i belive in faries not dragons! 5 5.05%
i belive in dragons not faries! 19 19.19%
i belive in both! 28 28.28%
WTF is wrong with you!! 47 47.47%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2005, 03:08 PM
zeldalives4ever zeldalives4ever is a female United States zeldalives4ever is offline
In our hearts and in our souls
Send a message via Yahoo to zeldalives4ever
View Posts: 260
Re: Dragons and faries i belive

this may sound odd and a bit crazy but believe it or not i believe in fairies for some wierd reason i always have since i was a little girl. i guess i believe bc theyre so cool and shiny and glitter and like the essence of "good" and all well most of them anyway. And they could just be so darn small and very hidden that we like never see them. Dragons are a little bit harder to believe in and all bc there so darn big most of them are and all and you think you notice them but its a cool thought to think that maybe once they exsited.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 PM
well dang I can't think of one yet!
View Posts: 238

YOU sould have I don't know on the list.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Symbiotic in Theory
Send a message via AIM to Epyon Send a message via Yahoo to Epyon
View Posts: 1,377

You all need to stop reading fairy tales, as clearly your reality is being severely warped. Faries and Dragons are inventions of fantasy. Someone imagined them up and wrote a story about them.

Of course, I cant tell you what to belive. You can belive that what you imagine is true; Just like I'm going to imagine that you all aren't the most gullible people ever.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2005, 06:09 AM
The user formerly know as Omandy
View Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon
You all need to stop reading fairy tales, as clearly your reality is being severely warped. Faries and Dragons are inventions of fantasy. Someone imagined them up and wrote a story about them.

Of course, I cant tell you what to belive. You can belive that what you imagine is true; Just like I'm going to imagine that you all aren't the most gullible people ever.

Man, don't you know that dragons are in nearly every ancient culture on every continent in the world? How could someone have made the dragon up and then the whole world know about it?

Same goes for faires.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Swiggty Swag, whats in the bag?
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
View Posts: 10,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omandy
Man, don't you know that dragons are in nearly every ancient culture on every continent in the world? How could someone have made the dragon up and then the whole world know about it?

Same goes for faires.
Many other mythical beings are in other cultutres as well. Giants, deamons, sprits. However, every culture has a different view of them. It was someone that made them up, and that someome was from one certain tribe. So thus, they were made up by people.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Last Edited by Nox; 10-05-2005 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2005, 07:31 AM
trinest.com
View Posts: 2,453

Apparently the Yeti is real.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 86

HAHAHA....sorry. Um yea i don't think there is such thing as a fairy or a dragon. I think your crazy. no offense though.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 70

I beilieve in dragons I guess...but only because we have found frozen proof or dragons
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 PM
The user formerly know as Omandy
View Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuni
I beilieve in dragons I guess...but only because we have found frozen proof or dragons
Frozen proof? What are you talking about? Please elaborate, I'd like to know more. I hope you're not talking about that doc discovery put out about dragons. That was a great doc but it was all talking in hypathetical terms. Even though they said in the doc that they found a frozen dragon it was talking about "What if we found a frozen dragon?" They never actually found one.

Is that what you are talking about?
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:40 AM
right under you
View Posts: 56

u know what i think that early chinese explorers might of had gone to some place and seen some kind of fossil and said "wow this creature look cool" might of had been a pterodactle on top of a big dinosaur with a giant tail little arms and big feet like a t-rex
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I am the right hand of destruction
View Posts: 652

ok everyone come on dragons? faries? I don't think so. I bet dragons were made up in the old days by someone finding a dinosaur skeleton and without the knowledge of the existence of dinosaurs made up the dragon. The whole breathing fire was made up to add the scaryness and the power of the dragon. And if faries exist then that means giant spiders and goblins and trolls and unicorns and anything else that is mythical and enything that i can create off the top of my head exists. No im sorry they are not real. Faries are suposed to have intelligence right. Well if they were real why have they not communicated to us and made themselves known?

Thanks for the sig and avy V99
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 09:22 AM
We Want Prenup!
Send a message via AIM to shadow_hybrid
View Posts: 186

I don't really believe either one exists, but I'm going to pick one anyway.

If a dude picks a fairy, that's really scary. (see what I just did there? I rymed!) If a dude picks a dragon, then.... I don't know, but dragons are better than fairys so I'm going with dragons.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 12:59 PM
The Grape
View Posts: 290

I believe in fairies and dragons! Well, not as much dragons... And I believe in Unicorns, goblins, treants, elves, dwarves, gnomes, leprauchans... I know gnomes and leprauchans exist. There's a couple of gnomes standing in my yard and leprauchans are in Ireland. I come from Ireland. So I know. And I'm a leprauchan, too. And everytime someone says fairies don't exist, a fairy dies! So they're almost extinct! So don't say they don't exist. If you do, you're a murderer. I think. I don't really know. As the Mask Man once said, "Believe... believe..."

Angel/Gary/Nuria/Taran & Sophia/Xakk
Mini sigs made by Junahu! Come read my story!
Friends: gingerbreadman,
I HAVE A Wii!
My Comics!
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killmesaveher
no i am not a little kid i am 12
12 is extremely young, you stop being a kid around half-way through highschool. Heck I you don't really start living until your 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokussj1420
Faries are suposed to have intelligence right. Well if they were real why have they not communicated to us and made themselves known?
Maybe because they prefer to keep to themselves?

Faries and Dragons existing is a possibility, anything is a possibilitiy. Some people think faries only show to pure hearts some only think faries show to the dead. Dragons, it's possible they were alive, maybe not exactly like the way they are shown and described in books but some massive lizard that had wings and terrorized things is possible.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
You actually read these?
Send a message via AIM to Baratona
View Posts: 398

I think they exist because anything is possible on Earth thats why life exists. If that creature existed and wanted to stay hidden it could do, humans couldn't find them if they tried , why do you think no ones ever seen a giant squid close and the only pictures of one were taken last year? I belive the Kraken existed and that giant squid are its offspringthats why they are so elusive and huge.

Great sig made by V99 thanks a bunch!
Av badly done by me
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 28

It seems ironic that in so many mythologys and folklores around the world have some kind of dragon and/or fairy. Where did the ideas of these strange creatures come from? Why do so many cultures have such things as dragons and fairies? Here are my theories:

Dragons: Dragons a long time ago I believe where actually dinosaurs. I think that dinosaurs didn't just all die out spontaniously (That doesn't make sense to me). The people of that time didn't know what they where seeing, so they called them "Dragons" and perhaps exagorated a bit in there stories.

Fairies: Fairies are, perhaps, a strange kind of glowing insect/creature/humanoid thing. Other such things as elves, dwarves, lepracauns, ect. I believe are probably a very rare species of human.

Call me crazy, if you wish, but this is my theory.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura
Maybe dragons were dinosaurs. Think about it, you see a dragon, then a dinosaur, they look kinda the same.

Dinosaur:

Dragon:

use your imagnation to put them together.
Well someones gonna have to get a good defination of a dragon here because to me a dragon is something that can fly and breathes fire. Yes I know some dinosaurs can fly but has there ever been anything that could breath fire? I just really doubt it.

Have you seen "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real". Really if not you should. It basicly explains every thing.

Oh No I do not really beleive in fairies. (I hope Tinkerbell didn't here that....) But Dragons seem to have a lot of evidence on there side like the fact that every culture has a story of dragons.

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Swiggty Swag, whats in the bag?
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
View Posts: 10,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles
But Dragons seem to have a lot of evidence on there side like the fact that every culture has a story of dragons.
Once again, people are ignoring the fact that almost every culture has a varition of dragons or faries. Saying, 'Since dragons are found in alomost every cultre, they have to be real!' means that giants, ghosts, deamons, and spirits must be real as variations of those are found in every culture as well.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 922

^Dragons tend to follow a general physical pattern though. Whereas spirits were rarely even depicted visually, and -everything- that happened which was unexplainable was a spirit.

.: THE UNEXAMINED LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING :.

#60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
PReSEnT DaY... PReSEnT TImE! HAhAHahAha!
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpaku
It seems ironic that in so many mythologys and folklores around the world have some kind of dragon and/or fairy. Where did the ideas of these strange creatures come from? Why do so many cultures have such things as dragons and fairies? Here are my theories:

Dragons: Dragons a long time ago I believe where actually dinosaurs. I think that dinosaurs didn't just all die out spontaneously (That doesn't make sense to me). The people of that time didn't know what they where seeing, so they called them "Dragons" and perhaps exagorated a bit in there stories.
I think it's more likely that they simply found dinosaur bones, all Dinosaur Fossils dissapeared a long time before human fossils were found.

Quote:
Fairies: Fairies are, perhaps, a strange kind of glowing insect/creature/humanoid thing. Other such things as elves, dwarves, lepracauns, ect. I believe are probably a very rare species of human.
Any proof? any at all? It's fine to make claims, but no one will accept them without proof. Besides, why would they hide from us? Why haven't we found any proof of them that isn't a story or a clearly fake photo? Why is there no sign of a race of humanoids that routinely communicate with us?

I've also noticed a few people talking about the documenterary about dragons that was on Animal Planet a while ago, I'd like to point out that everything in that was fictional, they made it all up. What they did was work from the assumption that Dragons were real, if they were, how could they have done X, not "We've found proof of Dragons and here is how they lived." Keep that in mind before citing it as a source of proof for Dragons.

To address the claim that since all cultures have a version of Dragons they must be real, as has been pointed out, Dragons from China are drastically different then Dragons from Europe. Also, as far as I know every culture on Earth has stories about the dead coming back to life, does this mean that they really do? What about Psychics, are they real? (Short answer to that last one: no, there are various reasons for this, one of the big ones is that there is an orginisation in Florida that will give anyone who can show that they have psychic power $1 million US, the tests are designed by the applicants and a contract is signed, so that they have to provide the million should any psychic pass all the tests, not one has, and all of the famous ones refuse to even try out, that says something, doesn't it?). Are we to believe that the Sun is really a divine being? All cultures on Earth claimed that it was. The list goes on.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nemesis
^Dragons tend to follow a general physical pattern though.
The only real pattern they share is that they are reptiles. Would it really be that strange for some person to see a snake/iguana/whatever and, scared, run back to his village telling them about this strange monster they've seen? Humans naturally have a fear of reptiles, so it's no surprise that we should have legends about very dangerous ones.
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1

Tags
belive, dragons, faries