Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 8,217
Re: ZU Memories x Rant x Lessons learnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
EDIT: oh yes, and about the #zelda chat... Although I have to admit to having taken part in a lot of "eww you're a n00b" things...I've tried to tone down that "HATE AND MISTREAT ALL NEW PEOPLE" idea... It really runs rampant. Here, as well, but just not as pronounced. (Asia--Come into the chat room, please!!)'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd
Also, what happened to the #zelda chat-room? Man, that place used to be fun... Now it's not...
Actually.. yeah. That is another point :/

(oh and Wolfen - it was usually CGIrandomnumber but I always get caught :< )

To tell you the truth, I feel .. a bit intimidated when I go in there now and can't stay for long when I do >_>

This whole "I'm more pwnsesome than j00" attitude and rampant swearing and acting "cool" has really made it look like a gutter when compared to what the chatroom used to be.
We used to have fun AND respect each other.. and people were welcome.
I also don't like the way members I know and respect here turning into.. very unpleasant ..tHIngs just because they want to conform to that atmosphere *covers her eyes with her hands*

Jodd - I'd hug you if I could, buddy ;_;

oh and..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd
And there is no conversation anymore between members. Everyone just posts an opinion and waits for the next thread. We need more fun. Everyone talks about the old times all the time, but why don't we actually try and resurrect these "old-times"? I want some old-times, darn it!
Let's start a petition! =O
(you phrased exactly what I wanted to say and what I didn't say. Well done :p )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie
Edit - Forgive me if I'm not following the rules in this thread. I'm slow today ><
"Memories" is part of the thread title =D
Feel free to share anything you remember! ^-^
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:15 AM
baka.
View Posts: 8,433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen
"Memories" is part of the thread title =D
Feel free to share anything you remember! ^-^
Woot! In that case.

Does anyone remember that 'WHO WANTS TO KILL NAVI' thread? It had a good bit of pages before Ameera Lae Marie locked it. Or maybe it was she who started it.

Rants: I know I won a 'Most Likely To Become A Mod' once. Yet I'm not listed. I think I still have the banner that Koyasha made for me. I know I won. Don't keep me from saying I didn't.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Rants: I know I won a 'Most Likely To Become A Mod' once. Yet I'm not listed. I think I still have the banner that Koyasha made for me. I know I won. Don't keep me from saying I didn't.
Haha!
Talking of awards, even the awards ages ago were more radical and fun xD
I loved the "Most Likely to Destroy the World" award, rightfully won by Hindmost ;p

and Dave - you have a point!
Hehe, I was shocked to see the 2-word intro.. maybe ZU is way lot better than I perceive it to be ^-^
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Q
I also don't like the way members I know and respect here turning into.. very unpleasant ..tHIngs just because they want to conform to that atmosphere *covers her eyes with her hands*
Are you including yourself in there, as well? ;0)

And how is Harry?

I am teh BBDeh!
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 AM
baka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
Haha!
Talking of awards, even the awards ages ago were more radical and fun xD
I loved the "Most Likely to Destroy the World" award, rightfully won by Hindmost. ;p
OH EM GEEE. TAU INVASION LAWL. That happened like, two years ago?
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Light Spirit

well.. instead of conforming, I usually just leave, and hence my not being in there much anymore ^_^;

And he's fine. After all this reminsci..sing?.. (is that the corrent spelling?) I feel like dragging him back by the foot. I'm supposed to be downstairs making luvverly food for him and others working on the new garden fence.. *whistles innocently*

*is dragged away* >.>

*runs back*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
OH EM GEEE. TAU INVASION LAWL. That happened like, two years ago?
Someone tell us the whole story!!
Since I wasn't an official member back then and had to rely on McCloud telling me things, I am not aware of teh details :<
Let's gather around the fireplace and someone who has lived through it please tell us. I want to know >.>
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,073

Quote:
Hehe, I was shocked to see the 2-word intro.. maybe ZU is way lot better than I perceive it to be ^-^
I thought mods would smack that into the locked position, but they didn't. Maybe mods need to loosen up a tad. A member is trying to bring back the Zelda RPG, so maybe more members will stay active.

I don't know about the chat room. I started going there last week and everyone kinda welcomed me. I just had a 'throw stuff' fight with BBD. The chat room is fin.

Although it does get boring. Even nasty when eric AKA sea is on. 0.0

Quote:
Let's gather around the fireplace and someone who has lived through it please tell us. I want to know >.>
0.o *sits down* tell us.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:32 AM
baka.

Gather one and all, nooblets and Anime Queen! And I shall tell you the story of TAU Invasion! [Or what I remember of it. I was a nooblet meself.]

Okay, so see here. ZU GOT HACKED. Lars was freaking out me thinks, as well as many other members and staff. We got hacked by people of 'TAU', led by Hindmost, if I'm correct. I don't think there was an 'All your base are belong to us' then. I'm not sure how it happened all the way. Doest BBD remember anything? Oh and, about half of the board's posts got wiped out. After the TAU left, we actually had to start anew.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

I don't think it was a TAUer who hacked... It was an outside hacker (not the first) who hacked BOTH boards and the boards ended up merging somewhat.... members from there were suddenly over here.

I never much liked the TAUers, actually, so maybe someone else should give you a real overview :0P''

Btw, although it was and now is known as "The Great TAU Invasion," it was also known as "When Two Universes Collide."

I am teh BBDeh!
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Ameera Mae Laramie Ameera Mae Laramie is a female United States Ameera Mae Laramie is offline
Rainbow Sheikah
Send a message via AIM to Ameera Mae Laramie
View Posts: 1,917

I remember the "Who wants to kill Navi?" thread, but which forum was it in? If it had been in Farore, then it would have been locked eventually. If it was in one of the main forums, then it wouldn't have been. I had been a forum specific mod back in the day.

And it's me that's trying to revive the Zelda RPG...if I get enough people interested in it again, it will come back as it was before. Hopefully.

Wait...was the TAU invasion the April Fools joke that was done a while back? *has a horrible memory*
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
View Posts: 13,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ
Galedeep, you kind of have a point but at the same time, you don't. Do you remember when you joined? I certainly do, and I remember that there were plenty of friendships and "groups" around at that time - in fact, the community friendships were even move visible back then. But.. it didn't us newbies from giving ourselves a chance by *interacting* with those already here.
That is my biggest gripe- that people today seem a lot less enthusiastic about going out of their way to post ANYthing apart from about themselves.
You have a way better memory than me, I have no idea what it was like when I joined, but I know what it's been like since around mid-2004, and that's what I go on. One thing I can say is that maybe why new members were more willing to try to hang around "older members" is because they weren't all that much older. Only a year or so, since the boards have only been up since 2002. Now it's probably intimidating to see some one who has been here for three years or more, and the friendships are that much stronger. Also, the people in those friendships or groups are older, and the newer members are still around the same average age. It's hard for say, an 18 or 19 year-old to form a bond with a 14 year old, especially over a message board.

Quote:
Okay, so see here. ZU GOT HACKED. Lars was freaking out me thinks, as well as many other members and staff. We got hacked by people of 'TAU', led by Hindmost, if I'm correct. I don't think there was an 'All your base are belong to us' then. I'm not sure how it happened all the way. Doest BBD remember anything? Oh and, about half of the board's posts got wiped out. After the TAU left, we actually had to start anew.
See, now this I do have a vague recollection of. Some one, not a TAUer hacked both sites. I think the TAUers set up a temporary board, and then somehow ZU was invited to join it as well. Friendships were made there, and as a result some of the TAUers joined here after everything went back to "normal" (besides a chunk of posts gone missing). I think their forums, which were based on....some game that I can't remember cause I'm dumb, was certainly for a more mature audience, and hence they were a little more crude in their ways. Wasn't a huge deal. I wouldn't really call it an invasion since it wasn't like it was unwelcome as far as I recall.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 02:42 PM
You know you love it.
Send a message via AIM to Yami

View Posts: 6,884

Besides the TAU hostility, there are quite a few awesome people over there. As a result of both the chat, and this event, I have become friends with a number of the TAU community : )

In short, good things can come out of bad things.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
baka.

Crazy foo' Yami.

It was in OoT Zelda forum, Ameera-chan.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 03:22 PM
View Posts: n/a

I still remember the glory days of Captain Cornflake. Though, when you think about it, every day is technically a glory day for Captain Cornflake.

Speaking of Hind winning awards, it is a proven fact that he wins all the awards every time, and the people given the awards are actually just the runner ups. True fact.

Oh, and Hooligans Of The Night for the motherfu*king win. Which is now where I return to. Later b*tches.
Last Edited by linkfan4711; 12-02-2006 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Soho hears the lies, the twisted cries, the lonely sighs

View Posts: 5,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galedeep View Post
See, now this I do have a vague recollection of. Some one, not a TAUer hacked both sites. I think the TAUers set up a temporary board, and then somehow ZU was invited to join it as well. Friendships were made there, and as a result some of the TAUers joined here after everything went back to "normal" (besides a chunk of posts gone missing). I think their forums, which were based on....some game that I can't remember cause I'm dumb, was certainly for a more mature audience, and hence they were a little more crude in their ways. Wasn't a huge deal. I wouldn't really call it an invasion since it wasn't like it was unwelcome as far as I recall.
Quoted for truth.

Total Annihilation Universe and Zelda Universe were hosted on the same server, and somebody managed to hack ZU so much that the entire server exploded. While the server was repaired and all of the information was being restored, somebody from TAU set up a temp forum for those guys... But the thing is, the link to zeldauniverse.net/forums also led to their setup... so, actually, we were the ones invading *them*, technically.

We all signed up and went on with our merry little lives - zuers signed up at tau, tauers signed up here, the chat was started on the TAU server and is still there to this day...

And if I recall correctly, weren't the pie fights floating around GCC at first, and then moved into the BA? :O :::shrugs:::

I must admit, I do have a lot of nostalgia for the days when things were a lot looser around here and when I thought that "____ Universe" was actually a creative title for a site...
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 04:18 PM
MUST HAVE STABBED HIM FIFTY ****ING TIMES!
View Posts: 5,357

There are three things I miss:

- The old members, including Peefy, Mericutio an The Merchant.
- 2003, when I was a newbie and found this lace to be a walm, loving environment where Icould escape to.
- Efnet, when the chatroom had the likes of all the old members and the bots, I miss the bots .

Last month I fond a signature that Katiiz made for me back on '03. I felt a longing for those days to rturn as I gazed apon it.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamyam
Besides the TAU hostility, there are quite a few awesome people over there. As a result of both the chat, and this event, I have become friends with a number of the TAU community : )
Yep!
I had a load of fun arguing with Hindmost at every opportunity and over anything and everything xD (somehow, I can no longer stand to argue >_< ), eh.. but I think we've formed a mutual respect type of thing :p

Others like Matt, Luckz, Moo and co are all good reasons why the brush with TAU was a good thing ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi
While the server was repaired and all of the information was being restored, somebody from TAU set up a temp forum for those guys... But the thing is, the link to zeldauniverse.net/forums also led to their setup... so, actually, we were the ones invading *them*, technically.
=O
How dare you question the misconceptions we hold so dear in our sacred ZU history .. >_>
*resumes teaching and indoctrinating "The TAU invasion" to the ZU newbies* <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galedeep
Also, the people in those friendships or groups are older, and the newer members are still around the same average age. It's hard for say, an 18 or 19 year-old to form a bond with a 14 year old, especially over a message board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom- or should I say "uno"? xD
- 2003, when I was a newbie and found this place to be a warm, loving environment where Icould escape to.
Aha.. proof of what I was saying, Galedeep!
When Dom and I arrived (roughly the same time.. a month apart) the chatroom was already up, ZU marriages had been well into the swing of things, and the community was swinging. But.. (I joined the chatroom well before I registered on the forums) even Dom here, who was much younger than the averahe ZUChatter was able to find the atmosphere warm and loving. Which means.. that what a community feels like depends on those already in there =)

I, personally, don't care if a member is 22 years old (my age) or 12. There are so many cool people here whom it's a pleasure to be friends with.. I doubt any of them find me intimidating.. I think >_>
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
View Posts: 13,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ
Aha.. proof of what I was saying, Galedeep!
When Dom and I arrived (roughly the same time.. a month apart) the chatroom was already up, ZU marriages had been well into the swing of things, and the community was swinging. But.. (I joined the chatroom well before I registered on the forums) even Dom here, who was much younger than the averahe ZUChatter was able to find the atmosphere warm and loving. Which means.. that what a community feels like depends on those already in there =)

I, personally, don't care if a member is 22 years old (my age) or 12. There are so many cool people here whom it's a pleasure to be friends with.. I doubt any of them find me intimidating.. I think >_>
Ok, ok, I yield to you! I don't know what it is that has changed the community, I was just going on what I think might have done it. *bow*
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Now I'm just a seasoned pervert...
Send a message via AIM to Kishin Send a message via Yahoo to Kishin
View Posts: 1,736

I'll take a walk down memory lane. When I ran this Bisnatch. Oorah!

It's been a while, but I still poke my small incompetant head in here every now and than to say my hello's. ^_^ I'm impressed with the changes It's kicking ass and taking names.
If you don't know who I am, that's right your a newbie. Sorry, life sucks and so do you. j/k

I didn't fall off the earth, I joined the Marine Corp, I'm stationed now at the wonderful 29 palms california... Aka 29 stumps. Never the less I love my job and I'm having a blast traveling all over. Next I'm getting stationed in Okanawa Or however you spell it. Anyway I'm going to Japan! Konichiwa! Genki Deska! or some crap.

Profile || Battle Arena || Pm

Random Quote- I've sometimes thought of marrying, and then I've thought again. (Noel Coward, 1956)
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Light Spirit

Kishin!!! =O

You!
Stay! xD

*coughs and decides to talk in more than just one-syllable words*

Anyway - so great to see you again and hear that you're doing so well! Enjoy Japan ^-^
Oh come on, I'm sure you can spare more than 5 minutes a year to grace us with your presence ;p

Galedeep - *curtsies back* ~__^

Tags
learnt, lessons, memories, rant