$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Princess_Zelda_ Princess_Zelda_ is a female Canada Princess_Zelda_ is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to Princess_Zelda_
View Posts: 1,326
Today marks, the two year point.. =O

Well, well, well. I've seen lots of people making these kinda threads. Mostly, the older users (date joined wise), here on ZU, marking their two year anniversary. So, I, myself (nooo, who else?) thought I could make one too =D Yay. So, what do I start off with?

Looking back on the years of how such a newbie I was. Oh my goodness me. I used to type, and never make sense (I tend to do that now still, but I try to make a point, before I didn't. I just, typed), and I used to type poorly. Bad grammer, such and such. It's still bad =P Haha. I bet you all are board of hearing the same thing over, well deal with it =D ... >.> ... Nah I'm kidding. I'll *try* to make this intresting for you. Yes, so I started here when I was 12, and me, not caring about the, you have to be 13 or older to join these forums, made myself 13. Haha... *Everyone rolls their eyes and thinks "Oh my, such a rebel, tsk tsk." ... Not* Yeah, I could have just waited, but I was like "ONG LYK @ ZELD@ FORRM I H@V333 2 J0!N!!!11" That was kinda my reaction =P Anyways, so I came, made a thread, told Ganon's Daughter about it, she was all, eee =D, and I was all, eee =D. I only really knew about this site because of her talking about it a couple times. And I checked it out, and joined. Yay. I got adopted, by Sage of Ice and managed to get 100 posts in a whole week just to get into a clan. Wanted Nayru, and got into Nayru =) I was happy about that. How I managed to get 100 posts? No idea. I've been here two years and don't even have 1,000 yet =P Oh well, that's alright. Post count doesn't matter, its the kinda posts that you post that matter. Quality is better than quantity. I think.

Couple months later, decided to adopt a newbie =D I had to wait a whole 'nother week because I was a week under the 3 month limit. Arg. And I bet you guys are bored now, so, and I'm unsure of what else to say about this. Except, I'm an odd person, and I've kinda sorta changed since I came here. Mind you, I'm 2 years older also (will be 3 in 62 days) and you hopefully expect that from people, as they get older and more mature, again, you can hope that. Some people don't change much, or at all. Weeee, nexxtt..

So, as me, the little newbie, was here, I knew NO ONE. Except GD. Heh, she's great =) <3. I didn't really start talking much, but I met up with e_alert and we started talking, a lot, and then started talking to Gjervan and a couple other people. And about a year later, I met Mr. Moogle, and we talked, a lot, about, basically everything. Heheee... And yes...

So, I come to my conclusion of my being here of two years. Although I haven't been as active recently, I haven't the time. School, friends, family, outings, things and such which occupy my time and decrease the time I have here. Wow, that in no way was supposed to make me sound smart, or know what I'm talking about. It probably didn't even make sense. But, anyways, I like this community, it's full of people that know what they are doing, run by some pretty awesome people, and just, yeah. So, here's to two years, and hopefully many more

Wee ^_^

EDIT: Apparently I put too many smilies. Woah.. So I deleted them all and put =)'s instead.
Last Edited by Princess_Zelda_; 11-22-2005 at 03:17 PM. Reason: 'Cause I wanted to change the colour =P Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 PM
"Flying Rubber"
View Posts: 699
Re: Today marks, the two year point.. =O

Happy Two Year Joinday!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

I'm glad you have found joy in your years at ZU. May many more years to come, and may you never leave us, you Italian!

Nice "eee =D". It was cute.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:48 PM
MUST HAVE STABBED HIM FIFTY ****ING TIMES!
View Posts: 5,357

My two years was last month, found it horrible that I actually still come here...
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Captain Fap
Send a message via ICQ to e_alert Send a message via AIM to e_alert Send a message via Yahoo to e_alert Send a message via Skype™ to e_alert

View Posts: 3,186

Woo, my loveleh li'l sis is growing up! Yeah! You go, you!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,572

How about for a new years resolution, you change the colour of your font? It puts me off reading your posts. You too Alonely. I know it kind helps you imagine the kind of voice of the person, but one day, someone may become blind. o_0 Joke.

Anyways, congratulations on your two year aniversary, Princess_Zelda_. You seem like a very cool member, even though I don't know you. Congrats.!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Sage of Wisdom

^_^ Thanks you. Umm.. The colour, I can change that. I like small writing, and blue, and this font, so, I guess I can change it to that Yay!

Eee =D Heh.

Unknown, I swear I've seen you around so many times But never really chatted or anything. Odd. I'm not much of a person that talks directly. As you can see... Sometimes... Unless they talk to me first. Yeah... >.>
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Grand Inquisitor
View Posts: 3,237

Unfortunately I'm going to have to lock this.

Nah. Just kidding.

Quote:
I'll *try* to make this intresting for you. Yes, so I started here when I was 12, and me, not caring about the, you have to be 13 or older to join these forums, made myself 13.
I tend to get the opposite reaction. When I was much younger created some account for something and I put my age higher than it was. I was always worried someone was going to find out and I was going to get in trouble.

Quote:
No idea. I've been here two years and don't even have 1,000 yet =P Oh well, that's alright. Post count doesn't matter, its the kinda posts that you post that matter. Quality is better than quantity. I think.
That's what all the people with low post counts say... I must say though, I've had large amounts of posts in spurts, mostly. I remember one summer to early winter stretch, and more recently since I was modded, and I had to participate more. All the dates start getting fuzzy after two years, don't they? I remember getting my thousandth post just before New Year's once. Can't even bother to recall which it was.

Quote:
Mind you, I'm 2 years older also (will be 3 in 62 days) and you hopefully expect that from people, as they get older and more mature, again, you can hope that. Some people don't change much, or at all. Weeee, nexxtt..
Looking back, I'm amazed how much I've matured. I don't mean from being immature, but I mean how much my mind has sharpened from four, even two years ago. Around these ages your mind really has to start latching onto abstract thinking, and you really do get so much more mature.

Oh well, by writing a page of text I kind of ruined my semi-practical joke to start with. I never was good at those types of things anyway. Congrats on the second year, here's to many more.

Thanks to Captain Cornflake for the redesign, originally Pipking's.
Rules don't hurt, but mods make sure disobeying them does.|Adopted imstarbright
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
How about for a new years resolution, you change the colour of your font? It puts me off reading your posts. You too Alonely. I know it kind helps you imagine the kind of voice of the person, but one day, someone may become blind.
Um... I use the old blue skin. Plus, either highlight it or just ignore my posts, hon. Not that hard.

Who did you adopt the first time, P_Z_? I always thought of you as an adoptee.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Ciao.
View Posts: 1,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonely
Um... I use the old blue skin. Plus, either highlight it or just ignore my posts, hon. Not that hard.
*high fives fellow blue-skin user*

And besides, Unknown, I already tried bribing her with $6.80 for one regular colored post, but even that didn't work. Alonely sticks by her principles.

I like the light blue font though... I only have trouble reading the purple fonts.

Anyway, congratulations Princess_Zelda on your two year anniversary at this site. Two years is a long time to be a member of a message board.
Used to post here regularly on the forum, but eventually moved on. For anyone wondering what happened to me, everything going just fine and I'm completely happy with everything I'm doing. There reaches a point where you gotta move on.

Still, thanks for the memories, ZU.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,117

Congrats on two years. I have been here for 5 months, 6 in 9 days
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Miniblin
View Posts: 3,674

2 years! Congrats! That's a nice, even number. Happy two years!

*Gives 2-Year-Anniversary Pitchfork and brownie*
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims
I like the light blue font though... I only have trouble reading the purple fonts.
Right when I change my entrance post, I see that. Harhar. I thought it was better. I think I'll just leave it black then

Quote:
Umm... To be 100% perfectly honest, I don't remember. I think it was Ril. I then asked Lio if I could, let her go, because she was barely online, and I thought I could do with a new adoptee. If it wasn't her, then it was.. RIL

Oh, and thanks you very much

And congratulations Owned 5 Months is pretty long too
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Yo-Yo's are cool!!!
Send a message via AIM to turkishgold11
View Posts: 1,455

Nice work on staying here for that long, I myself will have been a member here for a complete year in a couple of months. Congads....

|Leminnes is my photoshop mentor|
|Wii Number - 8006 5861 4123 3139|
| Xbox 360 Gamertag - I KiMoSaBe I |
|Sig made by yours truly|
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
A polite suffix that has no translation
View Posts: 2,675

Congratulations on the two years! Hooray! *holds up glass of lemonade* Here's to many more! Cheers!

Haven't talked to you, but you seem like a really cool person, and your posts are always well thought out and that. Congratulations once again.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,572

Quote:

Okays, I appreciate that you and Princess_Zelda_ stick by your loyal font colour. Maybe I'll start using a colour, maybe green or purple...

Or maybe I'll do them all on Photoshop, with glowing, bevelled text...

Anyway, congratulations once again Princess_Zelda_. I don't want to get too off-topic.

EDIT: OMG! Have I actually convinced Princess_Zelda_ to change her font? w00t! :]

Tags
marks, point, today, year