not wired: outside of ZU I hardly use gadgets and electronics 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Is an audioslave
View Posts: 2,699
How wired are you?

How wired are you? in other words, how much do you use/depend on electronics and gadgets? I am quite wired, sitting next to me as I type is a phone, my DS, my gameboy, and of course the laptop I'm on right now. Today I have used my DS for about 6 hours playing PH and 2 hours playing T.H.U.G on my gamecube. I would Say I'm pretty wired.

You know that crazy kid on your bus that laughs at random moments because he's thinking about something funny that happened yesterday? Yeah, that's me
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,370
Re: How wired are you?

When I'm home, I rely heavily on my computer, radio, and video games for entertainment. So I guess I'm pretty wired.

I don't read nearly as much as I used to. I don't swim or ski during the summer like I used to, and I live next to a lake. I no longer live in an area where I ride my bike everywhere anymore.

Not that I'm fat, mind you. My job has me standing up, and walking around for hours on end. I get plenty of exercise.

I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if the power went out.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
2 wrongs don't make a right, by my count, it's 7
View Posts: 85

chalk one up for pretty wired! I wouldn't go insane without all this entertaining, mind washing junk, but, i would need a lot of pizza pockets to calm me down!

"LOL out loud" is my catchphrase
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Lieutenant Lollipop Lieutenant Lollipop is a female Lieutenant Lollipop is offline
all blues
Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Lollipop
View Posts: 7,743

I'm pretty wired, exact same story as Daphnes.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Unknown Hero Unknown Hero is a male United States Unknown Hero is offline
The REAL James.
Send a message via AIM to Unknown Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Unknown Hero

View Posts: 1,982

Insanley wired. I am obviously on my comp. right now, I have my DS Lite next to me. I have my Wii across from me, My TV with my Wii, My laptop on the couch, My Xbox 360 near my Wii, My DVD and VCR player ontop of the TV, And MANY more.

Awesome sig and avy by Viral Maze.
Click the userbar.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
2 wrongs don't make a right, by my count, it's 7
View Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeknight View Post
Insanley wired. I am obviously on my comp. right now, I have my DS Lite next to me. I have my Wii across from me, My TV with my Wii, My laptop on the couch, My Xbox 360 near my Wii, My DVD and VCR player ontop of the TV, And MANY more.
O.o wow, you have a lot of stuff... I'm 13 years, and i have a lot of stuff (to name some: MY computer, MY laptop, MINE AND BRO'S xbox 360 MY DS MY gameboy and lots of other stuff! Im on the verge for insanely wired!

"LOL out loud" is my catchphrase
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Egh >.o
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarah
View Posts: 2,510

And I assumed I'd be replying to a drug thread. Har.

I use electronics for everything, yet they act weird around me. I inherited it from my mom. I tend to shock people with static more often, and I've locked the car doors without doing much more than passing by a couple of times, plus other crap that would make me sound even more ridiculous.

So, I guess I'm literally wired?

Besides, I make it a priority to know how to use electronics, and use them well.

Also, adding on from what Ozzy said down there, I don't watch television, save the weather channel. That's my limit.
Last Edited by Sarah; 10-06-2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Typo; Elaboration Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Goron red
View Posts: 1,429

Unless I am at school i'm using electronics all the time. I either on the computer, playing DS, or watching TV. So I chose insanely wired.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 05:38 PM
La La Bah Cha!
Steam ID: sabian720
View Posts: 2,555

I'm actually very loosely attached to electronics.

I barely watch TV, I'm not on the computer very often unless I'm tired of playing my guitar--Which is an acoustic, so that doesn't count.

Then, my PSP, I really only use it to listen to music late at night while laying in bed trying to get to sleep, or for an hour or two when I go to my friends.

So ya, not that much, I chose I use em a little bit.

Thanks to Lulu for this awesome sig And Awkin for the banner.

My Band Site
I'm Cam...BAH CHA!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,642

This is what I have within 1 meter:

Laptop + Webcam
TV with built-in DVD player
DS
Wii
Phone (most of the time, at least)
Cell
MP3 player

When I'm not in my room, I only have my cell and sometimes MP3 and DS.

Hm...I'm gonna see if there's a thread about "your room", or I'll make one. My "room"(it's actually a remade clauset(sp?)) is awesome.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 109

Computer, Gaming console, Ipod. Pretty wired, although I dont have a cellphone, i have been avoiding it for quite a while now...
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Dog Dog 123 Dog Dog 123 is a female United States Dog Dog 123 is offline
:(
Send a message via AIM to Dog Dog 123 Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Dog 123

View Posts: 8,559

I love electronics. I go alot without them, but right now, going by what's right near me... lesse...

My laptop (which I'm on), the TV, brother's gamecube, brother's friend's N64, my DS, a few radios, mom's iPod Shuffle, my dead camera, calculator, DVD player, VCR, big stupid computer, portable DVD player... yeah, all those I can see. If I were get up and open a few drawers I'd probably manage to find 2 GBAs, a GBA SP, GB Color, GB Pocket, at least 100 various games for different systems, more then enough DVDs and videos, 5-10 pairs of headphones... And the list is nearly endless. In the basement there's another TV, two more computers, the Wii, a few more games and controllers, and other various junk. Soon we'll have a 360 over here too. Yup, two brothers, both of them on the computers and playing games too. All three of us are gamers, so there's lots of systems and electronics around here. Dad likes music and SciFi and such, so there's quite a few radios. Mom watches alot of TV, so we have a few of those too.

Thinking about it now, I basically do run on technology, but once in a while I get a headache from it, get bored, sign off, go and actually do something. I can live without it. Alot of times, even with all the technology around me I don't bother using it.

Quote:
I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if the power went out.
My laptop can live for at least 2 hours without power, and my DS can go even longer. Usually it's pretty late if the power goes out, so I either take a flashlight or something with a glowing screen and then ship myself off to bed instead of staying up and playing. I like power outages... it gets so nice and dark...
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
Computer, Gaming console, Ipod. Pretty wired, although I dont have a cellphone, i have been avoiding it for quite a while now...
I don't have/need a cellphone either. I also had my cable TV disconnected because I hardly watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dog 123 View Post
My laptop can live for at least 2 hours without power, and my DS can go even longer. Usually it's pretty late if the power goes out, so I either take a flashlight or something with a glowing screen and then ship myself off to bed instead of staying up and playing. I like power outages... it gets so nice and dark...
Yeah, my DS can go for a while after the power runs out. Not my computer, though. I could buy a radio that ran on batteries if I wanted to.

So it's not so bad afterall.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,483

I'm essentially dependant on my laptop. Specifically, I'm pretty dependant on the internet. I kill and waste so much time on the internet, that I really feel it when it happens to be down. If I'm away and just don't have access to a computer at all, then it's really no big deal, but if I have my computer, but no internet, I feel it. Like today, my internet was down for a huge portion. Though, in retrospect, it wasn't so bad today because I had all this other stuff to occupy my time. Also use the computer to do work on, of course, but really its more to kill time.

Next is probably television. I watch a lot of TV, and even though I didn't have cable until I went to school, I have always watched a lot of television. While I can go long periods without it, I'd really rather have it than not have it. Especially because what I'm planning on doing with my life is going to have a lot to do with television.

Then there's music, my mp3 player more specifically. I don't travel anywhere without my music, listening to it on bus rides, long car rides, and of course when I'm just sitting around (like right now. mmmm Beck). Music is also a huge part of my life, so of course anything that lets me listen to it, very important.

I have a cell phone, but I don't use it too often. Partly because it doesn't really work all that well these days, but I also just don't generally use it too often.

Those are my basic essential gadgets.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Is an audioslave
View Posts: 2,699

I get almost withdrawel symptoms when I'm away from my electronics. I don't helucinate or have real symtoms, but I feel like somethings missing when theres no technology around me. I have to carry my DS or my Mp3 player everywere I go. I love my ps1 so much I bought a travel screen and battery for it on ebay So I could play it on my travels. ON the weekends I get really wired. If I have no plans and my friends are busy, I hide in my cave (basement, yes how cliche) and play games/internet surf until I feel sleepy and go to bed.

You know that crazy kid on your bus that laughs at random moments because he's thinking about something funny that happened yesterday? Yeah, that's me
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I used to believe that humans were naturally good, then I started working retail
Steam ID: Just ask
View Posts: 7,625

I don't know where I fall in. I spend alot of time on the computer when I am not doing chores. But I don't have a cell phone, I pod, and I only have a CD player because I found one abandoned (haven't used it in months).

Also I re-enact the war between the states. And when I am at a re-enactment I do not carry anything electric.

not a link, don't click here
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
View Posts: 19,713

I wouldn't say I depend on electronics, but I use them as often as possible.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Let me get the hose.
View Posts: 4,118

I do spend a lot of time online, and i love my DS, but if those things are taken away for a few days i can survive (i just read a lot). And i don't even own a phone, quite the oddity, since i am an adolescent female. So i'm not THAT wired.

Sig by my Robert
Okay no room for banners but I won Most Fabulous Hair and Coolest Member guys
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

N64, Xbox, but that's really it.

I chose # 4
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729

Considering the Space I live in I'll say extremely wired. There's the Wii, the television, the DVD recorder, my Mac with its fancy new Wirless Broadband modem and combined printer scanner my digital scanner and the Ipod nano I bought after I broke my cheap old MP3 player. My battery recharger and my DS, my alarm clock is digital. Then there is my DVD Stack and my Wii game stack and my DS and GBA game stack. I currently own four pairs of Headphones that work. Then theirs my battery operated screw driver and the pluck in air freshener. Even my non electronic items could be said to be related. The four posters up Futurama, Transformers, Akira and Bublegum Crisis 2040 all tech related. The books I have here that are not manga are How to Survive a robot uprising and Where's my Jetpack. In any case electronic equipment is taking up a fair portion of the box.

Tags
wired