Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 09:58 PM
:]
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio
View Posts: 5,071
Newspaper help?

I am having trouble thinking of good ideas for my school newspaper..... I am an entertainment writer.... you know like reviews of books, video games, and those things.... so does anyone have any good ideas for an article? Just some things you should know:

> Can't be rated above M can be rated M sometimes.....
> If it's a manga HAS to be T or below! No T+ I learned that the hard way.....
> Has to be released at most a month old! Perferably less....

So those are the only things you should keep in mind! now you may help my writers block woth some nice ideas! Also remember I go to a middle school and it can't be too bad....
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 PM
wizzzaarrrd!
Send a message via AIM to Gracie
View Posts: 3,630
Re: Newspaper help?

...Why not do a review on Twilight Princess, along with interviews with Myamoto and rumors? That would be really neat, getting people hyped up about Zelda.

"Maybe it's the sum of a million coincidences we don't quite control that brings us to a particular place
at a particular time, or maybe it's the choices we make, the actions we take. If there's one thing I've learned in 85 years, it's
that what we want doesn't always matter. But then again, sometimes it's all that does." - Mick St. John

#3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,461

I actually did a preview of Majora's Mask back in the day...

Well, since you are a Zelda fan, put the series in perspective, with a lead into the Twilight Princess game. Or just preview what you know about the game, get more people interested
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio

Well, my teacher is really strict... While I would LOVE to do that he would just say to wait until the game comes out..... and I need to do 4 articles before then..... Thanks though! I'll ask him and maybe he'll actually let me do it..... I hope....
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Living so free is a tragedy when you can't be what you want to be
View Posts: 11,087

try doing game of the week article.they had that for planet power at grade 6,so why not yours?just say it's plot,when it was released,rating and all that stuff,and ,whamoo!,you got a finished article.try it.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:36 PM

Ummm..... that sounds like a good idea, but there aren't many good games this month.... I'll try that too! Thanks! ^^
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM

Anytime,and you can also try doing worst games of the month in case you need a plan s,er,g,argg!I mean B!!!B!!!!!!!!!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:52 PM

Oh! Yeah! My teacher commented on that too! He said we always choose the good games and that makes us sound too nice..... Well, I'm sure my teacher would like that! Thanks again! Also do you know any specific games I could review? Or books.....
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:57 PM

Good Games:Tony Hawk's American Wasteland(It's short,but real fun to play on high score mode),Fire Emblemath of Residance,Mario Party 7,Mario & LuigiIT.
Bad:Ed,Edd'n Eddy,Bratz,Narnia.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM

Hahahah! That's so true! Well, this one kid that does game reviews too already did Partners in time, Fire emblem, and the Tony Hawk game... I COULD do Mario Party..... Well, thanks that list helps!
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2006, 01:56 PM

Anytime!If you need more ideas or ways to piss teachers off,you can always ask me.Now if you excuse me,I have to throw a cherry bomb at my dumb french teacher(gets a lighter)
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Thank you for your assistance! I love to tick teachers off.... except my Newspaper teacher.... because he expected so much fromo me and now he has lost all hope in me.... and I need to beat my friend who has done 9 articles where-as I have done two..... Oh, well I just need to work harder!

AND come up with some print worthy ideas! Of course that is the whole point of this thread.... My teacher commented today that he would love to have someone do a book review.... Does anyone have any book suggestions?
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 PM

yay!good luck!we're right behind you!make everyone feel silly!Be sure to steal one of those coco muffins at you school for me!
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 08:34 PM

Hahaha! Yes! Coco muffins? Sorry all we have is cookies.... hahahah! Good news though! My teacher assigned me to do a comic! I already finished it though.... now I need to do something else.... I now have 3 things done! I need to have at least 4 to get an A.... I want to beat my friend that now has done 11 instead of 9........ I am so..... GAH!!!!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,461

ok this seems to have become the iluvzelda/solink PM thread... if you guys wanna chat some more about this topic, do it PM's

*locked*
Closed Thread

Tags
newspaper