever died from smoking marijuana, but like all smoke it can cause lung cancer.

So just a couple of questions that we can start talking about:

What's worse? Smoking 1 gram of marijuana a week, Or smoking a half a pack to a full pack a day like chronic smokers?

Should marijauna stay illegal? Or is it just a worse as drinking?

Your thoughts, your thoughts, your thoughts.

Korner's Graphics.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Views On Smoking

I smoke marijuana myself, and there's really no reason it should be illegal while tobacco and alcohol, which are worse for your health, are legal. It's virtually harmless, except when smoked in conjunction with tobacco products, such as in rolling papers or a cigar. If used in a bowl, bong, or vaporizer, it's really much safer.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
He says I came not to send Peace but a Sword...
View Posts: 1,049

I don't smoke marijuana, but I know and hang around with a few people who do. Everytime they smoke, no matter how much, they don't get high or anything and stay just fine, like they never smoked at least once. I don't think smoking marijuana is half as bad as smoking tobacco, and I think it's a dumb idea to keep a much safer drug illegal.

Thanks to insaney for this awesome signature!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,593

I've never smoked marijuana. However, I've certainly been around it. Its use among my high school peers was widespread. Even a lot of "good" kids smoked it regularly.

Based on what I've been told, marijuana isn't as dangerous as alcohol. It seems that if you ban one, you'd have to ban the other; there's no consistency here.

Personally, I'm just not a big fan of mind altering substances period. Even now that I'm in college, I have only drank once this year and I wasn't even drunk.

I will say that I am disgusted by the act of smoking on principle. I just think it is gross and I hate being around it. I don't think I could ever date a smoker.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,123

I dislike all forms of smoking.

However, I don't object to outdoor tobacco smoking (no chance of it actually harming a third party in that situation.)

In addition, I see no reason for Marijuana to be banned at all (or any drug, to be perfectly honest.) Like it or no, it's a person's choice to do drugs, and one person doing drugs will not harm another person.

However, making drugs illegal allows for drug lords, who finance their other illegal operations with drug money.

Make drugs legal and suddenly all the drug lords vanish and crime rates drop, just like they did following the end of prohibition.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 298

Great guys, I'm glad you all share, somewhat of the same views as me. We should talk about how making it legal won't: let all hell break loose, people start dying, and babies start crying. If it was legal, people wouldn't have to hang around dark alleyways and stay out on the street all day just to sell drugs. And of course the government would reap all the benifits. Let's all face it, that's the reason why it's illegal in the first place. The government can't tax it and make money off of it.

Korner's Graphics.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Fringant Épéiste Fringant Épéiste is a male United States Fringant Épéiste is offline
View Posts: 7,662

I never understood the point of smoking. Probably never will. It doesn't even smell good, I always cough when I smell it, and as such hold my breath whenever passing it. Personally, I'd like to take all the drugs in the world and burn them in a huge "crackfest" where everyone who enjoys that can go have a big party.

You can say "it doesn't cause death" but then you turn around and say "it causes lung cancer"... last I checked can't lung cancer cause death? Don't answer that, I know the answer is yes, because I have a friend whose grandparents passed away from lung cancer.

Whether it's legal or not, I could care less, I just wish people would use common sense.

Now that I've spoken my mind, I'm outta here so there's no point in flaming me because I won't be around to read it.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 PM
One bad Mother-Fadocker
Send a message via AIM to Fadock Send a message via Yahoo to Fadock

View Posts: 885

I also dislike somoking for several reasons.
-It tastes and smells bad
-It burns your eyes
-It turns your teeth yellow
-It can harm others that ,sorry to say, aren't stupid enough to smoke.
-And last and the biggest reason of all. My grandfather died from smoking. he started in the late 25's and kept smoking until 1967(I believe that's the year) which as some of you will know was the year that smoking was dubbed "harmful" immediately after he quit, yet as a result of the 30+ years of smoking he died a very slow and painful death. My father also smokes, and i can see the same happening to him soon.

As for marijuanna I'm not very sure. The only violence people say it causes it trying to obtain it, if it were easier (or at least legal) to obtain perhaps these problems would vanish.

^Yes, I know I keep changing it, just deal!^
I am the adopter of Nanolink mess with him and It'll be to the dungeon with you, where a drunken Filch will be waiting with a cactus and a croquet mallet.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Twilight Prince Twilight Prince is a male United_States Twilight Prince is offline
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Twilight Prince
View Posts: 280

Quote:
In addition, I see no reason for Marijuana to be banned at all (or any drug, to be perfectly honest.) Like it or no, it's a person's choice to do drugs, and one person doing drugs will not harm another person.
how can you say that when people get killed regularly by idiots driving under the influence
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 113

Well, I smoke both cigarettes and marijuana, just about every day, and I can easily say that smoking cigarettes is much more dangerous.

Most people think marijuana isn't addictive, and chemically speaking, it isn't. But anyone can become mentally dependent on anything if they like it enough.

Smoking cigarettes is much worse, because they are in fact, chemically addictive. I cant even tell you what its like to go a whole day without one when your addicted...

Also, marijuana is a more natural and god-like substance, rather than the evil tobacco company's, altering the chemicals in their cigarettes.

But my honest opinion is, don't smoke either of them. They screwed up my grades, my general odor, and they changed my social standpoint. Not for the worse, necessarily, but I did get mixed up with some people I wish I never met.

I made this f***in thing. Ill be expecting your money in the mail.

Disclaimer: Marijuana is unlawful to grow, process, and/or use. No one should use it but me.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2007, 11:58 PM
It inhales vigorously to apose me!
Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-Link

View Posts: 6,950

My opinion in straight forward; I think smoking of any product or drug is the most disgusting thing you could ever do to yourself.

I never will smoke, mostly because no matter what it is, or how 'safe' it is; it still does you harm.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Link View Post
My opinion in straight forward; I think smoking of any product or drug is the most disgusting thing you could ever do to yourself.

I never will smoke, mostly because no matter what it is, or how 'safe' it is; it still does you harm.
^ 4,444th post. ^

And my 44th post. Weird.

Good idea. All of those things are absolutely correct. Even if it was completely safe to you health, it still changes you. I'm sure not a lot of you want to change. Granted, some people don't change at all. I'm taking a more general view on this based on personal experience.

I made this f***in thing. Ill be expecting your money in the mail.

Disclaimer: Marijuana is unlawful to grow, process, and/or use. No one should use it but me.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 12:17 AM
miracles
View Posts: 2,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry da man View Post
For the past year, I have been smoking marijuana everyday. Now I'm not a chronic smoker
yeah. you are.
So I join the congregation
Join the softball team
I went in for my conformation
Where incense looks like steam
I start conjugating proverbs
Where there once were nouns
This whole damn rhyme scheme's
Starting to get me down...

Oh, I'm in a lull
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Posting is a craft i take very seriously
Send a message via AIM to Kuden
View Posts: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry da man View Post
Currently, for the past year, I have been smoking marijuana everyday. Now I'm not a chronic smoker, because I only smoke 1 bowl a night. (To people who do not know what that means, I go through a gram of marijauna a week.)

All studies show that no one has ever died from smoking marijuana, but like all smoke it can cause lung cancer.
because lung cancer is a perfectly harmful thing.

also, under that category than noone should have died by smoking cigarettes. nothing to worry about.

Your fire makes it all worthwhile.
[Tumblr/Last.fm/Formspring/Twitter]
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 02:11 AM
what is "grape" in pig latin?
View Posts: 795

um
i think its tarded

if im going to die
id rather it not be lung cancer
that sounds suckish
tell me how it feels to have a lung collapse

i dont care if its legal or not
i just think selling it should stay illegal
and of course an age limit

you can choose to be responsible and limit smoking
if someone doesn't want to take that responsibility
whatever floats their boat i guess
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 AM
weee!

View Posts: 10,229

I won't do it because its unhealthy, and I understand when people get addicted. I think if they have a strong will they can quit. I don't look down on someone when they smoke.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Content Monkey
Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan
View Posts: 2,637

I'd love to quit. Harder than it seems though. Maybe i'll get round to it in the new year.

Like Sugarpoultry said, it's unhealthy. I know i feel unhealthy.

Formally known as Hylie

Pixel by Panique