#1001 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
.Axes Of Evil.
View Posts: 871
Re: The General Advice Thread

Tis back to normal ^__^

im well happy now!

Thank you!

"Do not think this ends here...the history of light and shadow will be written in blood!"

[CENTER]
  #1002 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2007, 08:53 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP master View Post
e_lert, have you been taking any "special" medicines lately
Quote:
wasup dogs
Quote:
what are we supposed to be talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrukan_Caelestis View Post
What do you do when your friend b****es at you? All I did right now was b**** back at him.
TP master, never make multi-posts (that's why the edit button was invented), and S_C, try to tone down the language and be more specific than just saying "*****".

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #1003 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
We ride towards the fight!

View Posts: 2,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoronSword View Post
TP master, never make multi-posts (that's why the edit button was invented), and S_C, try to tone down the language and be more specific than just saying "*****".

-BGS
Sorry, but that is what he said to me. Word filter would have bleeped out the censored word.

What I said is what do you do when your friend yells at you for doing something stupid?
  #1004 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,456

When your friend yells at you for doing something stupid? Well... this is an interesting question.

First, if you've done something stupid, you'd probably expect someone to be yelling at you, no?

Second, since you've done something stupid, that would imply the idea that you are at fault here. So I really can't say anything except: "don't do anything stupid".

That's pretty much it.
  #1005 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
We ride towards the fight!

View Posts: 2,508

He yells at me at certain points, occasionally for stupid things I have done. Normally, he's nice, but when I do something stupid, he swears a storm and makes me feel really bad about myself.
  #1006 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Light Spirit

Ah. Overly critical of him. If that's the case, then just tell him that you feel really uncomfortable whenever he's doing that. You can tell him to put himself into your shoes and see how he would feel when you go on a rampage and make him feel really bad.

A few scoldings here and there because you've done something stupid is fine. But scolding you to a point where you feel really, really bad about yourself is a little overboard.
  #1007 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 53

im tired of being a deku scrub how do i change it
  #1008 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:21 AM
The fruit of their lions
View Posts: 1,752

However long it takes, I guess. You only post once a day, it'll take a while. Keep on posting and you gain post count easily.
  #1009 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
When life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS.
Send a message via AIM to Hyperbadox
View Posts: 675

My friend keeps getting himself suspended, so is parents keep punishing him. I barely see him anymore and it's really annoying cause I have nothing to do on the weekends. How can I get him to straighten up?

#1010 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Light Spirit

I don't think you can really straighten him up by yourself. This kind of issue usually remains within individuals. The most that you can do is give some encouragements, supports, and advices. But other than that, he will have to make up his own mind by himself.
  #1011 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Summertime Sadness
View Posts: 2,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbadox View Post
My friend keeps getting himself suspended, so is parents keep punishing him. I barely see him anymore and it's really annoying cause I have nothing to do on the weekends. How can I get him to straighten up?
Have you tried talking to him?
  #1012 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Goron
View Posts: 213

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

My site, Linkslayer was awesome. Black backgrounds, a TP-Tastic banner and so many posts. Suddenly, this afternoon, it is white and bare like in the beginning! There is only one forum, all the posts are deleted, etc.! I am the only admin! HELP!

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60043

That's the way to my character, by the way.
  #1013 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Light Spirit

Technology forum would suit your question better.
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...play.php?f=101
  #1014 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 213

Er.... I guess maybe, but the problem is I believe a former admin, whom I un-adminned wanted to revenge and hacked in. All evidence points to him, and I need help for what to do with him. Help? I think this is the right thread....

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60043

That's the way to my character, by the way.
  #1015 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Figment of Our Imagination
View Posts: 1,133

Life sucks. My job is the one I alwasy wanted yet... that and a DD gives me no downtime. College is ridiculous, doing a double doctorate is fine but now trying to do two Masters degrees suddenly looks impossible. To cap it all off there is all sorts of crap going on in my personal life.

#1016 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Light Spirit

That's a common case of pushing oneself too far. You should know your own limits and pull back a bit. Of course, you may want to finish everything early so that you won't be wasting time, but again, it's clear that you are getting stressed out with materials that evidently have been eating your sanity away little by little.

Can't do much here, because it is your choice for doing double master degrees, except try to relax a bit and don't cram too much courses into your schedules. You still have time.
  #1017 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxn View Post
Life sucks. My job is the one I alwasy wanted yet... that and a DD gives me no downtime. College is ridiculous, doing a double doctorate is fine but now trying to do two Masters degrees suddenly looks impossible. To cap it all off there is all sorts of crap going on in my personal life.

Im sorry about that. Wanna talk about it?

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #1018 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
You know who else has the best tacos in the city!?
Steam ID: SomaCruz89
View Posts: 3,630

I need some place to vent and get some things off my chest, as well as advice, so here we go. Well, right now I'm in a situation that I would never dream I would be in. After 24 years of my parents being married, and after raising 5 healthy children (including me), while being reasonably happy together, my parents are getting a divorce. The reason being that my dad cheated on my mom with a female lawyer at his law firm. When my mom found out, she wanted to work it out (she forgave him), but he insisted on running away, still cheating on her with the woman. He said that "she would never forget about it...Hated her and wanted a divorce." This whole downfall of their marriage began a few years ago. My mom in 2002 had a miscarriage. She became very depressed, blaming herself for it, and lashing out at my dad to vent her anger. While she never hit him, yelled at him for his long office hours, for leaving on business trips without prior notice, and for not being there to help out with the children. While my mom is at fault too, it was nothing that deserved this.

I was involved somewhat in this whole incident. I worked at my dad's law office as a courier, and witnessed the inappropriate behavior between them (eating together, going into their offices to talk, etc). I knew what was going on, but I didn't want to think about it, so I just chose to ignore. Plus, I could have been reading this wrong. However, when it was confirmed, I became so disguisted with my dad and her, that I couldn't stand to be around them. I quit a few days later, and ever since, they've been trying to get me to come back.

Also, since this is my Senior Year, I have the pressure of all this college crap. I really want to go to JSU with my friends, which is about 3 hours away. One of the big reasons being that I need to get away from my household for a while to think and get myself back in order. However, my mom is refusing to let me go to JSU at the moment, stating that I should go to a local college, because of the situation. I'm getting really pissed at her, with her saying that I'm running away from the problem. I just need to get away, otherwise, I'll become even more bitter toward her and my dad than I already am!

I really need some advice on what to do.
  #1019 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2007, 08:43 PM
(Jehanne)

View Posts: 17,484

It sounds like your mother wants you to be around for the additional emotional support.

Please PM me if you want to talk about it.
- J

#1020 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Soho hears the lies, the twisted cries, the lonely sighs

View Posts: 5,988

Honestly, it's horrible what your mom's going through, but it's selfish of her to try and keep you around like that. You'll be home for breaks, and three hours is more than enough distance for a person to travel, but you need to get out of the house and go to a uni where you can not worry about that sort of stuff on TOP of all the academic stress you'll be faced with. :/

Also, I'd like to point out what a dick move it was for your dad to personally drag you into his and your mom's personal issues like that. :< I knew that if I were you, I'd be feeling a lot of guilt at witnessing that sort of stuff all the time, even though there was absolutely nothing you could have done about it... He shouldn't have had the affair, but in my opinion it's all the worse because you shouldn't have been at his office and been allowed to get caught in the middle of this horrid string of events. ;_;

:::gives Haku a cuddle:::

Tags
advice, general