Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Play your flute and dance and sing your song.
Send a message via AIM to southern belle Send a message via Skype™ to southern belle
View Posts: 6,032
Re: Thanksgiving

We have a pretty traditional Thanksgiving. We don't have relatives over, it's just my immediate family. My Dad and eldest brother will be in the living room cheering the Cowboys on, while my mom, my younger older brother, and I cook. We make tons of food on Thanksgiving, even though it's just the five of us. We have turkey, homemade cranberry sauce (made by yours truely), sweet potato pie, my grandmother's famous stuffing (the best stuffing you're ever likely to taste), green bean cassarole, various unimportant sides, and two pumpkin pies and two chocolate pies. ^_^ I've never really understood why we make four pies, but it is nice to be able to decide on a whim sometime after Thanksgiving that you wanna go have some pie. ^_^

Before we sit down to eat, we all get up and say what we're Thankful for. We make a pretty big deal outta this. Each of us recites whole lists, not just one little thing. ^_^ Afterwards we'll sit around groaning for awhile and trying to put off the mound of dishes for as long as possible. We've gone to the after Thanksgiving sales a few times, but we don't usually, the lines are horridous.

Panique made the sig, chibis by Andrea. The squee-inducing avy is by DQ. <3
BA Characters: Sarah Hamilton, Bella, Luna
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Come what may, I will love you till my dying day.
View Posts: 426

We do nothing special. The whole family gathers at my cousins house and we eat...and eat...and eat some more. The food is always top notch, my grandma makes the best gravy in the world and my mom is a caterer, so I'm used to good food, and lots of it! Another thing I like about Thanksgiving is that the Christmas season starts the second Thanksgiving dinner ends.
Oh, and I must say, Thanksgiving is probably the only holiday that has stayed mainly the same since it was started: giving thanks (and if you're religious, it's to God you give thanks) for what you have. Other holidays like Christmas and Easter have been twisted into days where spoiled kids can get more useless junk and we can go around finding colorfully painted eggs in the backyard. Not why they were created.

K.M.
Hebrews 4:12-For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

#23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Rocker
View Posts: 394

We usually go to one of our relatives' houses, eat turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, etc. We stay for hours, watch football games, and play around..

Fun is it? Yes... My cousins are VERY entertaining, and we usually end up playing football, instead off watching it, and I like that, because the Packers are always the only ones on. :disappoin
Last Edited by Sword of Lemons; 11-24-2005 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Guardian of Ice Guardian of Ice is a female United States Guardian of Ice is offline
Lurker
View Posts: 1,129

For my family on Thanksgiving is usually different. We either go see my grandma and eat there, or we go up north from where I live to see family up there to spend time with.

It's boring when we go to my gramdma's but there's always gooooood food there but at least I get a good meal and see my grandma I'm happy.

When I go up north, I get to see my little and cute cousins which is normally fun since I get to spend time with them after not seeing them in a very long time. Also I get to see my aunts and uncles which I haven't seen in months. xD But I always end up babysitting around 6 kids maybe 5, depending if one of my cousins isn't with her real mother.

[Deadhand and CT- grew up]:
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm sure Idaho looks EXACTLY like upstate New York.
Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi
View Posts: 1,488

For Thanksgiving, my family (my mom's side, because all my dad's side is scattered across the country) and gather in a tiny cabin. Nuthin' special there, now is there?
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Symbiotic in Theory
Send a message via AIM to Epyon Send a message via Yahoo to Epyon
View Posts: 1,377

This Thanksgiving, I will:
  • Drink lots of alchoholic beverages.
  • Make a complete ass out of my self.
  • Jump in the pool naked.
  • Have sex with 10 random chicks.
  • Pass out from eating to much.

Actually, I will probably just sit around a play video games all day, and then eat sometime in the afternoon. But hey, you never know.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
a terrible person
View Posts: 2,963

For Thanksgiving, all my family does is go to Canada for a weekend. It used to be cool, but now, it's just kind of boring. Plus, my mom makes the WORST turkey you have ever tasted. It's bad, let me tell you.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern belle
.... various unimportant sides....
VARIOUS UNIMPORTANT SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT GRAVEY, MASHED POTATOES, CRONBREAD, CRUSANCES (spl?), AND CORN, AND LOTS OF OTHER STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

*grumbles* various unimportant sides......

#29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My brother and his girlfriend came over to eat turkey with us at 12:00PM. We started early.

No one else came, but it was nice. Things were getting back to normal, and still are.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Tab.
Send a message via AIM to Scoria
View Posts: 8,251

My family always makes the special yams that are seen in Garfields Thanksgiving! A cup of buuter, a cup of brown sugar, and marshmallows!
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Life is all about resolve - outcome is secondary.
View Posts: 4,137

My family doesn't do much on Thanksgiving that I can really remember. My dad is watching football right now, and my mom is talking to him but he doesn't seem to care about what she's saying. So my dad watches football. Got that. I'm going to play on the computer and perhaps play Zelda until dinner, where I stuff myself with Unturkey, greens, green beans, etc.. Yes I have to admit I am a vegetarian. Last year I went to Mississippi to visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving, but I really kind of got bored. I wasn't with ZU then, which is sad. The only exciting thing that happened, really, was that I was assigned with serving the drinks, which wasn't all that exciting. Then there was the feast. OOOOOO, the feast. Yum, the feast..... .... um, sorry. There was a really good batch of mashed potatoes, green beans...sorry, my memory is failing me now. I can't remember anything else. Shame, shame.

{-: Itsuya Dayrose <3~ :-}
{-: Art Commissions! :-}
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,461

for thanksgiving, i gorge at my house that's about it...

this year i decided to go to my high school's football game again... worst idea ever, as it was cold, rainy, and my team was losing... needless to say i came home nicely drenched and freezing...

but turkey was good...

Tags
thanksgiving